Arnica ointment user manual
Arnica ointment is a homeopathic preparation of a monocomponent composition based on arnica, which is used to relieve pain and inflammation with bruises and injuries. Also arnica ointment is used to accelerate the resorption of various hematomas.
Arnica has the following properties:
- Has a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect;
- Reduces the permeability of the vascular wall, thereby reducing the swelling of the tissue;
- Has a powerful analgesic effect;
- Acting on the vessels, produces an angioprotective action;
- Restores impaired functions and damaged structure of soft tissue;
- Reduces inflammation of the joints as a result of beneficial effects on synovial, serous and mucous membranes.
Form of issue and composition
Arnika ointment produces in a tube 20 g in a jar of dark glass and 30 g in a tube.
The composition of the drug includes infusion of arnica flowers and auxiliary substances.
Indications for use
Arnica is prescribed for pyoderma, burns, traumas, dermatitis accompanied by itching, as well as after insect bites, inflammatory diseases of the joints and periarticular tissues. The indications are:
- Bruises, sprains, injuries and abrasions;
- Intensive physical loads as a remedy and for a sports massage;
- Dermatitis accompanied by redness and itching;
- Pustular skin lesions;
- Mialgia and arthralgia, resulting from sports;
- Superficial burns (sunny);
- Inflammatory diseases of the joints: arthritis, synovitis;
- Arthropathy of various origin;
- Hematomas of muscles and soft tissues;
- Bruises of different locations.
Arnica ointment is contraindicated:
- Hypersensitivity to the active ingredients or excipients included in the medicinal product;
- Damage to the integrity of the skin;
- Dermatitis accompanied by wetting;
- Infant age up to 1 year.
Application during pregnancy and breastfeeding is possible only on the application of a doctor.
Dosing and Administration
Ointment is applied 2 times a day in a thin layer, gently rubbing into the skin over the affected area. The duration of the recommended course is not more than a week.
- With frequent application possible development of dryness and irritation on the skin;
- The drug does not affect the ability to drive a car or engage in work that requires increased attention.
Arnica ointment is a homeopathic preparation and, as a rule, does not cause side effects. Rarely, hypersensitivity reactions can occur. With prolonged use, a local occurrence of bladder dermatitis is possible.
- Dr. Theiss Arnica is available in the form of ointments for 20 and 50 g in a jar, as well as in the form of a gel. The latter is more often used in sports practice with a prophylactic goal and has a pleasant cooling effect for the skin. It is available in a tube of 100 ml. Drug manufacturer: Theiss Naturwaren GmbH (Germany);
- Arnigel is a drug of French origin. Produced in the form of a gel for 45 grams in a tube. Gel Manufacturer: Laboratoires Boiron;
- Arnika DN is produced in a jar of dark glass for 20 and 30 g. Producer: Dr. N LLC (Russia);
- Arnica-GF is produced in a jar in the form of an ointment, as well as in the form of an oil for external use. Producer: Homeopathic Pharmacy (Russia);
Arnica is a part of widely used homeopathic ointments Traumeel C and Objective T. Due to the combined composition, ointments have a wide range of anti-inflammatory effects, relieve pain, prevent the development of degenerative changes in the joints and degenerative changes. Can be used for any diseases of the skin, connective tissue, muscles and joints. The manufacturer of both ointments: Biologische Heilmittel Heel GmbH (Germany).
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life of Arnica ointment is 2 years. After the expiry of this period, the use of the medicinal product is prohibited. Keep the drug in a place inaccessible to children, with a temperature range of up to 20 degrees. Protect from sunlight!
Price for Arnica Ointment
Arnica ointment homeopathic, tuba 30 g. - from 38 rub.