Betiol candles instructions for use
Candle Betiol is a combination drug, the dosage form of which is represented by suppositories for the local treatment of hemorrhoids, anal fissures and other inflammatory processes of the anal and perianal area.
The composition Betiola includes two components:
- belladonna extract is obtained from the leaves of the plant of the same name, or belladonna. The active ingredient of the extract is a mixture of atropine alkaloids. Hyoscyamine, scopolamine, apoatropin and other alkaloids have a pronounced antispasmodic effect and have m-holiblokiruyuschim action: reduce the production of saliva, gastric juice, bronchial secretions, tears and sweat. Thanks to the removal of spasm, belladonna extract reduces the tone of the digestive tract and biliary system. It increases sphincter tone, improves atrioventricular conduction and can cause rapid heartbeat. Used in ophthalmology in the diagnosis of eye diseases, causing accommodation paralysis;
- Ichthammol is an antiseptic and disinfectant constituent. When exposed to a microbial cell, it causes the denaturation of its proteins and the death of the microorganism. In addition, it has a local anesthetic and anti-inflammatory effect, improves trophism and increases vascular tone as a result of a local irritant effect and increased regional blood flow. In the form of monopreparation used for burns, erysipelas of the skin, dermatitis, eczema, inflammatory diseases of the nerves, joints, pelvic organs in men and women.
Betiol has an antispasmodic effect on the intestinal musculature, relieves its inflammation and reduces the intensity of pain, develops a bactericidal effect and improves regeneration by increasing blood flow.
Release form and composition
Betiol comes in the form of suppositories (candles) for local use. Witepsol is used as the basis for the formation of the dosage form. Candle color - dark brown, shape
- belladonna extract - 0.015 g;
- Ichthyol - 0.2 g
In the package of 10 pieces. Manufacturer of the medicinal product: NIZHPHARM, Russia.
Betiol candles are subject to OTC release.
Indications for use
The main indication for the use of Betiola is the treatment of various types of hemorrhoids in the form of a single agent or as part of complex therapy. Candles are used in the treatment of anal fissures, removing inflammation in the lower intestines.
The drug can be used in nephrology practice for pyelonephritis, as well as for gynecological purposes in the treatment of endometriosis, which is not indicated in the instructions for the preparation.
- hypersensitivity to belladonna or ichthyol;
- susceptibility to diseases of the cardiovascular system: arrhythmias, tachycardias, heart failure;
- chronic high blood pressure, coronary heart disease;
- dysuria, prostatic hyperplasia;
- diseases of the digestive tract, accompanied by intestinal atony and intestinal obstruction development;
- thyroid disease;
- increase in body temperature up to 40 degrees;
- extensive bleeding;
- children under 14 years old.
Mode of application
Candles are intended to be used by administration to the rectum. The introduction is recommended after the bowel cleansing procedures or after physiological emptying.
Before administering the suppository, hands and perianal area should be thoroughly washed. It is better to introduce a candle lying on its side, one leg bent at the knee. To the candle did not start to melt in the hands, you need to enter immediately after opening the shell. After the procedure, it is recommended to lie down a bit.
Depending on the intensity of the symptoms, the drug can be used 1-3 times a day. The maximum allowed daily amount is 10 pieces. The duration of therapy is determined by the symptoms of the disease and the effectiveness of treatment.
The drug is usually well tolerated. In rare cases, the following side effects are possible:
- on the part of the digestive tract: dry mouth, thirst, appetite disturbances, decreased intestinal motility and biliary tract.
- on the part of the urinary system: urination disorders;
- from the side of the heart: arrhythmia, tachycardia ;
- on the part of the vascular system: hot flashes, especially in the face;
- nervous system: headache, dizziness;
- sensory organs: increased intraocular pressure, accommodation paralysis;
- on the part of the respiratory system: an increase in viscosity of sputum, making coughing difficult;
- allergic and immune reactions: rash, dermatitis, skin redness, anaphylaxis.
If any of these effects occur, you should consult a doctor for advice.
Special instructions and drug interactions
It is recommended to take the drug with caution in case of pathologies from:
- prostate gland: with prostatitis and adenoma;
- nervous system: with Down's disease, cerebral palsy, neuropathy, brain damage;
- liver: severe failure;
- kidney: in severe failure;
- Gastrointestinal tract: with reflux esophagitis; hernia of the esophagus, inflammatory bowel disease;
- salivation: with xerostomia;
- respiratory system: in chronic diseases, accompanied by the absence of reversible obstruction, reduced production of viscous sputum.
Special instructions for the treatment of certain categories:
- care must be taken when using the drug in the elderly and debilitated patients;
- for women during pregnancy, the drug is prescribed only according to indications, if the mother benefits are higher than the risk of developing negative effects on the fetus;
- during the period of breastfeeding in the appointment of the drug should be discussed with your doctor the suspension of feeding;
- the drug can affect the reaction rate when driving a car or performing work that requires increased concentration, so when using Betiol, you should refrain from these actions;
- This drug is not suitable for the treatment of children.
Drug interactions of the drug:
- when used with some antidepressants, arrhythmias are possible;
- with narcotic drugs, spironolactone, minoxidil, it is possible to reduce the duration of action or the severity of the effect
- enhancement of effects occurs with simultaneous use with diphenhydramine, diprazinom, antiarrhythmic agents (quinidine, novocainamide), penicillins;
- with nitrates, haloperidol, systemic corticosteroids increases the risk of increased intraocular pressure;
- with ketoconazole, its absorption decreases,
- vitamin C reduces the severity of atropine,
- with the treatment of glaucoma pilocarpine and simultaneous use of candles, the effect of pilocarpine decreases;
- sulfonamides increase the risk of kidney damage;
- with potassium and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs increases the risk of developing peptic ulcer disease of the digestive tract;
- reduction of peristalsis of the digestive tract under the action of Betiola may alter the absorption of other drugs.
Analogs candles Betiol
Medicines with the same composition is not. Similar in action are any representatives of the group of funds for the treatment of hemorrhoids in candles. The most popular of them:
- Relief, Relief Advance (with the addition of anesthetic), Relief Ultra (with anti-inflammatory components) are candles used for the treatment of hemorrhoids, based on shark liver oil. Depending on the severity of a disturbing symptom have a different composition. Advance is used for severe pain syndrome, Ultra - for severe inflammation and itching of the anal and perianal region. Manufacturer: Sagmel, Inc. (USA);
- Proktozan is a combined hemorrhoid remedy. The structure includes components that provide a powerful astringent, healing, anesthetic, anti-inflammatory effect. Manufacturer: Amcapharm Pharmaceutical (Germany);
- Hepatrombin contains heparin, prednisolone, macrogol, which provides a complex effect and a good effect in acute inflammation of the anus. Producer means: Hemofarm (Serbia).
Terms and conditions of storage
The shelf life of Betiola is 2 years. After the expiration of this period, the use of the drug is prohibited. Store the drug should be in a cool place, protected from light and moisture, and inaccessible to children, at a temperature not exceeding 20 degrees.
Betiol candles Price
Betiol candles, 10 pcs. - from 60 to 85 rubles.