Bellastezin instructions for use
Bellastesin is a combined preparation based on the belladonna extract (belladonna), which exerts spasmolytic, local anesthetic and analgesic, antisecretory action.
Form of issue and composition
Bellastesin is available in tablets, 10 tablets per pack.
The main active substances (in 1 tablet):
- Extract of belladonna - 15 mg;
- Benzocaine (anesthesin) - 300 mg.
Auxiliary components: talcum, calcium stearate, gelatin food, potato starch.
The spasmolytic effect of Bellastesin is due to the constituent alkaloids of the atolline group Belladonna (scopolamine, hyoscyamine, apoatropin). These compounds reduce the tone of the smooth muscles of the gastrointestinal tract, as well as reduce the secretion of the salivary, gastric and pancreatic glands, bronchial and sweat glands. The analgesic effect is achieved due to the action of the local anesthetic of benzocaine (anesthesin).
Indications for use
Indications for the use of Bellastesin are:
- Spasms and pains in the stomach with gastritis with high acidity;
- Spasms of the gallbladder and bile ducts;
- Spasms of smooth muscles of the intestine and other organs of the abdominal cavity;
- Hypersalivation (increased salivation).
The drug is contraindicated in:
- Mechanical intestinal obstruction;
- Atonic locks;
- Acute ulcerative colitis;
- Stenosing pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Severe atherosclerosis;
- Myasthenia gravis;
- Acute bleeding;
- Glaucoma and suspected of it;
- Adenoma of the prostate;
- Individual intolerance of at least one of the components of the drug;
- During pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- In children under 14 years.
Dosing and Administration
The drug is taken orally, 1 tablet twice a day. The tablet is swallowed, without chewing, with a glass of water. The maximum allowable daily dosage is 3 tablets. The duration of treatment depends on the type and severity of the disease, the effectiveness of Bellastesin and the type of therapy (either alone or as part of a comprehensive treatment), an average of 3-5 days.
In some cases, the use of Bellastesin can cause unwanted side effects:
- Dryness in the mouth and thirst;
- Change / loss of taste;
- Deterioration of appetite;
- A decrease in the tone of the gallbladder;
- Retention of urination;
- Dizziness and headache;
- Speech impairment;
- Dilated pupils;
- Violation of accommodation;
- Increased intraocular pressure;
- Nervous excitement;
- Sleep disorder;
- Dry skin;
- Allergic reactions, rarely anaphylactic shock.
If the treatment is not effective or worsening the patient's condition, the occurrence of side effects, the drug should be stopped immediately.
Overdosing of the drug can cause dangerous poisoning , manifested by nausea and vomiting, tachycardia, tachyarrhythmia and myocardial ischemia, hyperthermia, decreased sweating and development of allergic reactions, suppression of lactation, decreased potency. If symptoms of an overdose occur, immediate withdrawal of the drug and contact with a doctor is required. Gastric lavage and symptomatic treatment are performed, cholinomimetics and anticholinesterases are administered.
When using Bellastesin it is important to consider:
- In the hot season, the use of Bellastezin can trigger a heat stroke;
- You can not take the drug for a long time with nephrolithiasis (urolithiasis) and cholelithiasis;
- It is not recommended to use Bellastesin to persons whose activity requires increased concentration of attention, rapid psychomotor reactions, including in the management of transport and other mechanisms;
- It is impossible to combine Bellastesin with alcohol;
- Caution should be exercised when using the drug for impaired patients and the elderly;
- Bellastesin is prescribed only after careful evaluation of the ratio of expected benefits to the mother and potential risk to the fetus;
- If Bellastesin is required during lactation, breastfeeding for the duration of treatment should be discontinued;
- Clinical data on the effectiveness and safety of the use of Bellastesin in children are absent, therefore the drug is not used in pediatric practice.
With caution, it is recommended to apply the drug for some pathologies, such as:
- cardiac ischemia;
- Chronic heart failure;
- arterial hypertension;
- Kidney disease and kidney failure;
- Obstruction of the biliary tract;
- Diaphragmatic hernia;
- Reflux-esophagitis ;
- Chronic lung diseases;
- cerebral paralysis;
- Brain damage;
- Down's disease.
- When used with sulfonamides, their antibacterial activity decreases;
- Amantadine and quinidine increase the action of Bellastesin;
- In combination with narcotic analgesics can cause dangerous inhibition of the central nervous system;
- In combination with ascorbic acid, MAO inhibitors, guanethidine, reserpine, antacids, Bellastesin's action decreases;
- In combination with M-holinoblokatorami their anticholinergic action is strengthened;
- In combination with antihistamines, their action is enhanced;
- Simultaneous administration with furosemide increases the risk of orthostatic hypotension;
- When applied simultaneously with potassium-containing drugs, the risk of developing intestinal ulcers increases;
- When used simultaneously with hormonal contraceptives, their therapeutic effect decreases;
- In combination with haloperidol and organic nitrates can cause an increase in intraocular pressure.
Similar in mechanism of action and similar in composition are the preparations of Bekarbon, Bellallin, Besalol.
Terms and conditions of storage
Bellastezin is stored in a place protected from moisture and sunlight, inaccessible to children, below 25 ° C. Shelf life - 3 years. Do not take the pill after the expiry date printed on the package.
Bellastesin tablets, 10 pcs. - from 57 rubles.