Bifikol instructions for use
Bifikol is a combined preparation from the group of probiotics, which has a pronounced beneficial effect in the restoration of the intestinal microflora in its violation and the development of dysbacteriosis against the background of antimicrobial agents, acute infectious diseases of the intestine, chronic inflammatory diseases of the digestive tract and other body systems. The drug normalizes the processes of digestion and absorption of nutrients, stimulates nonspecific immunity.
Bifikol consists of live bifidobacteria and E. coli strain. They are representatives of the normoflora of the human intestine. Bifidobacteria have the following biological effects:
- Suppress the growth of various types of pathogenic and conditionally pathogenic bacteria, including staphylococci, proteus, enterotoxigenic E. coli, shigella, some yeast-like fungi;
- Equalize the equilibrium state between the intestinal and vaginal microflora;
- Improve digestion and assimilation of food;
- Favorably affect the protective function of the intestines, protecting the body from the penetration of harmful bacteria;
- Increase metabolism and absorption of calcium, iron and vitamin D;
- Increase immunity;
- Stimulate the synthesis of important amino acids, proteins, vitamin K and group B (thiamine, riboflavin, pantothenic, nicotinic and folic acid, pyridoxine).
Intestinal bacillus, being a representative of the normoflora of the intestine, also has a number of useful properties:
- Similar to bifidobacteria, suppresses the growth of pathogenic microflora;
- Participates in the synthesis of all B vitamins and vitamin K, which increase the growth of bifidobacteria;
- Digest lactose;
- Improve the process of digestion of proteins and amino acids;
- Participate in the process of digestion of cholesterol and fatty acids;
- Assimilate oxygen, which adversely affects the growth of lacto- and bifidobacteria.
Form of issue and composition
Bifikol, in its dosage form, is a lyophilizate for the preparation of a suspension intended for oral administration.
It is a mass of living co-grown bifidobacteria and E. coli. One dose of the drug contains at least 5 million live bifidobacteria and at least 5 million E. coli.
Manufacturer of the drug: Biomed. I.I. Mechnikov (Russia).
Indications for use
- Prevention and treatment of dysbacteriosis in the digestive tract of various origin;
- As an auxiliary component in the ulcer of the gastrointestinal tract, inflammation of the pancreas, gall bladder, liver and other diseases of the digestive system;
- Improvement of the intestine with antibiotics, hormonal drugs, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
- Acute infectious intestinal lesions (shigellosis, salmonellosis, inflammation of the intestine against the background of staphylococcus rupture, rotovirus infection, etc.);
- Food poisoning;
- Chronic constipation;
- Diarrhea, developed against the background of antibacterial treatment;
- Prevention of dysbacteriosis in persons receiving chemotherapy.
- Hypersensitivity to the active components of the drug or excipients;
- Concomitant antibiotic therapy can lead not only to a decrease in the probiotic effect, but also to suppress the acquired useful microflora.
- Specific and nonspecific ulcerative colitis.
Mode of application
The drug is taken half an hour before meals 2 times a day.
- Children from 6 months. Up to 1 year - 1 dose;
- From 1 to 3 years - 2-5 doses;
- From 3 years and adults - 3-5 doses.
A course of treatment:
- At treatment of acute forms of a dysbacteriosis of an intestine - not less than 14 days;
- Depending on the indicators of clinical and laboratory research - 21-28 days;
- In the recovery period after severe illnesses - up to 1 month;
- With inflammation of the intestine after a previous dysentery or prolonged intestinal disturbance - at least 4-6 weeks;
- With chronic inflammatory and ulcerative bowel diseases up to 2 months;
According to the indications, it is possible to prescribe repeated courses of application of the drug or the use of maintenance doses for up to 1.5 months.
The administration of the drug is usually not accompanied by any negative effects. In rare cases, there may be dyspepsia of the digestive tract, which does not require discontinuation of treatment or withdrawal of the drug.
If there are more severe side effects, it is recommended to cancel the drug and seek medical advice from a doctor.
Specific guidance and drug interactions
- It is not recommended simultaneous use of oral forms with antimicrobial agents due to the spread of antibacterial effect on beneficial bacteria;
- Do not dissolve the probiotic in hot water, and store it in a dissolved form;
- Probiotic effect is enhanced with simultaneous intake of B vitamins.
Analogues with the same composition are not currently registered. But there are various combined drugs, similar in effect to Bifikol.
Probiotics containing bifidobacteria and Escherichia coli:
- Bifikol belongs to the group of drugs used to normalize the intestinal microflora. It is also available as a lyophilizate for the preparation of a suspension. Manufacturer: Биомед им. I.I. Mechnikov (Russia).
Another group with a similar effect are combined preparations of bifido- and lactobacilli, for example:
- Bifilact-BILS, which, in addition to oral administration, can be used topically. Producer: Microgen NGO FGUP MZ RF (Russia);
- Florin Forte, dosage form: powder for internal use. It is produced domestically by the partner company.
The preparation of bifidobacteria and enterococci:
- Bifiform is a very popular drug in the form of enteric-soluble capsules, as well as chewable tablets and powders intended for children's use. Powder and chewable tablets have a pleasant orange-raspberry flavor. Manufacturer: Ferrosan (Denmark).
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life of the probiotic is 1 year. The storage location should be out of reach of children, the temperature should not exceed 10 degrees. Application after the expiry date is prohibited.
Bifikol dry powder lyophilized 5 doses, 10 pcs. - from 220 to 260 rubles.