Barbovan drops instructions for use
Barboval - a combined drug of the barbiturate group. Has a hypnotic and sedative, vasodilator, hypotensive and antispasmodic effect. Decreases peristalsis of the intestine.
Form of issue and composition
Barboval is available in the form of a solution, in 25 ml vials. A bottle of darkened glass with a stopper and a primary opening tamper is placed in a cardboard box with instructions.
The main active ingredients (in 1 ml of solution):
- ethyl α-bromoisovaleric acid 18 mg (in terms of dry matter);
- solution of levomenthol in mentilizovaleriate - 80 mg;
- phenobarbital - 17 mg.
Auxiliary components: sodium acetate trihydrate, rectified ethanol 96%, purified water.
Pharmacodynamics. The effect of the drug is due to the action of its constituent components.
Ethyl ester of α-bromoisovaleric acid has a reflex calming and spasmolytic effect by stimulating the nasopharynx and oral cavity receptors, reducing the excitability of the central parts of the nervous system, and enhancing the inhibition processes in the subcortical structures of the brain. Also, the active substance inhibits the activity of the vasomotor centers, has a local direct spasmolytic effect on smooth muscles.
The solution of levomenthol in mentilizovaleriat (Validol) has a calming effect on the nervous system, a moderate reflex spasmolytic and vasodilating action. Reduces flatulence and slows intestinal peristalsis.
Phenobarbital suppresses the activating action of the centers of the medulla oblongata on the cortex of the cerebral hemispheres, as a result of which the excitation of brain structures decreases. Depending on the dose of phenobarbital, calming, hypnotic or tranquilizing action is provided. Also, phenobarbital inhibits the excitation of the vasomotor centers, coronary and peripheral blood vessels, ensuring a lowering of blood pressure and preventing the development of vasospasm (especially cardiac vessels).
Ethanol, which is part of the Barbovan, enhances the effect of each component.
Pharmacokinetics. The drug is rapidly absorbed in the digestive tract. The stomach is partially oxidized. It is excreted by the kidneys.
Indications for use
Indications for the use of Barbovan are:
- neuroses, manifested by insomnia, excitability, hysteria;
- arterial hypertension in the initial stages, functional tachycardia , non-severe attacks of angina (Barboval is appointed as part of complex therapy);
- gastrointestinal spasms, flatulence, intestinal colic.
Barbovan is contraindicated:
- with hepatic insufficiency;
- with renal insufficiency;
- with hepatic porphyria;
- with hypersensitivity or intolerance of at least one of the components of the drug;
- under the age of 18;
- during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Dosing and Administration
The solution is taken 20-30 minutes before meals, orally (the required number of drops is diluted in 50 ml of water), or under the tongue (drips on a piece of sugar). Dosages and duration of treatment are determined by the doctor individually, depending on the indications.
In the absence of other prescriptions, a single dosage of Barbovala for adults is 10-15 drops. Multiplicity of admission - 2-3 times a day, the duration of treatment - 10-15 days. After a two-week break, the treatment course can be repeated.
Barbowan is usually well tolerated by patients. In some cases, undesirable side effects can be noted:
- from the cardiovascular system - slowing of the heart rate (bradycardia), arterial hypotension;
- from the hemopoietic system - agranulocytosis, anemia, thrombocytopenia;
- from the side of the nervous system - headache and dizziness, drowsiness, decreased concentration of attention, slowing of psychomotor reactions, weakness and increased fatigue, confusion;
- from the side of the musculoskeletal system - a violation of osteogenesis (with prolonged use);
- from the side of the digestive system - nausea;
- from the respiratory tract - difficulty breathing;
- allergic reactions - skin itching and rash, hives .
With a decrease in the dose of Barbovala, side effects usually go away.
With long-term treatment, the drug accumulates in the body, which leads to an overdose. The main symptoms of overdose are: ataxia, nystagmus, lowering blood pressure, deviations in the blood formula, suppression of the central nervous system (eliminated using central nervous system stimulants, for example cordyamine, caffeine).
Also, prolonged use of the drug may cause bromism. Chronic intoxication with bromine is manifested by depression and apathy, hemorrhagic diathesis, rhinitis and conjunctivitis, a violation of coordination of movements. To eliminate the negative effects of symptomatic therapy.
The constant intake of Barbovala over a long period of time can cause addiction, drug dependence, withdrawal symptoms, and the sudden cessation of treatment - withdrawal syndrome. In these cases, symptomatic therapy is also performed. Sometimes with prolonged use of the remedy, a reverse reaction is noted - psychodynamic activity instead of the expected calming effect.
When appointing and applying Barbovala, it is important to consider:
- the drug is not used during pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- the drug is not recommended for people whose work requires increased concentration of attention and quick reactions (in the management of transport and other mechanisms), as Barbovan causes impaired coordination, worsening motor and mental reactions, drowsiness, dizziness;
- clinical experience of using the drug in children is absent, so it should not be used in pediatric practice.
- an increase in the effect of Barbovala is noted with simultaneous reception with neuroleptics, tranquilizers, other sedatives;
- weakening of the action of Barbovala is noted with simultaneous application with neurostimulants;
- Barbovan enhances the therapeutic effect of hypotensive and hypnotics, local anesthetics and analgesics;
- with prolonged simultaneous administration of the drug with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, the risk of stomach ulcers and bleeding increases;
- when applied simultaneously with gold preparations, the probability of kidney damage increases;
- combination of Barbovala with alcohol leads to an increase in the action and toxicity of the drug;
- when Barbovala is combined with methotrexate, the toxicity of the latter increases;
- Barboval reduces the effectiveness of drugs metabolized in the liver.
To preparations similar in composition and mechanism of action, include: Corvaldine, Corvalol, Darvil, Valocardin.
Terms and conditions of storage
Barbovag is stored in a place protected from exposure to sunlight, inaccessible to children at a temperature of up to 25 ° C. Shelf life is 3 years. After the expiration of the storage period indicated on the package, drops can not be applied.
Drops Barbovale price
Barbovan drops for ingestion, a bottle-dropper 25 ml. - 56 rubles.