Arifon retard application instruction
Arifon retard is a drug with a diuretic effect, which is accompanied by a decrease in blood pressure, and is prescribed for primary and secondary hypertension.
The composition of the drug is indapamide - a substance that blocks the absorption of sodium ions by the kidney cells. As a result of this, kidneys excrete sodium, chlorine, potassium and magnesium, increases diuresis (the amount of urine produced) and the diuretic effect occurs.
Increased diuresis leads to a decrease in fluid accumulation in the tissues and cavities, which significantly reduces peripheral edema and has a hypotensive effect.
In the course of numerous studies of Arifon retard, scientists have proven the following effects:
- increased diuresis by inhibiting the reabsorption of sodium ions in the kidneys;
- 24-hour antihypertensive effect;
- improving the elastic properties of blood vessels, reducing resistance in arterioles and peripheral vessels;
- reduction of left ventricular hypertrophy of the heart muscle;
- no effect on lipid metabolism (triglycerides, cholesterol, lipoprotein fractions);
- lack of effect on the metabolism of carbohydrates, which is especially important in people with diabetes.
The drug is prescribed by a doctor and dispensed from pharmacies by prescription only.
The dosage form is a modified release tablet. They look round, convex on both sides, the color of the tablets is white. The top surface of the tablet is protected by a film shell.
1 tablet contains:
- indapamide - 1.5 mg.
The tablet contains excipients that ensure the stability of the form and action of the drug.
Indications for use
The only indication for the appointment of Arifon retard is:
- primary hypertension, which is a persistent increase in pressure resulting from individual tendency;
- secondary arterial hypertension, which is the result of an independent disease that is most often associated with renal pathology or endocrine disorders.
The drug is contraindicated:
- in case of hypersensitivity reactions to the active or auxiliary substances included in the composition of the medicinal product;
- with a significant increase in creatinine levels as a result of renal failure;
- in liver failure, accompanied by severe liver dysfunction and encephalopathy;
- with a reduced content of potassium in the body;
- with lactose intolerance and other diseases associated with this defect;
- during pregnancy to relieve physiological edema, since indapamide can cause placental ischemia and lead to fetal development disorders;
- during breastfeeding, since the active substance is able to penetrate into breast milk;
- under 18 due to lack of data.
How to take Arifon retard
Arifon retard take 1 tablet per day. Reception is recommended in the morning. The pill is swallowed whole, washed down with enough water.
An increase in the dose of the drug taken leads to an increase in the diuretic action, but is not accompanied by an increase in the hypotonic effect.
Correction of the dosage, in the absence of severe renal failure, is generally not required in the elderly. But careful monitoring of the creatinine level is necessary.
Side effects are dose-dependent in nature and decrease with the proper selection of the dosage of the drug:
- in the blood and lymph: a decrease in the number of platelets, leukocytes, agranulitsitoz, anemia;
- on the part of the nervous system: asthenia, headache, dizziness, fainting is not excluded;
- heart and vessels: arrhythmia, severe hypotension;
- digestive tract: vomiting, nausea, constipation, pancreatitis can rarely be observed;
- kidneys and urinary system: renal failure;
- liver and gallbladder: impaired function, sometimes encephalopathy may develop;
- skin and PZHK: allergic reactions, the appearance of photosensitivity.
- Arifon retard in combination with lithium preparations may cause an overdose of lithium as a result of a decrease in its elimination;
- some antiarrhythmic drugs, neuroleptics, antibiotics can increase the risk of developing pirouette-type arrhythmias;
- nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs may reduce the antihypertensive effect of indapamide;
- caution is necessary to use a combination of indapamide with ACE inhibitors, as it increases the risk of a sharp drop in blood pressure and the development of acute heart failure;
- steroids, amphotericin B, laxatives that stimulate intestinal motility may, in combination with indapamide, lead to the development of hypokalemia or a decrease in the hypotensive effect;
- baclofen enhances the hypotensive effect;
- toxic effect of cardiac glycosides increases with the development of hypokalemia;
- complex therapy with other potassium-sparing diuretics requires careful monitoring of potassium levels;
- Metformin increases the risk of acidosis;
- iodine-containing contrast medicines increase renal failure;
- antidepressants, neuroleptics increase the risk of severe hypotension;
- calcium supplements can lead to the development of hypercalcemia;
- cyclosporine and tacrolimus increase the amount of creatinine.
- on the part of the liver, a violation of its function and the development of encephalopathy is possible;
- with a tendency to allergic reactions and photosensitivity, it is necessary to protect the skin from the action of sunlight;
- with the use of the drug may develop electrolyte imbalance, reducing the amount of sodium and potassium ions, increase calcium, and therefore, it is necessary to monitor and adjust the ionic composition of blood plasma;
- in patients with diabetes mellitus, it is especially necessary to monitor the level of potassium in the blood;
- exacerbation of gout is possible;
- with existing renal failure, the patient’s condition may worsen;
- in athletes, the reception of Arifon retard can give a positive result during the passage of doping control;
- indapamide does not affect the central nervous system, but with the manifestation of individual characteristics, a decrease in psychomotor reactions is possible.
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life is 2 years. After the expiration of this period, the use of the drug is prohibited. Keep the tablets should be out of the reach of children, at a temperature range not exceeding 30 degrees.
Analogues Arifon retard
Analogs of domestic manufacturer:
- Indapamide (ZIO-Health);
- Indapamide MV Stada (MAKIZ-PHARMA);
- Ionik retard (Obolensky - pharmaceutical company).
Analogs of foreign manufacturers:
- Akuter-Sanovel (Sanovel Pharmaceutical Products Ind. Inc., Turkey);
- Indapamide retard Teva (Merckle, Germany);
- Lorvas CP (Torrent Pharmaceuticals, India);
- Retapres (J.Biopharm, India).
Price for Arifon retard
Arifon retard controlled-release tablets 1.5 mg, 30 pcs. - from 305 rubles.