Bacteriophage Streptococcal instructions for use
Streptococcal bacteriophage is a representative of the pharmacological group of drugs - immunobiological preparations. In its composition, it contains specific live bacteriophage viruses that can destroy bacteria of the genus Streptococcus (Streptococcus). It is used for etiotropic therapy (treatment aimed at eliminating the impact of the causative factor of the disease) of an infectious pathological process of various localization in the human body caused by streptococci.
Release form and composition
Streptococcal bacteriophage is made in the form of a transparent solution without the presence of impurities, sediment or flakes. It contains a bacterial lysate (components of the cellular structures of staphylococci with antigenic properties), live bacteriophages and a preservative (chinosol). The solution is available in 10 ml ampoules (one carton pack contains 10 ampoules) and in 25, 50, and 100 ml glass bottles.
The main active ingredient of the drug is bacteriophage. These are specific viruses that are able to penetrate sensitive bacterial cells and integrate into the genome. When this occurs, the intracellular multiplication of bacteriophages, leading to energy depletion, destruction (lysis) and death of bacteria. Streptococcal bacteriophage is active against various types of streptococci. The preparation also contains lysate (components of destroyed cells dissolved in preservative), which have immunological activity and stimulate the formation of a specific immune response in the body.
After the introduction of the drug into the tissue or its application to the skin, mucous membranes, streptococcal bacteriophages penetrate the bacterial cells. Their number increases, then as the death of bacteria, their number decreases. After the complete destruction of streptococci, bacteriophage residues are absorbed by macrophages and utilized.
Indications for use
The main indication for the use of streptococcal bacteriophage is an infectious pathological process caused by various streptococci with different localization and severity. The main diseases include:
- Purulent inflammatory processes in the upper respiratory tract and upper respiratory tract - streptococcal rhinitis (inflammation of the nasal mucosa), sinusitis (infection in the paranasal sinuses), tonsillitis (parasitism of streptococcus in the tonsils), pharyngitis (inflammation of the pharynx) and laryngitis ( laryngitis ) and laryngitis ( laryngitis ) and laryngitis (inflammation of the pharynx) larynx).
- Infection of the lower respiratory tract - tracheitis (tracheal disease), bronchitis (infection of the bronchi) and pneumonia (pneumonia).
- Purulent-inflammatory processes in the skin, accompanied by the development of pustules, up to an extensive purulent process (pyoderma).
- Urogenital infections are inflammation of the urinary organs (kidneys, ureters, bladder, urethra) and sexual (inflammation of the uterus in women, acute or chronic prostatitis in men) of the system.
- Infection of the digestive system - enterocolitis (inflammation of the small and large intestines), cholecystitis (inflammation of the gallbladder), empyema (purulent process) of the gallbladder, pancreatitis (streptococcal infection of the pancreas).
- Streptococcal abscess (limited cavity filled with pus) of soft tissues of any localization.
- Purulent-inflammatory diseases of newborns of any localization caused by parasitism of streptococci.
- Sepsis - infection of the blood by streptococcus with its spread throughout the body and the formation of purulent foci in various organs and tissues.
- Prevention of the development of bacterial streptococcal complications of injuries and surgical interventions, accompanied by violation of the integrity of the skin or mucous membranes.
The main condition is the presence of sensitive strains of streptococcus bacteria.
Streptococcal bacteriophage is not used in the presence of an infectious pathological process caused by bacterial strains that are not sensitive to the drug. There are no absolute contraindications to its use.
Dosage and administration
For the treatment of streptococcal infection, its prevention streptococcal bacteriophage is used in various ways, depending on the main localization of the infectious process in the body:
- Irrigation of the surface of the mucous membranes or skin in the area of the inflammatory infectious process. For the treatment of streptococcal infections of the bladder and internal genital organs, their catheterization is carried out followed by the introduction of the solution through the catheter. If there is inflammation in the subcutaneous tissue, the drug is injected by subcutaneous or intramuscular injection.
- Introduction of gauze turunda soaked in solution into the cavity of the outer ear, nasal passages with appropriate localization of the pathological process.
- Inhalation of the aerosol solution for the etiological treatment of inflammation of the upper and lower respiratory tract.
- Ingestion (oral administration) of a streptococcal bacteriophage solution in case of an infection in the upper digestive tract. The volume of the solution taken orally depends on the severity of the infectious process and the age of a person, it varies from 5-15 ml (small children) to 25-40 ml (children over 8 years old and adults).
- Rectal administration (administration to the rectal cavity) for the treatment of a pathological infection process in the lower parts of the gastrointestinal tract. The volume of the injected solution depends on the age, varies from 10 ml (small children) to 30-50 ml (children over 8 years old and adults).
For a sufficient therapeutic effect, the drug is recommended to be used 2-3 times a day. Reception inside is recommended to be carried out in 40-60 minutes prior to food. The duration of the course of treatment is on average from 7 to 20 days. With the prophylactic use of the drug it is used 1 time per day, the duration of the course is set individually.
The development of negative reactions and their manifestations in the case of the application of the recommended therapeutic dose of the drug is not registered.
Before you start using streptococcal bacteriophage, you need to pay attention to a number of special instructions, which include:
- Before starting to use the drug, bacteriological examination of biological material is carried out with the release of the pathogen, its identification and determination of sensitivity to streptococcal bacteriophage.
- Combined use of streptococcal bacteriophage with antibiotics is allowed, as they affect only bacterial cells, do not have a negative effect on bacteriophages and do not reduce their activity.
- In the case of pre-treatment of the mucous membrane or skin with chemical antiseptics, this area should be washed with a sufficient amount of water. This is necessary in order to prevent the negative effect of antiseptics on the bacteriophage (antiseptics have a damaging effect on bacteria, viruses and fungal infection).
- If necessary, the use of streptococcal bacteriophage for pregnant women (at any gestational age) and lactating women under medical supervision of the attending physician is allowed.
- In the case of a precipitate in the solution, flakes or cloudiness, the use of the drug is excluded.
- The solution of streptococcal bacteriophage does not affect the concentration of attention and the speed of psychomotor reactions of a person.
In the pharmacy network, streptococcal bacteriophage is released only by prescription. Its therapeutic efficacy is possible only with adequate use after appropriate examination and determination of the presence of sensitive strains of streptococcal bacteria.
Symptoms of overdose when using streptococcal bacteriophage are unknown.
Streptococcal bacteriophage is available in only one dosage form as a solution. There are also no other trade names of the drug with the appropriate active ingredient (bacteriophage).
Terms and conditions of storage
Unopened ampoules or vials can be stored for 2 years from the time of manufacture of streptococcal bacteriophage with the obligatory observance of temperature (temperature range for proper storage is +2 + 8 ° C). After printing, the drug can be stored in the refrigerator for several days. When transporting for a period of not more than 30 days, the temperature is allowed up to + 25 ° C. The drug must be protected from children.
Bacteriophage streptococcal price
Bacteriophage streptococcal solution for ingestion, local and external use, 10 pcs. - from 700 rubles.