Bifiform instructions for use
Bifiform is an immunobiological drug that belongs to the pharmacological group of eubiotics. This drug contains live lactic acid bacteria of 2 species, due to which it contributes to the normalization of the intestinal microflora and its functional activity.
Form of issue and composition
There are several dosage forms of the drug - tablets, capsules and oily solution for oral administration. One capsule contains in its composition live lactobacilli of 2 species - Bifidobacterium longum (10 7 bacterial cells) and Enterococcus faecium (10 7 bacterial cells). It also includes auxiliary substances, which include:
- The leaven is a dry lactic acid.
- Magnesium stearate.
- Anhydrous dextrose.
- Titanium dioxide.
- Polyethylene glycol.
- Yeast extract.
- Carob bean syrup.
Capsules are packaged in aluminum tubes of 20 or 30 pieces. One cardboard pack contains one tube and instructions for the use of the drug.
Capsules Bifiform belong to the pharmacological group of medicines eubiotics. They contain live lactic acid bacteria of 2 species - Bifidobacterium longum and Enterococcus faecium. They are representatives of normal intestinal microflora and normally live on its mucous membrane. Lactic acid bacteria are necessary for normal functioning of the intestine and have a number of biological effects, which include:
- Synthesis of lactose - disaccharide (milk sugar), which is a regulator of digestion processes, with its sufficient quantity in the intestine, the processes of decay and fermentation of organic compounds entering the food composition are suppressed.
- Regulation of acid-base balance in the lumen of the intestine.
- Suppression of pathogenic (pathogenic) and conditionally pathogenic microorganisms due to the synthesis of lactic acid.
- Increase in the activity of oxidation-reduction processes in the intestine.
- Stimulation of the functional activity of immunity in the intestinal mucosa.
- Improvement of parietal and cavitary digestion - enzymatic systems of lactic acid bacteria promote the digestion of cellulose, which is part of plant fiber, and carbohydrates, including disaccharides.
- The production of essential amino acids and vitamins (in particular, B vitamins) necessary for the body.
- Detoxication effect due to the adsorption of exogenous bacteria from the colonies (come from outside) and endogenous (formed in the intestines during digestion) toxins.
After taking the capsule, the bacteria pass through the upper sections of the gastrointestinal tract and stomach, in the lumen of the small intestine the capsule dissolves, providing the exit of the bacteria. In the intestines, lactic acid bacteria begin to multiply actively and colonize the mucous membrane. They do not penetrate into the bloodstream. Excessive amount of bacteria is excreted from the intestine with feces.
Indications for use
The drug Bifiform is primarily indicated for the restoration of normal intestinal microflora, which has been altered due to various pathological processes:
- Dysbacteriosis - a change in normal microflora with a change in the ratio in favor of opportunistic bacteria. It develops after chronic infections, against the background of changes in the hormonal background, after prolonged antibiotic therapy, in which, together with pathogenic microorganisms, bacteria, representatives of normal microflora, are also destroyed.
- Acute intestinal infection or food intoxication caused by salmonella, shigella, Staphylococcus aureus, enteroviruses.
- Chronic pathology of the digestive system organs - inflammation of the stomach ( gastritis ), small and large intestine (enterocolitis), peptic ulcer of the stomach or duodenum, pathology of the hepatobiliary system (hepatitis, gallbladder inflammation), inflammation of the pancreas ( pancreatitis ).
- Acute, chronic diarrhea or constipation of various origins, including against the background of irritable bowel syndrome and prolonged stress.
- Allergy, which is caused by disturbances in the process of digestion and changes in the intestinal microflora.
- Malabsorption syndrome is an organic pathology with enzymatic deficiency and a violation of digestion and absorption of certain carbohydrates.
- In women in complex therapy of thrush (candidiasis) and dysbiosis (vaginosis) of the vagina.
- Complex preparation for surgical intervention on various organs, primarily the gastrointestinal tract.
Bifiform capsules are also used as an immunomodulating agent in children, who often get acute respiratory viral infections (colds more often 4 times a year). In women, they are used for chronic specific and nonspecific bacterial pathology of the genital system.
Absolute contraindication to the use of Bifiform is an individual intolerance or hypersensitivity to one of the components of the drug. With caution, it is used for individuals with lactase deficiency (a decrease in the production of the digestive enzyme that catalyzes the breakdown of lactose), since lactose is one of the auxiliary compounds of the drug.
Method of application and dosage
Capsules Bifiform taken inside regardless of the preliminary meal, drink a sufficient amount of liquid. Adults and children over 2 years of age, the average dosage is 1-2 capsules 2 times a day. The maximum daily dose for an adult is 4 capsules per day. Duration of the drug depends on the main pathology, with acute intestinal infection, food poisoning, Bifiform capsules are taken for 7-10 days. With different chronic pathology of the digestive system and dysbacteriosis - 10-20 days. Prophylactic reception is characterized by a lower dose of the drug in half compared with the therapeutic dosage. For children under 2 years of age, a special dosage form Bifiform is used in the form of a syrup.
The drug is well tolerated. When properly used according to the instructions in the recommended dosages, no side effects or adverse reactions were recorded.
Before using Bifiform capsules, it is necessary to read the instructions. It is important to pay attention to such specific instructions regarding the use of the drug:
- In case of increasing symptoms of the disease, worsening of the general condition, the appearance of blood veins in the stool for several days from the beginning of the drug, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
- Antibiotics inhibit the growth and reproduction of lactic acid bacteria, so when they are taken together, the dose of the drug is increased. With other pharmacological groups of drugs, Bifiform capsules do not interact.
- The drug can be used for pregnant, lactating women and children (in the form of a syrup, Bifiform can be used for children from birth).
- Simultaneous reception of sour-milk products and B vitamins stimulates growth, reproduction of lactic acid bacteria and the effect of Bifiform capsules as a whole.
- Receiving capsules Bifiform does not affect the speed of psychomotor reactions and the ability to concentrate.
- After taking the capsule, it is not advisable to drink with hot water, as this can lead to partial death of bacteria.
In the pharmacy network, the drug is dispensed without a prescription. If you have any questions or have any doubts about taking Bifiform capsules, you should consult your doctor.
The main components of the drug do not have cumulative properties, they do not accumulate in the human body. If the dose and the amount of lactic acid bacteria in the intestine are exceeded, their excess is excreted from the body, so cases of overdose with Bifiform capsules are unknown.
According to the species characteristic of the bacteria entering the preparation, Bifiform analogues are Acylact, Lactobacterin, Linex, Probiophore, Bifidumbacterin.
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life of the drug from the time of manufacture is 2 years. Keep it in a dark, dry place, inaccessible to children, at an ambient temperature of + 25 ° C.
The average price of Bifiform capsules in pharmacies is 300-360 rubles.