Bifidumbacterin instructions for use
Powder Bifidumbacterin is a representative of the pharmacological group of medicines eubiotics. It contains in its composition live bacteria (Bifidobacterium bifidum), necessary for normalization of intestinal microflora. The drug is used for various pathologies of the digestive system, accompanied by the development of intestinal dysbacteriosis (violation of normal microflora).
Form of issue and composition
Powder for oral administration Bifidumbacterin has a light gray or dark gray color with black particles. In one bag of powder contains 50 million KOE (colony-forming units of bacteria) bifidobacterium Bifidobacterium bifidum. Also in the powder are auxiliary substances, which include:
- Activated carbon is a sorbent, on which bacteria are adsorbed.
Powder Bifidumbacterin is packaged in bags of multilayer metal-polymer material. In one cardboard pack contains 10 or 30 bags.
Powder Bifidumbacterin is an immunobiological preparation of the pharmacological group of eubiotics. It consists of living bacteria Bifidobacterium bifidum, which are representatives of normal intestinal microflora. They produce lactic acid, which inhibits the growth and reproduction of pathogenic (Shigella spp., Salmonella spp., Staphylococcus aureus) and opportunistic (including Proteus spp., Klebsiella spp., Fungi of the genus Candida) of microorganisms. Also, these bacteria perform a number of necessary functions in the lumen of the intestine and its mucous membranes, which include:
- Bind and neutralize various toxins that enter the intestine from the environment or are formed during digestion of food.
- Regulate the acid-base state of the intestinal mucosa - lactic acid, which produces bacteria Bifidobacterium bifidum, forms a weakly acid medium, which is necessary for the normal functioning of the intestine. Also, in such an environment, most pathogenic (pathogenic) and conditionally pathogenic microorganisms are killed or oppressed.
- Increase the activity of oxidation-reduction processes in the lumen of the intestine and on its mucous membrane.
- Promote the normal course of the digestive process - the enzymatic systems of bifidobacteria break down cellulose, which is part of plant fiber, thereby reducing the intensity of putrefactive processes and fermentation in the intestine.
- In the process of vital activity in the intestine, bifidobacteria synthesize essential amino acids and vitamins (primarily vitamins of group B), necessary for normal functional activity of the human body.
- Activate local immunity in the intestinal mucosa.
After ingestion, bacteria pass through the stomach (some of them may die), enter the small intestine and colonize its mucosa, forming bacterial colonies. Bifidobacteria are not absorbed into the blood. Perhaps the partial removal of bacterial cells from the intestine during severe diarrhea and accelerated passage (movement) of food masses through the intestine.
Indications for use
The main indication for the use of Bifidumbacterin powder is the restoration of normal intestinal microflora, which was disrupted due to various pathological conditions, which include:
- Dysbacteriosis of the intestine - a violation of normal intestinal microflora with a predominance of opportunistic bacteria or fungi.
- Acute intestinal infections that are caused by various pathogens (Escherichia coli, Salmonella, Shigella, Staphylococcus aureus , enteroviruses).
- Chronic constipation or unstable stool, caused by various provoking factors, including nervous stress.
- Allergic diseases, accompanied by a reaction from the digestive system, including dysbiosis.
- Inflammatory pathology of other organs of the digestive system - inflammation of the stomach ( gastritis ), pancreas ( pancreatitis ), organs of the hepatobiliary system ( cholecystitis , cholangitis, hepatitis), peptic ulcer of the stomach or duodenum.
- Malabsorption syndrome - a violation of digestion and absorption of carbohydrates in the intestine.
- Vaginal dysbiosis (vaginosis) or its inflammation ( colpitis ) in women - Bifidumbacterin powder is used as part of complex therapy.
- Inflammatory infectious diseases of other organs and systems, especially if they are accompanied by prolonged antibiotic therapy and there is a risk of developing intestinal dysbiosis.
- Complex preparation for surgical intervention.
Bifidumbacterin powder is also used to prevent dysbacteriosis and improve the functional state of the immune system in various chronic infectious diseases of the respiratory system, for the prevention of mastitis (inflammation of the breast) in women and often ill children (acute respiratory viral infections more often 4 times a year) .
Contraindications for use
The only absolute contraindication to the use of Bifidumbacterin powder is individual intolerance or hypersensitivity to one of the components of the drug. Also with caution, the drug is used in children with enzymatic lactase deficiency (insufficient production of the intestinal mucosa of the digestive enzyme, catalyzing the breakdown of lactose), since one of the auxiliary substances of the powder is lactose.
Dosing and Administration
Powder Bifidumbacterin is taken internally. Before use, the powder is mixed with a small amount of liquid food (preferably in fermented milk products) or dissolved in 30-50 ml of boiled water at room temperature. In case of application for infants, the powder is dissolved in breast milk. When mixing or dissolving, it is necessary to try to ensure that the components do not dissolve completely, and a mixture of suspended particles is obtained. Dosage of the drug depends on age:
- Children under the age of 1 year (newborns) - 1 packet 2-3 times a day.
- Children from 1 year to 3 years - 1 packet 3-4 times a day.
- Children aged 3 to 12 years - 2 bags 2-3 times a day.
- Children over 12 years and adults - 2 sachets 3-4 times a day.
The duration of the course of taking Bifidumbacterin powder is determined by the main pathology and is established by the doctor individually. The recommended duration of treatment for acute intestinal infection or food poisoning is 5-7 days. For treatment of dysbacteriosis, chronic pathology of the digestive system, vaginosis or thrush in women, the duration of taking the drug is 10-20 days. During the preventive reception of Bifidumbacterin powder, its dosage is halved.
During the use of the drug according to the instructions, taking into account age-related therapeutic dosages, side effects or negative reactions were not recorded.
Before using Bifidumbacterin powder, you should carefully read the instructions. There are some special instructions that need to be paid attention to, they include:
- The drug does not interact with other drugs. With simultaneous use with antibiotics, there may be a slight suppression of the growth of bifidobacteria and their partial death, so the dosage and duration of the Bifidumbacterin powder intake are increased.
- The powder can not be dissolved in a hot liquid, as this can cause the death of bifidobacteria.
- Powder Bifidumbacterin can be used for children from birth, pregnant and lactating women.
- B group vitamins and dairy products improve the colonization of bifidobacteria on the intestinal mucosa and enhance the effectiveness of the drug.
- Powder Bifidumbacterin does not affect the concentration of attention and the speed of psychomotor reactions.
In the pharmacy network, the drug is dispensed without a doctor's prescription. In case of questions or doubts about his admission, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
Powder Bifidumbacterin does not possess cumulative properties and does not accumulate in the body, so an overdose with this drug is impossible. In the case of a single intake of a large amount of powder, the excess of bifidobacteria is excreted from the body with feces.
Analogues of Bifidumbacterin powder for pharmacological, therapeutic effect and active substance are Probifor, Atzilact.
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life of the drug from the date of manufacture is 1 year. Store in a dark, dry place with an air temperature of not more than + 10 ° C. During transportation, the temperature regime is allowed up to + 20 ° C, the transportation time should not exceed 10 days. The drug should be stored out of the reach of children.
Bifidumbacterin powder 5 doses of 0.85 g, 10 pcs. - 85-105 rubles.