Arbidol instructions for use
Arbidol is a drug that has antiviral and immunostimulating effects, the effect of which is caused by the simultaneous launch of several mechanisms. It prevents the fusion of the virus and the cell membrane, stimulates the production of interferon, activates the humoral and cellular immune defense of the body, enhances the phagocytic activity of macrophages.
As a result of the action of the drug is observed:
- antiviral and immunostimulating effect;
- reduction of toxic effects and clinical manifestations during the development of the disease;
- reduction in the incidence of complications such as the development of bronchitis or pneumonia in viral lesions;
- an increase in the period of remission with frequent exacerbations of chronic infections of a bacterial nature.
Numerous scientific studies have confirmed the use of umifenovir for prophylactic and therapeutic purposes in case of influenza and other acute respiratory viral infections. Its use is in adults. Prophylactic use of prophylactic use significantly reduces the risk of infection, and in the case of the development of the disease contributes to its easier course and quick recovery.
The use of Arbidol for the treatment of viral infections is most effective for early administration (in the first 48 hours).
Arbdol is available in a dosage of 50 mg in the form of capsules with a yellow shell, as well as in a dosage of 100 mg with a yellow cap. Inside the shell is a white mixture of granules and powder, sometimes with a light green, yellow or light cream shade. Pack of 10, 20 and 40 capsules.
Active ingredient of the drug:
- Umifenovir - 50, 100 mg.
In addition to its composition includes excipients that ensure the stability of the dosage form.
Indications for use
Arbidol is applied:
- in the treatment of intestinal lesions with rotaviruses (viral enteritis);
- in acute respiratory infections of the upper and lower respiratory tract, accompanied by pneumonia, exacerbation of chronic bronchitis;
- influenza A and B;
- for the prevention and treatment of secondary immunodeficiencies;
- to reduce the frequency of recurrence of chronic bronchitis, pneumonia and herpes;
- for the prevention of postoperative infectious complications and restoration of the immune status.
The drug is contraindicated:
- in case of hypersensitivity reactions to the active or auxiliary substances included in the composition of the medicinal product;
- children under 3 years old.
Use during pregnancy and lactation can only be prescribed by a doctor, since studies have not been conducted, and there is no reliable information about the safety of the drug.
Dosing and Administration
Take the drug orally before meals, without chewing and drinking plenty of water.
A single dose (rd) for each age is prescribed individually:
- use in children under 3 years of age is contraindicated;
- for young children from 3 to 6 years old the drug is 1 capsule with a dosage of 50 mg;
- children of school age from 6 to 12 years old prescribe the use of 1 capsule of 100 mg of the drug or 2 capsules of 50 mg.
- for children from the age of 12 and for adults equals 200 mg, which is 1 capsule of Arbidol. Maximum, 2 capsules with a dosage of 100 mg or 4 with a dosage of 50 mg per dose.
|Up to 3 years||contraindicated|
|From 3 to 6 years||50 mg|
|From 6 to 12 years||100 mg|
|From 12 years old||200 mg|
Arbidol is prescribed:
- for the prevention of the development of the disease upon contact with an already ill person, the use of 1 ppm is recommended. per day at least two weeks;
- in the autumn-winter period, which is characterized by frequent epidemics of acute respiratory diseases, it is necessary to apply 1 times a day. every 3-4 days for 3 weeks in a row;
- to prevent the occurrence of complications in the rehabilitation period after surgical interventions, 1 rd is prescribed. 48 hours before surgery, then on the second and fifth day after.
- in viral diseases and as part of the complex treatment of rotavirus enteritis, 1 rd 4 times a day. The duration of treatment is 5 days;
- in viral diseases with complications such as exacerbation of bronchitis or the development of symptoms of pneumonia, 1 rd 4 times a day for 5 days. After that, the drug is used 1 time per week for 1 month;
- in severe acute respiratory syndrome (atypical pneumonia) caused by coronary viruses, from 12 years old it is recommended to take 200 mg twice a day. The duration of treatment is at least 8-10 days;
- In the treatment of recurrent chronic diseases in combination with other drugs, Arbidol is used with a frequency of 6 hours, 1 rpm. for 7 days, after which the reception is reduced to 2 times a week for 1 month.
Of the side effects, only allergic reactions to the components of the drug can be observed, since the drug is very well tolerated and does not adversely affect the body.
Arbidol is very well tolerated, does not affect the central nervous system. It can be used for the treatment and prevention of diseases in individuals with a profession associated with increased attention.
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life is 3 years. After the expiration of this period, the use of the drug is prohibited. Keep the tablets should be out of the reach of children, at a temperature range not exceeding 25 degrees.
Analogs of Arbidol
A variety of the drug is Arbidol. Maximum capsules of 200 mg, which is much more convenient to take in children from 12 years and adults. Indications for use are the same.
Medicinal products with the same active ingredient:
- Arpetolid - tablets with a film cover. Dosage 50, 100 mg. Tablet manufacturer: Lekfarm, Republic of Belarus;
- Arpeflu have the same dosage form, composition and dosage. The manufacturer also Lecpharm, Republic of Belarus;
- ORVitol NP is also available in capsule form with appropriate dosages. The manufacturer of the drug: H. Ten Herkel, the Netherlands.
The price of Arbidol capsules
Arbidol capsules 100 mg, 10 pcs. - from 214 rubles.
Arbidol capsules 100 mg, 40 pcs. - from 791 rubles.