Candles Bifidumbacterin belong to the pharmacological group of preparations of eubiotics. They contain live bifidobacteria and are used to normalize the microflora of the mucous membranes.
Form of issue and composition
Candles (suppositories) Bifidumbacterin have a cylindrical shape and white color. The main active component of the preparation is living bifidobacteria (Bifidobacterium bifidum), their content in one candle is 10 million CFU (colony forming units). Excipients are:
- Confectionery solid fat based on plasticized plastic - 75-80%.
- Oil paraffin is solid - 5-10%.
- Emulsifier T-2 5-10%.
Candles Bifidumbacterin are packaged in contour acheikova packing in an amount of 10 pieces. One cardboard bundle contains one contour mesh package and instruction for the use of the preparation.
Candles Bifidumbacterin are a medicine that normalizes the microflora of the intestinal mucosa and vagina with immunomodulating properties. Bacteria that are part of the drug (Bifidobacterium bifidum) are representatives of the normal microflora of the intestinal mucosa and vagina. Their main feature is the synthesis of lactic acid, which suppresses other microorganisms. In use, these bacteria colonize the surface of the mucosa and exert a suppressive effect on a number of pathogenic (pathogenic, including Shigella spp., Salmonella spp., Staphylococcus aureus) and opportunistic microorganisms (including Proteus spp., Klebsiella spp.). Also bifidobacteria, being representatives of the normal microflora of the intestine and vagina, have a number of other positive effects:
- Colonies of bacteria sorb (bind) toxins coming from the environment and forming on the mucosa.
- Intensify the intensity of metabolic and oxidation-reduction processes.
- Regulate the acid-base state of the mucosal environment due to the synthesis of lactic acid (normally the mucosa medium should be slightly acidic).
- Local immunity is activated on the mucous membranes.
- In the intestine take part in the processes of parietal digestion, promote the digestion of plant fiber.
- In the course of vital activity, they synthesize essential amino acids, vitamins (more B vitamins), which are necessary for the human body.
The main active ingredient of the drug, when you insert a candle into the rectum or vagina, is not absorbed into the blood. Also, its elimination from the body does not take place, under normal conditions, colonies of bifidobacteria form on the walls of the mucous membrane.
Indications for use
Candles Bifidumbacterin are used to restore the normal microflora of the intestinal mucosa or vagina in women with such pathological conditions:
- Dysbacteriosis of the intestine - a violation of normal microflora with the predominance of opportunistic bacteria, this condition develops for various reasons (prolonged antibiotic therapy, intestinal infection, malnutrition, stress, immunodeficiency).
- Chronic colitis is an inflammatory process in the mucosa of the large intestine.
- Dysbiosis (vaginosis) of the vagina in women is a violation of the normal microflora of the mucosa.
- Nonspecific colpitis - inflammatory pathology of the vaginal mucosa, most often caused by bacteria, representatives of nonspecific infection (staphylococcus, proteus, E. coli).
- Hormonal colpitis - inflammation of the vaginal mucosa in women against the background of a violation of the level of sex hormones in the body, often accompanied by dysbiosis.
- Thrush (candidiasis) - a fungal infection on the mucosa of the intestine or vagina, caused by opportunistic fungi of the genus Candida.
- In the complex therapy of urogenital herpes, chlamydia and gonorrhea.
- Preparation for routine gynecological surgery or labor in women.
Sometimes this drug is used to prevent dysbacteriosis, especially if there are effects on the body of various causative factors of its development.
Contraindications for use
Candles Bifidumbacterin are well tolerated, the only contraindication to their use is individual intolerance or hypersensitivity to one of the components of the drug.
Dosing and Administration
Suppositories Bifidumbacterin are introduced into the rectal cavity (rectal administration) or into the vagina (intravaginal administration) 1 candle 2-3 times a day. The duration of the course of therapy depends on the severity of changes in the microflora and on average is 7-10 days. The introduction of a candle is desirable to be carried out at regular intervals. The efficacy of restoring normal intestinal microflora or vaginal flora is monitored by clinical improvement and by laboratory bacteriological testing.
On the administration of suppositories Bifidumbacterin in the rectum or vagina, it is possible to develop an allergic reaction, which is manifested by a rash on the skin, its itching, the development of urticaria (a characteristic rash and puffiness, similar in appearance to a nettle burn). Cases of severe allergic reactions in the form of angioedema Quincke (pronounced edema of the skin and subcutaneous tissue with predominant localization in the face and external genital organs) and anaphylactic shock (progressive decrease in blood pressure and multiple organ failure) have not been reported.
Before starting the use of Bifidumbacterin suppositories, it is necessary to carefully read the instructions, it is worth paying attention to a few special instructions, which include:
- The drug can be used in combination with other medicines, since it does not interact with them.
- Joint reception of antibiotics can inhibit growth and colonization of bifidobacteria in the mucosa.
- Vitamins of group B stimulate growth and reproduction of bifidobacteria, therefore they strengthen the therapeutic effect of using Bifidumbacterin supplements.
- The drug can be used for pregnant, lactating women and children.
- Candles Bifidumbacterin do not affect the concentration of attention and the speed of psychomotor reactions.
In pharmacies, the drug is dispensed without a doctor's prescription. In case of any questions or doubts about its use, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
Candles Bifidumbacterin do not have cumulative properties and do not accumulate in the body, therefore cases of drug overdose are not described.
Analogues of suppositories Bifidumbacterin
The analogues of the drug for the main components and the therapeutic effect are Acilact, Probiophore.
Terms and conditions of storage
The shelf life of the candles Bifidumbacterin from the moment of their manufacture is 1 year. The drug should be stored in a dry place inaccessible to children with a temperature regime of + 2 ° to + 10 ° C.
Candles Bifidumbacterin price
Bifidumbacterin candles 10 pcs. - 75-90 rubles.