Antigrippin Powder user manual
Antigrippin is a medicinal preparation with a combined composition, which has an anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, analgesic effect. Due to the antihistamine component it eliminates the puffiness of the upper respiratory tract, facilitating the passage of air and restoring breathing. Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) stimulates immunity, increases the resistance of the body to bacterial and viral diseases, shows a pronounced antioxidant effect.
Form of issue
Antigrippin is available in bags. Drug form of the preparation: granular powder with particles of white, grayish-beige or light brown color, in which brown inclusions are possible. Has a specific smell. Used to prepare a solution that is taken orally. The number of sachets in a cardboard bundle can be different: from 1 to 30 pieces.
The composition of the medicinal product includes:
- paracetamol - 500 mg;
- chlorphenamine 10 mg;
- ascorbic acid - 200 mg.
The taste of the solution can be chamomile with the addition of extract of chamomile, or honey-lemon, due to lime, caramel and honey flavors.
Indications for use
Acute respiratory infections caused by bacterial or viral flora, accompanied by symptoms such as:
- increased body temperature;
- malaise, severe chills;
- arthralgia, myalgia;
- sensation of nasal congestion;
- pain in the goal and nasal sinuses.
Antigrippin is contraindicated:
- at hypersensitivity reactions on acting or auxiliary substances included in the composition;
- at an erosive-ulcerative lesion of the digestive tract in the acute phase or in the period of exacerbation of the chronic course;
- with severe renal or hepatic insufficiency;
- persons suffering from an angle-closure glaucoma;
- people who are prone to alcoholism;
- in phenylketonuria;
- men with prostate hyperplasia;
- children under the age of 15;
- pregnant women;
- women with breastfeeding.
With caution Antigrippin can be used for renal / hepatic insufficiency, glucose dehydrogenase enzyme deficiency, congenital bilirubinemia (increased bilirubin content in the blood), viral and alcoholic hepatitis, in old age.
Dosing and Administration
The powder must be dissolved in 200 milliliters (a glass) of warm water, stir well and drink well. 1 packet is a single dose. You can take 2-3 packages per day. The time between antigrippin should not be less than 4 hours. It is recommended to take it in the period between meals, 2 hours before or after meals.
In the absence of contraindications, the drug can be taken without the appointment of a doctor, but no more than 5 days for an analgesic effect, and no more than 3 days as an antipyretic.
People aged and persons suffering from impaired function or condition of the liver or kidney should take the medication no more often than 8 hours later.
Antigrippin is well tolerated, in rare cases, the following side effects are possible:
- neurological: headache, fatigue;
- gastrointestinal: pain in the abdomen, nausea;
- endocrine: hypoglycemia;
- hemopoiesis: anemia, thrombocytopenia;
- allergic: all types of hypersensitivity type I - rashes, itching, Quincke's edema , anaphylactic shock, as well as exudative erythema, epidermal necrolysis;
- Other: hypervitaminosis, metabolic disorders, dry mouth, accommodation disorders, urinary retention, drowsiness.
When taking it is necessary to take into account the toxic effect of paracetamol on the liver, as well as the effect of vitamins on proliferative diseases:
- To avoid toxic effects on the liver, do not combine paracetamol with alcohol or use the drug for people who are prone to alcoholism;
- increased side effects of paracetamol on the liver observed with alcoholic hepatosis;
- when using products containing vitamins, persons suffering from proliferative and metastatic tumors may worsen the course;
- when receiving possible distortion of the results of laboratory data on the level of glucose and uric acid in the blood, the amount of bilirubin, the activity of transaminases and lactate dehydrogenase;
- at long reception it is necessary to watch a condition of peripheric blood, a liver and kidneys;
- while concomitant administration of metoclopramide (Cerucal), domperidone (Motilium), colestyramine (Questran), it is recommended to consult a doctor;
- Antigrippin contains sugar, which must be taken into account for people with diabetes.
Terms and conditions of storage
Antigrippin has a shelf life of 3 years. After the expiration of this period, the use of the medicinal product is prohibited. Keep the drug in a place inaccessible to children, with a temperature range of 10 to 30 degrees.
There are a lot of drugs with a similar action, but the complete analogue of the drug for active substances is only Antiflu Kidz. However, dosages are reduced due to use in childhood.
The most well-known analogues of pharmacological action are:
- Teraflu, Antiflu for adults instead of ascorbic acid contain phenylephrine, to enhance the anti-edematous effect;
- Vix Active is characterized by the addition of guaifenesin, which has an expectorant effect with a damp cough;
- Grippostad contains caffeine, which has spasmolytic effect on the lower respiratory tract, tonic effect on the vessels of the brain and the whole body;
- Coldrex has the most complex composition: paracetamol, caffeine, phenylephrine, vitamin C, terpin hydrate (expectorant);
- Furvex instead of chlorphenamine contains phenyramine maleate, which also has an antihistamine effect and reduces swelling.
Prices for Antigrippin
Antigrippin powder for solution for oral administration, 6 bags - from 170 rub.