Antisten MW instruction manual
Antisten MV is an antihypoxant and antioxidant drug that is prescribed for coronary heart disease, various forms of angina pectoris and vestibular disorders. It enhances the energy metabolism of the heart, reduces myocardial damage during ischemia, reduces blood pressure fluctuations, increases the contractility of the left ventricle during ischemic dysfunction, and has a beneficial effect on brain neurons.
Numerous studies have shown that trimetazidine has such effects as:
- maintaining the energy metabolism of the heart and nervous tissue during ischemia;
- reduces the degree of intracellular decrease in PH and the negative effect of acidosis developing in ischemia;
- reduces the size of myocardial damage;
- does not affect hemodynamic parameters themselves.
In persons suffering from angina pectoris, trimetazidine:
- significantly slows the process of ischemia caused by physical stress by increasing the coronary reserve;
- reduces the possibility of fluctuations in blood pressure resulting from physical activity, while not affecting the heart rate;
- reduces the need for taking drugs based on nitroglycerin and the frequency of angina attacks;
- with a tendency to ischemic dysfunction, Antisten MV significantly improves the contractility of the left ventricle.
Trimetazidine is recommended for use in patients with stable angina pectoris, both as a single agent and as part of a comprehensive treatment of the disease, to enhance the anti-anginal effect.
The drug is prescribed by a doctor and dispensed from pharmacies by prescription only.
Release form and composition
Antisten MB is available in round, biconvex, release-release, pink-coated tablets. The number of tablets in a pack varies from 10 to 100 pieces, which may be in a cell contour packaging or a polymer container.
The active ingredient of the drug is:
- Trimetazidine - 35 mg.
In addition, the composition includes excipients that ensure the integrity and shape of the tablet, a uniform release of the active substance.
Indications for use
Antisten MW is appointed:
- with coronary heart disease;
- angina pectoris;
- in the complex treatment of ischemic cardiomyopathy;
- with degenerative changes in the choroid and occlusion of retinal vessels;
- with dizziness, noise in the ears, the development of hearing loss and other vestibular disorders;
- with Meniere's disease.
The drug is contraindicated:
- in case of hypersensitivity reactions to the active or auxiliary substances included in the composition of the medicinal product;
- Parkinson's disease, a tendency to motor impairment;
- restless legs syndrome, frequent tremor;
- severe renal failure;
- children under the age of 18;
- pregnant women;
- women when breastfeeding.
With caution, the drug is prescribed an increased level of creatinine in old age.
Dosing and Administration
Antisten MB is taken orally 1 tablet 2 times a day - in the morning and in the evening, during the meal. Exceed 70 mg per day (2 tablets) is impossible, since this is the maximum dosage. The course of treatment is prescribed by an individually qualified specialist.
In the elderly over 75 years of age, the dosage usually does not require adjustment and amounts to 70 mg per day, however, precautions must be taken and the condition of these patients monitored.
In patients with renal insufficiency, the daily dosage is 1 tablet, which is taken 1 time per day during breakfast.
Antisten MF is usually very well tolerated, in some cases possible:
- frequent side effects: abdominal pain, loose stools, nausea, vomiting and other dyspeptic disorders, asthenia, dizziness, headache, skin rash, accompanied by itching and redness may develop;
- rare phenomena: a feeling of increased heart rate, tachycardia , a sharp or pronounced decrease in blood pressure, hot flashes in the face;
- negative effects, the frequency of which according to available data has not been established: constipation, parkinsonian symptoms, including shakiness, tremor and other motor disorders, eczematous pustus, angioedema , hepatitis, agranulocytosis, decrease in the number of platelets in the blood.
- the drug is not used for the relief of strokes;
- it is not used in the prehospital or post-infarction period in the first few days;
- under the effect of the drug, parkinsonian symptoms may increase, and therefore, careful monitoring is necessary when it is used in individuals with a tendency toward this group of diseases;
- in case of aggravation of symptoms of movement disorders, consultation of a neurologist is necessary, it may be necessary to cancel the drug;
- It is necessary to prescribe the drug with caution to persons suffering from renal impairment, as well as to elderly people over 75 years old.
Terms and conditions of storage
The shelf life of Antisten MB is 3 years. After the expiration of this period, the use of the drug is prohibited. Keep the tablets should be out of the reach of children, at a temperature range not exceeding 25 degrees. The drug must be protected from high humidity and direct sunlight.
Analogs Antisten MW
There are a lot of drugs with a similar composition based on trimetazidine, different manufacturer. However, a similar composition of drugs does not mean equal bioavailability and the same effect.
- Deprenorm MW (Kanonpharma Production);
- Tridukard MV (North Star);
- Trimektal MV (VERTEX);
- Trimetazidine (ZIO-Health);
- Trimetazidine MW (Ozone Farm);
- Trimetazidine-Biocom MV (Biocom).
- Angiosil Retard (Replekpharm AD, Republic of Macedonia);
- Predizin (Gedeon Richter, Romania, Hungary or Poland);
- Preductal MB (Anpharm, Poland or Serdiks Ltd., Russia); Precard (Micro Labs, India);
- Rimekor MV (Pharma Start, Ukraine);
- Trimetazidine MB-Teva (Merckle, Germany);
- Trimitard MB (Lekfarm, Republic of Belarus).
Prices for Antisten MW
Antistenus MV tablets of prolonged action, film coated 35 mg, 60 pcs. - from 423 rubles.