Barboval drops instructions for use
Barboval is a combination drug of the barbiturate group. It has a sedative and sedative, vasodilator, hypotensive and antispasmodic action. Weakens intestinal peristalsis.
Release form and composition
Barboval is produced in the form of a solution, in vials of 25 ml. A bottle of tinted glass with a stopper-dropper and control of the primary opening is placed in a cardboard box with instructions.
The main active ingredients (in 1 ml of solution):
- α-bromoisovaleric acid ethyl ester - 18 mg (calculated on the dry matter);
- solution levomentol in menttilizaleriate - 80 mg;
- phenobarbital - 17 mg.
Auxiliary components: sodium acetate trihydrate, rectified ethanol 96%, purified water.
Pharmacodynamics. The effect of the drug due to the action of its constituent components.
The α-bromoisovaleric acid ethyl ester has a reflex soothing and antispasmodic effect by stimulating the receptors of the nasopharynx and oral cavity, reducing the excitability of the central nervous system and enhancing inhibition processes in the subcortical structures of the brain. Also, the active substance inhibits the activity of vasomotor centers, has a local direct antispasmodic effect on smooth muscles.
A solution of levomenthol in menthilizaleriate (validol) has a calming effect on the nervous system, a moderate reflex spasmolytic and vasodilating effect. Reduces flatulence and slows down intestinal peristalsis.
Phenobarbital inhibits the activating effect of the centers of the medulla oblongata on the cerebral cortex, which results in reduced excitation of the brain structures. Depending on the dose of phenobarbital, a sedative, hypnotic or tranquilizing effect is provided. Also, phenobarbital inhibits the excitation of vasomotor centers, coronary and peripheral blood vessels, providing a decrease in blood pressure and preventing the development of vascular spasm (especially heart).
Ethanol, which is part of Barbovula, enhances the effect of each component.
Pharmacokinetics. The drug is rapidly absorbed in the digestive tract. In the stomach partially oxidized. Excreted by the kidneys.
Indications for use
The indications for use of Barbov are:
- neurosis, manifested by insomnia, anxiety, hysteria;
- arterial hypertension in the initial stages, functional tachycardia , mild strokes (Barboval is prescribed as part of complex therapy);
- gastrointestinal cramps, flatulence, intestinal colic.
Barboval is contraindicated:
- with liver failure;
- with renal failure;
- with hepatic porphyria;
- in case of hypersensitivity or intolerance of at least one of the components of the medicinal product;
- under the age of 18;
- during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Dosing and Administration
The solution is taken 20-30 minutes before a meal, orally (the required number of drops is diluted in 50 ml of water), or under the tongue (dripped onto a piece of sugar). Dosages and duration of treatment are determined by the doctor individually, depending on the evidence.
In the absence of other appointments, a single dosage of Barbovala for adults is 10-15 drops. Reception frequency - 2–3 times a day, duration of treatment - 10–15 days. After a two-week break, the treatment course can be repeated.
Barboval is usually well tolerated by patients. In some cases, undesirable side effects may occur:
- on the part of the cardiovascular system - slowing heart rate (bradycardia), arterial hypotension;
- on the part of the hematopoietic system - agranulocytosis, anemia, thrombocytopenia;
- on the part of the nervous system - headache and dizziness, drowsiness, decreased concentration, slowed down psychomotor reactions, weakness and fatigue, confusion;
- on the part of the musculoskeletal system - a violation of osteogenesis (with prolonged use);
- on the part of the digestive system - nausea;
- on the part of the respiratory tract - difficulty breathing;
- allergic reactions - itching and rash, urticaria .
When Barboval dose is reduced, side effects usually disappear.
With long-term treatment, the drug accumulates in the body, which leads to an overdose. The main symptoms of overdose are: ataxia, nystagmus, lowering blood pressure, abnormalities in the blood formula, depression of the central nervous system (eliminated by the use of stimulants of the central nervous system, such as cordiamine, caffeine).
Also, with prolonged use of the drug may be bromizm. Chronic bromine intoxication is manifested by depression and apathy, hemorrhagic diathesis, rhinitis and conjunctivitis, impaired coordination of movements. To eliminate the negative effects of symptomatic therapy.
Barbova's continuous use over the long term may be addictive, drug addictive, withdrawal, and sudden discontinuation of treatment may be withdrawal. In these cases, symptomatic therapy is also carried out. Sometimes with prolonged use of the remedy, a reverse reaction is observed - psychodynamic activity instead of the expected calming effect.
In the appointment and use of Barboval, it is important to consider:
- the drug is not used during pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- the drug is not recommended for people whose work requires increased concentration of attention and quick reactions (when managing transport and other mechanisms), because Barboval causes poor coordination, deterioration of motor and mental reactions, drowsiness, dizziness;
- clinical experience with the use of the drug in children is missing, so it should not be used in pediatric practice.
- the intensification of the effect of Barboval is noted when taken simultaneously with neuroleptics, tranquilizers, and other sedatives;
- the weakening of the effect of Barboval is noted when used simultaneously with neurostimulants;
- Barboval enhances the therapeutic effect of antihypertensive and hypnotic drugs, local anesthetic drugs and analgesics;
- with prolonged concomitant use with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, the risk of stomach ulcers and bleeding increases;
- with simultaneous use with gold preparations increases the likelihood of kidney damage;
- the combination of Barbová with alcohol leads to increased effects and toxicity of the drug;
- when Barbová combined with methotrexate, the toxicity of the latter increases;
- Barboval reduces the effectiveness of drugs metabolized in the liver.
Drugs similar in composition and mechanism of action include: Corvaldin, Corvalol, Darvilol, Valokardin.
Terms and conditions of storage
Barboval is stored in a place protected from sunlight, inaccessible to children at a temperature of up to 25 ° C. Shelf life is 3 years. After the expiration of the retention period indicated on the package, drops cannot be used.
Drops Barboval price
Barboval drops for oral administration, 25 ml dropper bottle. - 56 rubles