Bacteriophage Klebsiella instructions for use
The solution of Klebsiella Bacteriophage belongs to the group of immunobiological pharmacological agents. This drug basically contains live bacteriophages that are specific viral particles that are active against bacteria of the genus Klebsiella (Klebsiella). It is used to treat infectious diseases in the human body caused by representatives of this kind of bacteria.
Release form and composition
The solution of Klebsiella Bacteriophage contains a lysate (components of cellular structures) of bacteria, live Bacteriophages and a preservative (quinosol). At a concentration of 0.1 mg / ml. The solution is available in sealed glass ampoules of 5 and 10 ml, in one carton of 10 or 5 ampoules, respectively. The solution is a clear liquid, does not contain sediment or flakes.
Bacteriophages are specific bacterial viruses. They penetrate a bacterial cell sensitive to them, integrate into its genome, cause a change in metabolic processes and energy starvation. This leads to the death of the bacterium, its destruction (lysis) and the release of new bacteriophages with the subsequent infection of intact bacteria. Klebsiellezny Bacteriophage is active against several types of Klebsiella - Klebsiella rhinoscleromatis, Klebsiella ozaenae and Klebsiella pneumoniae, which cause certain infectious inflammatory processes in the human body with different localization and severity. Klebsiella Bacteriophage is not active against other bacteria, when applied does not lead to the development of dysbiosis (change in the normal microflora of the mucous membranes or skin). It also does not adversely affect the cells of the human body. The lysate of bacteria contained in the preparation contains specific Klebsiella antigens, which stimulates the development of a specific immune response in the body (the immunological action of the Klebsiell bacteriophage solution).
After local application or ingestion of Klebsiella Bacteriophage solution, specific viral particles accumulate in the bacteria cells of the infection area. Their number initially increases, but as the destruction of bacterial cells decreases. After the complete destruction of bacteria, the number of bacteriophages decreases sharply, their remains are destroyed by cells of the immune system by macrophages.
Indications for use
The solution of Klebsiella Bacteriophage is indicated for infectious inflammatory diseases caused by bacteria from the genus Klebsiella rhinoscleromatis, Klebsiella ozaenae and Klebsiella pneumoniae, these include:
- Ozena is a specific infectious process in the mucous membrane of the nasal cavity (rhinitis), which can have a long recurrent (with exacerbations) course and spread to the mucous membrane of the paranasal sinuses (maxillary, frontal sinuses) and the middle ear cavity.
- Rhinoscleroma is a chronic inflammation of the nasal mucosa, in which connective tissue nodules (cell proliferation foci) form in it.
- Pneumonia is an inflammation of the lungs caused by Klebsiella.
- Urogenital pathological processes are infectious diseases of various urinary organs (kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra) and sexual (inflammation of the uterus in women, chronic prostatitis in men) of the system.
- Infectious diseases of the digestive system - inflammation of the small or large intestine (enterocolitis), gallbladder ( cholecystitis ), pancreas ( pancreatitis ).
- Purulent skin lesion - pyoderma.
- Blood contamination with the spread of Klebsiella throughout the body and their sedimentation in various tissues and organs - sepsis.
Also, a solution of Klebsiella Bacteriophage can be used for the prevention of these infectious diseases according to epidemiological indications.
The solution of Klebsiella Bacteriophage is not applied in the absence of sensitivity of bacterial cells of pathogens (Klebsiella) to it. There are no absolute contraindications to use.
Dosage and administration
The main method of application of the solution of Klebsiella Bacteriophage is its ingestion (oral administration). The introduction of the solution into the cavity of the rectum (rectal administration) is allowed, with a slightly larger volume being administered in comparison with oral administration. It is taken 40-60 minutes before meals 3 times a day. Age dosages for oral administration and rectal administration of the drug are different:
- Children from birth to 6 months of age - 5 ml orally (10 ml - rectal administration).
- Children age from 6 to 12 months - 10-15 ml orally or 20 ml in the case of rectal administration.
- Children aged 1 to 3 years - 15-20 ml of the solution when taken orally (20-30 ml rectally).
- Age from 3 to 8 years - 20-30 ml orally or 30-40 ml of a solution with rectal administration.
- Children older than 8 years and adults - 30-40 ml of the solution orally or 40-50 ml with rectal administration.
Also, the solution of Klebsiella Bacteriophage is applied topically directly in the area of localization of the infectious inflammatory process. In case of pathology of ENT organs and upper respiratory tract, organs of the urinary or reproductive system, irrigation is carried out with a solution of the corresponding sections of the mucous membrane. Gauze turunds moistened with a Klebsiell bacteriophage solution can be injected into the nasal cavity or the external auditory canal. In the case of pneumonia, the solution is used as an aerosol. The average course of treatment is 7-14 days, it is set individually, depending on the location and severity of the infection process. With prophylactic use of the drug, its use is carried out 1 time per day in the appropriate age dosage (combination of oral administration or rectal administration with local application).
Negative reactions or manifestations after applying the solution of the Klebsiella Bacteriophage were not registered.
The use of a solution of Klebsiella Bacteriophage should be carried out with the obligatory account of special instructions, which include:
- Before the start of the course of therapy, bacteriological research is necessarily carried out with laboratory isolation of the pathogen, its identification and determination of sensitivity to the Klebsiell Bacteriophage.
- The solution of Klebsiella Bacteriophage can be used in combination with antibiotics, since they do not affect the viability and activity of Bacteriophages.
- When used locally for treating the skin or mucous membranes with a solution, after applying chemical antiseptics, these areas are washed with a sufficient amount of water - chemical antiseptics, in addition to bacteria, also destroy viruses, including the Bacteriophage.
- The use of Salmonella bacteriophage to pregnant or lactating women is possible under medical supervision and supervision of the attending physician.
- The use of a solution with the presence of flakes, sediment or decrease in transparency (turbidity) is excluded.
- The drug does not affect the concentration of attention or the speed of psychomotor reactions.
In the pharmacy network, the drug is released only by prescription. The therapeutic efficacy of the solution is possible only when it is used to treat infectious diseases caused by Klebsiella sensitive to the Bacteriophage.
Cases of overdose and the development of the corresponding symptoms are not registered.
Klebsielleznyh Bacteriophage is available in only one dosage form in the form of a solution. There are also no other trade names of the drug with the appropriate active ingredient (bacteriophage).
Terms and conditions of storage
The shelf life of a solution of Klebsiella Bacteriophage in an unopened state is 2 years. It must be stored at a temperature within +2 + 8 ° C. Temperatures up to + 25 ° С are allowed when transporting the preparation, the duration of which should not exceed 30 days. The drug must be protected from children. After unpacking the ampoule, the drug retains its activity during the day, provided it is stored in the refrigerator.
Bacteriophage klebsiella price
Klebsiella bacteriophage polyvalent purified solution for oral administration, local and external use, 10 pcs., 20 ml bottle - from 712 rubles.