Arthraldon Instructions for Use
Artradol is a domestic preparation based on chondroitin, which has a chondroprotective effect that stimulates the formation and restoration of the cartilaginous and bony tissue of the joint.
Chondroitin displays the following pharmacological effects:
- Is the main component of hyaline tissue and actively participates in its formation and recovery;
- Normalizes the exchange of phosphorus and calcium in the cartilage and bone tissue;
- Blocks the negative effects of lysosomal enzymes and free radicals that destroy the structure of the cartilage and disrupt its function in the joint;
- Reduces the intensity of degenerative and destructive processes of hyaline, improves metabolism in it;
- Facilitates the restoration of cartilage and joint surfaces, as well as articular bags;
- Prevents compression of the joint tissues;
- Increases the production and viscosity of synovial fluid, which improves joint mobility and reduces pain;
- Stimulates the synthesis of hyaluronic acid, strengthening the connective tissue of the joint and periarticular tissues;
- Inhibits the resorption of bone, reduces the decrease in calcium in its composition;
- Restores bone tissue and reduces the severity of symptoms and further progression of osteoarthritis;
- Shows analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect, significantly reduces the severity of the pain syndrome in the joint and its puffiness;
- Reduces the consumption of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
- Can prevent the formation of thrombi in the microcirculatory bed of the joint tissues due to the similarity with heparin in structure.
Since the drug has an ampoule form and is administered intramuscularly, it is necessary to prescribe and prescribe a doctor for its use.
Form of issue and composition
Artradol is available in ampoules of 2 ml. It is administered by intramuscular injection. Inside the ampoule is a white porous mass, formed in the form of a tablet.
The package contains 10 ampoules.
The composition of the medicinal product includes:
- Chondroitin - 100 mg.
Indications for use
Indications for the use of Artradol are degenerative and dystrophic diseases of the peripheral joints and spine:
- Deforming, posttraumatic, rheumatic osteoarthritis;
- Spondylarthrosis of cervical, thoracic or lumbar spine;
- Chronic osteoarthritis;
- Intervertebral osteochondrosis;
- Painful sensations in acute and chronic diseases of the musculoskeletal system;
- Pains that occur against the background of degeneration of the joint tissue;
- Infection of joints and bones;
- Various local osteopathies;
- Non-growth of bone fracture, delayed formation of bone callus.
Artradol is contraindicated:
- When hypersensitivity reactions to the active ingredients or excipients included in the composition;
- Bleeding of various etiologies and a tendency to bleeding;
- In the period of pregnancy and lactation;
- Children's age due to lack of clinical data.
Dosing and Administration
The drug is administered intramuscularly every other day through 1 ampoule. If necessary, the administered dosage of the drug can be increased to 0.2 g (2 ampoules of 100 mg).
To obtain a solution for injection, the ampoule is diluted with 1 ml of sterile water d / injection. The course of treatment is selected individually depending on the course of the disease, most often it is 25-35 ampoules.
Arthraldol can cause allergic reactions, such as itching, urticaria , dermatitis, as well as bleeding at the site of drug administration.
Analogues of injections of Artradol
Similar preparations are:
- Chondrolon is a preparation of chondroitin with a similar dosage and form of release. Manufacturer of the medicinal product: Microgen NGO FGUP (Immunopreparat), Russia;
- Chondroitin sulfate is also available in ampoules with a dosage of 0.1 g. Producer: Ellara LLC, Russia;
- Mucosate is available in ampoules of 1 and 2 ml, the dosage is 100 mg / ml. The manufacturer of the medicinal product: Synthesis OJSC, Russia;
- Chondrohard is available in ampoules of 1 and 2 ml, the dosage is 100 mg / ml. The manufacturer of the medicinal product: Soteks FarmFirma, Russia.
Terms and conditions of storage
The shelf life of Artradol is 3 years. After the expiry of this period, the use of the medicinal product is prohibited. Keep the drug in a place inaccessible to children, in a temperature regime of no higher than 25 degrees.
Prices for injections Artradol
Arthralol lyophilizate for the preparation of a solution for intramuscular injection 100 mg, 10 pcs., Ampoule 2 ml - from 697 rubles.