Betiol candles user manual
Betiol suppository is a combined drug, the dosage form of which is represented by suppositories for local treatment of hemorrhoids, anal fissures and other inflammatory processes of the anal and perianal region.
Betiola consists of two components:
- Extract krasavki obtained from the leaves of the same plant, or belladonna. The active substance of the extract is a mixture of atropine alkaloids. Hyoscyamine, scopolamine, apatropin and other alkaloids have a pronounced antispasmodic effect and have m-holil blocking effect: they reduce the production of saliva, gastric juice, bronchial secretion, tear fluid and sweat. By removing the spasm, the belladonna extract lowers the tone of the digestive tract and the bile duct system. Increases the tone of sphincters, improves atrioventricular conduction and can cause heart palpitations. Used in ophthalmology in the diagnosis of eye diseases, causing paralysis of accommodation;
- Ihtamol is an antiseptic and disinfectant. When exposed to a microbial cell, it causes denaturation of its proteins and death of the microorganism. In addition, it has a local anesthetic and anti-inflammatory effect, improves trophism and increases vascular tone as a result of local irritant effect and increased regional blood flow. In the form of a mono drug used for burns, erysipelas, dermatitis, eczema, inflammatory diseases of nerves, joints, pelvic organs in men and women.
Betiol has an antispasmodic effect on the musculature of the intestine, relieves its inflammation and reduces the intensity of pain, develops a bactericidal effect and improves regeneration by increasing blood flow.
Form of issue and composition
Betiol is available in the form of suppositories (suppositories) for topical application. As a basis for the formation of a dosage form, it is used vitessol. Candle color - dark brown, shape
- Extract of belladonna - 0,015 g;
- Ichthyol - 0.2 g.
The package contains 10 pieces. The manufacturer of the medicinal product: NIZHFARM, Russia.
Betiol suppositories are subject to over-the-counter release.
Indications for use
The main indication for the use of Betiola is the treatment of various types of hemorrhoids in the form of monopreparation or as part of complex therapy. Candles are used to treat cracks in the anus, relieve inflammation in the lower parts of the intestine.
The drug can be used in nephrological practice with pyelonephritis, as well as for gynecological purposes in the treatment of endometriosis, which is not indicated in the instructions to the drug.
- Hypersensitivity to belladonna or ichthyol;
- Propensity to diseases of the cardiovascular system: arrhythmia, tachycardia, heart failure;
- Chronic high blood pressure, coronary heart disease;
- Dysuria, prostatic hyperplasia;
- Diseases of the digestive tract, accompanied by intestinal atony and the development of intestinal obstruction;
- Thyroid gland diseases;
- Increase in body temperature up to 40 degrees;
- Extensive bleeding;
- Children under 14 years.
Mode of application
Candles are for use by insertion into the rectum. The introduction is recommended after carrying out cleaning procedures of the intestine or after physiological emptying.
Before the introduction of the suppository, you must thoroughly wash your hands and perianal area. It is better to introduce a candle lying on its side, bend one leg in the knee. To prevent the candle from melting in your hands, you need to enter immediately after opening the shell. After the procedure, it is recommended to lie down for a while.
Depending on the intensity of the symptoms, you can apply the drug 1-3 times during the day. The maximum allowed daily amount is 10 pieces. The duration of therapy is determined by the symptoms of the disease and the effectiveness of treatment.
The drug is usually well tolerated. In rare cases, the following side effects are possible:
- From the digestive tract: dry mouth, thirst, appetite disorders, decreased intestinal motility and bile ducts.
- From the urinary system: violation of urination;
- From the heart: arrhythmia, tachycardia ;
- From the vascular system: tides, especially in the face;
- Nervous system: headache, dizziness;
- Sensory organs: increased intraocular pressure, paralysis of accommodation;
- On the part of the respiratory system: increased viscosity of phlegm, hindering cough;
- Allergic and immune reactions: rashes, dermatitis, redness of the skin, anaphylaxis.
If any of these effects occur, you should consult your doctor for advice.
Specific guidance and drug interaction
It is recommended to take with caution the drug with pathologies from the side:
- Prostate gland: with prostatitis and adenoma;
- Nervous system: with Down's disease, cerebral palsy, neuropathies, brain damage;
- Liver: with severe insufficiency;
- Kidney: with severe insufficiency;
- Gastrointestinal tract: with reflux esophagitis; Hernia of the esophagus, inflammatory bowel diseases;
- Salivation: with xerostomia;
- Respiratory system: in chronic diseases, accompanied by the absence of reversible obstruction, reduced production of viscous sputum.
Special instructions for the treatment of certain categories:
- Caution should be exercised when using the drug in elderly people and weakened patients;
- Women during pregnancy drug is prescribed only according to indications, if for the mother the benefit is higher than the risk of developing negative effects in the fetus;
- In the period of breastfeeding with the appointment of the drug, it is necessary to discuss with the attending physician the suspension of feeding;
- The drug can affect the reaction rate when driving a car or doing work that requires an increased concentration, so when using Betiola, you should refrain from these actions;
- This drug is not suitable for the treatment of children.
Drug interactions of the drug:
- When used with certain antidepressants, arrhythmias are possible;
- With narcotic drugs, spironolactone, minoxidil, the duration of the effect or the severity of the effect may be reduced;
- Intensification of effects occurs with simultaneous use with dimedrol, diprazine, antiarrhythmics (quinidine, novocainamide), penicillins;
- With nitrates, haloperidol, systemic corticosteroids, the risk of increasing intraocular pressure increases;
- With ketoconazole, its absorption decreases,
- Vitamin C reduces the severity of atropine,
- With the therapy of glaucoma pilocarpine and the simultaneous use of suppositories the effect of pilocarpine decreases;
- Sulfonamides increase the risk of kidney damage;
- With potassium-containing and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents increases the risk of ulcerative disease of the digestive tract;
- Reduction of peristalsis of the digestive tract under the influence of Betiola can alter the absorption of other medicines.
Bethel analogues analogues
There are no drugs with the same composition. Similar in action are any representatives of a group of means for treating hemorrhoids in candles. The most popular of them are:
- Relief, Relief Advance (with the addition of anesthetic), Relief Ultra (with anti-inflammatory components) are candles used to treat hemorrhoids, based on shark liver oil. Depending on the severity of this or that disturbing symptom have a different composition. Advance is used in severe pain syndrome, Ultra - with severe inflammation and itching of the anal and perianal region. Manufacturer: Sagmel, Inc. (USA);
- Proctosan is a combined remedy for hemorrhoids. The composition includes components that provide a powerful astringent, healing, anesthetic, anti-inflammatory effect. Manufacturer: Amcapharm Pharmaceutical (Germany);
- Hepatrombin contains heparin, prednisolone, macrogol, which provides a complex action and a good effect in acute inflammation of the anus. Manufacturer means: Hemofarm (Serbia).
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life Betiola is 2 years. After the expiry of this period, the use of the medicinal product is prohibited. Keep the drug in a cool place, protected from light and moisture, and inaccessible to children, at a temperature not exceeding 20 degrees.
Betiol candles price
Betiol candles, 10 pcs. - from 60 to 85 rubles.