Benzyl benzoate emulsion instruction manual
Benzyl benzoate is an antiparasitic agent used to treat skin infections of parasitic origin, including scabies.
Form of issue and composition
Benzyl benzoate is available in the form of 10% and 20% emulsion for external use, in 50 ml bottles, 100 ml and 200 ml. Other forms of release - 10% and 20% ointment in tubes and jars.
The main active substance is benzyl benzoate. 100 grams of emulsion contains 20 g of benzyl benzoate.
Auxiliary components: emulsifier, household solid soap, purified water.
Benzyl benzoate is characterized by acaricidal (destroying) action against various types of mites, including parasites that cause scabies. The active substance penetrates through the chitinous cover of parasites, accumulates in the body of mites in toxic concentrations. Benzyl benzoate also shows anti-pediculosis activity against all types of lice. Promotes the death of adult individuals and larvae of parasites, does not affect the eggs.
The death of mites occurs 7-32 minutes after the application of the emulsion, lice - after 2-5 hours. The active substance is not absorbed into the bloodstream.
Indications for use
Benzyl benzoate emulsion is used to treat:
- Red eels;
- Demodecosis (caused by the genus of ticks parasitizing the sebaceous glands and hair follicles);
- Pityrious lichen;
- Oily seborrhea;
Emulsion Benzyl benzoate does not apply:
- With individual intolerance of benzyl benzoate;
- In acute dermatological diseases, including pustular inflammation;
- With mechanical damage to the skin;
- During pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- For the treatment of children younger than 3 years.
Dosage and Administration
Emulsion Benzyl benzoate is intended for topical external application. Shake the product before application. For the treatment of adults, 20% emulsion is used, for children - 10%. The way benzyl benzoate is used depends on the indications.
Scabies and pityriasis. It is necessary to moisten an emulsion with a cotton or gauze swab, rub the product into the skin (skin of the hands, trunk, legs). The emulsion consumption per procedure is 100 g. The emulsion is applied once a day for 3 days. Before starting treatment and after a 3-day course, take a shower, change underwear and bedding. If necessary, the treatment course can be repeated.
Redheads and demodicosis. The emulsion is applied a thin layer on clean face skin 3 to 5 times a day. The duration of treatment is determined individually, depending on the response of the body to treatment - stopping the inflammatory process, stopping the itching.
Fat seborrhea. The emulsion is spread thinly over the skin of the scalp. After 30-40 minutes the product is washed off. The procedure is carried out 2-3 times a week.
Pediculosis. The product is applied to the scalp (25 g emulsion per procedure) with a cotton or gauze swab, lightly rubbed into the skin and hair. Above, the head is covered with a handkerchief or a towel. After half an hour, the emulsion is carefully washed off with warm running water. In this case, avoid getting the product on the face. The hair is rinsed with a warm 5% vinegar solution (a glass of water per glass of vinegar), for another hour the head is wrapped with a handkerchief or towel. Then the hair is thoroughly washed with soap or shampoo, the nits are removed when combing the hair with a frequent comb. Results are evaluated after 24 hours. If necessary, repeated treatment with a solution of vinegar.
For children under 5 years, the emulsion is used in diluted form - it is diluted with boiled chilled water in a 1: 1 ratio.
Side effects often develop in the treatment of skin folds or facial skin, manifested by burning sensations, flaking, redness and irritation of the skin, the development of contact dermatitis.
In case of an overdose of the drug, there may be an increase in side effects. In this case, the drug should be discontinued.
During the application of the emulsion:
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
- Necessarily carry out disinfection of underwear, headdresses, bedding;
- Before treatment, take a shower to mechanically remove parasites from the surface of the skin and to steam up the skin's surface layer (the drug will be easier to penetrate into the epidermis);
- When treating the skin of hands after each washing, repeated application of the emulsion is required;
- Treatment of contacting and living in the same room people must be carried out simultaneously;
- When using the drug during lactation, breastfeeding should be discontinued;
- It is not recommended to use the emulsion simultaneously with other external means;
- Open the vial of the suspension to store no longer than a week.
In case of accidental ingress of emulsion:
- In the eyes - rinse thoroughly with water or 1% solution of soda; If there was eye irritation - 30% solution of sodium sulfacylate, if pain is noted - 2% solution of novocaine;
- In the mouth - rinse the oral cavity with water or 2% soda solution;
- In the stomach - immediately consult a doctor.
To the full structural analogues (with the same active substance) of benzyl benzoate are preparations: Benzoic, Bensocryl.
Terms and conditions of storage
Emulsion Benzyl benzoate is stored at room temperature (15 to 25 ° C), protected from light and out of reach of children. Shelf life is 2 years. Do not use the emulsion after the expiry date indicated on the package.
Benzyl benzoate emulsion price
Benzyl benzoate emulsion for external use 20%; A bottle of 50 g - from 16 rubles.