Bifiform instructions for use
The drug Bifiform is an immunobiological drug that belongs to the pharmacological group of eubiotics. This preparation contains live lactic acid bacteria of 2 types, due to which it contributes to the normalization of intestinal microflora and its functional activity.
Release form and composition
There are several dosage forms of the drug - tablets, capsules and oily solution for oral administration. One capsule contains in its composition living lactic acid bacteria of 2 types - Bifidobacterium longum (10 7 bacterial cells) and Enterococcus faecium (10 7 bacterial cells). It also includes auxiliary substances, which include:
- Sourdough dry lactic acid.
- Magnesium stearate.
- Anhydrous dextrose.
- Titanium dioxide.
- Polyethylene glycol.
- Yeast extract.
- Carob bean syrup.
Capsules are packaged in an aluminum tube of 20 or 30 pieces. One cardboard pack contains one tube and instructions for use of the drug.
Bifiform capsules belong to the pharmacological group of eubiotic drugs. They contain live lactic acid bacteria of 2 types - Bifidobacterium longum and Enterococcus faecium. They are representatives of the normal intestinal microflora and normally live on its mucous membrane. Lactic acid bacteria are necessary for the normal functioning of the intestine and have a number of biological effects, which include:
- Synthesis of lactose is a disaccharide (milk sugar) which is a regulator of the processes of digestion, with its sufficient amount in the intestine, the processes of decay and fermentation of organic compounds entering the composition of food are suppressed.
- Regulation of acid-base balance in the intestinal lumen.
- Suppression of pathogenic (pathogenic) and conditionally pathogenic microorganisms due to the synthesis of lactic acid.
- Strengthening the activity of redox processes in the intestine.
- Stimulation of the functional activity of the immune system in the intestinal mucosa.
- Improvement of parietal and cavitary digestion - the enzymatic systems of lactic acid bacteria contribute to the digestion of cellulose, which is part of the plant fiber, and carbohydrates, including disaccharides.
- Production of essential amino acids and vitamins (in particular vitamins of group B) necessary for the body.
- Detoxification effect due to the adsorption of exogenous lactic acid bacteria by colonies (coming from the outside) and endogenous (formed in the intestine during digestion) toxins.
After ingestion of the capsule, the bacteria pass through the upper gastrointestinal tract and the stomach, the capsule dissolves in the lumen of the small intestine, allowing the bacteria to exit. In the intestine, lactic acid bacteria begin to multiply and colonize the mucous membrane. At the same time they do not penetrate into the blood. An excessive amount of bacteria is excreted from the intestine with feces.
Indications for use
The preparation Bifiform is primarily indicated for the restoration of normal intestinal microflora, which has been altered due to various pathological processes:
- Dysbacteriosis - a change in the normal microflora with a change in the ratio in favor of opportunistic bacteria. It develops after chronic infections, against the background of hormonal changes, after long-term antibiotic therapy, in which bacteria, representatives of normal microflora, are destroyed along with pathogenic microorganisms.
- Acute intestinal infection or food intoxication caused by Salmonella, Shigella, Staphylococcus aureus, Enterovirus.
- Chronic pathology of the digestive system organs - inflammation of the stomach ( gastritis ), small and large intestines (enterocolitis), peptic ulcer of the stomach or duodenum, pathology of the hepatobiliary system (hepatitis, inflammation of the gall bladder), inflammation of the pancreas ( pancreatitis ).
- Acute, chronic diarrhea or constipation of various origins, including the background of irritable bowel syndrome and prolonged stress.
- Allergy, which is caused by disorders in the digestive process and changes in the intestinal microflora.
- Malabsorption syndrome is an organic pathology with enzymatic deficiency and impaired digestion and absorption of certain carbohydrates.
- In women in the treatment of thrush (candidiasis) and dysbiosis (vaginosis) of the vagina.
- Comprehensive preparation for surgery on various organs, primarily the gastrointestinal tract.
Also Bifiform capsules are used as an immunomodulatory agent in children, which often suffer from acute respiratory viral infections (colds more often 4 times a year). In women, they are used for chronic specific and non-specific bacterial pathology of the reproductive organs.
The absolute contraindication to the use of Bifiform is individual intolerance or hypersensitivity to one of the components of the drug. It is used with caution to persons with lactase deficiency (reduction of the production of the digestive enzyme catalyzing the breakdown of lactose), since one of the auxiliary compounds of the drug is lactose.
Dosing and Administration
Bifiform capsules are ingested, regardless of the pre-meal, washed down with a sufficient amount of liquid. Adults and children over 2 years old average dosage is 1-2 capsules 2 times a day. The maximum daily dose for an adult is 4 capsules per day. The duration of the drug depends on the underlying pathology, with acute intestinal infection, food toxicoinfection, Bifiform capsules are taken for 7-10 days. With various chronic pathology of the organs of the digestive system and dysbacteriosis - 10-20 days. Prophylactic administration is characterized by a decrease in the dose of the drug in half compared with the therapeutic dosage. For children under 2 years of age, a special dosage form, Bifiform, is used in the form of syrup.
The drug is well tolerated. When properly used according to the instructions in the recommended dosages, side effects or adverse reactions were not recorded.
Before using Bifiform capsules, you should read the instructions. It is important to pay attention to such specific instructions regarding the use of the drug:
- In the case of increasing symptoms of the disease, worsening of the general condition, the appearance of blood streaks in the stool within a few days from the start of the drug, you should consult a doctor.
- Antibiotics inhibit the growth and reproduction of lactic acid bacteria, so when they are taken together, the dose of the drug is increased. With other pharmacological groups of drugs, Bifiform capsules do not interact.
- The drug can be used for pregnant women, lactating women and children (in the medicinal form of syrup, Bifiform can be used for children from birth).
- The simultaneous intake of fermented milk products and B vitamins stimulates the growth, reproduction of lactic acid bacteria and the effect of Bifiform capsules in general.
- Reception of capsules Bifiform does not affect the speed of psychomotor reactions and the possibility of concentration.
- After taking the capsule is not advisable to drink hot water, as this can lead to partial death of bacteria.
In the pharmacy network, the drug is available without a prescription. In case of questions or any doubts regarding the administration of Bifiform capsules, it is necessary to consult with a doctor.
The main components of the drug do not have cumulative properties, they do not accumulate in the human body. If you exceed the dose and the number of lactic acid bacteria in the intestine, their excess is excreted from the body, so cases of overdose with Bifiform capsules are unknown.
According to the species characteristics of bacteria included in the preparation, the analogs of the Bifiform preparation are Acilact, Lactobacterin, Linex, Probifor, Bifidumbacterin.
Terms and conditions of storage
The shelf life of the drug from the time of manufacture is 2 years. It should be stored in a dark, dry place inaccessible to children at an air temperature not higher than + 25 ° C.
The average price of Bifiform capsules in pharmacies is 300-360 rubles.