Avelox instructions for use
- Avelox instructions for use
Avelox is an antibacterial drug that belongs to the group of fluoroquinolones and has a bactericidal effect on microorganisms sensitive to it.
This drug has a wide range of antibacterial activity against not only Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, but also anaerobes, atypical pathogens and acid-fast microorganisms.
Active ingredient: Moxifloxacin hydrochloride.
Form of issue
- In the form of a solution of yellow color, designed for intravenous infusion. In 1 vial of the drug contains 436 mg of Moxifloxacin hydrochloride, which is equivalent to 400 mg of Moxifloxacin.
- In the form of tablets containing 400 mg of active ingredient.
Mechanism of action
Avelox promotes the death of microorganisms by suppressing the activity of topoisomerases, which participate in the formation of DNA molecules.
Spectrum of antimicrobial activity: Avelox is effective in cases where the causative agent of the disease is resistant to antibiotics of the class of beta-lactams and macrolides.
The spectrum of antimicrobial activity of the preparation is as follows:
- Gram-positive pathogens: Streptococcus pneumoniae, Gardnerella vaginalis, Streptococcus pyogenes, Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus haemoliticus, Corynebacterium diphtheria.
- Gram-negative pathogens: Haemophylus influenza, Moraxella catarrhalis, Bordetella pertussis, Klebsiella pneumoniae, E. coli, Proteus vulgaris.
- Anaerobes: Bacteroides spp., Fusobacterium spp., Peptostreptococcus spp., Clostridium perfringens.
- Atypical pathogens: Chlamidia pneumoniae, Chlamidia trahomatis, Mycoplasma pneumoniae, Legionella pneumophilia.
There is no evidence of the development of cross-resistance mechanisms between Avelox and such groups of antibiotics as aminoglycosides, macrolides, tetracyclines, and penicillins.
The suppression of the mechanisms of resistance in the bacterial cell is achieved by the fact that a molecule is incorporated in the structure of Avelox, which prevents the so-called efflux (ie, the release of the preparation of the group of fluoroquinolones from the cell of the microorganism).
Absolute bioavailability of Avelox is 91%. In the systemic blood stream, moxifloxacin binds to plasma albumin by 45%. The highest concentrations of the drug, regardless of the route of administration, are noted in lung tissue, paranasal sinuses, saliva, intercellular fluid, and inflammatory foci.
The main way to excrete Avelox is renal, excreted metabolites are considered inactive with respect to the human body.
Indications for use
The drug is used to treat bacterial diseases caused by microorganisms sensitive to Avelox:
- Vnezspitalnaya pneumonia (including, caused by multiresistant strains);
- Infected skin and soft tissue lesions (burns, wounds, diabetic);
- Intra-abdominal infectious inflammatory processes (abscesses and others).
Dosage and Administration
The drug is administered intravenously drip in a dose of 400 mg once during the day.
It is rational to use a stepwise scheme of pharmacotherapy, which implies that after 3-4 days of intravenous infusion, they switch to the tablet administration of an antibacterial agent.
Patients of the older age group do not receive dose adjustments.
Average duration of treatment
- Chronic bronchitis in the period of exacerbation - 5 days;
- Community-acquired pneumonia (parenteral + oral antibiotic) - 7-14 days;
- Complicated infections of soft tissues - 7-21 days;
- Infections of the abdominal cavity 5-14 days.
Avelox injected intravenously for at least one hour. The following solutions for infusions are compatible with Moxifloxacin: sodium chloride, glucose, Ringer's solution, xylitol.
In the case when combined intravenous therapy is performed, the remaining drugs are administered in a separate syringe.
If during storage of Avelox in the refrigerator, a precipitate formed in it, then the solution is suitable for use. However, it should be warmed at room temperature until the sediment is completely dissolved.
Tablet forms of the drug are used regardless of food once a day. It should be noted that the integrity of the outer shell of the tablet (grind or break) can not be violated.
- Cardiovascular system: lowering of arterial pressure, arrhythmia, cardiac arrest (most often occurs in persons with ischemic myocardial lesions).
- Digestive system: a complex of dyspeptic disorders, increase in the level of liver fractions of transaminases, stomatitis, pseudomembranous colitis, hepatitis.
- Nervous system: dizziness, increased psychomotor activity, headache, agitation, confusion, sleep disturbance, hallucinations, depression, tremor, gait and movement coordination, convulsions .
- Organs of the senses: decreased visual acuity, taste hallucinations, taste change, tinnitus.
- Organs of hematopoiesis: anemia, thrombocytosis / thrombocytopenia, leukopenia.
- Urinary system: renal failure.
- Allergic reactions of various types.
- Phlebitis at the site of administration of the drug.
- Pregnancy at any time.
- Intolerance to the active ingredient or other components of the drug.
- Age is less than 18 years.
It was experimentally established that the administration of the drug in doses of 1200 mg and large once per 10 days was not accompanied by clinical signs of intoxication.
Interaction with other medicinal products
Caution should be exercised when combining Avelox with anticoagulants because of the potential for potentiating the effects of the latter.
It is impossible to combine in one syringe the solution of Moxifloxacin and sodium bicarbonate.
Milk and other food components do not change the pharmacokinetics of the drug.
Avelox should be stored at a temperature exceeding 15 ° C.
Analogues of Avelox
Analogs for the active ingredient:
Moxifloxacin, Moxin, Vigamox, Moximac, Plevilox.
Analogues for the pharmacological group:
Abaktal, Alzipro, Vigamoks, Gatispan, Glevo, Zanotsin, Zofloks, Quipro, Levoleth R, Levofloxacin, Lomefloxacin, Microflox, Nevigramon, Negram, Nolycin, Norbaktin, Norfloxacin, Oflox, Ofloxacin, Oflotsid, Palin, Pefloxacin, Recipro, Siflox, Tavanik , Uniflox, Factive, Floracid, Hileflex, Ciprobai, Ciprolet, Ciprofloxacin, Cyphran, Eleflox, Unicpeph, Utibid
Price for Avelox
Avelox tablets, film-coated 400 mg, 5 pcs. - from 751 rubles.