Bacteriophage Klebsiello user guide
Bacteriophage Klebsiella solution belongs to the group of immunobiological pharmacological agents. This drug basically contains living Bacteriophages, which are specific viral particles that are active against bacteria of the genus Klebsiella (Klebsiella). It is used to treat infectious diseases in the human body, caused by representatives of this kind of bacteria.
Form of issue and composition
The Klebsiella Bacteriophage solution contains a lysate (components of the cellular structures) of bacteria, living Bacteriophages and a preservative (quinazole). In a concentration of 0.1 mg / ml. The solution is produced in sealed glass ampoules of 5 and 10 ml, in one carton 10 or 5 ampoules, respectively. The solution is a clear liquid, does not contain sediment or flakes.
Bacteriophages are specific bacterial viruses. They penetrate into the bacterial cell sensitive to them, are built into its genome, cause a change in metabolic processes and energy starvation. This leads to the death of the bacteria, its destruction (lysis) and the release of new bacteriophages with subsequent infection of intact bacteria. Klebsiellesny Bacteriophage is active against several Klebsiella species - Klebsiella rhinoscleromatis, Klebsiella ozaenae and Klebsiella pneumoniae, which cause certain infectious inflammatory processes in the human body with different localization and severity of the flow. Klebsiellesny Bacteriophage does not show activity against other bacteria, does not lead to the development of dysbacteriosis (change in the normal microflora of mucous membranes or skin). Also, it does not have a negative effect on the cells of the human body. The bacterial lysate included in the preparation contains specific Klebsiella antigens, thus stimulating the development of a specific immune response in the body (the immunological action of the Klebsiella bacteriophage solution).
After local application or ingestion of Klebsiella bacteriophage solution, specific viral particles accumulate in bacterial cells of the infectious process area. Their number initially increases, but as the destruction of bacterial cells decreases. After the complete destruction of bacteria, the number of Bacteriophages is sharply reduced, their residues are destroyed by cells of the immune system by macrophages.
Indications for use
The Klebsiella Bacteriophage solution is indicated for infectious inflammatory diseases caused by bacteria of Klebsiella rhinoscleromatis, Klebsiella ozaenae and Klebsiella pneumoniae, which include:
- Ozena is a specific infectious process in the mucosa of the nasal cavity (rhinitis), which can have a prolonged recurrent (with exacerbation) course and spread to the mucous membrane of the paranasal sinuses (maxillary sinus, frontal sinus) and the middle ear cavity.
- Rinoskleroma - chronic inflammation of the nasal mucosa, in which it forms connective tissue nodules (foci of cell proliferation).
- Pneumonia is an inflammation of the lungs caused by Klebsiella.
- Urogenital pathological processes are infectious diseases of various urinary organs (kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra) and sexual (inflammation of the uterine appendages in women, chronic prostatitis in men).
- Infectious diseases of the digestive system - inflammation of the small or large intestine (enterocolitis), gall bladder ( cholecystitis ), pancreas ( pancreatitis ).
- Purulent skin lesions are pyoderma.
- Infection of blood with the spread of Klebsiella throughout the body and their subsidence in various tissues and organs - sepsis.
Also, the Klebsiella Bacteriophage solution can be used to prevent these infectious diseases by epidemiological indications.
Contraindications for use
Bacteriophage Klebsiella solution is not applied in the absence of sensitivity of bacterial cells of pathogens (klebsiella) to it. There are no absolute contraindications to use.
Dosing and Administration
The main way to use the solution of the Klebsiella Bacteriophage is its oral administration (oral administration). It is permissible to administer the solution into the rectal cavity (rectal administration), while introducing a somewhat larger volume in comparison with the oral administration. It is taken 40-60 minutes before meals 3 times a day. Age dosages for oral administration and rectal administration of the drug differ:
- Children from birth and up to 6 months of age - 5 ml of the solution orally (10 ml - rectal administration).
- Children age from 6 to 12 months - 10-15 ml orally or 20 ml in the case of rectal administration.
- Children aged 1 to 3 years - 15-20 ml of the solution for oral administration (20-30 ml rectally).
- Age from 3 to 8 years - 20-30 ml orally or 30-40 ml solution with rectal administration.
- Children older than 8 years and adults - 30-40 ml of the solution orally or 40-50 ml with rectal administration.
Also, the Klebsiella Bacteriophage solution is applied topically in the area of localization of the infectious inflammatory process. In the pathology of the ENT organs and upper respiratory tract, organs of the urinary or reproductive system, irrigation is carried out with a solution of the appropriate parts of the mucous membrane. In the nasal cavity or in the external auditory canal, gauze turundas moistened with a solution of Bacteriophage Klebsiella can be administered. In the case of pneumonia, the solution is used in the form of an aerosol. The average course of treatment is 7-14 days, it is established individually, depending on the localization and severity of the course of the infection process. In the preventive use of the drug, its use is performed once a day at the appropriate age-appropriate dosage (combination of oral administration or rectal administration with topical application).
Negative reactions or manifestations after application of the Klebsiella Bacteriophage solution have not been reported.
The use of Klebsiella Bacteriophage solution should be carried out with the obligatory consideration of special instructions, which include:
- Before the beginning of the course of therapy, a bacteriological study with a laboratory isolation of the pathogen, its identification and determination of sensitivity to the Klebsiella bacteriophage is mandatory.
- Klebsiella Bacteriophage solution can be used in combination with antibiotics, since they do not affect the viability and activity of Bacteriophages.
- When used locally for treatment of the skin or mucous membranes with a solution, after applying chemical antiseptics, these areas are washed with a sufficient amount of water - chemical antiseptics, besides bacteria, also destroy viruses, including Bacteriophage.
- The use of Salmonella Bacteriophage to pregnant or lactating women is possible under medical supervision and supervision by the attending physician.
- The use of a solution with the presence of flakes, sediment or a decrease in transparency (clouding) is excluded.
- The drug does not affect the concentration of attention or the speed of psychomotor reactions.
In the pharmacy network, the drug is dispensed only on prescription. The therapeutic efficacy of the solution is possible only with its use for the treatment of infectious diseases caused by Bacteriophage-sensitive Klebsiella.
Cases of overdose and the development of relevant symptoms are not documented.
Klebsiellezny Bacteriophage is released only in one dosage form in the form of a solution. There are also no other trade names for the drug with the relevant active substance (Bacteriophage).
Terms and conditions of storage
The shelf life of the Klebsiella Bacteriophage solution in the unopened state is 2 years. It must be stored at a temperature within the range of +2 + 8 ° C. A temperature regime of up to + 25 ° C is allowed when transporting the preparation, the duration of which should not exceed 30 days. The drug should be protected from children. After unpacking the ampoule, the drug retains its activity during the day, provided it is stored in the refrigerator.
Bacteriophage klebsiell price
Bacteriophage klebsiella polyvalent purified solution for oral, topical and topical use, 10 pcs., Bottle 20 ml - from 712 rub.