Belosalik lotion user's manual
Belosalik is a combined preparation of corticosteroid and salicylic acid for the treatment of dermatoses sensitive to glucocorticosteroid therapy. Can be used including for the treatment of scalp skin.
Form of issue and composition
Belosalik is available in the form of a lotion for external use. In the bottles-droppers of 50 ml and 100 ml. In bottles with a sprayer of 20 ml, 50 ml and 100 ml. The bottle together with the instruction is placed in a cardboard box.
The main active ingredients (in 1 ml lotion):
- Betamethasone (in the form of dipropionate) - 0.5 mg;
- Salicylic acid - 20 mg.
Auxiliary components: hypromelose, sodium hydroxide, isopropyl alcohol, disodium edetate, purified water.
Pharmacodynamics. Belosalik is a combined preparation of glucocorticosteroid betamethasone and salicylic acid.
Betamethasone is a synthetic adrenocorticosteroid (an analog of prednisolone), which has a pronounced anti-inflammatory, antiproliferative and immunosuppressive effect. Oppresses the production and release of inflammatory mediators and allergies - histamine, prostaglandins, kinins, lysosomal enzymes. Reduces the permeability of blood vessels at the site of exposure, thereby reducing puffiness in tissues.
Salicylic acid is characterized by pronounced keratolytic properties, due to which the penetration of betamethasone into the skin is facilitated.
Pharmacokinetics. Absorption of betamethasone can change under the influence of various factors (general skin condition, breach of the integrity of the skin, the presence of inflammatory processes). In cases of inflammation and mechanical damage to the skin, the absorption of betamethasone increases. Systemic absorption after topical application of the drug is 12-14%. About 64% of the active substance binds to blood plasma proteins. Metabolism betamethasone is carried out in the liver. Metabolites are excreted for the most part with bile, about 5% with urine.
When applied to the skin of salicylic acid under the occlusive dressing, the maximum concentration of the substance in the blood plasma is noted after 5 hours. About 6% of the acid is unchanged in the urine, the rest is excreted with bile in the form of metabolites.
Indications for use
The drug is recommended for patients with oily skin, and also suitable for the treatment of inflammatory processes of the scalp skin. Belosalik is used for various dermatoses sensitive to corticosteroid therapy, including:
- Seborrheic dermatitis;
- Red flat lichen;
- Ichthyotic skin lesions;
Contraindications to the use of Belosalik are:
- Hypersensitivity to betamethasone, salicylic acid or any auxiliary component of the drug;
- Skin reaction after vaccine administration;
- Perioral dermatitis;
- Tuberculosis of the skin;
- Children under 2 years.
Do not apply lotion to the skin around the eyes: the ingestion of betamethasone on the eye's mucosa can provoke the development of glaucoma, cataracts, fungal infections and exacerbation of herpes.
Dosing and Administration
Belosalik is intended for external use. A few drops of lotion are applied to the inflammatory foci, the remedy is gently rubbed into the skin. Multiplicity of lotion application - twice a day (morning and evening). The duration of treatment usually does not exceed 3 weeks. In case of long treatment courses, lotion can be applied every other day. The scheme and course of treatment can be adjusted by the doctor depending on the type and severity of the course of the inflammatory process.
The local action of betamethasone can provoke collagen reduction, which is manifested by the appearance of:
- Atrophic skin changes;
- Stretch marks;
- Allergic contact dermatitis.
Long-term lotion therapy can provoke development:
- Local hyperpigmentation / hypopigmentation;
- Oppression of sweat glands;
- Skin rash and itching;
- Secondary skin infections (due to the inhibitory effect of betamethasone on the immune system).
Local use of salicylic acid may cause the development of dermatitis.
Systemic side effects occur when an overdose or prolonged use of the drug. Excessive absorption of betamethasone into the bloodstream leads to suppression of adrenal cortex function, which is manifested by intracranial hypertension (in children), hyperglycemia, glucosuria, Cushing's syndrome. Suppression of adrenal function in children is also accompanied by a slowing of growth and weight gain, a decrease in the content of cortisol in the blood and urine. Intracranial hypertension is characterized by protrusion of the fontanel and headaches.
In case of an overdose of salicylic acid, fatigue and drowsiness, paleness of the skin, hearing loss, nausea and vomiting occur.
When identifying symptoms of an overdose, stop using the drug. Treatment includes the restoration of normal water-salt balance and symptomatic therapy. With the development of the chronic toxic effect of Belosalik, the drug should be withdrawn gradually.
In case of an overdose of salicylic acid, symptomatic treatment is performed, sodium bicarbonate is prescribed for urine alkalinization and diuresis intensification.
When using Belosalik it is important to consider the following nuances:
- If after the first application of the lotion a hypersensitivity reaction (itching, rash, reddening of the skin) occurs, the use of the remedy should be canceled;
- Lotion is not applied to occlusive dressings, unless this has been agreed by the attending physician;
- It is not recommended to use lotion for treatment of inflammation on the face for more than 7 days because of the risk of developing rosacea, acne , perioral dermatitis;
- The product should not be applied to the skin in the eye area;
- In the field of natural folds of the skin (axillary cavities, inguinal folds, the area of the skin in the lower abdomen in obese people, the skin under the breast in women) lotion should be applied shortly, in small doses (in these places there is a natural occlusive effect, the absorption of the drug and its toxicity increase);
- Patients with hepatic insufficiency drug is recommended to use in small doses, short courses;
- With the development of a secondary bacterial or fungal infection, additional use of local antibiotics and antifungal agents is required;
- Belosalik does not affect the ability to concentrate attention, manage vehicles and other mechanisms;
- Pregnant women Belosalik is prescribed only in situations where the expected benefit for the mother exceeds the potential risks to the fetus, while lotion is used in small doses, in small areas of the skin, in short courses;
- During lactation, Belosalik can be used, with the exception of foci of inflammation on the skin of the breast;
- The drug can be used in children older than 2 years only on the recommendation and under the strict supervision of a doctor, short, limited courses;
- Children should not be given a diaper preparation (an occlusive effect that enhances absorption and, accordingly, increases the toxicity of the drug).
Analogs of Belosalik, having the same composition, are preparations: Diprosalic, Betasal, Betaderm A, Rederm, Bentovate C, Acriderm SK.
Terms and conditions of storage
Belosalik lotion stored at a temperature of no higher than 25 ° C, in a place protected from sunlight and inaccessible to children.
Belosalik Lotion price
Belosalik lotion solution for external use, a bottle of 20 ml - from 364 rubles.