Bacteriophage streptococcal instructions for use
Streptococcal bacteriophage is a representative of the pharmacological group of medicines - immunobiological preparations. In its composition it contains specific live bacteriophage viruses that are capable of destroying bacteria of the genus Streptococcus (streptococci). It is used for etiotropic therapy (treatment aimed at eliminating the effect of the causative factor of the disease) of the infectious pathological process of various localization in the human body caused by streptococci.
Form of issue and composition
Streptococcal bacteriophage is made in the form of a clear solution without the presence of impurities, sediment or flakes. It contains bacterial lysate (components of staphylococcal cell structures that possess antigenic properties), living bacteriophages and preservative (quinazole). The solution is produced in ampoules of 10 ml (one cardboard pack contains 10 ampoules) and in glass bottles of 25, 50 and 100 ml.
The main active component of the drug is a bacteriophage. These are specific viruses that are able to penetrate into the sensitive bacterial cells, built into the genome. In this case, intracellular multiplication of bacteriophages takes place, leading to energy exhaustion, destruction (lysis), and death of bacteria. Streptococcal bacteriophage is active against various types of streptococci. Also, the composition of the drug includes lysate (components of destroyed cells, dissolved in a preservative), which have immunological activity and stimulate the formation of a specific immune response in the body.
After the drug is injected into the tissue or applied to the skin, mucous membranes, streptococcal bacteriophages penetrate into the bacterial cells. Their number increases, then as the bacteria die, their numbers decrease. After the complete destruction of streptococci, the remains of the bacteriophage are absorbed by the macrophages and disposed of.
Indications for use
The main indication for the use of streptococcal bacteriophage is an infectious pathological process caused by various streptococci with different localization and severity of the course. The main diseases include:
- Purulent inflammatory processes in the ENT organs and upper respiratory tract - streptococcal rhinitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane of the nasal cavity), sinusitis (infectious process in the paranasal sinuses), tonsillitis (parasitizing streptococcus in the tonsils), pharyngitis (inflammation of the pharynx) and laryngitis (inflammation of the mucosa larynx).
- Infection of the lower respiratory tract - tracheitis (trachea injury), bronchitis (infection in the bronchi) and pneumonia (pneumonia).
- Purulent-inflammatory processes in the skin, accompanied by the development of pustules, up to a vast purulent process (pyoderma).
- Urogenital infections - inflammation of the urinary organs (kidneys, ureters, bladder, urethra) and sexual (inflammation of the uterine appendages in women, acute or chronic prostatitis in men) of the system.
- Infection of the digestive system - enterocolitis (inflammation of the small and large intestine), cholecystitis (inflammation of the gallbladder), empyema (purulent process) of the gallbladder, pancreatitis (streptococcal infection of the pancreas).
- Streptococcal abscess (limited cavity filled with pus) of soft tissues of any location.
- Purulent-inflammatory diseases of newborns of any location caused by parasitizing streptococci.
- Sepsis - the infection of blood with streptococcus, with its spread throughout the body and the formation of purulent foci in various organs and tissues.
- Prevention of the development of bacterial streptococcal complications in injuries and surgical interventions, accompanied by a violation of the integrity of the skin or mucous membranes.
The main condition is the presence of sensitive strains of streptococcal bacteria.
Contraindications for use
Streptococcal bacteriophage is not used in the presence of an infectious pathological process caused by drug strains that are not sensitive to the drug. There are no absolute contraindications to its use.
Dosing and Administration
For the treatment of streptococcal infection, its prevention, streptococcal bacteriophage is used in various ways, depending on the main localization of the infectious process in the body:
- Irrigation of the surface of the mucous membranes or skin in the area of the inflammatory infectious process. For the treatment of streptococcal bladder infection and internal genitalia, they are catheterized with subsequent administration of the solution through a catheter. If there is inflammation in the subcutaneous tissue, the drug is injected with subcutaneous or intramuscular injection.
- The introduction of gauze turunda, moistened in solution, into the cavity of the external ear, nasal passages with the appropriate localization of the pathological process.
- Inhalation of aerosol solution for etiologic therapy of inflammation of the upper and lower respiratory tract.
- Ingestion (oral administration) of a solution of streptococcal bacteriophage in the presence of an infectious process in the upper parts of the digestive tract. The volume of oral solution depends on the severity of the infection and human age, it varies from 5-15 ml (small children) to 25-40 ml (children over 8 years and adults).
- Rectal administration (introduction to the cavity of the rectum) for the therapy of a pathological infectious process in the lower parts of the gastrointestinal tract. The volume of the injected solution depends on the age, varies from 10 ml (small children) to 30-50 ml (children older than 8 years and adults).
For a sufficient therapeutic effect, the drug is recommended to be applied 2-3 times a day. Ingestion is recommended for 40-60 minutes before meals. The duration of treatment is an average of 7 to 20 days. With preventive use of the drug it is used once a day, the duration of the course is set individually.
Development of negative reactions and their manifestations in case of application of the recommended therapeutic dose of the drug are not registered.
Before you start using streptococcal bacteriophage, you need to pay attention to a number of special instructions, which include:
- Before the start of the use of the preparation, a bacteriological study of the biological material with identification of the causative agent, its identification and determination of sensitivity to the streptococcal bacteriophage must be carried out.
- Combined combined use of a streptococcal bacteriophage solution with antibiotics is allowed, since they only affect bacterial cells, do not have a negative effect on bacteriophages and do not reduce their activity.
- In the case of pre-treatment of the mucous membrane or skin with chemical antiseptics, such area should be rinsed with a sufficient amount of water. This is necessary to prevent the negative effect of antiseptics on the bacteriophage (antiseptics have a damaging effect on bacteria, viruses and fungal infection).
- If necessary, the use of streptococcal bacteriophage for pregnant women (at any time of pregnancy) and lactating women under medical supervision of the treating doctor is allowed.
- If a precipitate, flakes or cloudiness appear in the solution, the use of the drug is excluded.
- The solution of streptococcal bacteriophage does not affect the concentration of attention and the speed of psychomotor reactions of a person.
In the pharmacy network, a streptococcal bacteriophage is dispensed only on prescription. Its therapeutic effectiveness is possible only with adequate application after appropriate examination and detection of the presence of sensitive strains of streptococcal bacteria.
Symptoms of an overdose when using a streptococcal bacteriophage are unknown.
Streptococcal bacteriophage is released only in one dosage form in the form of a solution. There are also no other trade names for the drug with the relevant active substance (bacteriophage).
Terms and conditions of storage
Unprinted ampoules or vials can be stored for 2 years from the moment of manufacture of streptococcal bacteriophage with the obligatory observance of the temperature regime (the temperature interval for correct storage is +2 + 8 ° C). After unpacking the drug, it can be stored in the refrigerator for several days. When transporting for a period of not more than 30 days, a temperature regime up to + 25 ° C is allowed. The product should be protected from children.
Bacteriophage Streptococcus price
Bacteriophage streptococcal solution for oral, local and external use, 10 pcs. - from 700 rubles.