Arbidol user's manual
Arbidol - a drug that has antiviral and immunostimulating effect, the effect of which is due to the simultaneous launch of several mechanisms. It prevents the fusion of the virus and cell membrane, stimulates the production of interferon, activates the humoral and cellular immune defense of the organism, enhances the phagocytic activity of macrophages.
As a result of the drug, the following is observed:
- Antiviral and immunostimulating effect;
- Reduction of symptoms of toxic effects and clinical manifestations in the development of the disease;
- Decrease in the incidence of complications in the form of development of bronchitis or pneumonia in viral lesions;
- An increase in the period of remission with frequent exacerbations of chronic bacterial infections.
Numerous scientific studies have confirmed the validity of the use of umifenovir with a preventive and curative purpose for influenza and other acute respiratory viral infections. Its use is for adults. Preventive use preventive use significantly reduces the risk of infection, and in the case of the development of the disease contributes to its easier flow and rapid recovery.
The use of Arbidol for the treatment of viral infections is most effective for early administration (in the first 48 hours).
Form of issue
Arbdol is available in a dosage of 50 mg in the form of capsules with a yellow coating, as well as in a dosage of 100 mg with a yellow lid. Inside the shell is a white mixture of granules and powder, sometimes with a light green, yellow or light cream color. In the package of 10, 20 and 40 capsules.
The active substance of the drug:
- Umifenovir - 50, 100 mg.
In addition, it includes auxiliary substances that ensure the stability of the dosage form.
Indications for use
Arbidol is used:
- In complex therapy for intestinal damage by rotaviruses (viral enteritis);
- With acute respiratory infections of the upper and lower respiratory tract, accompanied by pneumonia, exacerbation of chronic bronchitis;
- Influenza A and B;
- For prevention and treatment of secondary immunodeficiencies;
- To reduce the frequency of recurrences of chronic bronchitis, pneumonia and herpes;
- For the prevention of postoperative infectious complications and restoration of the immune status.
The drug is contraindicated:
- When hypersensitivity reactions to the active ingredients or excipients that make up the drug;
- Children under 3 years.
The use during pregnancy and during lactation can be prescribed only by a doctor, since no studies have been conducted, and there is no reliable information on the safety of the drug.
Dosing and Administration
Take the drug orally before meals, without chewing and drinking with a sufficient amount of water.
Single dose (rd) for each age is assigned individually:
- Use in children under 3 years is contraindicated;
- For young children from 3 to 6 years old. The preparation is 1 capsule with a dosage of 50 mg;
- Children of school age from 6 years to 12 in the form of rd. Prescribe the use of 1 capsule for 100 mg of the drug or 2 capsules of 50 mg.
- For children aged 12 years and for adults. Equals 200 mg, which is 1 capsule of Arbidolum Maximum, 2 capsules with a dosage of 100 mg or 4 with a dosage of 50 mg per dose.
|Up to 3 years||Contraindicated|
|From 3 to 6 years||50 mg|
|From 6 to 12 years||100 mg|
|From 12 years||200 mg|
- For the prevention of the development of the disease in contact with an already ill person is recommended the intake of 1 r.d. Per day for at least two weeks;
- In the autumn-winter period, characterized by frequent epidemics of acute respiratory diseases, it is necessary to apply 1 p.d. Every 3-4 days for 3 consecutive weeks;
- To prevent the occurrence of complications in the rehabilitation period after surgery, 1 r.d. 48 hours prior to surgery, then on the second and fifth day after it.
- In viral diseases and in the complex treatment of rotavirus enteritis by 1 r.d. 4 times a day. Duration of admission is 5 days;
- In viral diseases with complications in the form of exacerbation of bronchitis or the development of pneumonia symptoms by 1 p.d. 4 times a day for 5 days. After that, the medicine is applied once a week for 1 month;
- In severe acute respiratory syndrome (atypical pneumonia) caused by coronaroviruses, from the age of 12 it is recommended to take 200 mg twice a day. Duration of treatment is not less than 8-10 days;
- When treating relapsing chronic diseases in combination with other drugs, Arbidol is used with a periodicity of 6 hours for 1 ppm. For 7 days, after which the intake is reduced to 2 times a week for 1 month.
Of the side effects can be observed only allergic reactions to the components of the drug, as the drug is very well tolerated and does not have a negative effect on the body.
Arbidol is very well tolerated, does not affect the central nervous system. It can be used to treat and prevent diseases in people with a profession associated with increased attention.
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life is 3 years. After the expiry of this period, the use of the medicinal product is prohibited. Keep the tablets in a place inaccessible to children, with a temperature range not exceeding 25 degrees.
Analogues of Arbidol
A variant of the drug is Arbidol Maximum in capsules of 200 mg, which is much more convenient for admission in children from 12 years of age and adults. Indications for use are the same.
Drugs with a similar active ingredient:
- Arpetolide - film-coated tablets. Dosage 50, 100 mg. Tablet manufacturer: LEFFARM, Republic of Belarus;
- Arpeflus have the same dosage form, composition and dosage. The manufacturer is also Lekpharm, Republic of Belarus;
- ORITOL TM is also available in capsules with appropriate dosages. Producer: H. Ten Herkel, The Netherlands.
The price of Arbidol in capsules
Arbidol capsules 100 mg, 10 pcs. - from 214 rubles.
Arbidol capsules 100 mg, 40 pcs. - from 791 rubles.