Arthrodarin: instructions for use
Arthrodarin is a medicinal product that has analgesic, antipyretic and anti-inflammatory effects and is used in the treatment of osteoarthritis and osteoarthritis.
Arthrodarin has a slow-acting effect, which manifests itself after 2 to 4 weeks of taking the drug. It has a mechanism of action, different from non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, consisting in inhibiting interleukin-1 (the main factor in the development of degenerative joint lesions) and increasing the synthesis of a specific growth factor that accelerates the growth of cartilaginous cells and the production of collagen, connective tissue cells and hyaluronic acid.
Diacerein, which is part of the Arthrodarin, has a chondroprotective effect, has an anabolic and anti-catabolic effect on the cartilage. Reduces the intensity of inflammation of the joint's synovial membrane and cartilage damage.
Form of issue and composition
The drug is a white-green capsule from the gelatinous body. They contain granules of yellow color.
The composition of the medicinal product includes:
- Diacerein 50 mg.
Indications for use
Indications for the use of Arthrodarin are degenerative and dystrophic diseases of the peripheral joints and spine:
- deforming, posttraumatic, rheumatic osteoarthritis;
- spondylarthrosis of the cervical, thoracic or lumbar spine;
- chronic osteoarthritis;
- intervertebral osteochondrosis;
- painful sensations in acute and chronic diseases of the musculoskeletal system;
- pains that occur against the background of degeneration of the joint tissue;
- infection of joints and bones;
- various local osteopathies.
Artrodarin is contraindicated:
- at hypersensitivity reactions on acting or auxiliary substances included in the composition;
- with severe forms of impaired function or condition of the liver and kidneys;
- with the development of inflammatory processes in the intestine, intestinal obstruction;
- with an inborn violation of lactase synthesis;
- with increased sensitivity to anthraquinone derivatives;
- in the period of pregnancy and lactation;
- in the age of 18 years.
With caution, it is necessary to apply the drug with irritation of the large intestine and impaired renal function.
Dosing and Administration
The drug is taken 1 capsule twice a day after meals: morning and evening. Swallow whole, washed down with the necessary amount of water.
The recommended drug intake is a course of at least 4 months. The action from taking the drug develops 2 to 4 weeks after the start of taking.
Interaction and special instructions
- it is undesirable to take the drug together with the agents affecting the consistency of fecal masses in the intestine;
- enveloping agents to reduce the acidity of the stomach reduce the absorption of the drug;
- possibly increased side effects from the digestive tract when taken with antibiotics or other agents that adversely affect the intestinal microflora;
- course of treatment can be very long;
- before the effect, Artrodarin can be combined with other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Arthrodarin can have such side effects as:
- digestive disorders, manifested abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, the development of diarrhea. With severe dyspepsia or pain, you can reduce the daily dose of Arthrodarin to 1 capsule;
- allergic reactions such as pruritus, urticaria , dermatitis of varying severity;
- urine when taking the drug can stain in a yellow-brown color of varying intensity, which does not require a dose adjustment or drug withdrawal.
Analogues of Artrodarin
Similar preparations are:
- The arthroker is a diacerein based drug manufactured in India. It is a gray-blue capsule made of gelatin. Dosage and indications are similar to Arthrodin. Manufacturer: Micro Labs;
- Diartrin is a preparation of domestic production based on diacerein, which belongs to the group of other non-narcotic analgesics. Also available in the form of capsules. Producer: Obolenskoe - pharmaceutical company (Russia);
- Diaflex Rompharm is a complete analogue, differs by the manufacturing company and the country of production: O. Rompharm Company SRL (Romania);
- Diacerein-Mack, manufacturer of the drug: Macleods Pharmaceuticals (India);
- Movagein, manufacturer: Reddy's Laboratories Ltd. (India).
Terms and conditions of storage
The shelf life of Arthrodarin is 3 years. After the expiration of this period, the use of the medicinal product is prohibited. Keep the drug in a place inaccessible to children in the temperature range of not more than 25 degrees.
Price for Artrodarin
Artrodarin capsules 50 mg, 30 pcs. - from 1646 rubles.