Antibiotics for angina
- What are the side effects of antibiotics?
- How correctly to drink antibiotics at an angina?
- Antibiotics for the treatment of catarrhal angina
- Antibiotics for lacunar angina
- Antibiotics for follicular sore throat
- Antibiotics for fungal angina
- Antibiotics for phlegmonous angina
In the people there is an opinion that the harm from taking antibiotics far exceeds their useful effect. Is it so? Clinical observations led to the conclusion that taking antibiotics during a sore throat can not only reduce the duration of the disease, but also (most importantly!) Avoid complications that often occur after a sore throat.
Usually, the doctor prescribes a course of antibiotics after receiving the results of the tests. Their goal is to determine the causative agent of the disease, to establish its sensitivity to this or that kind of antibiotic. But there are cases when these drugs the doctor appoints, without waiting for the test results.
- The temperature exceeds 38 °.
- On the tonsils, sky, larynx there is plaque.
- Lymph nodes are enlarged.
- With these symptoms, there is no cough and runny nose.
These symptoms are sufficient indicators for prescribing antibiotics. Usually therapist appoints the first days of illness:
- или его производные. Penicillin or its derivatives. These broad-spectrum drugs have bacteriostatic and bactericidal properties. Usually appointed intramuscularly. Excellent absorbed, facilitate the flow of sore throats.
- . Amoxicillin . This semisynthetic antibiotic from the penicillin group copes well with most aerobic gram-negative bacteria.
If the patient has an allergy or smear test results for these drugs, the agent is not sensitive to them, the following drugs are prescribed.
- . Clacid (Clarithromycin) . Refers to a group of macrolides, not antibiotics. The drug is well absorbed, accumulating, mainly in tissues, and not blood serum.
- . Cephalexin . Representative cephalosporin series is a broad-spectrum antibiotic. It is bactericidal.
- . Sumamed . Azalid from the group of macrolides. The advantage of the drug is that it should not be taken several times a day, but only once a day.
- . Cephazamine .
- The drug from the group of cephalosporins is usually given in the form of injections, has a bactericidal effect.
What are the side effects of antibiotics?
Without the appointment of a doctor, you can not take antibiotics.
- If their dosage is insufficient, the bacteria will become more resistant to the drug: it will be harder to defeat the disease.
- Excess dosage threatens intoxication, poisoning.
- An improperly selected antibiotic simply will not have any effect on the pathogen.
But even properly selected antibiotics can cause unpleasant side effects. Patients may have:
- Indigestion (constipation, diarrhea, nausea): antibiotics disrupt the intestinal flora.
- Allergic reactions.
- Violations of the internal organs.
It should be noted that the most low-toxic, and, therefore, harmless drugs are drugs from the penicillin group.
Cephalosporins of the last generation are much less toxic than the same drugs of the first generations.
Side effects after taking antibiotics will not occur if:
- The doctor selects the drug, focusing on the characteristics of the patient.
- At appointment the type of an angina, sensitivity of its or her pathogen to a concrete preparation is considered.
- Along with antibiotics, drugs are prescribed that restore intestinal flora and prevent allergic reactions.
How correctly to drink antibiotics at an angina?
- The most important rule: antibiotics in angina, as with any other ailments can be drunk only after the recommendation of a specialist, in the dosages prescribed by him.
- To choose the most effective antibiotic, it is necessary to undergo a number of tests, including the determination of the sensitivity of the causative agent to specific drugs.
- Take medication at regular intervals, with plenty of water.
- The course of treatment should last as many days as the doctor indicated, without interruption.
- In parallel with antibiotics, it is recommended to take drugs that restore intestinal flora: Bifiform, Acipol, etc.
- During the course of treatment should completely abandon the alcohol and carefully follow the diet.
Antibiotics for the treatment of catarrhal angina
- . Phenoxymethylpenicillin . A natural antibiotic of the penicillin group, developed on the basis of the activity of microorganisms. Used to treat angina, which occurs in mild or moderate form. Has a narrow-minded effect, but can cause side effects, very undesirable, nausea, vomiting, skin rashes.
- . Oxacilin . Semisynthetic penicillin, which kills staphylococcal infections that do not give in to Phenoxymethylpenicillin. May cause allergic reactions of different types, especially in hypersensitive people. Therefore, it should be prescribed only by a doctor in strictly selected doses.
- . Ampicillin . Like all previous drugs belongs to the antibiotics of a broad-spectrum penicillin group. Semisynthetic ampicillin destroys the cell walls of bacteria that caused infection. Not recommended for asthma, kidney disease.
