Besalol instructions for use
Besalol is a combined drug belonging to the group of antispasmodic and anticholinergic drugs. The drug affects the digestive tract and metabolism: it has antispasmodic and analgesic, as well as anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and hyposecretory effect.
Release form and composition
The drug Besalol is available in tablet form, 6 tablets per pack.
Main active ingredients:
- belladonna extract (10 mg);
- phenyl salicylate (salol) - 300 mg.
Auxiliary components: stearic acid, lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, croscarmellose sodium.
Pharmacodynamics. Antispasmodic and mild analgesic effect of Besalol is due to the atropine alkaloids contained in the belladonna extract (scopolamine, hyoscyamine, atropine). These chemical compounds block the m-cholinergic receptors, thereby reducing the tone of the smooth muscles of the internal organs and inhibit the secretion of salivary, gastric and bronchial, lacrimal and sweat glands. They also have an antispasmodic effect on the smooth muscles of the bronchi, pancreas, gallbladder and bile ducts, urinary tract and bladder.
Phenyl salicylate, which is part of the preparation, is cleaved in the alkaline environment of the intestine into phenol and salicylic acid. Phenol has an antiseptic effect, inhibiting pathogenic flora, and salicylic acid has anti-inflammatory properties. With prolonged use of phenyl salicylate does not cause the development of intestinal dysbiosis.
Pharmacokinetics. The drug is well absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract. Alkaloids penetrate the blood-brain and placental barriers, are absorbed into breast milk. The drug is excreted by the kidneys.
What helps besalol?
Besalol is prescribed for diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, accompanied by spasms (colitis, enterocolitis).
Contraindications to the use of besalola are:
- acute bleeding;
- gastrointestinal bleeding;
- diseases of the digestive system, accompanied by obstruction (intestinal atony, achalasia of the esophagus, etc.);
- chronic heart failure;
- coronary heart disease;
- severe arterial hypertension;
- atrial fibrillation;
- tachycardia ;
- mitral stenosis;
- angle-closure glaucoma;
- prostate adenoma with urination disorders;
- kidney and liver failure;
- hyperthermic syndrome;
- bronchial asthma and spastic bronchitis, a tendency to allergic reactions;
- individual intolerance of at least one of the main or auxiliary components of the drug, hypersensitivity to salicylates and other antirheumatic and anti-inflammatory drugs.
Dosing and Administration
Adults are prescribed 1 tablet 2-3 times a day. The maximum allowable daily dosage is 6 tablets Besalola. The duration of treatment is determined individually depending on the form and severity of the disease, the nature of the therapy (independent use of Besalol or as part of a complex treatment), and the effectiveness of treatment.
When using Besalol, undesirable side effects may occur:
- dryness of the oral mucosa;
- increased intraocular pressure;
- mydriasis (dilated pupil);
- reduced visual acuity;
- accommodation paresis (the ability to distinguish small parts at close range);
- dizziness and headache, sleep disturbance;
- feeling of heartbeat, tachycardia, arrhythmia;
- urinary retention;
- allergic reactions.
With an overdose of besalol, dryness of the skin and mucous membranes, skin rash, thirst, dysphagia, increased psychomotor reactions and agitation, urinary retention, convulsions , intestinal atony are noted. When these symptoms appear, immediate withdrawal of the drug and symptomatic therapy are required. Specific antidotes are physostigmine or prozerin.
In the appointment and treatment of besalol it is important to consider the following points:
- the drug should not be used by patients whose activity requires increased visual acuity, as well as to persons whose work requires mental or physical strain, quick response (when driving machinery and vehicles, etc.);
- in diseases of the cardiovascular system, accompanied by bradycardia, the drug should be taken by patients only under strict medical supervision;
- the drug contains lactose, which should be considered in patients with rare hereditary forms of galactose intolerance, lactase deficiency and glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome;
- with long-term use of the drug requires monitoring the composition of the blood and uric acid levels;
- use of Besalol during pregnancy is possible only in the III trimester, in situations where the expected benefit to the mother exceeds the potential danger to the fetus;
- about the use of Besalola in childhood clinical data are not available.
- The therapeutic effect of Besalol is increased in combination with Dimedrol or Diprazine;
- with simultaneous use with systemic corticosteroids, haloperidol and nitrates increases the risk of increased intraocular pressure;
- the combination of besalol with sertraline leads to increased depressive effects of both drugs;
- the combination of Besalol with penicillins causes an increase in the therapeutic effect of both drugs;
- with simultaneous use of corticosteroids (for example, prednisone) or alcohol consumption increases the risk of gastrointestinal bleeding;
- Besalol enhances the action of anticoagulants (heparin, coumarin) and drugs that lower blood sugar levels;
- Besalol reduces the effectiveness of drugs that promote the removal of uric acid from the body;
- with the simultaneous use of besalol with sulfonamides increases the risk of kidney damage;
- when used with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs increases the risk of gastric ulceration and bleeding;
- increases the risk of intestinal ulcers with a combination of besalol with potassium-containing drugs;
- the use of antacid and antidiarrheal drugs reduces the absorption of besalol.
The use of Besalol may affect the results of some laboratory tests. Namely on:
- determination of gastric acidity;
- radioisotope study of the release of the stomach;
- phenolsulpholphthalein urine secretion test.
There are no complete structural analogues of Besalol on the pharmaceutical market. Other belladonna drugs used in the treatment of diseases of the digestive system include:
- Bicarbon (extract of belladonna, sodium bicarbonate);
- Bellastezin (belladonna extract, benzocaine);
- Gastromed (tinctures of belladonna, valerian, wormwood, peppermint);
- Gastropin (tinctures of belladonna, valerian, wormwood);
- Gastric drops (tinctures of belladonna, valerian, peppermint, wormwood).
Terms and conditions of storage
The drug is stored in a dry, protected from sunlight and out of the reach of children, at a temperature of from 8 to 15 ° C. Shelf life is 4 years. Do not take pills after the expiration date printed on the package.
Balsal tablets 6 pcs - from 45 rubles.