Bacteriophage Staphylococcal instruction manual
Staphylococcal bacteriophage is an immunobiological drug that contains specific viruses capable of affecting sensitive bacterial cells. This drug is used only in the presence of an infectious process in the body caused by bacteria of the genus Staphylococcus (staphylococcus).
Form of issue and composition
There are several medicinal forms of the staphylococcal bacteriophage. The solution is available in glass bottles with a volume of 20, 50 and 100 ml. It contains lyophilizate (cell components) of staphylococcus bacteria, live bacteriophages and a preservative (quinazole). The solution is a dark yellow transparent liquid with no impurities or precipitate.
The solution of the staphylococcus bacteriophage contains specific viruses (bacteriophages) that can penetrate only into susceptible bacterial cells. They are built into the genome of the bacterial cell, change its metabolism, which leads to the synthesis of new bacteriophages. This in turn leads to damage (lysis) and death of the bacterium, the emergence of non-new bacteriophages that penetrate the new sensitive bacterial cells. The cells of the human body and other bacteria staphylococcus bacteriophage is not affected. The spectrum of the effectiveness of this bacteriophage extends only to bacteria belonging to the genus Staphylococcus (staphylococcus), which cause a pathological infectious process of various localization in the human body, in particular Staphylococcus aureus (Staphylococcus aureus). The presence of lysate (components of staphylococcal bacterial cells) in solution has a stimulating effect on the development of a specific antibacterial immune response.
After local administration of the solution of the staphylococcal bacteriophage directly into the region of the focus of the inflammatory infectious process, the bacteriophage practically does not enter the systemic bloodstream, it directly affects the staphylococcal bacterial cells that are localized in the inflammatory focus. Bacteriophage exists only if there is a staphylococcal infection. After the destruction of all bacterial cells, the amount of bacteriophage particles decreases, and it is gradually eliminated (removed) from human tissues (most of the residues of these specific viral particles are absorbed and inactivated by the cells of the immune system by macrophages).
Indications for use
The solution of staphylococcal bacteriophage is used to treat infectious processes in the body of various localizations caused by strains of bacteria of the genus Staphylococcus sensitive to it. Most often these bacteria cause such diseases:
- Purulent and infiltrative lesions of the skin and subcutaneous tissue - furuncle (purulent inflammation of one hair follicle), carbuncle (purulent process involving several hair follicles), abscess (limited cavity filled with pus) subcutaneous tissue and soft tissues, phlegmon (leakage of intercellular substance pus) and hydradenitis (bacterial damage to the sweat glands of the skin).
- Infectious process in the upper respiratory tract - staphylococcal rhinitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane of the nasal cavity), sinusitis (pathological process in the paranasal sinuses), otitis (ear inflammation), pharyngitis (inflammation of the pharynx), laryngitis (staphylococcus in the larynx), staphylococcal tonsillitis inflammation of the tonsils).
- Infectious pathological process in the lower respiratory tract - tracheitis (localization of infection in the mucosa of the trachea), bronchitis (pathological process in the bronchi) or pneumonia (pneumonia).
- Urogenital infectious process - characterized by bacterial damage to the organs of the urinary system (kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra) and genital organs.
- Staphylococcal lesions of the digestive system - enterocolitis (inflammatory process of the small and large intestine), cholecystitis (pathological process in the gallbladder), inflammation of the cellulose around the liver with the development of phlegmon or abscess in it. Also, the staphylococcal bacteriophage is used for intestinal dysbiosis (violation of the ratio of normal and conditionally pathogenic flora of the intestine), in which the number of staphylococcal bacteria increases.
- Purulent inflammatory processes in the body of a newborn of any localization, caused by parasitizing staphylococci.
- Purulent-inflammatory process in the organs of the musculoskeletal system - infectious arthritis (joint damage), periarthritis (inflammation of the periarticular tissues).
- Prophylactic use to prevent purulent bacterial complications after various injuries associated with disruption of the integrity of the skin or mucous membranes.
- Generalized staphylococcal infection - sepsis (blood infection), at which bacteria spread throughout the body, their deposition in various tissues and organs with the development of secondary purulent processes.
An important condition for the use of a staphylococcal bacteriophage is the presence of sensitivity of bacterial cells to it.
Contraindications for use
Absolute contraindications to the use of a solution of a staphylococcal bacteriophage are absent. Relative contraindications requiring deferment of the use of this immunobiological drug are determined by the physician on an individual basis. Staphylococcal bacteriophage is not used in the absence of sensitivity to it in the causative agent of the infectious pathological process.
Dosing and Administration
The method of administration or application of a solution of a staphylococcal bacteriophage depends on the location of the infectious process in the human body:
- In the pathology of the sexual organs of a woman, the solution is used in the form of irrigation or application of the mucous membrane.
- When the skin, subcutaneous tissue, soft tissues are affected, the solution is used in the form of washing the area of the inflammatory or purulent process. Intradermal or subcutaneous administration of the solution is also possible.
- In case of localization of the infectious process in the digestive tract, the solution is administered into the rectum (rectal administration) or its oral (through the mouth) use.
- In the case of upper or lower respiratory tract disease, irrigation of the mucous membranes or inhalation of the aerosol is carried out.
- When the external or middle ear is damaged, the mucous membrane of the nasal cavity is used to instill the solution.
The recommended dosages of the drug depend on the person's age, mode of administration and the severity of the pathological infectious process. For oral and rectal administration, the drug can be used by children from the moment of birth. The duration of the course of treatment also depends on the severity of the course of staphylococcal infection, an average of 7-20 days. In case of relapse (exacerbation), the drug can be reused up to several times throughout the year.
After using a solution of a staphylococcal bacteriophage, the incidence of side effects has not been documented.
The use of a solution of a staphylococcal bacteriophage should be carried out taking into account the specific instructions:
- Before starting the use of a solution of a staphylococcal bacteriophage, a mandatory bacteriological study is necessary, with the release of staphylococcus and its sensitivity to the drug.
- In the case of solutions of local chemical antiseptics (chemical compounds that destroy various types of infection), the area of treatment with a staphylococcal bacteriophage must be thoroughly rinsed with water, since antiseptic residues can lead to the death of bacteriophages.
- The drug can be used during pregnancy or breast-feeding only after the appointment of a doctor.
- The solution does not affect the speed of psychomotor reactions and a person's ability to concentrate.
- Staphylococcal solution can be used in combination with antibiotics, since they do not adversely affect the viability of bacteriophages.
- Do not use a cloudy solution, if there is sediment or flakes in it.
In the pharmacy network, the drug is released only on prescription. Its use will be effective only after an appropriate examination and appointment of a doctor.
Cases and symptoms of an overdose of a solution of a staphylococcal bacteriophage have not been described.
There are dosage forms of a staphylococcal bacteriophage in the form of an aerosol, suppositories (suppositories) and tablets.
Terms and conditions of storage
Unopened solution of a staphylococcus bacteriophage can be stored for 3 years from the moment of its manufacture. Storage is possible only at a temperature of +2 to +8 ° C (the temperature is allowed to + 30 ° C when transporting the drug, the duration should not exceed 30 days). The solution must be stored out of the reach of children.
Bacteriophage staphylococcus, 100 ml - from 782 rubles.