Artrodarin: instructions for use
Arthrodarin is a drug that has analgesic, antipyretic and anti-inflammatory effects and is used in the treatment of osteoarthritis and osteoarthritis.
Arthrodarin has a slow-acting effect, which manifests itself after 2 - 4 weeks of taking the drug. It has a mechanism of action different from nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, which consists in suppressing interleukin-1 (the main factor in the development of degenerative joint damage) and increasing the synthesis of a specific growth factor that accelerates the growth of cartilage cells and the production of collagen, connective tissue cells and hyaluronic acid.
Diacerein, part of Arthrodarin, has a chondroprotective effect, has anabolic and anti-catabolic effects on cartilage. Reduces the intensity of inflammation of the synovial membrane of the joint and damage to the cartilage.
Release form and composition
The drug is a white-green capsules of gelatinous shell. They are yellow granules.
The composition of the drug includes:
- diacerein - 50 mg.
Indications for use
Indications for the use of Artrodarina are degenerative and dystrophic diseases of the peripheral joints and spinal column:
- deforming, post-traumatic, rheumatic osteoarthritis;
- spondyloarthrosis of the cervical, thoracic or lumbar spine;
- chronic osteoarthritis;
- intervertebral osteochondrosis;
- pain in acute and chronic diseases of the musculoskeletal system;
- pain arising from the degeneration of joint tissue;
- infections of the joints and bones;
- various local osteopathies.
Artrodarin is contraindicated:
- in hypersensitivity reactions to the active or auxiliary substances included in the composition;
- in severe forms of impaired function or condition of the liver and kidneys;
- with the development of inflammatory processes in the intestines, intestinal obstruction;
- in case of congenital impairment of lactase synthesis;
- in case of hypersensitivity to anthraquinone derivatives;
- in the period of pregnancy and lactation;
- under the age of 18 years.
With caution it is necessary to use the drug in case of irritation of the large intestine and impaired renal function.
Dosing and Administration
The drug is taken 1 capsule twice a day after meals: in the morning and in the evening. Swallow whole, washed down with the necessary amount of water.
The recommended drug intake is a course of at least 4 months. The effect of taking the drug develops 2 to 4 weeks after the start of treatment.
Interaction and special instructions
- it is undesirable to take the drug together with agents that affect the consistency of fecal masses in the intestine;
- coating agents for reducing the acidity of the stomach reduce the absorption of the drug;
- possible increased side effects of the digestive tract when taken with antibiotics or other means that adversely affect the intestinal microflora;
- the course of treatment can be very long;
- before the onset of effect, Artrodarin can be combined with other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Artrodarin can have side effects such as:
- digestive disorders, manifested abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, the development of diarrhea. In severe dyspepsia or pain, the daily dose of Arthrodarin can be reduced to 1 capsule;
- allergic reactions, such as itching, urticaria , dermatitis of varying severity;
- when taking the drug, urine can stain with yellow-brown color of varying intensity, which does not require dose adjustment or drug withdrawal.
Analogs of Artrodarina
Similar in composition drugs are:
- Artroker is a drug based on diacerein, produced in India. It is a blue-gray capsules made from gelatin. Dosage and indications are similar to Artrodarin. Manufacturing company: Micro Labs;
- Diarthrin is a domestic product based on diacerein, which belongs to the group of other non-narcotic analgesics. Also available as capsules. Manufacturer: Obolensky - pharmaceutical company (Russia);
- Diaflex Rompharm is a complete analogue, differs by manufacturer and country of production: O. Rompharm Company SRL (Romania);
- Diacerein Mac, drug manufacturer: Macleods Pharmaceuticals (India);
- Movagain, manufacturer: Reddy´s Laboratories Ltd. (India).
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life Artrodarina is 3 years. After the expiration of this period, the use of the drug is prohibited. Store the drug should be out of the reach of children, in a temperature range not higher than 25 degrees.
Price for Artrodarin
Arthrodarin capsules 50 mg, 30 pcs. - from 1646 rubles.