Baneocin powder: instructions for use
- Baneocin powder: instructions for use
The preparation is available in the form of a fine powder, which is white (a yellowish color is allowed). The powder is packed into polyethylene containers (cans), which are hermetically sealed and have a dispenser. The capacity of each container is 10 g. The container is packed in a cardboard box.
In 1 g of the drug contains:
- zinc bacitracin - 250 IU;
- sulfate neomycin - 5000 IU.
As auxiliary substances are:
- sterilized powder base;
- corn starch in which no more than 2% of magnesium oxide is present.
Antimicrobial antibacterial powder Baneocin is a combined drug containing two main active ingredients (antibiotic), which, when interacting, enhance the properties of each other. Powder Baneocin is able to have a bactericidal effect.
Neomycin is the first active substance of the drug. In its range of bactericidal action is the majority of gram-negative and gram-positive microorganisms.
As for bacitracin, the second active substance of the drug, it mainly affects fusobacteria, actinomycetes, as well as Gram-positive microorganisms (clostridia, staphylococci, hemolytic streptococci, etc.). Stability of the body to bacitrocin is extremely rare in medical practice.
It is also worth noting that Baneocin powder can not affect most fungi and viruses, for example Nacardia and Pseudomonas.
The drug used by the local route can significantly reduce the likelihood of an increased sensitivity of the patient's body to the components that make up its composition.
The drug, as a rule, is well tolerated by the body, and the tissue components, blood and biological products are not capable of deactivating it. Powder Baneocin has a pleasant cooling effect and promotes the flow of natural processes of sweating.
The drug Baneocin is used for prevention and treatment:
- multiple abscesses (ulcers) of sweat glands;
- purulent hydradenitis;
- carbuncles (spilled inflammatory purulent-necrotic foci, embracing a group consisting of several sebaceous glands and hair bulbs);
- Folliculitis (the presence of inflammatory foci in the hair follicles);
- furuncles (inflammatory processes occurring in hair sacs with the presence of purulent accumulations);
- impetigo (purulent lesions of the skin with the formation of crusts);
- contagious infections of skin and mucous membranes (transmitted from an infected person to a healthy person);
- secondary infections with a bacterial etiology;
- chicken pox;
- wound surfaces.
Also, the drug is used in the treatment of the following pathologies:
- abscesses (after the procedure of their opening);
- paronychia (inflammation, flowing in the tissues surrounding the nail plate);
- ectima (a dermatological disease characterized by pustular skin rashes with deep ulceration in the center);
- secondary infections (eczema, ulcers, dermatoses);
- mastitis (inflammatory processes that occur in the mammary ducts of the mammary glands);
- ENT diseases;
- film dermatitis, having a bacterial origin, as well as umbilical infections (in childhood).
Baneocin is also used in the following procedures:
- cosmetic (transplantation and transplantation of skin, ear lobe piercing, etc.);
- episiotomy (postoperative therapy after dissection of the perineum during labor to prevent its rupture);
- laporotomy (after surgical opening of the abdominal cavity).
- The presence of end-to-end defects of the tympanic membrane (if the drug is used to treat the external auditory canal).
- Violations of the vestibular and cochlear systems (if there is a probability of increasing systemic absorption of the drug).
- Extensive area of affected skin.
- Individual intolerance of the components that make up Baneocin.
Use the drug only after consulting a doctor recommended to people who have a place:
- acidification of blood (acidosis);
- propensity to allergic reactions;
- muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis);
- any disturbance of the work of the neuromuscular apparatus, since there is a high risk of the development of neuromuscular conduction disorders. As for the neuromuscular blockade, it can be stopped by taking drugs such as Proserin or calcium supplements.
Pregnancy and lactemia
In these periods, the drug should be used with caution and only after consulting with the appropriate specialist. After all, neomycin, which is part of the powder, like all antibiotics of the aminoglycoside series, can freely penetrate through the placental barrier - from the mother's body to the fetus.
Possible side effects
In most cases, the drug is well tolerated by the body. But sometimes there may be a side effect of Baneocin in the form of:
- systemic effects (malfunctions of neuromuscular conduction, as well as ototoxic and nephrotoxic effects);
- allergic reactions. In almost half the cases, contact type eczema occurs. Also may be present: dryness, itching, redness and various rashes on the skin.
Until now, there have been no known cases of drug overdose.
Dosage and methods of administration
Before using the drug, experts recommend determining the degree of sensitivity of the microflora of the affected area to the powder. To do this, apply a powder to a small area of the wound surface, wait about 5 minutes and evaluate the reaction. If appropriate, it is permissible to use a bandage that increases the effectiveness of the drug.
The powder is applied from 2 to 4 times a day. This dosage is intended for both adults and children. In this case, the daily dose of the powder used should not exceed 1 g. The drug is recommended to be treated with courses. Each course should consist of 7 days. Break - 10 days. During the second course, the dose of the drug should be reduced by half.
If the use of Baneocin powder is prescribed to a patient with burns that occupy 20% or more of the entire area of the skin, the drug should be used no more than 1 time per day.
If the powder is used by a woman during lactation, it must be ensured that the remains of the powder are carefully washed off before breastfeeding. To do this, it is recommended to use a sterile cotton wool soaked in boiled water.
Patients with functional disorders of the kidneys and liver, before and during the intensive therapy with the use of Baneocin powder, it is necessary to conduct blood, urine and ear acuity tests (audiometric analysis).
If the drug is used to treat otitis or dermatoses that occur in chronic form, it should be remembered that Baneocin promotes sensitization (increased sensitivity) of the organism to components of other medications, including neomycin.
If Baneocin is used in combination with furosemide or ethacrynic acid, nephrotic and ototoxic effects may occur.
If the patient has systemic absorption, the simultaneous use of Baneocin with aminoglycoside antibiotics and cephalosporins can lead to the development of toxic effects.
Such a complication, as a neuromuscular blockade, can occur due to the use of Baneocin together:
- with muscle relaxants;
- with anesthetics;
- with opioid analgesics.
The drug can be released without a prescription.
Conditions and shelf life
Baneocin is stored for 2 years in a dry place, protected from light at a temperature that does not exceed + 25 ° C. It should be ensured that the drug does not fall into the hands of children.
Analogues of the drug Baneocin
According to the pharmacological group (aminoglycosides in combinations) analogues of the Baneocin ointment are Polizinaks and Polizinaks Virgo.
Baneocin powder price
Baneocin powder for external use 250 IU / g + 5000 IU / g, a jar of 20 g. - from 315 rubles.