Benzyl benzoate emulsion instructions for use
Benzyl benzoate is an antiparasitic agent used to treat skin infections of parasitic origin, including scabies.
Release form and composition
Benzyl benzoate is produced in the form of a 10% and 20% emulsion for external use, in vials of 50 ml, 100 ml and 200 ml. Other forms of release - 10% and 20% ointment in tubes and cans.
The main active ingredient is benzyl benzoate. 100 g of the emulsion contains 20 g of benzyl benzoate.
Auxiliary components: emulsifier, solid soap, purified water.
Benzyl benzoate is characterized by acaricidal (killing) action against various types of mites, including the parasites that cause scabies. The active substance penetrates through the chitinous cover of parasites, accumulates in the body of ticks in toxic concentrations. Also, benzyl benzoate exhibits anti-pediculosis activity against all types of lice. It contributes to the death of adults and larvae of parasites, does not affect the eggs.
The death of ticks occurs within 7–32 minutes after the application of the emulsion, and lice within 2–5 hours. The active substance is not absorbed into the bloodstream.
Indications for use
Benzyl benzoate emulsion is used to treat:
- red eels;
- demodicosis (caused by a genus of ticks, parasitic in the sebaceous glands and hair follicles);
- pityriasis lichen;
- oily seborrhea;
- head lice.
Benzyl Benzoate emulsion does not apply:
- with individual intolerance to benzyl benzoate;
- in acute dermatological diseases, including pustular inflammations;
- mechanical damage to the skin;
- during pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- for the treatment of children under 3 years old.
Dosing and Administration
Emulsion Benzyl Benzoate is intended for local external use. Before applying the product should be shaken. For the treatment of adults, 20% emulsion is used, for children - 10%. The way of using benzyl benzoate depends on the evidence.
Scabies and pityriasis versicolor . The emulsion should be wetted with a cotton swab or gauze swab, rub the product into the skin (the skin of the hands, torso, and legs) is sequentially processed. The emulsion consumption per procedure is 100 g. The emulsion is applied once a day for 3 days. Before starting treatment and after the 3-day course, you must take a shower, change your underwear and bedding. If necessary, the treatment can be repeated.
Red eels and demodicosis. The emulsion is applied with a thin layer on clean skin from 3 to 5 times a day. The duration of treatment is determined individually, depending on the body's response to treatment - the relief of the inflammatory process, the cessation of itching.
Oily seborrhea. The emulsion is spread in a thin layer over the skin of the scalp. After 30–40 minutes, the product is washed off. The procedure is carried out 2-3 times a week.
Pediculosis. The tool is applied to the skin of the scalp (25 g of the emulsion for one procedure) using a cotton swab or gauze pad, lightly rubbed into the skin and hair. From above, the head is covered with a handkerchief or towel. After half an hour, the emulsion is gently rinsed with warm running water. At the same time you should avoid getting the funds on the face. Hair is rinsed with a warm 5% solution of vinegar (a glass of water for a glass of vinegar), for another hour the head is wrapped with a handkerchief or towel. Then the hair is thoroughly washed with soap or shampoo, the nits are removed when combing the hair with a frequent comb. Results are evaluated in a day. If necessary, re-treatment with a solution of vinegar.
For children under 5 years old, the emulsion is applied in a diluted form - diluted with boiled chilled water in a 1: 1 ratio.
Side effects often develop during the treatment of skin folds or skin of the face, manifested by burning sensation, peeling, redness and irritation of the skin, the development of contact dermatitis.
With an overdose of the drug may increase side effects. In this case, the use of the drug should be discontinued.
While applying the emulsion:
- Do not allow contact with the eyes and mucous membranes;
- it is necessary to carry out the disinfection of underwear, hats, bedding;
- take a shower before treatment to mechanically remove parasites from the skin surface and to steam out the surface layer of the skin (the drug will be easier to penetrate the epidermis);
- when treating the skin of the hands after each wash requires repeated application of the emulsion;
- processing contacting and living in the same room people need to be carried out simultaneously;
- when using the drug during lactation, breastfeeding should be discontinued;
- it is not recommended to apply an emulsion along with other external means;
- open vial suspensions store no longer than a week.
In the event of an accidental emulsion:
- in eyes - rinse thoroughly with water or 1% soda solution; if eye irritation occurs - drip with 30% sodium sulfacyl solution, if pain is noted - 2% novocaine solution;
- in the mouth - rinse the mouth cavity with water or 2% soda solution;
- in the stomach - immediately consult a doctor.
The complete structural analogues (with the same active substance) Benzyl benzoate include the following drugs: Benzocide, Bensokril.
Terms and conditions of storage
The benzyl benzoate emulsion is stored at room temperature (15 to 25 ° C), protected from light, and inaccessible to children. Shelf life is 2 years. Do not use the emulsion after the expiration date stated on the package.
Benzyl benzoate emulsion price
Benzyl benzoate emulsion for external use 20%; a bottle of 50 g - from 16 rubles.