Bifidumbacterin instructions for use
Bifidumbakterin powder is a representative of the pharmacological group of drugs eubiotics. It contains live bacteria (Bifidobacterium bifidum) necessary for the normalization of intestinal microflora. The drug is used in various pathologies of the digestive system, accompanied by the development of intestinal dysbiosis (disruption of the normal microflora).
Release form and composition
Powder for oral administration Bifidumbakterin has a light gray or dark gray color with black particles. One bag of powder contains 50 million COE (colony forming units of bacteria) of Bifidobacterium bifidum bifidobacteria. Also in the powder includes auxiliary substances, which include:
- Activated carbon is a sorbent on which bacteria are adsorbed.
The powder Bifidumbakterin is packaged in packages from multilayered metalpolymeric material. In one cardboard pack contains 10 or 30 bags.
Bifidumbakterin powder is an immunobiological preparation of the pharmacological group of eubiotics. It consists of live bacteria Bifidobacterium bifidum, which are representatives of the normal intestinal microflora. They produce lactic acid, which inhibits the growth and reproduction of pathogenic (Shigella spp., Salmonella spp., Staphylococcus aureus) and conditionally pathogenic (including Proteus spp., Klebsiella spp., Candida fungi) of microorganisms. Also, these bacteria perform a number of necessary functions in the intestinal lumen and its mucous membranes, which include:
- They bind and neutralize various toxins that enter the intestine from the environment or are formed during food digestion.
- Regulate the acid-base state of the intestinal mucosa - lactic acid, which is produced by the bacteria Bifidobacterium bifidum, forms a weakly acidic environment, which is necessary for the normal functioning of the intestine. Also in such an environment, most pathogenic (pathogenic) and conditionally pathogenic microorganisms die or are oppressed.
- Strengthen the activity of redox processes in the intestinal lumen and on its mucous membrane.
- Contribute to the normal course of the digestive process - the enzymatic systems of bifidobacteria break down cellulose, which is part of the plant fiber, due to this the intensity of putrefactive processes and fermentation decreases in the intestine.
- In the process of vital activity in the intestine, bifidobacteria synthesize essential amino acids and vitamins (primarily vitamins of group B) necessary for the normal functional activity of the human body.
- Activate local immunity in the intestinal mucosa.
After ingestion, the bacteria pass through the stomach (some of them may die at the same time), enter the small intestine and colonize its mucosa, forming bacterial colonies. Bifidobacteria are not absorbed into the blood. Perhaps partial removal of bacterial cells from the intestine during severe diarrhea and accelerated passage (movement) of food masses through the intestines.
Indications for use
The main indication for the use of Bifidumbacterin powder is the restoration of normal intestinal microflora, which was disrupted due to various pathological conditions, which include:
- Intestinal dysbacteriosis is a violation of the normal intestinal microflora with the prevalence of opportunistic bacteria or fungi.
- Acute intestinal infections caused by various pathogens (Escherichia coli, Salmonella, Shigella, Staphylococcus aureus , Enterovirus).
- Chronic constipation or unstable stool caused by various provoking factors, including nervous stress.
- Allergic diseases accompanied by a reaction from the digestive system, including dysbiosis.
- Inflammatory pathology of other organs of the digestive system - inflammation of the stomach ( gastritis ), pancreas ( pancreatitis ), organs of the hepatobiliary system ( cholecystitis , cholangitis, hepatitis), peptic ulcer or duodenal ulcer.
- Malabsorption syndrome - a violation of the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates in the intestine.
- Vaginal dysbiosis (vaginosis) or its inflammation ( colpitis ) in women - Bifidumbacterin powder is used as part of complex therapy.
- Inflammatory infectious diseases of other organs and systems, especially if they are accompanied by prolonged antibiotic therapy and there is a risk of developing intestinal dysbiosis.
- Comprehensive preparation for surgery.
Bifidumbacterin powder is also used to prevent dysbacteriosis and improve the functional state of the immune system in various chronic infectious diseases of the respiratory system, to prevent mastitis (inflammation of the mammary gland) in women and in frequently ill children (acute respiratory viral infections more often 4 times a year) .
The only absolute contraindication to the use of Bifidumbacterin powder is individual intolerance or hypersensitivity to one of the components of the drug. Also, the drug is used with caution in children with enzyme lactase deficiency (insufficient production of the intestinal mucosa of the digestive enzyme catalyzing the breakdown of lactose), since one of the excipients of the powder is lactose.
Dosage and administration
Bifidumbakterin powder is taken orally. Before use, the powder is mixed with a small amount of liquid food (preferably in dairy products) or dissolved in 30-50 ml of boiled water at room temperature. In the case of use for infants, the powder is dissolved in breast milk. When mixing or dissolving, it is necessary to try so that the components do not completely dissolve, and a mixture of suspended particles is obtained. Dosing of the drug depends on age:
- Children under the age of 1 year (newborns) - 1 sachet 2-3 times a day.
- Children from 1 year to 3 years old - 1 sachet 3-4 times a day.
- Children aged 3 to 12 years - 2 sachets 2-3 times a day.
- Children over 12 years old and adults - 2 sachets 3-4 times a day.
The duration of the course of taking Bifidumbacterin powder is determined by the underlying pathology and is determined individually by the doctor. The recommended duration of treatment for acute intestinal infection or foodborne illness is 5-7 days. For the treatment of dysbiosis, chronic pathology of the organs of the digestive system, vaginosis or thrush in women, the duration of the drug is 10-20 days. During the prophylactic administration of Bifidumbacterin powder, its dosage is halved.
During the use of the drug according to the instructions, taking into account the age of therapeutic dosages, side effects or adverse reactions were not registered.
Before using Bifidumbacterin powder, you should carefully read the instructions. There are several special instructions that you need to pay attention to, these include:
- The drug does not interact with other drugs. With simultaneous use with antibiotics, slight suppression of the growth of bifidobacteria is possible and their partial death, therefore, the dosage and duration of administration of Bifidumbacterin powder is increased.
- The powder should not be dissolved in a hot liquid, as this can cause the death of bifidobacteria.
- Bifidumbakterin powder can be used for children from birth, pregnant and lactating women.
- B vitamins and dairy products improve the colonization of bifidobacteria in the intestinal mucosa and enhance the effectiveness of the drug.
- Bifidumbakterin powder does not affect the concentration of attention and the speed of psychomotor reactions.
In the pharmacy network, the drug is dispensed without a doctor's prescription. In case of questions or doubts regarding his admission, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
Bifidumbakterin powder does not have cumulative properties and does not accumulate in the body, so overdose with this drug is impossible. In the case of a single intake of a large amount of powder, the excess bifidobacteria is excreted from the body with feces.
Analogs of Bifidumbacterin
Analogues of powder Bifidumbakterin for pharmacological, therapeutic effect and active ingredient are Probifor, Acilact.
Terms and conditions of storage
The shelf life of the drug from the time of manufacture is 1 year. It is necessary to store in a dark dry place with air temperature no higher than + 10 ° C. During transportation, temperature conditions up to + 20 ° С are allowed; the duration of transportation should not exceed 10 days. The drug must be kept out of the reach of children.
Bifidumbacterin powder 5 doses of 0.85g, 10 pcs. - 85-105 rub.