Baneocin powder: instructions for use
- Baneocin powder: instructions for use
The drug is available in the form of fine powder, which has a white color (a yellowish shade is allowed). The powder is packaged in plastic containers (cans), which are sealed and have a dispenser. The capacity of each container is 10 g. The container is packed in a cardboard box.
1 g of the drug contains:
- zinc bacitracin - 250 IU;
- Neomycin sulfate - 5000 IU.
As auxiliary substances are:
- sterilized powder base;
- corn starch, in which there is no more than 2% magnesium oxide.
Antimicrobial antibacterial powder Baneocin is a combination drug containing two main active ingredients (antibiotics), which, when combined, strengthen the properties of each other. Powder Baneotsin able to exert a bactericidal effect.
Neomycin is the first active ingredient of the drug. Its spectrum of bactericidal action includes the majority of gram-negative and gram-positive microorganisms.
As for bacitracin, the second active ingredient of the drug, it mainly affects fuzobakterii, actinomycites, as well as gram-positive microorganisms (clostridia, staphylococcus, hemolytic streptococci, etc.). The resistance of the organism to bacitrocin is an extraordinary rarity in medical practice.
It is also worth noting that Baneocin powder cannot affect most fungi and viruses, for example, Nacardia and Pseudomonas.
The drug used by the local route, can significantly reduce the likelihood of a patient's hypersensitivity to the components that make up it.
The drug is usually well tolerated by the body, and tissue components, blood and biological products are not able to deactivate it. Baneocin powder has a pleasant cooling effect and contributes to the flow of natural perspiration.
The drug Baneocin is used for the prevention and treatment of:
- multiple abscesses (abscesses) of sweat glands;
- purulent hydradenitis;
- carbuncles (spilled inflammatory purulent-necrotic foci, encompassing a group consisting of several sebaceous glands and hair follicles);
- folliculitis (the presence of inflammatory foci in the hair follicles);
- boils (inflammatory processes occurring in the hair follicles with the presence of purulent accumulations);
- impetigo (purulent lesion of the skin with the formation of crusts);
- contagious infections of the skin and mucous membranes (transmitted from an infected person to a healthy one);
- secondary infections with bacterial etiology;
- chicken pox;
- wound surfaces.
Also, the drug is used in the treatment of the following pathologies:
- abscesses (after the procedure of opening them);
- paronychia (inflammation that occurs in the tissues surrounding the nail plate);
- ecthyma (dermatological disease, which is characterized by pustular rash on the skin with the presence of deep ulcerations in the center);
- secondary infections (eczema, ulcers, dermatosis);
- mastitis (inflammatory processes occurring in the milk-carrying ducts of the mammary glands);
- ENT diseases;
- film dermatitis with bacterial origin, as well as umbilical infections (in childhood).
Baneocin is also used in the following procedures:
- cosmetology (transplantation and transplantation of the skin, piercing the earlobe, etc.);
- episiotomy (postoperative therapy after dissection of the perineum during childbirth in order to prevent its rupture);
- laparotomy (after surgical opening of the abdominal cavity).
- The presence of end-to-end defects of the eardrum (if the drug is used to treat the external auditory canal).
- Violations of the vestibular and cochlear systems (in the presence of the likelihood of increased systemic absorption of the drug).
- Extensive area of the affected skin.
- Individual intolerance to the components that make up Baneocin.
Use the drug only after consulting a doctor is recommended for people who have a place:
- blood acidification (acidosis);
- tendency to allergic reactions;
- muscle weakness (myasthenia);
- any disorder of the neuromuscular apparatus, since there is a high risk of neuromuscular conduction function disorders. As for the neuromuscular blockade, it can be stopped by taking such means as Proserin or calcium supplements.
Pregnancy and lactation
During these periods, the drug should be used with caution and only after consultation with the appropriate specialist. After all, neomycin, which is part of the powder, like all aminoglycoside antibiotics, can easily pass through the placental barrier - from the mother's body to the fetus.
Possible side effects
In most cases, the drug is well tolerated by the body. But sometimes the side effect of Baneocin may appear in the form:
- systemic effects (neuromuscular conduction failure, as well as ototoxic and nephrotoxic effects);
- allergic reactions. In almost half of the cases, eczema of the contact type occurs. Also may be present: dryness, itching, redness and various rashes on the skin.
So far, no cases of drug overdose have been known.
Dosage and administration
Before using the drug, experts recommend determining the degree of sensitivity of the microflora of the affected area to the powder. To do this, apply a powder on a small area of the wound surface, wait about 5 minutes and evaluate the reaction. If appropriate, it is permissible to use a dressing that increases the effectiveness of the drug.
Powder is applied from 2 to 4 times a day. This dosage is intended for both adults and children. In this case, the daily dose of the powder used should not exceed 1 g. The drug is recommended to be treated by courses. Each course should consist of 7 days. Break - 10 days. During the second course, the dose of the drug should be halved.
If the use of Baneocin powder is prescribed to a patient with burns that occupy 20% or more of the total skin area, the drug should be used no more than 1 time per day.
If the powder is used by a woman during lactation, it is necessary to ensure that the remnants of the powder are thoroughly washed off the breast before the procedure of breastfeeding. For this purpose it is recommended to use sterile cotton dipped in boiled water.
Patients with the presence of functional disorders of the kidneys and liver, before and during the course of intensive therapy using Baneocin powder, should be tested for blood, urine and hearing acuity (audiometric analysis).
If the drug is used to treat otitis or dermatosis, which occur in a chronic form, it must be remembered that Baneocin promotes sensitization (hypersensitivity) of the body to components of other drugs, including neomycin.
If baneocin is used in combination with furosemide or ethacrynic acid, nephrotic and ototoxic effects may occur.
If the patient has systemic absorption, the simultaneous use of Baneocin with aminoglycoside antibiotics and cephalosporins can lead to the development of toxic effects.
A complication such as neuromuscular blockade may occur due to the use of Baneocin together:
- with muscle relaxants;
- with anesthetics;
- with opioid analgesics.
The drug can be released without a prescription.
Terms and conditions of storage
Baneotsin is stored for 2 years in a dry place, protected from light at a temperature that does not exceed + 25⁰С. You need to ensure that the drug does not fall into the hands of children.
Analogues of the drug Baneocin
According to the pharmacological group (aminoglycosides in combination), analogs of the Baneocin ointment are Polygynax and Polygynax Virgo.
Baneocin powder Price
Baneotsin powder for external use 250 IU / g + 5000 IU / g, a jar of 20 g - from 315 rubles.