Bifidumbacterin Candles instructions for use
Candles Bifidumbakterin belong to the pharmacological group of drugs eubiotics. They contain live bifidobacteria and are used to normalize the microflora of mucous membranes.
Release form and composition
Candles (suppositories) Bifidumbakterin have a cylindrical shape and white color. The main active component of the drug are live bifidobacteria (Bifidobacterium bifidum), their content in one candle is 10 million CFU (colony forming units). Auxiliary substances are:
- Confectionary solid fat on the basis of plasticized plastic fat - 75-80%.
- Oil wax is hard - 5-10%.
- Emulsifier T-2 5-10%.
Candles Bifidumbakterin packaged in blisters in an amount of 10 pieces. One carton pack contains one blister pack and instructions for the use of the drug.
Candles Bifidumbakterin are a drug that normalizes the microflora of the intestinal mucosa and vagina with immunomodulating properties. Bacteria that are part of the drug (Bifidobacterium bifidum) are representatives of the normal microflora of the intestinal mucosa and the vagina. Their main feature is the synthesis of lactic acid, which inhibits other microorganisms. When applied, these bacteria colonize the mucosal surface and have a suppressive effect on a number of pathogenic (pathogens, including Shigella spp., Salmonella spp., Staphylococcus aureus) and conditionally pathogenic microorganisms (including Proteus spp., Klebsiella spp.). Also, bifidobacteria, being representatives of the normal intestinal microflora and vagina, have a number of other positive effects:
- Colonies of bacteria sorb (bind) toxins from the environment and formed on the mucous membrane.
- Strengthen the intensity of metabolic and redox processes.
- They regulate the acid-base state of the environment of the mucous membrane due to the synthesis of lactic acid (normally the mucous membrane should be slightly acidic).
- Activate local immunity on mucous membranes.
- In the intestines take part in the processes of parietal digestion, promote digestion of plant fiber.
- In the course of life, they synthesize essential amino acids, vitamins (in a larger amount, B vitamins), which are necessary for the human body.
The main active ingredient of the drug, with the introduction of candles in the rectum or vagina, is not absorbed into the blood. Also, its removal from the body does not occur; under normal conditions, colonies of bifidobacteria form on the walls of the mucous membrane.
Indications for use
Candles Bifidumbakterin used to restore the normal microflora of the intestinal mucosa or vagina in women with such pathological conditions:
- Intestinal dysbacteriosis is a disorder of the normal microflora with the prevalence of opportunistic bacteria, this condition develops for various reasons (long-term antibiotic therapy, previous intestinal infection, poor diet, stress, immunodeficiency).
- Chronic colitis is an inflammatory process in the mucous membrane of the large intestine.
- Dysbiosis (vaginosis) of the vagina in women is a violation of the normal microflora of the mucous membrane.
- Nonspecific colpitis is an inflammatory pathology of the vaginal mucosa, most often caused by bacteria that are representatives of a nonspecific infection (staphylococcus, proteus, Escherichia coli).
- Hormonal colpitis is an inflammation of the mucous membrane of the vagina in women against the background of a violation of the level of sex hormones in the body, often accompanied by dysbiosis.
- Thrush (candidiasis) is a fungal infection of the intestinal or vaginal mucosa caused by opportunistic fungi of the genus Candida.
- In the complex therapy of urogenital herpes, chlamydia and gonorrhea.
- Preparing for a planned gynecological surgery or childbirth in women.
Sometimes this drug is used to prevent dysbacteriosis, especially if there is an impact on the body of various etiological causal factors of its development.
Candles Bifidumbakterin well tolerated, the only contraindication to their use is individual intolerance or hypersensitivity to one of the components of the drug.
Dosage and administration
Suppositories Bifidumbakterin are introduced into the cavity of the rectum (rectal administration) or into the vagina (intravaginal administration) 1 candle 2-3 times a day. The duration of the course of therapy depends on the severity of changes in the microflora and averages 7-10 days. The introduction of the candle is preferably carried out at regular intervals. The effectiveness of restoring the normal microflora of the intestine or vagina is monitored for clinical improvement and using laboratory bacteriological examination.
The introduction of Bifidumbacterin suppositories into the rectal cavity or the vagina may develop an allergic reaction, which is manifested by a rash on the skin, its itching, the development of urticaria (a characteristic rash and swelling, in appearance it resembles a nettle burn). Cases of severe allergic reactions in the form of angioedema angioedema (pronounced swelling of the skin and subcutaneous tissue with predominant localization in the region of the face and external genital organs) and anaphylactic shock (progressive reduction in blood pressure and multiple organ failure) were not registered.
Before starting to use candles Bifidumbakterin, you must carefully read the instructions, you should pay attention to a few special instructions, which include:
- The drug can be used in combination with other drugs, as it does not interact with them.
- Joint antibiotics can inhibit the growth and colonization of bifidobacteria in the mucosa.
- Vitamins of group B stimulate the growth and reproduction of bifidobacteria, therefore they increase the therapeutic effect of the use of suppositories Bifidumbacterin.
- The drug can be used for pregnant women, nursing women and children.
- Candles Bifidumbakterin not affect the concentration of attention and the speed of psychomotor reactions.
In pharmacies, the drug is dispensed without a doctor's prescription. In case of any questions or doubts regarding its use, you should consult with your doctor.
Candles Bifidumbakterin do not have cumulative properties and do not accumulate in the body, therefore, cases of overdose with the drug are not described.
Analogs candles Bifidumbakterin
Analogues of the drug on the main components and therapeutic effect are Acilact, Probifor.
Terms and conditions of storage
The shelf life of candles Bifidumbakterin since their manufacture is 1 year. The drug must be stored in a dry place inaccessible to children with temperature from + 2 ° to + 10 ° C.
Candles Bifidumbakterin price
Bifidumbacterin candles 10 pcs. - 75-90 rubles.