Bacteriophage staphylococcal instructions for use
Staphylococcal bacteriophage is an immunobiological drug that contains specific viruses that can affect sensitive bacterial cells. This drug is used only in the presence of an infectious process in the body caused by bacteria of the genus Staphylococcus (Staphylococcus).
Release form and composition
There are several dosage forms of staphylococcal bacteriophage. The solution is available in 20, 50, and 100 ml glass bottles. It contains the lyophilisate (cell components) of Staphylococcus bacteria, live bacteriophages and the preservative (chinosol). The solution is a dark yellow transparent liquid with no impurities or sediment.
The staphylococcal bacteriophage solution contains specific viruses (bacteriophages) that are able to penetrate only susceptible bacterial cells. They are integrated into the genome of the bacterial cell, change its metabolism, which leads to the synthesis of new bacteriophages. This in turn leads to damage (lysis) and the death of the bacteria, the release of non-new bacteriophages, which penetrate into new, sensitive bacterial cells. The cells of the human body and other bacteria do not affect the staphylococcal bacteriophage. The spectrum of efficacy of this bacteriophage extends only to bacteria of the genus Staphylococcus (staphylococcus), which cause a pathological infectious process of various localization in the human body, in particular Staphylococcus aureus (Staphylococcus aureus). The presence of lysate (components of staphylococcal bacterial cells) in a solution has a stimulating effect on the development of a specific antibacterial immune response.
After the local injection of the staphylococcal bacteriophage solution directly into the area of the inflammatory infection, the bacteriophage practically does not penetrate into the systemic circulation, it directly affects the staphylococcal bacterial cells that are localized in the inflammatory focus. Bacteriophage exists only if there is a staphylococcal infection. After the destruction of all bacterial cells, the number of bacteriophage particles decreases, and it is gradually eliminated (removed) from human tissues (most of the remains of these specific virus particles are absorbed and inactivated by cells of the immune system by macrophages).
Indications for use
A solution of staphylococcal bacteriophage is used to treat infectious processes in the body of various localization caused by strains of bacteria of the genus Staphylococcus that are sensitive to it. Most often these bacteria cause such diseases:
- Purulent and infiltrative lesions of the skin and subcutaneous tissue - boil (purulent inflammation of the hair follicle), carbuncle (purulent process that involves several hair follicles), abscesses (limited cavity filled with pus) subcutaneous tissue and soft tissue abscess (leakage of intracellular substances pus) and hydradenitis (bacterial damage to the sweat glands of the skin).
- Infective process in the upper airways - staphylococcal rhinitis (inflammation of the nasal mucosa), sinusitis (pathological process in the paranasal sinuses), otitis (ear infection), pharyngitis (throat inflammation), laryngitis (parasitizing staphylococci in the larynx), staphylococcal tonsillitis (purulent inflammation of the tonsils).
- Infectious pathological process in the lower respiratory tract - tracheitis (localization of infection in the tracheal mucosa), bronchitis (pathological process in the bronchi) or pneumonia (pneumonia).
- Urogenital infectious process - is characterized by a bacterial lesion of the organs of the urinary system (kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra) and genitals.
- Staphylococcal affection of the digestive system organs - enterocolitis (inflammation of the small and large intestines), cholecystitis (pathological process in the gall bladder), inflammation of the tissue around the liver with the development of phlegmon or abscess in it. Also, staphylococcal bacteriophage is used in intestinal dysbiosis (violation of the ratio of normal and conditionally pathogenic intestinal flora), in which the number of staphylococcal bacteria increases.
- Purulent inflammatory processes in the body of a newborn of any localization caused by parasitism of staphylococci.
- Pyo-inflammatory process in the organs of the musculoskeletal system - infectious arthritis (joint damage), periarthritis (inflammation of the periarticular tissues).
- Prophylactic use to prevent purulent bacterial complications after various injuries associated with the violation of the integrity of the skin or mucous membranes.
- Generalized staphylococcal infection - sepsis (blood infection), in which the spread of bacteria throughout the body, their deposition in various tissues and organs with the development of secondary purulent processes.
An important condition for the use of staphylococcal bacteriophage is the presence of sensitivity of bacterial cells to it.
There are no absolute contraindications to the use of staphylococcal bacteriophage solution. Relative contraindications that require a delay in the use of this immunobiological preparation are determined by the doctor individually. Staphylococcal bacteriophage is not used if there is a lack of sensitivity to it in the pathogen of the infectious pathological process.
Dosage and administration
The method of administration or application of a solution of staphylococcal bacteriophage depends on the localization of the infectious process in the human body:
- In case of pathology of the female genital organs, the solution is applied in the form of irrigation or application of the mucous membrane.
- With the defeat of the skin, subcutaneous tissue, soft tissue, the solution is used in the form of washing the area of the inflammatory or purulent process. Intradermal or subcutaneous administration of the solution is also possible.
- In the case of localization of the infectious process in the digestive tract, the solution is introduced into the rectum (rectal administration) or its oral administration (through the mouth).
- In the case of a disease of the upper or lower respiratory tract, mucous membranes are irrigated or the aerosol is inhaled.
- With the defeat of the outer or middle ear, the mucous membrane of the nasal cavity is instilled solution.
The recommended dosage of the drug depends on the person's age, method of administration and the severity of the pathological infection. When administered orally and rectally, the drug can be used in children from the moment of birth. The duration of the course of treatment also depends on the severity of the course of a staph infection, averaging 7-20 days. In case of relapse (exacerbation), the drug can be reused up to several times during the year.
After applying a solution of staphylococcal bacteriophage, cases of side effects were not reported.
The use of a solution of staphylococcal bacteriophage should be carried out taking into account special instructions:
- Before using a staphylococcal bacteriophage solution, a mandatory bacteriological examination is necessary with the release of staphylococcus and determination of its sensitivity to the drug.
- In case of applying on the eve of solutions of local chemical antiseptics (chemical compounds that destroy various types of infection), the treatment area with a staphylococcal bacteriophage must be thoroughly rinsed with water, since the antiseptic residues can lead to the death of bacteriophages.
- The drug can be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding only after prescription.
- The solution does not affect the speed of psychomotor reactions and the ability of a person in relation to concentration.
- Staphylococcal solution can be used in combination with antibiotics, since they do not adversely affect the viability of bacteriophages.
- It is not allowed to use a turbid solution, if it contains sediment or flakes.
In the pharmacy network, the drug is released only by prescription. Its use will be effective only after appropriate examination and prescription.
Cases and symptoms of an overdose of a solution of staphylococcal bacteriophage are not described.
There are dosage forms of staphylococcal bacteriophage in the form of an aerosol, suppositories (candles) and tablets.
Terms and conditions of storage
The unprinted solution of staphylococcal bacteriophage can be stored for 3 years from the time of its manufacture. Storage is possible only at temperatures from +2 to + 8 ° С (temperatures up to + 30 ° С are allowed when transporting the drug, the duration should not exceed 30 days). The solution must be kept out of the reach of children.
Staphylococcal bacteriophage price
Staphylococcal bacteriophage, 100 ml - from 782 rubles.