Bifosin cream application instructions
Bifosin cream is a drug with a wide range of antifungal effects, used to treat various dermatophytosis and candidiasis.
Bifosin is a bifonazole-based drug. It provides:
- fungicidal effect on dermatophytes, representatives of the genus Trichophyton, Microspore, Epidermofiton;
- fungistatic effect on aerobic mold fungi of the genus Aspergillus, yeast-like fungi of the genus Candida, Malassezia;
- active action against a gram-positive bacillus of the genus Corinebacteria and some gram-positive cocci.
The effect of the drug is due to a violation of the synthesis of a specific component of the cell membranes of fungi and bacteria - ergosterol on two levels. As a result, structural and functional impairments of the membrane occur and the cells undergo lysis.
Bifonazol has an effect on the resistance of the pathogen to other antifungal agents. Resistance to the active substance Bifosina develops extremely rarely. The development of resistance to bifonazole has not yet been detected in primary-sensitive strains.
The drug has a fast and good penetration into the affected area, which ensures high efficiency and widespread use.
Release form and composition
Bifosin cream comes in the form of a cream applied externally. The amount of the drug in the tube is 30 g. The cream is uniform in structure, without color, but may have a gray tint.
Manufacturer of the drug - Synthesis OAO (Russia).
The composition of 1 gram of cream includes:
- bifonazola - 10 mg;
- cream base.
The drug belongs to the antifungal group, is made from chemical raw materials, subject to non-prescription.
Indications for use
- skin lesions fungal flora caused by dermatophytes, yeast-like fungi of the genus Candida, mold fungi, as well as other types of fungi;
- fungal infections of the skin and interdigital folds of the feet;
- fungal lesions of the skin and interdigital folds of the hands;
- damage to the smooth skin or groin area by dermatophytes;
- superficial candidal lesion of the skin;
- pityriasis versicolor ;
- pseudomycosis of bacterial origin (erythrasma).
Bifosin is contraindicated:
- in case of hypersensitivity to the active substance or other components of the drug;
- during the first trimester during pregnancy;
- lactation period.
The drug is used with the observance of caution:
- in the II and III trimester of pregnancy;
- early age of children;
- in persons prone to hypersensitivity to antifungal drugs from the group of imidazole compounds (econazole, clotrimazole, miconazole).
Mode of application
The cream should be applied with a thin layer on the affected area. Reception frequency - 1-2 times a day. The drug should be lightly rubbed.
With the defeat of fungi that cause edematous forms of the disease, it will be more effective to begin therapy with the use of a solution. After reducing puffiness, you can go to the cream.
The duration of therapy for:
- rubrofitii can be up to 5 weeks;
- microsporia smooth skin - about 2 weeks;
- infection of the external organs of the reproductive system - up to 4 weeks;
- fungal infection of the rollers of the nails and the nails of the plate; the course of treatment is prolonged for at least 4 months;
- pityriasis and pseudomycosis of bacterial genesis can reach 4 weeks;
- with increased sweating of the feet - 2–3 weeks.
After the disappearance of the clinical signs of fungal infection, therapy is carried out for another 2 weeks. The prophylactic frequency of use to prevent recurrence of the disease is 1 time per day.
The negative effect of Bifosin is very rare. Possible:
- slight hyperemia;
- skin irritation, burning sensation;
- possible skin reactions in the nail area, accompanied by redness, peeling, irritation and development of dermatitis;
- allergic manifestations.
Special instructions and drug interactions
- Apply the cream with caution to avoid contact with eyes;
- as there are no reliable clinical data on the use of bifonazole during pregnancy, in the first trimester the use of the drug is contraindicated;
- bifonazol does not affect the speed of psychomotor reactions and the ability to drive vehicles;
- in the absence of an effect or a low efficacy of therapy, an additional examination of the patient is carried out, including a study of the immune and endocrine function, the blood condition, after which a correction is prescribed.
Analogs cream Bifosin
A group of antifungal agents based on bifonazole is represented by:
- Bifas is a cream of domestic production. It has the same packaging, composition and indications, as Bifosin. Manufacturer of the medicinal product: Samaramedprom (Russia);
- Mikospor - analogue of foreign production. Available in the form of a cream, ointment in a set for the treatment of nail lesions, as well as in the form of a solution for external use. Producer means: Bayer HealthCare AG (Germany).
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life 2 years. The storage place should be outside the reach of children, be a dry, dark place, the temperature range of which is 15-25 degrees. Use after the expiration date is prohibited.
Bifosin cream price
Bifosin cream 1% 30g - from 45 to 70 rubles.