Arnica ointment instructions for use
Arnica ointment is a homeopathic drug of monocomponent composition based on arnica, which is used to relieve pain and inflammation in case of bruises and injuries. Arnica ointment is also used to accelerate the resorption of various hematomas.
Arnica has the properties:
- has a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect;
- reduces the permeability of the vascular wall, thereby reducing the swelling of the tissue;
- exhibits a powerful analgesic effect;
- acting on the vessels, produces an angioprotective effect;
- restores impaired function and damaged structure of soft tissue;
- reduces inflammation of the joints as a result of a beneficial effect on the synovial, serous and mucous membranes.
Release form and composition
Arnica ointment produces 20 g in a tube in a jar of dark glass and 30 g in a tube.
The composition of the drug is infusion of arnica flowers and excipients.
Indications for use
Arnica is prescribed for pyoderma, burns, injuries, dermatitis, accompanied by itching, as well as after insect bites, inflammatory diseases of the joints and periarticular tissues. Indications are:
- bruises, sprains, injuries and abrasions;
- intense physical exertion as a therapeutic agent and for sports massage;
- dermatitis with redness and itching;
- pustular skin lesions;
- myalgia and arthralgia resulting from exercise;
- shallow burns (sun);
- inflammatory diseases of the joints: arthritis, synovitis;
- arthropathies of different origin;
- hematomas of muscles and soft tissues;
- bruises of various localization.
Arnica ointment is contraindicated:
- with hypersensitivity to the active or auxiliary substances included in the composition of the medicinal product;
- damage to the integrity of the skin;
- dermatitis, accompanied by soiling;
- chest age up to 1 year.
Application during pregnancy and breastfeeding is possible only on the application of a physician.
Dosing and Administration
The ointment is applied 2 times a day with a thin layer, gently rubbing into the skin over the affected area. The duration of the recommended course is not more than a week.
- with frequent use may develop dryness and irritation on the skin;
- the drug does not affect the ability to drive a car or engage in work requiring increased attention.
Arnica ointment is a homeopathic remedy and, as a rule, does not cause side effects. Rarely, hypersensitivity reactions may occur. With prolonged use may local appearance of blistering dermatitis.
- Dr. Theiss Arnica is available as an ointment of 20 and 50 g in a jar, as well as a gel. The latter is more often used in sports practice with a preventive purpose and has a cooling effect pleasing to the skin. It is available in a tube of 100 ml. Manufacturer of the medicinal product: Theiss Naturwaren GmbH (Germany);
- Arngel - a drug of French origin. Available in the form of a gel of 45 g in a tube. Gel Manufacturer: Laboratoires Boiron;
- Arnica DN is produced in a jar of dark glass of 20 and 30 g each. Manufacturer: Doctor N OOO (Russia);
- Arnica-GF is available in a jar in the form of ointment, as well as in the form of oil for external use. Manufacturer: Homeopathic Pharmacy (Russia);
Arnica is a part of widely used homeopathic ointments. Traumel C and Aim T. Thanks to the combined composition, ointments have a wide range of anti-inflammatory action, relieve pain, prevent the development of degenerative processes and degenerative changes in the joints. Can be used for any diseases of the skin, connective tissue, muscles and joints. Manufacturer of both ointments: Biologische Heilmittel Heel GmbH (Germany).
Terms and conditions of storage
The shelf life of Arnica ointment is 2 years. After the expiration of this period, the use of the drug is prohibited. Keep the drug should be out of the reach of children, at a temperature range of up to 20 degrees. Protect from sunlight!
The price of Arnica ointment
Arnica homeopathic ointment, tube 30, - from 38 rubles.