Baziron AS operating instructions
Baziron AS is a gel for external use with antiseptic and keratolytic properties. It is used to treat acne (acne), including those complicated by a bacterial infection. Used only for external use.
Form of issue and composition
The preparation Baziron AS is available in the form of a homogeneous gel of white color. The main active ingredient of this drug is aqueous benzoyl peroxide, which is contained in an amount of 25 mg (2.5% solution), 50 mg (5% solution) and 100 mg (10% solution) per 1 g of gel. Also in the composition of the preparation are such auxiliary substances:
- Copolymer of methacrylic acid copolymer.
- Poloxamer 182.
- Carbomer 940.
- Propylene glycol.
- Disodium edetat.
- Dokuzate sodium.
- Colloidal silicon dioxide.
- Sodium hydroxide.
- Purified water.
Basiron AS is produced in an aluminum tube, which contains 40 g of gel with a corresponding concentration of active substance. In one cardboard pack contains 1 tube with gel and instruction on the use of the drug.
The main active substance of the gel Baziron AS is benzoyl peroxide water. This compound has antiseptic properties, suppresses the growth and reproduction of a number of microorganisms. First of all, this substance is active against bacteria Propionibacterium acnes (propionibacterium acne) and Staphylococcus epidermidis (epidermal staphylococcus), which are directly involved in the development of acne, and lead to inflammatory processes in it. Keratolytic action of gel Baziron AS is realized due to such pharmacological effects of the main active substance:
- Suppression of the sebum production process by the corresponding glands of the skin.
- Improved sloughing of deceased cells of the upper layer of the skin (epidermis).
- Improvement of oxygenation (oxygen saturation) of skin in the area of acne (this property also suppresses the growth and reproduction of the bacteria Propionibacterium acnes, for which anoxic conditions are necessary).
Due to these antiseptic and keratolytic properties, the Baziron AS gel has a therapeutic effect against acne in acne. Due to the complex action of the auxiliary components of the drug, the adsorbed benzoyl peroxide of water is dosed into the skin, and its moistening improves.
After application of the Baziron AS gel to the skin, the active ingredient and auxiliary components are rapidly absorbed by the skin and accumulate in it, while their penetration into the systemic blood flow is low. Metabolism of benzoyl peroxide water occurs directly in the skin cells, where it turns into water-soluble benzoic acid, absorbed into the blood and, not accumulating in the tissues of the body, is excreted by the kidneys with urine. The application of the drug on the skin in a therapeutic dosage does not lead to systemic changes in the body or a toxic effect. Data on the penetration of metabolites of the active substance through the blood-brain barrier in the brain tissue, through the placenta into the developing fetus or into breast milk there.
Indications for use
The only indication for the use of the gel for external use Baziron AC is acne (acne).
Contraindications for use
The use of the drug is contraindicated in children under 12 years of age and in the presence of individual intolerance to the active ingredient and auxiliary components of the drug.
Dosage and route of administration
Gel for external use Baziron AC is applied to the affected surface of the skin, which must be dry and clean. Depending on the severity of acne and the severity of the course of acne, the drug is used 1 or 2 times a day (morning and evening). The concentration of the drug is also selected depending on the severity of the pathological process in the skin. Gel Baziron AC with acne of mild and moderate severity is used in isolation as a monotherapy. In severe and severe acne with the formation of abscesses, this drug is used in combination with retinoids (reduce the severity of the sebum production process) and antibiotics for systemic use in the form of tablets or formulations for parenteral administration. The course of gel therapy Baziron AS is 3 months on average. Significant clinical improvement and reduction in the severity of acne usually occurs within 3 weeks after the start of therapy.
In infrequent cases, with systematic use of the drug, local skin irritation develops in the form of its significant reddening (flushing) and flaking. In this case, it is recommended to reduce the frequency of application of the gel or reduce the concentration of the drug. Rarely in response to the use of this drug, allergic dermatitis may develop with the development of a rash on the skin and its itching in the area of application. In this case, the use of Baziron AS gel should be discontinued.
Before using the Basiron AS gel, you should carefully read the instructions and pay attention to special instructions, which include:
- In case of severe irritation of the skin, manifestations of toxic or allergic dermatitis, the use of the drug should be discontinued.
- It is not recommended to apply gel on the skin areas with a violation of its integrity.
- Do not allow the drug to enter the mucous membranes or conjunctiva of the eyes. In case of contact, it is necessary to rinse with plenty of running water.
- During the treatment of acne gel for external use Baziron AC it is advisable to avoid direct sunlight on the areas of its application, as this can lead to significant skin irritation (photosensitization), its reddening and development of peeling.
- It is not recommended to share cosmetic drying and ethanol-containing (alcohol-containing) products, as this will lead to a toxic effect.
- When used correctly, Baziron AC with other medicines for external and systemic use does not interact.
- The negative effect of the drug on the developing fetus during pregnancy is not reliably established. Nevertheless, during pregnancy and breastfeeding, the use of the gel is possible only after the appointment of a doctor, when the expected benefit to the mother is higher than the potential risk to the fetus or infant.
- The drug has no effect on the speed of psychomotor reactions or concentration of attention.
In pharmacies gel for external use Baziron AC is dispensed without a prescription. In case of questions or doubts about its use, consult a physician.
If the recommended therapeutic dosage is significantly exceeded, the development of significant skin irritation with its hyperemia and flaking may occur. In this case, the application of the gel should be stopped and the skin rinsed with a sufficient amount of running water. Cases of systemic symptoms of drug overdose were not observed.
Analogs Baziron AC
According to the active substance in the pharmacy network, you can find several analogues of the gel for external use Baziron AC - Ugresol, Benzoyl peroxide, Desquam, Proderm.
Terms and conditions of storage
The shelf life of the drug Basiron AC is 3 years from the time it was manufactured. Keep away from children. Store in a cool, dark place with a temperature not exceeding + 25 ° C.
Bazironon AC price
Basiron AS gel for external use 5%, tube 40 g. - 583 rub.