Bepanten plus instructions for use
Bepantin plus is a drug for external use, providing anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and regenerating effect.
Release form and composition
The drug Bepanten plus comes in the form of a cream, in a 30 ml tube. The tube with the instruction is placed in a cardboard box.
The main active ingredients (in 1 g of cream):
- dexpanthenol - 50 mg;
- chlorhexidine dihydrochloride - 5 mg.
Auxiliary components: cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, DL-pantolactone, white soft paraffin, liquid paraffin, polyoxyl 40 stearate, lanolin, purified water.
Pharmacodynamics. Bepantin plus cream has an antiseptic, regenerating and analgesic effect due to the active ingredients chlorhexidine and dexpanthenol.
Dexpanthenol in skin cells is converted to pantothenic acid (vitamin B 5 ), which is directly involved in cellular metabolism. As a result, the renewal of epithelial cells and the healing of damaged tissues are accelerated.
Chlorhexidine dihydrochloride has antiseptic properties. It is active against gram-positive bacteria, including staphylococcal strains - microorganisms that most often cause infectious inflammation of the skin. It has a mild antifungal effect. Does not affect gram-negative bacteria and viruses.
Pharmacokinetics. Dexpanthenol is absorbed by the skin, converted into pantothenic acid in the cells. Pantothenic acid binds to plasma proteins. It is excreted unchanged by the kidneys (about 70%) and through the intestines (about 30%). Chlorhexidine is not absorbed through intact skin into the systemic circulation.
Indications for use
Indications for the use of cream Bepanten plus are:
- superficial mechanical damage to the skin - cuts and scratches, cracks, abrasions, burns;
- skin lesions caused by dermatitis, pyoderma;
- chronic skin lesions - bedsores, trophic ulcers;
- skin infections, including atopic dermatitis , eczema for the second time infected;
- nipple cracks caused by breastfeeding;
- minor injuries and surgical wounds in minimally invasive surgery.
The cream does not apply to the treatment of perforated eardrum. You can not use the tool for hypersensitivity or intolerance to at least one of the active or auxiliary components of the drug.
Dosing and Administration
Bepanten plus cream is applied externally to treat adults and children older than a year. Means is applied on previously cleared inflamed skin sites. Frequency of use - once a day (except for the treatment of nipple cracks, when the cream is applied several times a day). The daily dose of the cream should not exceed 5 g.
If necessary, the tool can be applied under the dressing. The duration of the course of treatment depends on the type and severity of the inflammatory process. It is not recommended to use a cream for the treatment of large areas of skin.
Very rarely, the use of the cream causes undesirable side effects. It:
- allergic reactions - rash and itching, skin irritation, urticaria , eczema, erythema and dermatitis;
- hypersensitivity reactions - anaphylactic reactions, including shock, asthma, lesions of the skin, respiratory and cardiac systems, potentially dangerous to the patient’s health and life.
Skin irritation often occurs after repeated, prolonged use of the cream.
With the local use of the drug cases of overdose did not occur. Dexpanthenol is well tolerated by the body and has no toxic effect even in high doses. The toxic effect of chlorhexidine when used in high doses is manifested by an increased content of aminotransferase.
During treatment, it is important to take into account:
- Bepantin Plus can only be used for superficial skin lesions;
- it is impossible to combine the treatment with cream with other external antiseptics;
- Chlorhexidine, which is part of the cream, does not combine with saponifying agents;
- Do not allow the product to come into contact with the eyes, and if this happens, rinse the eyes thoroughly with water
- It is not recommended to use the tool for sunburn;
- It is not recommended to apply the cream for allergic reactions that are not accompanied by infectious processes;
- It is not recommended to use the cream for the treatment of extensive wounds with the release of large amounts of pus.
Bepanten plus analogues
Depanthol Cream is a similar drug with the same composition of active ingredients.
Terms and conditions of storage
Bepantin plus cream is stored at room temperature (not above 25 ° C), protected from sunlight, out of the reach of children. Shelf life is 3 years. Do not use the cream after the expiration date printed on the package.
Bepanten plus price
Bepanten plus topical cream 50 mg + 5 mg; aluminum tube 30 g - from 270 rubles.