Bellastezin instructions for use
Bellastezin is a combination drug based on the extract of belladonna (belladonna), which has antispasmodic, local anesthetic and analgesic, antisecretory action.
Release form and composition
Bellastezin is available in tablets, 10 tablets per pack.
The main active ingredients (1 tablet):
- belladonna extract - 15 mg;
- benzocaine (anestezin) - 300 mg.
Auxiliary components: talc, calcium stearate, food gelatin, potato starch.
The antispasmodic action of Bellastezin is caused by the alkaloids belonging to the preparation of the belladonna group of atropine (scopolamine, hyoscyamine, apoatropin). These compounds reduce the tone of the smooth muscles of the gastrointestinal tract, as well as reduce the secretion of salivary, gastric and pancreas, bronchial and sweat glands. The analgesic effect is achieved by the action of a local anesthetic benzocaine (anesthesin).
Indications for use
Indications for use of Bellastezin are:
- stomach cramps and pains with gastritis with high acidity;
- spasms of the gallbladder and biliary tract;
- spasms of the smooth muscles of the intestines and other organs of the abdominal cavity;
- hypersalivation (enhanced salivation).
The drug is contraindicated in:
- mechanical intestinal obstruction;
- atonic constipation;
- acute ulcerative colitis;
- stenosing pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract;
- severe atherosclerosis;
- acute bleeding;
- glaucoma and suspicion of it;
- prostate adenoma;
- individual intolerance of at least one of the components of the drug;
- during pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- at children's age up to 14 years.
Dosing and Administration
The drug is taken orally, 1 tablet twice a day. The tablet is swallowed without chewing, with a glass of water. The maximum allowable daily dosage is 3 tablets. The duration of treatment depends on the type and severity of the disease, the efficacy of using Bellastezin and the type of therapy (either alone or as part of a complex treatment), averaging 3-5 days.
In some cases, the use of Bellastezina can cause undesirable side effects:
- dry mouth and thirst;
- change / loss of taste;
- loss of appetite;
- decreased gallbladder tone;
- urinary retention;
- dizziness and headache;
- speech impairment;
- dilated pupils;
- accommodation disturbance;
- increased intraocular pressure;
- nervous excitement;
- sleep disorder;
- dry skin;
- allergic reactions, rarely anaphylactic shock.
With the ineffectiveness of treatment or deterioration of the patient, the occurrence of side effects of the drug should be stopped immediately.
An overdose of the drug can cause dangerous poisoning , manifested by nausea and vomiting, tachycardia, tachyarrhythmia and myocardial ischemia, hyperthermia, decreased sweating and the development of allergic reactions, inhibition of lactation, reduced potency. If an overdose symptom occurs, immediate withdrawal of the drug and access to a doctor is required. Gastric lavage and symptomatic treatment, cholinomimetics and anticholinesterase agents are administered.
When applying Bellastezin, it is important to consider:
- in the hot season, the use of Bellastezin can provoke heat stroke;
- it is impossible to take the drug for a long time in case of nephrolithiasis (urolithiasis) and cholelithiasis;
- It is not recommended to use Bellastezin to persons whose activity requires an increased concentration of attention, quick psychomotor reactions, including in the management of transport and other mechanisms;
- do not combine taking Bellastezin with alcohol;
- Care must be taken when using the drug for weakened patients and the elderly;
- pregnant women Bellastezin is appointed only after a careful assessment of the ratio of the expected benefits to the mother and the potential risk to the fetus;
- if the use of Bellastezin during lactation is required, breast feeding should be discontinued during treatment;
- There are no clinical data on the efficacy and safety of using Bellastezin in children, so the drug is not used in pediatric practice.
It is recommended to use the drug with caution in certain pathologies, such as:
- coronary heart disease;
- chronic heart failure;
- arterial hypertension;
- kidney disease and kidney failure;
- obstruction of the biliary tract;
- diaphragmatic hernia;
- reflux esophagitis ;
- chronic lung disease;
- cerebral paralysis;
- brain damage;
- Down's disease.
- with simultaneous use with sulfonamides their antibacterial activity decreases;
- amantadine and quinidine enhance the action of Bellastezin;
- in combination with narcotic analgesics can cause dangerous inhibition of the central nervous system;
- in combination with ascorbic acid, MAO inhibitors, guanethidine, reserpine, antacid agents, the effect of Bellastezin is reduced;
- in combination with M-anticholinergic increases their anticholinergic action;
- in combination with antihistamines, their action is enhanced;
- concomitant use with furosemide increases the risk of orthostatic hypotension;
- with simultaneous use with potassium preparations increases the risk of intestinal ulcers;
- with simultaneous use with hormonal contraceptives reduces their therapeutic effect;
- in combination with haloperidol and organic nitrates can cause an increase in intraocular pressure.
Analogs of Bellastezin
Similar on the mechanism of action and similar in composition are preparations Bekarbon, Bellalgin, Besalol.
Terms and conditions of storage
Bellastezin is stored protected from moisture and sunlight, out of the reach of children at a temperature below 25 ° C. Shelf life - 3 years. Do not take pills after the expiration date printed on the package.
Bellastezin tablets, 10 pcs. - from 57 rubles.