Antigrippin powder instructions for use
Antigrippin - a drug with a combined composition, which has anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, analgesic effect. Due to the antihistamine component eliminates the swelling of the upper respiratory tract, facilitating the passage of air and restoring breathing. Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) stimulates the immune system, increases the body's resistance to bacterial and viral diseases, exhibits a pronounced antioxidant effect.
Antigrippin is available in bags. Dosage form of the drug: granulated powder with particles of white, greyish-beige or light brown color, in which brown patches are possible. It has a specific smell. Used to prepare a solution that is taken orally. The number of bags in a cardboard box can be different: from 1 to 30 pieces.
The composition of the drug includes:
- paracetamol - 500 mg;
- chlorphenamine - 10 mg;
- ascorbic acid - 200 mg.
The taste of the solution can be chamomile with the addition of chamomile extract to the composition of the preparation, or honey-lemon, caused by lime, caramel and honey flavors.
Indications for use
Acute respiratory infections caused by bacterial or viral flora, accompanied by symptoms such as:
- malaise, marked chills;
- arthralgia, myalgia;
- feeling of nasal congestion;
- pain in gol and sinuses.
Antigrippin is contraindicated:
- in hypersensitivity reactions to the active or auxiliary substances included in the composition;
- with erosive and ulcerative lesions of the digestive tract in the acute phase or during the exacerbation of the chronic course;
- in severe renal or hepatic impairment;
- persons suffering from angle-closure glaucoma;
- persons prone to alcoholism;
- with phenylketonuria;
- men with prostatic hyperplasia;
- children under the age of 15;
- pregnant women;
- women when breastfeeding.
Precautions Antigrippin can be used for kidney / liver failure, deficiency of the enzyme glucose dehydrogenase, congenital bilirubinemia (elevated levels of bilirubin in the blood), viral and alcoholic hepatitis, in old age.
Dosing and Administration
The powder must be dissolved in 200 milliliters (glass) of warm water, mix well and drink. 1 pack is a single dose. You can take 2-3 packages per day. The time between taking Antigrippin should not be less than 4 hours. It is recommended to take it between meals, 2 hours before or after meals.
In the absence of contraindications, the drug can be taken without a doctor's prescription, but not more than 5 days for the analgesic effect, and not more than 3 days as antipyretic.
People aged and persons suffering from impaired function or condition of the liver or kidneys should take the medicine no more than 8 hours later.
Antigrippin is well tolerated, in rare cases the following side effects are possible:
- neurological: headache, fatigue;
- gastrointestinal: abdominal pain, nausea;
- endocrine: hypoglycemia;
- hematopoiesis: anemia, thrombocytopenia;
- allergic: all types of hypersensitivity type I - rash, itching, angioedema , anaphylactic shock, as well as exudative erythema, epidermal necrolysis;
- Other: hypervitaminosis, metabolic disorders, dry mouth, accommodation disorders, urinary retention, drowsiness.
When taking it is necessary to take into account the toxic effect of paracetamol on the liver, as well as the effect of vitamins on proliferative diseases:
- in order to avoid toxic effects on the liver, do not combine paracetamol with alcohol or use the drug for people who are prone to alcoholism;
- increased side effects of paracetamol on the liver is observed with alcoholic hepatosis;
- when using products containing vitamins, persons suffering from proliferative and metastatic tumors may worsen the course;
- when taken, the results of laboratory data on the level of glucose and uric acid in the blood, the amount of bilirubin, the activity of transaminases and lactate dehydrogenase may be distorted;
- with long-term admission it is necessary to monitor the state of peripheral blood, liver and kidneys;
- while taking metoclopramide (Reglan), domperidone (Motilium), Kolestiramine (Questran), it is recommended to consult a doctor;
- Antigrippin contains sugar that must be considered for persons suffering from diabetes.
Terms and conditions of storage
Antigrippin shelf life is 3 years. After the expiration of this period, the use of the drug is prohibited. Store the drug should be out of the reach of children, at a temperature range from 10 to 30 degrees.
There are a lot of drugs with a similar effect, but only Antiflu Kidz is a complete analogue of the drug for active ingredients. However, dosages are reduced due to use in childhood.
The best-known counterparts for pharmacological action are:
- Theraflu, AntiFlu for adults instead of ascorbic acid contain phenylephrine, to enhance the anti-edema effect;
- Wix Asset is distinguished by the addition of guaifenesin, which has a expectorant effect when wet coughing;
- Grippostad contains caffeine, which has an antispasmodic effect on the lower respiratory tract, a tonic effect on the brain vessels and the whole body;
- Coldrex has the most complex composition: paracetamol, caffeine, phenylephrine, vitamin C, terpinehydrate (expectorant);
- Fervex instead of chlorphenamine contains pheniramine maleate, which also has an antihistamine effect and reduces swelling.
Antigrippin powder for oral solution preparation, 6 sachets - from 170 rubles.