Belosalik lotion instructions for use
Belosalik is a combination drug of corticosteroid and salicylic acid for the treatment of dermatoses that are sensitive to glucocorticosteroid therapy. It can also be used to treat the scalp.
Release form and composition
Belosalik comes in the form of a lotion for external use. In dropper bottles of 50 ml and 100 ml. In bottles with a spray of 20 ml, 50 ml and 100 ml. The bottle together with the instruction is placed in a cardboard box.
The main active ingredients (in 1 ml of lotion):
- betamethasone (in the form of dipropionate) - 0.5 mg;
- salicylic acid - 20 mg.
Auxiliary components: hypromellose, sodium hydroxide, isopropyl alcohol, disodium edetate, purified water.
Pharmacodynamics. Belosalik is a combined drug of glucocorticosteroid betamethasone and salicylic acid.
Betamethasone is a synthetic adrenocorticosteroid (an analogue of prednisolone), which has a pronounced anti-inflammatory, anti-proliferative and immunosuppressive effect. Inhibits the production and release of inflammatory mediators and allergies - histamine, prostaglandins, kinins, lysosomal enzymes. Reduces the permeability of blood vessels at the site of exposure, thereby reducing the swelling of tissues.
Salicylic acid is characterized by pronounced keratolytic properties, due to which the penetration of betamethasone into the skin is facilitated.
Pharmacokinetics. Betamethasone absorption may be altered by various factors (general condition of the skin, violation of the integrity of the skin, the presence of inflammatory processes). With inflammation and mechanical damage to the skin, the absorption of betamethasone increases. Systemic absorption after topical administration of the drug is 12–14%. About 64% of the active substance is bound to plasma proteins. Betamethasone is metabolized in the liver. Metabolites are derived mostly from the bile, about 5% from the urine.
When salicylic acid is applied to the skin under an occlusive dressing, the maximum concentration of the substance in the blood plasma is noted after 5 hours. About 6% of the acid is excreted unchanged with the urine, the rest is excreted in the bile as metabolites.
Indications for use
The drug is recommended for patients with oily skin, and is also suitable for the treatment of inflammatory processes of the scalp. Belosalik is used for a variety of dermatoses that are sensitive to corticosteroid therapy, including:
- seborrheic dermatitis;
- lichen planus;
- ichthyic skin lesions;
Contraindications to the use of Belosalik are:
- hypersensitivity to betamethasone, salicylic acid, or any auxiliary component of the drug;
- skin reactions after vaccine administration;
- perioral dermatitis;
- skin tuberculosis ;
- children's age up to 2 years.
Do not apply lotion on the skin around the eyes: getting betamethasone on the mucous membrane of the eyeball can trigger the development of glaucoma, cataracts, fungal infections and exacerbation of herpes.
Dosing and Administration
Belosalik intended for external use. A few drops of lotion is applied to inflammatory foci, the product is gently rubbed into the skin. The frequency of lotion - twice a day (morning and evening). The duration of treatment usually does not exceed 3 weeks. In the case of long-term treatment courses, lotion can be applied every other day. The scheme and course of treatment can be adjusted by a doctor depending on the type and severity of the inflammatory process.
The local action of betamethasone can provoke collagen reduction, manifested by the appearance of:
- atrophic skin changes;
- stretch marks;
- allergic contact dermatitis.
Long-term lotion therapy may trigger the development of:
- local hyperpigmentation / hypopigmentation;
- depression of sweat gland function;
- skin rash and itching;
- secondary skin infections (due to the inhibitory effect of betamethasone on the immune system).
Local use of salicylic acid can cause the development of dermatitis.
Systemic side effects occur with overdose or prolonged use of the drug. Excessive absorption of betamethasone into the bloodstream leads to inhibition of the function of the adrenal cortex, which is manifested by intracranial hypertension (in children), hyperglycemia, glucosuria, Cushing's syndrome. Suppression of adrenal function in children is also accompanied by growth retardation and an increase in body weight, a decrease in cortisol levels in the blood and urine. Intracranial hypertension is characterized by progenesis of fontanelle and headaches.
Overdose of salicylic acid causes fatigue and drowsiness, pale skin, hearing loss, nausea and vomiting.
If you identify symptoms of overdose, you must stop using the drug. Treatment includes restoration of normal water-salt balance and symptomatic therapy. With the development of chronic toxic action Belosalik drug should be abolished gradually.
In case of overdose of salicylic acid, symptomatic treatment is carried out, sodium bicarbonate is prescribed for alkalizing urine and increasing diuresis.
When applying Belosalik, it is important to consider the following nuances:
- If after the first application of the lotion a hypersensitivity reaction (itching, rash, redness of the skin) has occurred, the use of the agent should be canceled;
- lotion is not applied under occlusive dressings, unless this has been agreed by the attending physician;
- It is not recommended to use lotion for the treatment of inflammations on the face for more than 7 days due to the risk of developing rosacea, acne , perioral dermatitis;
- the product should not be applied to the skin in the eye area;
- in the area of natural skin folds (armpits, inguinal folds, the skin area in the lower abdomen in obese people, the skin under the breasts in women) lotion should be applied briefly, in small doses (in these places there is a natural occlusal effect, absorption of the drug and its toxicity increase);
- in patients with hepatic insufficiency, the drug is recommended to be used in small doses, in short courses;
- with the development of secondary bacterial or fungal infection requires the additional use of local antibiotics and antifungal agents;
- Belosalik does not affect the ability to concentrate attention, to drive vehicles and other mechanisms;
- pregnant women Belosalik is prescribed only in situations where the expected benefit to the mother outweighs the potential risks to the fetus, while the lotion is used in small doses, on small skin areas, in short courses;
- during lactation, Belosalik can be used, with the exception of inflammatory foci on the skin of the chest;
- the drug can be used in children over 2 years old only on the recommendation and under the strict supervision of a physician, with short, limited courses;
- children should not use the drug in diapers (an occlusive effect occurs, which increases absorption and, accordingly, increases the drug's toxicity).
The analogues of Belosalik, having the same composition, are the following drugs: Diprosalic, BetaSal, Betaderm A, Rederm, Bentovate C, Akriderm SC.
Terms and conditions of storage
Belosalik lotion is stored at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C, protected from sunlight and inaccessible to children.
Belosalik lotion price
Belosalik lotion solution for external use, a bottle of 20 ml - from 364 rubles.