Tablets Berlition 300 instructions for use
Berlition is an alpha-lipoic acid based drug used to regulate fat and carbohydrate metabolism. It also has a hepatoprotective effect, it is prescribed for the treatment of various liver diseases.
Release form and composition
Berlition is produced in the form of coated tablets, 30 tablets per pack (3 blisters, 10 tablets each). Other forms of production include gelatin capsules for internal use, a concentrate for preparing an infusion solution.
The main active ingredient is thioctic (alpha lipoic) acid. One tablet contains 300 mg of thioctic acid.
Auxiliary components: microcrystalline cellulose, colloidal silicon dioxide, lactose monohydrate, croscarmellose sodium, magnesium stearate, povidone.
Pharmacodynamics. The main active ingredient of the drug - alpha lipoic acid is a vitamin-like substance that plays the role of a coenzyme in the oxidative decarboxylation of alpha-keto acids. It has a hypoglycemic, antioxidant, neurotrophic effect. Reduces the concentration of glucose in the blood and increases the glycogen content in the liver, reduces insulin resistance. It also regulates carbohydrate and fat metabolism, stimulates cholesterol metabolism.
In diabetic patients, thioctic acid contributes to a change in the concentration of pyruvic acid in the blood plasma, prevents the deposition of glucose on the proteins of blood vessels and the formation of the final products of glycosylation.
Also, alpha-lipoic acid contributes to the production of glutathione, improves liver function in patients with hepatic diseases and the function of the peripheral nervous system in patients with sensory diabetic polyneuropathy.
Taking part in fat metabolism, thioctic acid stimulates the production of phospholipids. The result is the restoration of damaged cell membranes, normalization of nerve impulses and energy metabolism.
Pharmacokinetics. Alpha lipoic acid is rapidly absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract. The absolute bioavailability of alpha-lipoic acid tablets is 20%. The maximum concentration of the active substance in the blood plasma is noted 30 minutes after administration. The average half-life averages 25 minutes. In the body, the acid binds to metal ions, forms moderately soluble compounds with sugar molecules. 80–90% of the active substance is excreted by the kidneys as inactive metabolites, a small part of alpha-lipoic acid is excreted unchanged.
Indications for use
Berlition pills are used to treat:
- alcoholic and diabetic polyneuropathy, accompanied by paresthesias;
- liver diseases of varying severity.
Contraindications to the use of Berlithion are:
- hypersensitivity reactions or intolerance to alpha-lipoic acid or one of the auxiliary components of the drug;
- violation of the absorption of glucose-galactose, galactosemia, lactase deficiency;
- pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- age under 18 years old.
Dosing and Administration
Berlition pills are taken whole inside, not crushed and not chewed. The drug is taken once a day, in the morning, half an hour before breakfast.
The treatment is long. The course of treatment is determined by the doctor individually, depending on the evidence and the patient's condition.
In diabetic polyneuropathy, alpha-lipoic acid is prescribed at a dosage of 600 mg per day.
In liver diseases, the daily dosage of the drug for adults ranges from 600 mg to 1200 mg.
In some cases, while taking Berlition pills, side effects may occur:
- on the part of the heart and blood vessels - pain and a feeling of constriction in the chest, flushing of the face and upper body, tachycardia (usually observed after intravenous injection of the drug);
- on the part of the nervous system - a feeling of heaviness in the head, diplopia, convulsions (also occur after intravenous injections);
- on the part of the digestive system - diarrhea, nausea and vomiting, changes in taste, dyspeptic symptoms (heartburn, bloating, feeling of heaviness);
- from other organs and systems - the development of hypoglycemia (manifested by headache and dizziness, impaired visual function, increased sweating), thrombocytopenia, purpura, difficulty breathing;
- allergic reactions - pruritus and rash, urticaria , anaphylactic shock while taking high doses of the drug.
With an overdose of Berlithion, headache, nausea, vomiting, psychomotor agitation, confusion are noted. When taking Berlithione over 10 grams, severe intoxication of the body occurs, including death. With simultaneous use of the drug with ethyl alcohol, the severity of poisoning with alpha-lipoic acid increases. Severe thioctic acid poisoning is accompanied by lactic acidosis, generalized convulsions, hemolysis, decreased bone marrow function, intravascular coagulation of blood, and shock.
There is no specific antidote to the drug. At application of the overestimated doses of Berlithion hospitalization is necessary. Gastric lavage is carried out, sorbents and symptomatic therapy are prescribed. In case of severe intoxication, intensive therapy activities are carried out.
During treatment with Berlitione, the following should be taken into account:
- in the initial stages of treatment, patients with polyneuropathy may have increased paresthesias;
- patients with diabetes mellitus while taking pills require constant monitoring of blood glucose levels and, if necessary, correction of doses of antidiabetic drugs;
- do not drink alcohol during treatment;
- There is no data on the effect of alpha-lipoic acid on the fetus and the children's body, so the drug is not prescribed during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Drug interaction with simultaneous use:
- reduced therapeutic effect of cisplastin;
- increases the effect of hypoglycemic drugs;
- alpha-lipoic acid binds with metals, including magnesium, iron, and calcium into complex compounds, therefore, the use of preparations containing these elements, as well as the use of dairy products, is allowed only 6–8 hours after taking Berlition.
Analogues of the drug (with the same active ingredient) include: Alpha-Lipon, Dialipon, Thioctodar, Thiogamma, Espa-Lipon, Thioctacid BV.
Terms and conditions of storage
Berlition tablets are stored protected from sunlight and moisture, out of the reach of children at a temperature up to 25 ° C. Shelf life is 3 years. Do not take pills after the expiration date indicated on the package.
Tablets Berlition 300 price
Berlition 300 tablets, coated 300 mg, 30 pcs. - from 693 rubles.