Arcoxia instructions for use
Arcoxia - a drug that has anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antipyretic effect in the treatment of inflammatory diseases of the joints and intraarticular tissues, accompanied by degenerative changes and dystrophic phenomena.
Arcoxia is a type 2 cyclooxygenase (COX-2) inhibitor of selective action. COX-2 is responsible for the formation and distribution in the body of active substances that cause pain, inflammation and fever.
The effectiveness of the drug has been proven by numerous scientific studies, in which it has been established:
- the use of 60 mg of the drug in the relief of pain in patients with osteoarthritis, significantly improves the patient's condition;
- 90 mg of the active ingredient Arcoxia-Etoricoxib reduce pain, signs of inflammation and facilitate joint mobility in people suffering from rheumatoid arthritis or ankylosing spondylitis;
- In the case of an acute attack of gouty arthritis, 120 mg / day should be applied, which greatly alleviates the patient's condition and reduces pain already 4 hours after the first dose of the drug.
Arcoxia is available in tablets that are apple-shaped. The surface of the tablets is protected by a film. Depending on the dosage of the tablets have a different color.
- Etoricoxib - tablets 60 mg (green), 90 mg (white), 120 mg (blue-green).
Also included in the tablet are excipients that ensure its integrity, color and shape.
Indications for use
Arcoxia is prescribed to relieve inflammation, reduce the severity of pain and antipyretic effect in symptomatic treatment:
- rheumatoid arthritis, polyarthritis, periarthritis;
- acute gouty arthritis;
- ankylosing spondylitis;
- severe pain in inflammation of soft tissue diseases;
- pain in injuries, fractures and after surgery.
The drug is contraindicated in:
- hypersensitivity reactions to the active or auxiliary substances included in the composition of the medicinal product;
- history of bronchial asthma, nasal sinus polyps, and NSAID intolerance;
- the presence of erosions or ulcers of the digestive tract;
- the presence of bleeding, a tendency to coagulation;
- acute intestinal inflammation (granulomatous enteritis, ulcerative colitis);
- severe cardiac, hepatic, renal failure;
- severe vascular disorders and an uncontrolled increase in blood pressure;
- pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- less than 16 years old.
Dosing and Administration
Selection of the dose occurs individually, as prescribed by the doctor. The medication is taken regardless of the ingestion of food. When used on an empty stomach, the effect is much faster. Take a pill once a day. The course of treatment should not exceed 8 days.
- in osteoarthritis, the dose may be from 30 to 60 mg, depending on the severity of symptoms;
- for rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis take 90 mg;
- for relieving pain and inflammation in acute gouty arthritis - 120 mg;
- in acute pain, 90 or 120 mg is prescribed, depending on the severity of the pain syndrome;
- for chronic pain, 60 mg is prescribed.
For diseases of the heart or blood vessels, treatment courses are prescribed as short as possible in order to reduce the risk of complications.
With the appointment of Arcoxia elderly people dose adjustment is not required.
When applying, the following negative effects are possible:
- neurological: headache, dizziness, general weakness and lethargy, drowsiness. Sometimes there is tinnitus. You may develop a feeling of anxiety, depression, loss of attention. The occurrence of hallucinations or confusion is rarely observed;
- the senses: a violation of taste, vision, sensitivity, possible conjunctivitis ;
- Cardiovascular: heart palpitations, increased arterial pressure, cerebrovascular accident, heart failure, heart attack, hypertensive crisis;
- blood formation: decrease in hematocrit and hemoglobin, white blood cell and platelet counts;
- respiratory: cough, shortness of breath, nosebleeds, respiratory infections, bronchospasm;
- digestive: dyspeptic symptoms, accompanied by nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, flatulence. Possible pain in the abdomen, increased transaminases of the liver, constipation, dry mouth, changes in appetite, inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract ( gastritis , esophagitis, gastroenteritis, hepatitis), the formation of gastrointestinal ulcer, the development of irritable bowel syndrome , the appearance of ulcers on the oral mucosa;
- urinary: proteinuria, urinary tract infections, renal failure;
- musculoskeletal: cramps , pain in the joints and muscles;
- skin: hemorrhages in the skin or mucous membranes, swelling of the face, rashes on the skin, accompanied by itching, urticaria, and in rare cases - syndrome of exudative erythema, epidermal necrolysis;
- allergic: anaphylactic reactions, including a sharp decrease in arterial pressure, shock;
- others: influenza-like syndrome, peripheral edema, fluid retention, chest pain, weight gain, azotemia, azoturia, increased creatinine, potassium and sodium in the blood, hyperuricemia.
- in the appointment of the drug is possible perforation, the formation of ulcers or bleeding from the upper digestive tract until death;
- it is necessary to prescribe with caution to patients taking other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, especially acetylsalicylic acid;
- if there is a pathology on the part of the heart or blood vessels, it is necessary to prescribe a drug in short courses and in the smallest effective dosage, since with the use of Etoricoxib, thrombotic complications may develop;
- there should be careful monitoring of renal function in individuals prone to impairing their function, since etoricoxib may reduce renal blood flow;
- When you take a drug, fluid retention in the body, the development of edema and hypertension can occur. Therefore, when prescribing a drug for patients with a tendency to such phenomena, it is necessary to take precautions, pay special attention to blood pressure control, and in case of deterioration, take appropriate measures until the drug is canceled and alternative treatment is prescribed;
- in case of possible liver pathologies, it is necessary to control the level of transaminases in the blood;
- special attention should be paid to the elderly, in the event of a dysfunction of any of the body systems, in the presence of dehydration in the patient;
- serious skin lesions manifested in isolated cases. Anaphylactic reactions and the development of angioedema are possible, due to which one should pay attention to the presence of allergic reactions in the patient's history of any medications. When the first skin manifestations appear, the medicine should be withdrawn;
- caution is prescribed when taking warfarin and other oral anticoagulants;
- etoricoxib is not recommended for use in pregnancy planning;
- Arcoxia contains lactose, as a result of which the drug is contraindicated for persons suffering from its intolerance.
Analogs of Arcoxia
There are no drugs with the same composition as Arcoxia. There are drugs similar in action with the active substance from the group of Coxibs:
- Dilax (KRKA-Rus, Russia), Celebrex (Pfizer Pharmaceuticals, Puerto Rico) contain celecoxib. Available in 100, 200 mg capsules. It is used to treat the same pathologies as etoricoxib;
- Dynastat (parecoxib) is available as a lyophilisate for preparing the solution for injection (Searle, Puerto Rico). It is used for severe pain syndrome.
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life is 3 years. After the expiration of this period, the use of the drug is prohibited. Keep the tablets should be out of the reach of children, at a temperature range not exceeding 30 degrees.
Arcoxia tablets 60 mg, 7 pcs. - from 355 rubles.
Arcoxia tablets 90 mg, 7 pcs. - from 430 rubles.
Arcoxia tablets 120 mg, 7 pcs. - from 536 rubles.