Aspirin Cardio instructions for use
Aspirin Cardio is a drug from the group of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs that contribute to the provision of antiaggregatory effects.
The active ingredient in tablets is acetylsalicylic acid. The drug is available in dosages of 100 and 300 mg. Cellulose and corn starch are used as auxiliary substances.
Aspirin Cardio is widely used in the treatment of vascular diseases due to the ability of the drug to suppress platelet aggregation.
The drug also contributes to the analgesic and antipyretic effect, reduces the inflammatory process.
Indications for admission
Aspirin Cardio is used in the course of prophylactic treatment of such conditions: myocardial infarction, angina pectoris, stroke, thromboembolism, thrombosis.
The drug is recommended to take on prescription to those people who fall into the risk group: patients with diabetes, obesity, arterial hypertension, elevated cholesterol levels; elderly smokers.
Contraindications to the use of Aspirin Cardio are the following conditions: bronchial asthma, aspirin intolerance and drugs from the NSAID group, gastric ulcer , hemorrhagic diathesis, the period of childbearing (2nd and 3rd trimester) and breastfeeding, age up to 18 years, marked impairment of normal liver function and kidney, chronic heart failure development grade 3-4.
The drug is used with caution in gout, peptic ulcer in remission, in the 2nd trimester of pregnancy, before the intended surgery, chronic respiratory diseases, including hay fever and polyposis.
Direction of use, dosage
Since after ingestion the drug is completely absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract, tablets should be used before the main meal, drinking plenty of water.
The drug is recommended to use 1 time per day, this medicine is suitable for long-term, systematic use. The exact dose and duration of therapy is determined by the attending physician after a comprehensive examination of the patient.
- During the primary prevention of heart attack, the drug is taken in 100 mg per day or 300 mg every other day.
- In order to prevent recurrent heart attacks, stable and unstable angina, the medicine is used in 100-300 mg per day.
- With the development of unstable angina, the drug is prescribed in 100-300 mg. If an acute heart attack is suspected, the patient should take the first pill as soon as possible. The drug should be chewed in order to speed up the process of absorption and therapeutic effect.
- In order to prevent strokes and disorders of cerebral circulation, as well as the development of thromboembolism in the period after surgery, the drug is taken in 100-300 mg per day.
- In order to prevent deep vein thrombosis and thromboembolism, 100-200 mg per day or 300 mg every other day.
If you miss the drug, take another pill as soon as possible. Further medication should be carried out in the usual way. In the event that a lot of time has passed since the moment of skipping and the time of taking the next tablet is approaching, the dosage should not be doubled.
In the case of an overdose of moderate and mild severity, such reactions as the development of dizziness, hearing loss, headache, increased sweating, confusion of consciousness manifest themselves.
As a treatment, one should flush the stomach, repeatedly take activated charcoal and restore the water-electrolyte balance. At the first symptoms of intoxication should immediately consult a doctor.
With an overdose of a severe patient, there is a significant increase in temperature, respiratory depression, heart rhythm disturbances, lower blood pressure, development of gastrointestinal bleeding, tinnitus, drowsiness, seizures, coma.
This condition requires immediate hospitalization for emergency care - gastric lavage, taking activated carbon, and symptomatic treatment under the supervision of a physician.
The drug can provoke the development of allergic reactions and a number of side effects from the gastrointestinal tract (heartburn, abdominal pain, nausea), central nervous system (hearing loss, tinnitus, headache) and urinary system, blood formation system (risk of bleeding and bruising).
If side effects develop, stop taking the drug and consult a doctor. Dosage adjustment or drug replacement may be required.
Aspirin Cardio has the ability to enhance the pharmacological effects of the following drugs:
- Heparin and indirect anticoagulants.
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors.
- Hypoglycemic agents and insulin.
- Valproic acid.
- Preparations from the group of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Alcoholic beverages (ethanol).
If necessary, such a combination should consider the question of reducing the dosage of these funds.
Aspirin Cardio may weaken the pharmacological effect of such drugs:
- ACE inhibitors.
- Drugs that have uricosuric effects.
Patients at high risk of developing cardiovascular disease are not recommended to combine Aspirin Cardio with ibuprofen.
The drug can be used only as directed and in accordance with the instructions of the doctor.
Taking Aspirin Cardio may trigger the development of bronchospasms, asthma and other manifestations of drug intolerance.
Overdose of the drug is especially dangerous in patients of older age groups.
The use of Aspirin Cardio does not affect the control of transport mechanisms and the performance of work requiring increased concentration.
Analogues Aspirin Cardio
Analogues of the drug Aspirin Cardio are the following drugs: Aspicore, Aspirin Express, Acecardo, Thromboth ACC, Cardiasque, Thrombopol.
Storage of the drug should be carried out in a dark place, protected from direct sunlight at a temperature not exceeding 25 degrees.
Price for Aspirid Cardio
The cost of the drug Aspirin Cardio:
- Tablets 100 mg, 28 pcs. - 120-130 rubles.
- Tablets 100 mg, 56pcs. - 190-230 rub.
- Tablets 300 mg, 20 pcs. - 80-85 rubles.