Arkoksia user's manual
Arkoksia - a drug that has anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antipyretic effect in the treatment of inflammatory diseases of the joints and intraarticular tissues, accompanied by degenerative changes and dystrophic phenomena.
Arkoksia is an inhibitor of cyclooxygenase type 2 (COX-2) selective action. COX-2 is responsible for the formation and distribution in the body of active substances that cause pain, inflammation and fever.
The effectiveness of the drug has been proved by numerous scientific studies, in which it is established:
- the use of 60 mg of the drug in the management of pain syndrome in patients with osteoarthritis significantly improves the patient's condition;
- 90 mg of active ingredient Arcoxia - etorikoksib reduce pain, signs of inflammation and facilitate joint mobility in persons suffering from rheumatoid arthritis or ankylosing spondylitis;
- with an acute attack of gouty arthritis, 120 mg / day should be used, which significantly alleviates the patient's condition and reduces soreness after 4 hours after the first administration of the drug.
Form of issue
Arkoksia is available in tablets that have the shape of an apple. The surface of the tablets is protected by a film. Depending on the dosage, the tablets have a different color.
- etorikoksib - tablets 60 mg (green), 90 mg (white), 120 mg (blue-green).
Also, the tablet contains auxiliary substances that ensure its integrity, color and shape.
Indications for use
Arkoksia is appointed to relieve inflammation, reduce the intensity of pain and antipyretic effect in symptomatic treatment:
- Rheumatoid arthritis, polyarthritis, periarthritis;
- acute gouty arthritis;
- ankylosing spondylitis;
- severe pain syndrome with inflammation of soft tissue diseases;
- pain in injuries, fractures and after surgery.
The drug is contraindicated when:
- hypersensitivity reactions to acting or auxiliary substances that are part of the drug;
- presence in the anamnesis of bronchial asthma, polyps of nasal sinuses and intolerance to NSAIDs;
- the presence of erosions or ulcers of the digestive tract;
- presence of bleeding, inclination to clotting disorder;
- acute inflammation of the intestine (granulomatous enteritis, ulcerative colitis);
- severe cardiac, hepatic, renal failure;
- severe vascular disorders and uncontrolled increase in blood pressure;
- pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- aged less than 16 years.
Dosing and Administration
The dose is selected individually, according to the doctor's prescription. The medicine is taken regardless of the ingestion of food inside. When using it on an empty stomach, the effect manifests itself much faster. Take the pill once a day. The course of treatment should not exceed 8 days.
- with osteoarthritis, the dose can be from 30 to 60 mg, depending on the severity of the symptoms;
- with rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis take 90 mg;
- to relieve pain and inflammation in acute gouty arthritis - 120 mg;
- when acute pain is prescribed 90 or 120 mg, depending on the severity of the pain syndrome;
- when chronic pain is prescribed 60 mg.
With heart or vascular diseases, treatment courses are prescribed as short as possible to reduce the risk of complications.
When appointing Arkoksia, older people do not need to adjust their doses.
In application, the following negative effects are possible:
- neurological: headache, dizziness, general weakness and lethargy, drowsiness. Sometimes there is a noise in the ears. A feeling of anxiety, a depressed state, a decrease in attention can develop. Rarely are there hallucinations or confusion;
- sensory organs: a violation of taste, vision, sensitivity, possible conjunctivitis ;
- Cardiovascular: increased heart rate, increased arterial pressure, impaired cerebral circulation, heart failure, heart attack, hypertensive crisis;
- hematopoiesis: a decrease in hematocrit and hemoglobin, the number of leukocytes and platelets;
- respiratory: cough, the appearance of dyspnea, nosebleeds, respiratory infections, bronchospasm;
- digestive: dyspeptic phenomena, accompanied by nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, flatulence. Possible pain in the abdomen, increased liver transaminases, constipation, dry mouth, changes in appetite, inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract ( gastritis , esophagitis, gastroenteritis, hepatitis), the formation of the gastrointestinal ulcer, the development of irritable bowel syndrome , the appearance of ulcers on the mucous membrane of the mouth;
- urinary excretion: proteinuria, urinary tract infection, renal failure;
- musculoskeletal: convulsions , pain in the joints and muscles;
- cutaneous: hemorrhages in the skin or mucous membranes, face swelling, rashes on the skin, accompanied by itching, hives, as well as in isolated cases - a syndrome of exudative erythema, epidermal necrolysis;
- allergic: anaphylactic reactions, including a sharp decrease in arterial pressure, shock;
- Other: flu-like syndrome, peripheral edema, fluid retention in the body, chest pain, weight gain, azotemia, azoturia, increased creatinine, potassium and sodium levels in the blood, hyperuricemia.
- when prescribing the drug, perforation, ulceration or bleeding from the upper parts of the digestive tract is possible, up to a lethal outcome;
- caution should be given to patients taking other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, especially acetylsalicylic acid;
- in the presence of pathology on the part of the heart or vessels, it is necessary to prescribe the drug in short courses and in the lowest effective dosage, since with the use of etorikoksib, the development of thrombotic complications is possible;
- there should be careful monitoring of kidney function in persons prone to impairment of their function, since etorikoksib can reduce renal blood flow;
- when taking medication, fluid retention in the body, the development of edema and hypertension may occur. Therefore, when prescribing a drug for patients with a tendency to such phenomena, it is necessary to observe precautions, pay special attention to control of blood pressure, and in case of worsening, take appropriate measures until the drug is discontinued and alternative treatment is prescribed;
- at possible pathologies of the liver, it is necessary to control the level of transaminases in the blood;
- special attention should be paid to elderly people, if there is a violation of the function of any of the body systems, if there is dehydration in the patient;
- serious skin lesions manifested itself in isolated cases. Anaphylactic reactions and development of Quincke edema are possible, due to which attention should be paid to the presence of allergic reactions in the patient's history to any medication. When the first skin manifestations appear, the medicine should be discarded;
- with caution prescribed when taking warfarin and other oral anticoagulants;
- etorikoksib not recommended when planning pregnancy;
- the composition of Arkoksia includes lactose, as a result of which the drug is contraindicated for persons suffering from its intolerance.
Analogs of Arcoxia
Drugs with the same composition as Arkoksia do not. There are similar preparations with active substance from the group of coxibes:
- Dilax (KRKA-Rus, Russia), Celebrex (Pfizer Pharmaceuticals, Puerto Rico) contain celecoxib. Is issued on 100, 200 mg in capsules. It is used to treat the same pathologies as etorikoksib;
- Dinastat (parecoxib) is available as a lyophilizate for the preparation of a solution for injection (Searle, Puerto Rico). It is used for severe pain syndrome.
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life is 3 years. After the expiration of this period, the use of the medicinal product is prohibited. Keep the tablets in a place inaccessible to children, with a temperature range not exceeding 30 degrees.
Arcoxia tablets 60 mg, 7 pcs. - from 355 rubles.
Arkoxia tablets 90 mg, 7 pcs. - from 430 rubles.
Arcoxia tablets 120 mg, 7 pcs. - from 536 rubles.