Bactisubtil instructions for use
The drug Bactisubtil belongs to the group of combined pharmacological agents used to normalize the microflora and the functional activity of the intestine - eubiotics. This drug has a therapeutic effect in various functional disorders of the intestine, accompanied by a change in its normal microflora.
Form of issue and composition
Capsules Bactisubtil contain a combination of various components, which include:
- Spores of bacteria Bacillus cereus IP 5832 in the amount of 10 9 (1 billion) in powder form is the main active ingredient.
- Calcium carbonate - 25 mg.
- Kaolin - 100 mg.
The capsule shell contains gelatin and titanium dioxide (E 171). Capsules are packaged in a blister pack of 20 pieces. One cardboard pack contains 1 blister.
Bactisubtil is an eubiotic. It contains viable spores of bacteria Bacillus cereus IP 5832. After ingestion, spores are converted in the intestine into a vegetative form of bacteria that secrete specific antibacterial substances that suppress the growth and multiplication of bacteria belonging to pathogenic (pathogenic) and opportunistic pathogens. The active bacteria of the preparation synthesize lactic acid, which prevents the development of fermentation and rotting processes in the intestine. Bacterial enzymes contribute to the better cleavage of proteins, carbohydrates and lipids that make up human food. Due to this, when taking the drug, its local (in the intestine) antimicrobial, antidiarrhoeal effect is realized. It also contributes to the normalization of microflora in the lumen and on the intestinal mucosa. Bacterial spores are resistant to the effects of gastric juice, their transformation into vegetative forms occurs only in the small intestine.
Indications for use
The use of capsules Bactisubtil is indicated in the development of pathological processes or functional disorders of the intestine, which include:
- Acute or chronic diarrhea (diarrhea), unstable stool with periodic development of constipation - functional disorders of the intestine, caused by various, including infectious, causes.
- Dysbacteriosis of the intestine - a violation of the quantitative and qualitative ratio of the intestinal microflora, with the predominance of pathogenic and opportunistic bacteria. At the same time, functional insufficiency of digestion processes develops, accompanied by flatulence (accumulation of gases in the intestine), periodic spastic abdominal pain and unstable stool with frequent development of diarrhea.
- Enteritis - an inflammatory process in the mucosa of the small intestine.
- Enterocolitis - pathological processes in the mucosa, which affect the small and large intestine.
Bactisubtil capsules are also used to prevent functional disorders of the gastrointestinal tract during and after chemotherapy or radiotherapy.
Contraindications for use
Capsules Bactisubtil are generally well tolerated, the only contraindication to their use is the presence of an individual intolerance to one of the components of the drug.
Dosing and Administration
Capsules Bactisubtil taken internally, without chewing, they are washed down with a sufficient amount of liquid. In acute pathological inflammatory processes in the intestine, the drug is taken 1 capsule 4-6 times a day. For the prevention of functional disorders of the intestine and for its chronic diseases take 1 capsule 2-3 times a day. The drug is taken 1 hour before meals. The course of therapy is set individually, depending on the type and severity of the pathological process in the intestine. The average recommended course of treatment with capsules is 7-14 days. For children under 12 years of age, the number of capsules taken during the day is less than that of adults. At the age of 3 to 12 years - 1 capsule 2-3 times a day for the treatment of acute intestinal pathology or 1 capsule 1-2 times a day in chronic course. For the convenience of taking children up to 3 years old, the capsule can be broken in half, its contents poured into the dishes and dissolved in a small volume of milk, water, juice or compotes of room temperature, after which the solution is given to drink to the child.
The drug is well tolerated. In rare cases, it is possible to develop allergic reactions, which may be manifested by the appearance of a rash on the skin, its itching. With a more pronounced course of an allergic reaction, urticaria is possible (a characteristic rash and swelling that resembles a nettle burn). Cases of the development of severe allergic reactions in the form of edema Quincke (angioedema, swelling of the skin and subcutaneous tissue with predominant localization on the face and external genital organs) and anaphylactic shock (the development of multi-organ failure in the background of a progressive decrease in systemic blood pressure) have not been recorded.
The drug is taken after his appointment as a doctor. Before taking capsules Bactisubtil, you should carefully read the instructions for their use. It is important to pay attention to such specific instructions to use the drug:
- The drug can be taken with drugs from other pharmacological groups, since it does not interact with most of them. Nevertheless, in case of taking any other drugs, it is advisable to inform the attending physician about it.
- You can not take alcohol during the application of Bactisubtil capsules - this can provoke the death of spores even before they turn into vegetative forms of bacteria in the lumen of the small intestine.
- Simultaneous intake of the drug and hot drinks (tea, coffee) should be excluded, since high temperatures can adversely affect the viability of bacterial spores.
- The use of Bactisubtil Capsules during pregnancy or lactation is only possible under the supervision and supervision of the attending physician.
- The drug does not affect the speed of psychomotor reactions and concentration of attention.
In pharmacies, Bactisubtil capsules are dispensed by prescription. You can not use them without an appropriate survey or on the recommendations of third parties. In case of doubt or questions, consult a physician.
Cases of drug overdose are not registered. In the case of a significant excess of the dose, even without the development of any symptoms or manifestations, it is necessary to seek medical help.
At the moment, there are no drugs analogous to the active substance. For the selection of an eubiotic preparation containing other types of bacteria or their spores, it is necessary to consult a physician.
Terms and conditions of storage
The shelf life of capsules Bactisubtil from the time of their manufacture is 2 years. The drug should be stored in a dark, dry place inaccessible to children at an air temperature of not more than + 25 ° C.
Bactisubtil capsules 35 mg, 20 pcs. - from 615 rubles.