Bepanten plus instructions for use
Bepanten plus - a drug for external use, which has anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and regenerating effect.
Form of issue and composition
The preparation Bepanten plus is available in the form of a cream, in a tube of 30 ml. The tube with the instruction is placed in a cardboard package.
The main active ingredients (in 1 g of cream):
- Dexpanthenol 50 mg;
- Chlorhexidine dihydrochloride - 5 mg.
Auxiliary components: cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, DL-pantolactone, white soft paraffin, liquid paraffin, polyoxyl 40 stearate, lanolin, purified water.
Pharmacodynamics. Bepanten plus cream has an antiseptic, regenerating and analgesic effect due to the active components - chlorhexidine and dexpanthenol.
Dexpanthenol in skin cells is converted into pantothenic acid (vitamin B 5 ), which takes a direct part in the cellular metabolism. As a result, the renewal of epithelial cells is accelerated, and the healing of damaged tissues is accelerated.
Chlorhexidine dihydrochloride has antiseptic properties. It is active against gram-positive bacteria, including strains of staphylococci - microorganisms, which most often cause infectious inflammation of the skin. Has a mild antifungal effect. Does not affect gram-negative bacteria and viruses.
Pharmacokinetics. Dexpanthenol is absorbed by the skin, in cells it is converted to pantothenic acid. Pantothenic acid binds to blood plasma proteins. It is excreted unchanged by the kidneys (about 70%) and through the intestine (about 30%). Chlorhexidine is not absorbed through intact skin into the systemic circulation.
Indications for use
Indications for the use of Bepanten plus cream are:
- Superficial mechanical damage to the skin - cuts and scratches, cracks, abrasions, burns;
- Skin damage caused by dermatitis, pyoderma;
- Chronic skin lesions - bedsores, trophic ulcers;
- Skin infections, including neurodermatitis , secondarily infected eczema ;
- Cracks in the nipples arising from breastfeeding;
- Minor injuries and surgical wounds in minimally invasive surgery.
The cream is not used to treat the perforated eardrum. Do not use the product with increased sensitivity or intolerance to at least one of the active or auxiliary components of the drug.
Dosage and Administration
Bepanten plus cream is applied externally for the treatment of adults and children older than a year. The product is applied to pre-cleaned inflamed skin. Multiplicity of application - once a day (except for the treatment of nipple cracks, when the cream is applied several times a day). The daily dose of the cream should not exceed 5 g.
If necessary, the product can be applied under the bandage. The duration of the course of treatment depends on the type and severity of the course of the inflammatory process. It is not recommended to use a cream for the treatment of large areas of the skin.
Very rarely, the use of the cream causes unwanted side effects. It:
- Allergic reactions - rash and itching, skin irritation, urticaria , eczema, erythema and dermatitis;
- Hypersensitivity reactions - anaphylactic reactions, including shock, asthmatic syndrome, skin, respiratory and cardiac damage, potentially hazardous to the health and life of the patient.
Skin irritation often occurs after repeated, prolonged use of the cream.
When topical application of the drug, there were no cases of overdose. Dexpanthenol is well tolerated and does not have a toxic effect even in high doses. The toxic effect of chlorhexidine when used in high doses is manifested by an increase in the content of aminotransferase.
During treatment it is important to take into account:
- The preparation Bepanten plus can be used only with superficial lesions of the skin;
- It is impossible to combine cream treatment with other external antiseptics;
- Chlorhexidine, which is part of the cream, does not combine with saponifying substances;
- Do not allow the product to come into the eyes, and if this happens, you should rinse the eyes thoroughly with water;
- It is not recommended to apply the product in case of sunburn;
- It is not recommended to apply cream for allergic reactions that are not accompanied by infectious processes;
- It is not recommended the use of a cream to treat extensive wounds with the release of a large amount of pus.
Bepanten plus analogues
To similar preparations with the same composition of active components is Depantol cream.
Terms and conditions of storage
Bepanten plus cream stored at room temperature (not above 25 ° C), protected from sunlight, inaccessible to children. Shelf life is 3 years. Do not use the cream after the expiration date printed on the package.
Bepanten plus price
Bepanten plus cream for external use 50 mg + 5 mg; Tube aluminum 30 g - from 270 rub.