Baralgin tablet user manual
Baralgin is an analgesic and antipyretic, belonging to the group of non-narcotic nonsteroidal agents. Has analgesic, antipyretic and mild anti-inflammatory effect.
Form of issue and composition
Baralgin is manufactured in tablets (10 tablets each in a blister pack), in packs of 10, 20, 50 and 100 tablets.
The main active substance is metamizole sodium. In 1 tablet of Baralgina contains 500 mg of metamizole.
Auxiliary components: magnesium stearate, macrogol.
Until 2009, the drug Baralgin in tablets was registered on the territory of the country, which included 3 active ingredients - metamizole sodium, pitofenone, fenpiperinium bromide. Since 2009, the drug Baralgin M, containing only one active substance - metamizole sodium, has been registered and authorized for release through the pharmaceutical network.
Pharmacodynamics. Metamizole belongs to the group of non-narcotic analgesics, derivatives of pyrazolone. It is characterized by analgesic, antipyretic and weak anti-inflammatory action. The mechanism of action due to the inhibition of the synthesis of prostaglandins (involved in the development of pain and inflammation) is similar to the action of other non-narcotic analgesics.
Pharmacokinetics. Metamizole is rapidly absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract, cleaved in the liver to the active metabolite. About 50-60% of the active substance binds to blood plasma proteins. It is excreted mainly by the kidneys. The half-life is 2.7 hours (in patients with cirrhosis this indicator increases to 10 hours). In therapeutic concentrations, the drug is absorbed into breast milk.
Indications for use
Indications for the use of Baralgina is:
- Mild and moderate pain of various origins (headache and toothache, pain in arthritis, radiculitis, myalgia, ischialgia, neuralgia);
- Pain after diagnostic procedures and surgical interventions (Baralgin is appointed as an adjuvant);
- Fever accompanying infectious and inflammatory pathologies (Baralgin is recommended as part of complex therapy);
- Spasm of smooth muscles (with intestinal, hepatic and renal colic, spasms of the bladder and ureter).
Baralgin is contraindicated in the following pathologies:
- Bronchial asthma (including asthma caused by the use of aspirin, salicylates and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) and other pathologies accompanied by bronchospasm;
- Congenital deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- Hepatic porphyria;
- Expressed functional disorders of hematopoiesis (agranulocytosis, infectious and / or cytoplastic neutropenia);
- Development of anaphylactic reactions (edema, urticaria, rhinitis) with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
- Expressed functional disorders of kidney and liver;
- Individual intolerance metamizol and other pyrazolones, other components of the drug;
- Under the age of 15;
- In I and III trimesters of pregnancy.
Dosing and Administration
The recommended dosage of Baralgina for adults is from 0.5 g to 1 g (1-2 tablets), the frequency of application is 2-3 times a day. The maximum daily dosage should not be more than 3 g (6 tablets). Tablets are taken as a whole, washed down with a sufficient amount of water. Duration of treatment should not exceed 3 days when used as an antipyretic agent and not more than 5 days - when used as an analgesic.
Baralgin is usually well tolerated. In some cases, the development of undesirable side effects is likely:
- From the cardiovascular system - a sharp decrease in blood pressure (may occur in patients with a sudden increase in body temperature);
- From the hematopoietic system - agranulocytosis (rare), leukopenia, thrombocytopenia (noted in patients with pathologies of the immune system);
- From the excretory system - transient functional impairment of the kidneys (proteinuria, anuria, oliguria, interstitial nephritis), which usually develop with regular long-term admission of Baralgina or in patients with a history of kidney disease;
- Allergic reactions - a rash on the skin, mucous membranes of the nasopharynx or conjunctiva, Quincke's edema , bronchospasm, anaphylactic shock (very rarely).
With the development of anaphylactic shock, emergency medical attention is required - a slow intravenous injection of adrenaline solution (if necessary, repeated after 15 to 30 minutes). Then, glucocorticoids and antihistamines are injected, the volume of blood is replaced, the heart is massaged.
When taking Baralgina, agranulocytosis may develop, manifested by a worsening of the general condition of the patient, fever, inflammation of the oral mucosa and nasopharynx, and an increase in ESR.
Symptoms of thrombocytopenia are spot hemorrhages on the skin and / or mucous membranes, an increase in the tendency to bleeding. If there are signs of thrombocytopenia or agranulocytosis, Baralgin should be withdrawn.
When an overdose of the drug, nausea and vomiting, hyperthermia, convulsions , stomach pain, lowering of blood pressure and tinnitus, drowsiness, dyspnea, tachycardia , impaired consciousness, paralysis of respiratory muscles are noted.
When these symptoms appear, gastric lavage, the appointment of salt laxatives and sorbents, the implementation of forced diuresis and hemodialysis are required. With the development of convulsive syndrome, diazepam and high-speed barbiturates are intravenously administered.
When applying Baralgin, it is important to know:
- There is a high risk of intolerance in patients with chronic urticaria, intolerance to alcohol, dyes and preservatives (benzoate, tartrazine);
- The use of Baralgina can cause urine to turn red, which is not clinically important and occurs immediately after discontinuation of the drug;
- With prolonged treatment, Baralgin needs control of the composition of peripheral blood;
- You can not use the drug to stop acute pain in the abdomen until the causes that caused the pain syndrome are clarified;
- Do not take Baralgin in high doses to patients with impaired liver and kidney function.
With care, Baralgin is prescribed to patients with:
- Arterial pressure below 100 mm Hg. P.
- Unstable blood circulation (with shock, myocardial infarction, multiple injuries);
- Renal pathologies (glomerulonephritis, pyelonephritis);
- Disturbances in the composition of peripheral blood (including after treatment with cytostatics).
- Barralgin can not be combined with X-ray contrast substances, penicillins, colloidal plasma-substitution solutions (an intolerance reaction may occur);
- Simultaneous reception of Baralgina and cyclosporine leads to a decrease in the concentration of the latter in blood plasma;
- Taking the drug with other non-narcotic analgesics increases the toxic effect of both drugs;
- Phenylbutazone and barbiturates weaken the therapeutic effect of Baralgina;
- Analgesic effect of Baralgina is enhanced by simultaneous reception with sedatives and tranquilizers, codeine, propranolol, H-2 blockers;
- Joint use with phenothiazine derivatives leads to the development of severe hyperthermia;
- With simultaneous reception with oral contraceptives, allopurinol and tricyclic antidepressants, the metabolism of Baralgina in the liver is disrupted and its toxic effect is increased;
- When drinking alcoholic drinks during the reception of Baralgina, the toxic effect of alcohol and drug is increased.
Application during pregnancy and breastfeeding
The drug can be given to pregnant women in the second trimester (from 4 to 6 months) only on strict indications. When used during lactation, breastfeeding should be stopped for 48 hours after taking Baralgina.
Analogues of Baralgin
Structural analogue of Baralgina, containing the same active substance, is the preparation Analgin.
Similar to the mechanism of action, but having a different composition, the preparations include: Antipyrine, Baralgetas, Quintalgin, Maxigan, Spasmalin, Tetralin, Bralangin, Revalgin.
Terms and conditions of storage
The drug is stored in a dry place, protected from sunlight and out of reach of children at room temperature (8 ° C to 25 ° C). Shelf life is 4 years. Tablets can not be taken after the expiration date printed on the package.
Baralgin M tablets 500 mg, 20 pcs. - from 183 rubles.