Arthra: instructions for use
Arthra is a combined preparation from the group of bone and cartilage reparants used to treat degenerative diseases of the joints and spine.
The composition of Arthra includes glucosamine and chondroitin. Glucosamine, due to the enhanced synthesis of cells of cartilaginous tissue, exhibits the following effects:
- stimulates regeneration and restoration of cartilaginous surfaces;
- accelerates metabolic processes and reduces the severity of degenerative changes;
- removes inflammation, reduces soreness of the joint;
- normalizes the production of synovial fluid and improves the mobility of the joints.
Chondroitin actively participates in the restoration of joint tissues and, through chondroprotective action, provides its reliable protection:
- accelerates the exchange of calcium and phosphorus, normalizes metabolism in the cartilaginous tissue;
- blocks enzymes and free radicals, which destroy the structure of the cartilage;
- significantly slows down the degeneration of the joint;
- restores cartilage surfaces and an articular bag;
- prevents compression of connective tissue;
- increases the production of synovial fluid, maintains its viscosity;
- improves the motor activity of the joints;
- inhibits the destruction of bone, the phenomenon of osteoporosis and stimulates bone repair processes;
- significantly reduces the rate of development of osteoarthritis and alleviates its symptoms;
- Has analgesic effect, reduces pain in rest and motion;
- helps reduce inflammation, reduces the need for non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Form of issue
Arthra is produced in white tablets, the surface of which is covered with a shell. On one side of the tablet, the inscription ARTRA is engraved.
In the package 30,60,100,120 pieces.
The composition of the medicinal product includes:
- glucosamine - 500 mg;
- chondroitin - 500 mg.
Tablets have a specific smell and sweet-salty taste.
Indications for use
Indications for the use of Arthra is osteoarthrosis of the spine and large peripheral joints:
- deforming, posttraumatic, rheumatic osteoarthritis;
- chronic osteoarthritis;
- osteocondritis of the spine;
- pain syndrome in acute and chronic diseases of the musculoskeletal system;
- pains that occur against the background of degenerative changes in the joints;
- infection of joints and bones;
- various local osteopathies;
- age deformation of the musculoskeletal system.
Arthra is contraindicated:
- at hypersensitivity reactions on acting or auxiliary substances included in the composition;
- with severe diseases of the urinary system;
- in the period of pregnancy and lactation;
- aged up to 15 years.
With caution, it is necessary to apply to people suffering from diabetes, bronchial asthma, and with a tendency to various bleeding.
Dosing and Administration
The first 3 weeks should be taken 1 tablet twice a day, then - 1 time per day.
Capsule is taken orally, regardless of food.
Duration of treatment is set individually. The standard course is not less than 6 months. If necessary, the course of treatment can be increased.
Arthra is usually easily tolerated, rarely can cause the following side effects:
- abdominal pain, bloating, increased gas production;
- impaired intestinal function, manifested by diarrhea or constipation;
- dizziness, headache;
- development of edema, pain in the lower limbs;
- sleep disorders;
- rashes, redness, itching and other allergic reactions;
- increased heart rate.
At occurrence of by-effects the dosage of a preparation needs to be reduced in 2 times, if improvement does not follow - a preparation needs to be canceled.
Analogues of Artra
Similar preparations are:
- KONDRONOV is available in capsules and as an ointment for external use. The dosage of glucosamine and chondroitin is 250 and 200 mg, respectively. Manufacturer: Panacea Biotec (India);
- Tazan - tablets with the composition and dosage, similar to Arthra. Producer of the medicine: Synthesis OJSC (Russia);
- Teraflex is a preparation in capsules. Glucose dosage is 500 mg, chondroitin is 400 mg. Manufacturer: Sagmel, Inc. (USA);
- Chondroglucide, like Arthra, is a tablet preparation with a similar dosage. Also available in the form of gel for 30, 50, 100 g. Manufacturer of the drug: Synthesis OJSC (Russia);
- Hondroflex is a domestic preparation based on glucosamine (250 mg) and chondroitin (200 mg). Produced: Obolensky - a pharmaceutical company (Russia).
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life of Arthra is 5 years. After the expiration of this period, the use of the medicinal product is prohibited. Keep the drug in a place inaccessible to children, in the temperature range of 10 to 30 degrees.
Arthra tablets, film-coated 500 mg + 500 mg, 30 pcs. - from 617 rubles.
Arthra tablets, film-coated 500 mg + 500 mg, 60 pcs. - from 1009 rubles.