Artra: instructions for use
Artra is a combined preparation from the group of bone and cartilage tissue reparants used to treat degenerative diseases of the joints and spine.
Glucosamine and Chondroitin are part of Arthra. Glucosamine, by enhancing the synthesis of cartilage cells, exhibits the following effects:
- stimulates the regeneration and restoration of cartilage surfaces;
- accelerates metabolic processes and reduces the severity of degenerative changes;
- relieves inflammation, reduces joint pain;
- normalizes the production of synovial fluid and improves joint mobility.
Chondroitin is actively involved in the restoration of joint tissue and, due to its chondroprotective action, ensures its reliable protection:
- accelerates the exchange of calcium and phosphorus, normalizes metabolism in cartilage tissue;
- blocks enzymes and free radicals that destroy cartilage structure;
- significantly slows down the degeneration of the joint;
- restores cartilage surfaces and articular bag;
- prevents compression of the connective tissue;
- increases the production of synovial fluid, maintains its viscosity;
- improves joint mobility;
- inhibits bone destruction, osteoporosis, and stimulates bone tissue repair processes;
- significantly reduces the rate of osteoarthritis and relieves its symptoms;
- has an analgesic effect, reduces pain at rest and when moving;
- helps reduce inflammation, reduces the need for nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Artra is available in white tablets, the surface of which is coated. The inscription ARTRA is engraved on one side of the tablet.
In the package 30,60,100,120 pieces.
The composition of the drug includes:
- glucosamine - 500 mg;
- Chondroitin - 500 mg.
Tablets have a specific smell and sweet-salty taste.
Indications for use
The indication for Arthra is osteoarthrosis of the spine and large peripheral joints:
- deforming, post-traumatic, rheumatic osteoarthritis;
- chronic osteoarthritis;
- osteocondritis of the spine;
- pain in acute and chronic diseases of the musculoskeletal system;
- pain arising on the background of degenerative changes in the joints;
- infections of the joints and bones;
- various local osteopathies;
- age deformation of the musculoskeletal system.
Artra is contraindicated:
- in case of hypersensitivity reactions to the active or auxiliary substances included in the composition;
- in severe diseases of the urinary system;
- during pregnancy and lactation;
- under the age of 15 years.
With care it is necessary to apply to persons suffering from diabetes, bronchial asthma, and with a tendency to various bleeding.
Dosing and Administration
The first 3 weeks should be taken 1 tablet twice a day, then - once a day.
The capsule is taken orally, regardless of the food.
The duration of treatment is set individually. The standard course is at least 6 months. If necessary, the course of treatment may be increased.
Artra is usually easily tolerated, rarely causing the following side effects:
- abdominal pain, bloating, increased flatulence;
- intestinal dysfunction, manifested by diarrhea or constipation;
- dizziness, headache;
- development of edema, pain in the lower limbs;
- sleep disorders;
- rashes, redness, itching and other allergic reactions;
- increase in heart rate.
At occurrence of side effects, the dosage of the drug should be reduced by 2 times, if improvement does not follow - the drug must be canceled.
Analogs of Artry
Similar in composition drugs are:
- KONDRONOV is available in capsules and as an ointment for external use. The dosage of glucosamine and chondroitin is 250 and 200 mg, respectively. Manufacturer: Panacea Biotec (India);
- Basin - tablets with the composition and dosage similar to Arthre. Drug manufacturer: Synthesis OAO (Russia);
- Teraflex - the drug in capsules. Dosage of glucose - 500 mg, chondroitin - 400 mg. Manufacturer: Sagmel, Inc. (USA);
- Chondroglucid, as well as Artra, is a tableted preparation with a similar dosage. It is also available in the form of a gel of 30, 50, 100 g. Manufacturer of the medicinal product: Synthesis OAO (Russia);
- Hondroflex is a domestic preparation based on glucosamine (250 mg) and chondroitin (200 mg). Produced: Obolensky - pharmaceutical company (Russia).
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life Arthra is 5 years. After the expiration of this period, the use of the drug is prohibited. Store the drug should be in a place out of reach of children, in a temperature range from 10 to 30 degrees.
Artra tablets, film coated 500 mg + 500 mg, 30 pcs. - from 617 rubles.
Artra tablets, film coated 500 mg + 500 mg, 60 pcs. - from 1009 rub.