Besalol user's manual
Besalol is a combined preparation belonging to the group of antispasmodic and anticholinergic drugs. The drug affects the digestive tract and metabolism: it has antispasmodic and analgesic, as well as anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and hypoxecretory action.
Form of issue and composition
The drug Besalol is available in the form of tablets, 6 tablets per package.
The main active substances are:
- Extract belladonna (belladonna) - 10 mg;
- Phenyl salicylate (salol) - 300 mg.
Auxiliary components: stearic acid, lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium croscarmellose.
Pharmacodynamics. Spasmolytic and moderate analgesic effect of Besalol is due to the alkaloids of the atropine group (scopolamine, hyoscyamine, atropine) contained in the extract of belladonna. These chemical compounds block m-cholinergic receptors, thereby reducing the tone of the smooth muscles of the internal organs and inhibit the secretion of salivary, gastric and bronchial, lacrimal and sweat glands. Also have an antispasmodic effect on the smooth muscles of the bronchi, pancreas, gall bladder and bile ducts, urinary tract and bladder.
Phenylsalicylate, which is a part of the preparation, is cleaved in alkaline medium of the intestine by phenol and salicylic acid. Phenol has an antiseptic effect, inhibiting the pathogenic flora, and salicylic acid has anti-inflammatory properties. With long-term use of phenylsalicylate does not cause the development of intestinal dysbiosis.
Pharmacokinetics. The drug is well absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract. Alkaloids penetrate the blood-brain and placental barriers, are absorbed into breast milk. The drug is excreted by the kidneys.
What helps Besalol?
Besalol is prescribed for diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, accompanied by spasms (colitis, enterocolitis).
Contraindications to the use of Besalol are:
- Acute bleeding;
- Gastrointestinal bleeding;
- Diseases of the digestive system, accompanied by obstruction (atony of the intestine, achalasia of the esophagus, etc.);
- Chronic heart failure;
- cardiac ischemia;
- Severe arterial hypertension;
- Atrial fibrillation;
- Tachycardia ;
- Mitral stenosis;
- Angle-closure glaucoma;
- Adenoma of the prostate with impaired urination;
- Renal and hepatic impairment;
- Hyperthermia syndrome;
- The bronchial asthma and spastic bronchitis, the tendency to allergic reactions;
- Individual intolerance of at least one of the main or auxiliary components of the drug, increased sensitivity to salicylates and other anti-rheumatic and anti-inflammatory drugs.
Dosing and Administration
Adults are prescribed 1 tablet 2-3 times a day. The maximum allowable daily dosage is 6 Besalol tablets. Duration of treatment is determined individually depending on the form and severity of the disease, the nature of therapy (Besalol alone or as part of a comprehensive treatment), the effectiveness of treatment.
When using Besalol, unwanted side effects can occur:
- Dryness of the oral mucosa;
- Increased intraocular pressure;
- Mydriasis (dilated pupil);
- Decreased visual acuity;
- Paresis of accommodation (the ability to distinguish small parts at close range);
- Dizziness and headache, sleep disorder;
- Palpitation, tachycardia, arrhythmia;
- Retention of urination;
- Allergic reactions.
In case of Besalol overdose dry skin and mucous membranes, skin rash, thirst, dysphagia, increased psychomotor reactions and excitation, delayed urination, convulsions , intestinal atony are noted. When these symptoms appear, immediate withdrawal of the drug and symptomatic therapy are required. Specific antidotes are physostigmine or proserin.
When prescribing and treating Besalol, it is important to consider the following points:
- The drug should not be used for patients whose activities require increased visual acuity, as well as for persons whose work requires mental or physical stress, rapid reaction (when controlling mechanisms and vehicles, etc.);
- For diseases of the cardiovascular system, accompanied by bradycardia, the drug should be taken by patients only under strict medical supervision;
- The drug contains lactose, which should be taken into account in patients with rare hereditary forms of galactose intolerance, lactase insufficiency and glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome;
- With prolonged use of the drug requires control of blood composition and uric acid level;
- The use of Besalol during pregnancy is possible only in the third trimester, in situations where the expected benefit to the mother exceeds the potential hazard to the fetus;
- There are no clinical data on the use of Besalol in childhood.
- The therapeutic effect of Besalol is increased in combination with dimedrol or diprazine;
- When used simultaneously with systemic corticosteroids, haloperidol and nitrates, the risk of increasing intraocular pressure increases;
- The combination of Besalol with sertraline leads to an increase in the depressive effect of both drugs;
- The combination of Besalol with penicillins causes an increase in the therapeutic effect of both drugs;
- With the simultaneous use of corticosteroids (such as prednisolone) or alcohol consumption, the risk of gastrointestinal bleeding increases;
- Besalol enhances the effect of anticoagulants (heparin, coumarin) and drugs that reduce blood sugar levels;
- Besalol reduces the effectiveness of drugs that promote the excretion of uric acid from the body;
- With the simultaneous use of Besalol with sulfonamides, the risk of kidney damage increases;
- When used with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, the risk of stomach ulcers and bleeding increases;
- Increased risk of ulcers of the intestine when Besalol is combined with potassium-containing drugs;
- The use of antacid and antidiarrheal drugs reduces the absorption of Besalol.
The use of Besalol may affect the results of some laboratory tests. Namely on:
- Determination of gastric acidity;
- Radioisotope study of gastric emptying;
- Phenol sulfophthalein test of urine secretion.
There are no complete structural analogues of Besalol in the pharmaceutical market. Other belladonna drugs used in the treatment of diseases of the digestive system include:
- Bicarbon (extract of belladonna, sodium hydrogen carbonate);
- Bellastesin (extract of belladonna, benzocaine);
- Gastromed (tinctures of belladonna, valerian, wormwood, peppermint);
- Gastropin (tinctures of belladonna, valerian, wormwood);
- Gastric drops (tinctures of belladonna, valerian, peppermint, wormwood).
Terms and conditions of storage
The drug is stored in a dry place, protected from sunlight and out of reach of children, at a temperature of 8 to 15 ° C. Shelf life is 4 years. Do not take the pill after the expiry date printed on the package.
Besalol tablets 6 pcs - from 45 rub.