Bifosin Cream is a drug that has a wide range of antifungal effects, used to treat various dermatophytosis and candidiasis.
Bifosin is a drug based on bifonazole. It provides:
- fungicidal action on dermatophytes, representatives of the genus Trichophyton, Microspores, Epidermophyton;
- fungistatic effect on aerobic mold fungi of the genus Aspergill, yeast-like fungi of the genus Candida, Malassassia;
- active action with respect to the gram-positive rod of the genus Corinebacteria and some Gram-positive cocci.
The effect of the drug is due to a violation of the synthesis of a specific component of the cell membranes of fungi and bacteria - ergosterol at two levels. As a result, structural and functional damage occurs to the membrane and the cells are lysed.
Bifonazole has an effect with the resistance of the pathogenic microorganism to other antifungal agents. Resistance to the most active substance Bifosin is extremely rare. In the initially sensitive strains, the development of resistance to bifonazole has not yet been revealed.
The drug is fast and good penetration into the affected area, which provides high efficiency and wide application.
Form of issue and composition
Bifosin cream is available in the form of a cream applied externally. The amount of the drug in the tube is 30 g. The cream is homogeneous in structure, without color, but can have a gray tinge.
The manufacturer of the medicinal product is Synthesis OJSC (Russia).
The composition of 1 gram of cream includes:
- bifonazole - 10 mg;
- cream base.
The medicine belongs to the antifungal group, it is made from chemical raw materials, it is subject to over-the-counter vacation.
Indications for use
- skin lesions of fungal flora caused by dermatophytes, yeast-like fungi of the genus Candida, mold fungi, and other species of fungi;
- fungal skin lesions and interdigital folds of the feet;
- fungal lesions of the skin and interdigital folds of the hands;
- defeat of smooth skin or inguinal area with dermatophytes;
- superficial candidiasis skin lesions;
- pityriasis lichen ;
- pseudomycosis of bacterial origin (erythrasma).
Bifosin is contraindicated:
- with increased sensitivity to the active substance or other components of the drug;
- in the first trimester during pregnancy;
- lactation period.
The drug is used with caution:
- in the II and III trimester of pregnancy;
- early age of children;
- in persons prone to hypersensitivity to antifungal drugs from the group of imidazole compounds (econazole, clotrimazole, miconazole).
Mode of application
The cream should be applied a thin layer on the affected area. Multiplicity of admission - 1-2 times a day. The drug should be lightly rubbed.
When affected by fungi that cause edematic forms of disease, it will be more effective to begin therapy with the use of a solution. After reducing swelling, you can go to the cream.
Duration of therapy with:
- rubrofitii can be up to 5 weeks;
- microsporia of smooth skin - about 2 weeks;
- infection of the external organs of the reproductive system - up to 4 weeks;
- fungal lesions of nail rollers and nail plate treatment course last at least 4 months;
- pityriasis and pseudomycosis of bacterial genesis can reach 4 weeks;
- with excessive sweating of feet - 2-3 weeks.
After the disappearance of clinical signs of fungal infection, therapy is carried out for another 2 weeks. Prophylactic multiplicity of application for the prevention of recurrence of the disease is 1 time per day.
The negative influence of Bifosin is very rare. Possible:
- slight hyperemia;
- skin irritation, burning sensation;
- possible skin reactions in the nail, accompanied by redness, peeling, irritation and development of dermatitis;
- allergic manifestations.
Special instructions and drug interactions
- Apply the cream with caution to avoid contact with the eyes;
- as there is no reliable clinical data on the use of bifonazole during pregnancy, in the first trimester, the use of the drug is contraindicated;
- Bifonazole does not affect the speed of psychomotor reactions and the ability to drive;
- in the absence of effect or low effectiveness of the therapy, a further examination of the patient is carried out, including investigation of the immune and endocrine function, blood state, after which a correction of therapy is prescribed.
Analogues of Bifosin cream
The group of antifungal agents based on bifonazole is presented:
- Bifasam is a cream of domestic production. Has the same packing, composition and indications as Bifosin. Drug manufacturer: Samaramedprom (Russia);
- Mikospor is an analogue of foreign production. It is available in the form of a cream, ointment in a set for the treatment of nail lesions, and also as a solution for external use. Manufacturer means: Bayer HealthCare AG (Germany).
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life 2 years. The place of storage should be out of reach of children, to be a dry, sheltered from the world place, the temperature range of which is 15-25 degrees. Application after the expiry date is prohibited.
Price of Bifosin cream
Bifosin cream 1% 30g - from 45 to 70 rubles.