Baziron AS instructions for use
Baziron AS is a gel for topical use with antiseptic and keratolytic properties. It is used to treat acne (acne), including those complicated by a bacterial infection. Used only for external use.
Release form and composition
The preparation Baziron AS is produced in the form of a homogeneous white gel. The main active ingredient of this drug is aqueous benzoyl peroxide, which is contained in an amount of 25 mg (2.5% solution), 50 mg (5% solution) and 100 mg (10% solution) per 1 g of gel. Also included in the preparation are such excipients:
- A copolymer of methacrylic acid.
- Poloxamer 182.
- Carbomer 940.
- Pipylene glycol.
- Disodium edetat.
- Docut sodium.
- Colloidal silicon dioxide.
- Sodium hydroxide.
- Purified water.
Baziron AU is produced in an aluminum tube, which contains 40 g of gel with the corresponding concentration of the active substance. In one carton pack contains 1 tube with gel and instructions for use of the drug.
The main active ingredient of the gel Baziron AU is benzoyl peroxide water. This compound has antiseptic properties, inhibits the growth and reproduction of a number of microorganisms. Primarily, this substance is active against the bacteria Propionibacterium acnes (propionobacterium acne) and Staphylococcus epidermidis (epidermal staphylococcus), which are directly involved in the development of acne, and also lead to inflammatory processes in it. The keratolytic effect of the gel Baziron AU is realized due to such pharmacological effects of the main active ingredient:
- Suppression of the sebum production process by the corresponding glands of the skin.
- Improving the exfoliation of dead cells of the upper layer of the skin (epidermis).
- Improving oxygenation (oxygenation) of the skin in the area of acne (due to this property is also suppressed the growth and reproduction of bacteria Propionibacterium acnes, which require oxygen-free conditions).
Due to these antiseptic and keratolytic properties, Baziron AU gel has a therapeutic effect on acne in case of acne. Due to the complex action of the auxiliary components of the drug, benzoyl peroxide water is adsorbed to the skin and its moisture is improved.
After application of Baziron AU gel to the skin, the active substance and auxiliary components are quickly absorbed by the skin and accumulate in it, while their penetration into the systemic circulation is low. The metabolism of benzoyl peroxide occurs directly in the skin cells, where it is converted into water-soluble benzoic acid, absorbed into the bloodstream and, without accumulating in the body tissues, is excreted by the kidneys with urine. The application of the drug to the skin in therapeutic dosage does not lead to systemic changes in the body or a toxic effect. Data on the penetration of metabolites of the active substance through the blood-brain barrier in brain tissue, through the placenta into the body of a developing fetus or into breast milk.
Indications for use
The only indication for the use of the gel for outdoor use Baziron AU is acne.
The use of the drug is contraindicated in children under 12 years and in the presence of individual intolerance to the active substance and auxiliary components of the drug.
Dosage and method of use
Gel for external use Baziron AU applied to the affected surface of the skin, which should be dry and clean. Depending on the severity of acne and severity of acne, the drug is used 1 or 2 times a day (morning and evening). The concentration of the drug is also selected depending on the severity of the pathological process in the skin. Gel Baziron AS for acne of mild to moderate severity is used in isolation as a monotherapy. In severe and significant acne with the formation of ulcers, this drug is used in combination with retinoids (reduce the severity of the process of sebum production) and antibiotics for systemic use in the form of tablet means or drugs for parenteral administration. The course of therapy with gel Baziron AU averages 3 months. Significant clinical improvement and reduction in acne usually occurs within 3 weeks from the start of therapy.
In infrequent cases, with the systematic use of the drug, local irritation of the skin develops in the form of its significant reddening (hyperemia) and peeling. In this case, it is recommended to reduce the frequency of application of the gel or reduce the concentration of the drug. Rarely, allergic dermatitis may develop in response to the use of this drug with the development of skin rashes and itching in the area of application. In this case, the use of gel Baziron AU should be discontinued.
Before you start using the Baziron AU gel, you should carefully read the instructions and pay attention to the special instructions, which include:
- In case of occurrence of pronounced irritation of the skin, manifestations of toxic or allergic dermatitis, the use of the drug should be stopped.
- It is not recommended to apply the gel on the skin with a violation of its integrity.
- Do not allow hit of the drug on the mucous membranes or conjunctiva of the eyes. In case of contact, rinse with plenty of running water.
- During the treatment of acne with gel for external use of Baziron AU, it is desirable to avoid direct sunlight on the areas of its application, as this can lead to significant skin irritation (photosensitization), reddening and the development of flaking.
- Combined use of cosmetic drying and ethanol-containing (alcohol-containing) products is not recommended, as this will lead to a toxic effect.
- When properly applied, Baziron AU gel with other drugs for external and systemic use does not interact.
- The negative effect of the drug on the developing fetus during pregnancy has not been reliably established. However, during pregnancy and breastfeeding, the use of the gel is possible only after a doctor's prescription, when the expected benefit to the mother is higher than the potential risk to the fetus or infant.
- The drug does not affect the speed of psychomotor reactions or concentration.
In pharmacies, topical gel Baziron AU is available without a prescription. If you have questions or doubts about its use, you should consult with your doctor.
With a significant excess of the recommended therapeutic dosage of the drug may develop significant irritation of the skin with its hyperemia and desquamation. In this case, the application of the gel should be stopped, and the skin should be washed with a sufficient amount of running water. Cases of systemic symptoms of drug overdose were not observed.
Analogs Baziron AS
The active substance in the pharmacy network can be found several analogues of the gel for external use Baziron AU - Ugresol, Benzoyl peroxide, Desquam, Proderma.
Terms and conditions of storage
The shelf life of the drug Baziron AU is 3 years from the date of its manufacture. Keep out of the reach of children. It is necessary to store in a dark cool place with a temperature not higher than + 25 ° C.
Baziron AS price
Baziron AS gel for external use of 5%, tube 40 g. - 583 rubles.