All these antibiotics have a pronounced antibacterial (killing bacteria) effect, are low-toxic, but selectively affect different types of staphylo- and streptococci. They penetrate into the foci of inflammation. The task of a specialist is to accurately determine the strain that caused the disease and choose the most effective medicine.
Unlike the penicillin group, cephalosporins quickly and precisely fall into the foci of inflammation, so today they are used most often. The main disadvantage of this group is the growing allergic reactions with frequent use. With catarrhal sinus, which proceeds in severe form, the doctor can prescribe:
- , воздействующий на грамположительные и грамотрицательные кокки. Cephaloridine , which affects gram-positive and gram-negative cocci. It is poorly absorbed, so most often it is administered not in the form of tablets, but injectively.
- . Cefazolin . It is absorbed very quickly, therefore it is prescribed by specialists often, usually in the form of tablets.
Antibiotics for lacunar angina
As in the case with catarrhalic angina, if the disease is caused by staphylococcus or streptococci, the patient is prescribed broad-spectrum antibiotics from the group of cephalosporins or penicillins. In addition (or instead), the doctor may prescribe an antibiotic from the macrolide group. Their distinctive feature is bacteriostatic action. They inhibit protein synthesis, which occurs in microorganisms, deprive them of the ability to reproduce. Especially often today are appointed:
- . Clarithromycin . Semisynthetic macrolide antibiotic disrupts protein synthesis in microorganisms that settle inside cells and on cell membranes. It is active against most strepto- and staphylococcus strains. Easily digested, effectively fights bacterial infections. Contraindicated in pregnancy and kidney disease.
- . Clarcat . Prevents the reproduction of bacteria. Among the side effects of Clarbaca - insomnia, nightmares, dizziness, discomfort in the food tract.
Adenovirus as the cause of lacunar angina
The cause of lacunar angina can be an adenovirus. This is the name of the DNA-containing virus, which can refer to different serotypes. Most adenoviruses cause a disease known as ARVI, but sometimes they can become a causative agent of lacunar angina. In this case, as with Staphylococcal or Streptococcal infection, the patients are treated with antibiotics of wide action from the group of cephalosporins. Macrolides or penicillins.
Antibiotics for follicular sore throat
To treat follicular sore throat antibiotics are prescribed without fail. Their goal:
- Reduction and complete removal of symptoms of sore throat.
- Destruction or stopping the propagation of pathogens that caused the disease.
- Prophylaxis of possible complications.
- Reduction of the duration of the disease.
In order to choose the most effective antibiotic, conduct smear tests from the throat, and then prescribe the right drug. If the patient's condition is severe, then in those 2-3 days, while the analysis is being prepared, the doctor can prescribe an antibiotic for a broader spectrum of action.
Antibiotics for fungal angina
The disease does not bring complete weakening of the body. No temperature, no sore throat. Only in the sky and tonsils is a white, cottage cheese-like, fragile plaque. After its removal, a bright red is exposed, like a varnished mucosa. Enlargement of the lymph nodes is barely noticeable and painless.
Since mushrooms are indifferent to antibiotics, they are not used in the treatment of fungal angina. The main treatment is to eliminate the cause of the disease (for example, quitting smoking, antibiotics, etc.), normalizing the way of life. Antifungal drugs, sprays that relieve inflammation: Nystatin, Geksoral, etc., come first.
Antibiotics for phlegmonous angina
Phlegmonous angina occurs in three stages. First, there is swelling of the oral mucosa, then a painful, noticeable infiltrate is formed (a cluster of dead cells mixed with blood and lymph). Later, an abscess develops. If after mandatory treatment with antibiotics, rinses, etc. The abscess is not opened independently, surgical intervention is shown. In any case, a noticeable fistula remains on the site of the abscess, but the condition is sharply normalized. However, sometimes, after a forced dissection, due to the adhesion of tissues, the patient's condition may deteriorate again. In any case, the patient needs a course of antibiotics. Together with macrolides or cephalosporins, doctors often appoint:
- Anti-inflammatory drugs: Nimesil, Ibuprofen, etc.
- Antiallergic drugs: Loratadine, etc.
All forms of angina are curable, but only if the treatment is selected correctly and started in a timely manner.
- Is it possible to do inhalations with a nebulizer with a purulent sore throat?
- Than to gargle with a sore throat in house conditions
- Angina in a child of 2-3 years: symptoms, treatment
- Can I use lugol in angina?
- Angina without fever: symptoms, treatment
- Angina: symptoms, treatment
- Types of sore throat