Berlition 300 tablets
Berlition - a drug based on alpha-lipoic acid, used to regulate fat and carbohydrate metabolism. It also has a hepatoprotective effect, is prescribed for the treatment of various liver diseases.
Form of issue and composition
Berlition is produced in the form of coated tablets, 30 tablets per pack (3 blisters of 10 tablets). Other forms of release include gelatin capsules for internal use, concentrate for the preparation of infusion solution.
The main active substance is thioctic (alpha-lipoic) acid. One tablet contains 300 mg of thioctic acid.
Auxiliary components: microcrystalline cellulose, colloidal silicon dioxide, lactose monohydrate, sodium croscarmellose, magnesium stearate, povidone.
Pharmacodynamics. The main active substance of the drug - alpha-lipoic acid is a vitamin-like substance, which plays the role of coenzyme in the oxidative decarboxylation of alpha-keto acids. Has hypoglycemic, antioxidant, neurotrophic action. Reduces the concentration of glucose in the blood and increases the glycogen content in the liver, reduces insulin resistance. Also, the substance regulates carbohydrate and fat metabolism, stimulates the exchange of cholesterol.
In patients with diabetes, thioctic acid contributes to a change in the concentration of pyruvic acid in the blood plasma, prevents the deposition of glucose on blood vessel proteins and the formation of final products of glycosylation.
Also alpha-lipoic acid promotes the production of glutathione, improves liver function in patients with hepatic diseases and the function of the peripheral nervous system in patients with sensory diabetic polyneuropathy.
Taking part in the fat metabolism, thioctic acid stimulates the production of phospholipids. As a result, the damaged cell membranes are restored, the conduction of nerve impulses and energy metabolism are normalized.
Pharmacokinetics. Alpha-lipoic acid is rapidly absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract. Absolute bioavailability of tablets of alpha-lipoic acid is 20%. The maximum concentration of the active substance in the blood plasma is observed 30 minutes after administration. The half-life period averages 25 minutes. In the body, the acid binds to metal ions, forms moderately soluble compounds with sugar molecules. 80-90% of the active substance is excreted by the kidneys in the form of inactive metabolites, an insignificant part of the alpha-lipoic acid is excreted unchanged.
Indications for use
Berlition tablets are used to treat:
- alcoholic and diabetic polyneuropathy, accompanied by paresthesia;
- liver diseases of varying severity.
Contraindications to the use of Berlition are:
- hypersensitivity reactions or intolerance to alpha-lipoic acid or one of the auxiliary components of the drug;
- impaired absorption of glucose-galactose, galactosemia, lactase insufficiency;
- pregnancy and the period of breastfeeding;
- age younger than 18 years.
Method of application and dosage
Berlition tablets are taken whole inside, not crushed and not chewed. The drug is taken once a day, in the morning, half an hour before breakfast.
Treatment is long. The course of treatment is determined by the doctor individually depending on the indications and the condition of the patient.
With diabetic polyneuropathy, alpha-lipoic acid is administered at a dosage of 600 mg per day.
With liver diseases, the daily dosage of the drug for adults ranges from 600 mg to 1200 mg.
In some cases, when taking Berlionion tablets, there may be side effects:
- from the side of the heart and blood vessels - pain and sensation of constriction in the chest, hyperemia of the face and upper body, tachycardia (usually noted after intravenous injection of injection forms of the drug);
- from the side of the nervous system - a feeling of heaviness in the head, diplopia, convulsions (also occur after intravenous injections);
- on the part of the digestive system - diarrhea, nausea and vomiting, changes in taste sensations, dyspeptic phenomena (heartburn, bloating, feeling of heaviness);
- from other organs and systems - the development of hypoglycemia (manifested headache and dizziness, impaired visual function, increased sweating), thrombocytopenia, purpura, difficulty breathing;
- allergic reactions - skin itching and rash, hives , anaphylactic shock when taking high doses of the drug.
In case of an overdose of Berlion, headache, nausea, vomiting, psychomotor agitation, confusion are noted. When taking Berlition over 10 g there is a serious intoxication of the body, up to a lethal outcome. With the simultaneous use of the drug with ethyl alcohol, the severity of poisoning with alpha-lipoic acid increases. Severe poisoning with thioctic acid is accompanied by lactic acidosis, generalized convulsions, hemolysis, decreased bone marrow function, intravascular coagulation, shock.
There is no specific antidote to the drug. When using overpriced doses of Berlin, hospitalization is necessary. Gastric lavage is performed, sorbents and symptomatic therapy are prescribed. In severe intoxication, intensive care is provided.
During treatment with the drug, Berlion should be taken into account:
- At the initial stages of treatment in patients with polyneuropathy, paresthesia may be strengthened;
- patients with diabetes during the taking of tablets require constant monitoring of blood glucose and, if necessary, correction of doses of antidiabetic drugs;
- It is not possible to drink alcohol during treatment;
- there is no evidence of the effect of alpha-lipoic acid on the fetus and the children's body, so the drug is not prescribed during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Drug interaction with simultaneous application:
- decreases the therapeutic effect of cisplatin;
- increases the effect of hypoglycemic drugs;
- with metals, including magnesium, iron, as well as calcium, alpha-lipoic acid binds to complex compounds, therefore, the administration of preparations containing these elements, as well as the use of dairy products, is allowed only 6-8 hours after taking Berlition.
Analogues of the drug (with the same active substance) are: Alpha-Lipon, Dialipon, Thioktodar, Thiogamma, Espa-Lipon, Thiocycide BV.
Terms and conditions of storage
Berlition tablets are stored in a place protected from sunlight and moisture, inaccessible to children at a temperature of up to 25 ° C. Shelf life is 3 years. Do not take the pill after the expiry date indicated on the package.
Berlition 300 tablets price
Berlition 300 tablets, coated with 300 mg, 30 pcs. - from 693 rubles.