Anavenol dragee user manual
- Anavenol dragee user manual
Anvenol is a medicinal product based on plant extracts, which has a venotonic effect and is used to treat chronic venous diseases. Refers to a group of capillary stabilizing drugs.
Form of issue and composition
Anavenol contains substances obtained from plant extracts:
- dihydroergocristine mesylate (from ergot) - 0.58 mg;
- esculin sesquihydrate (from horse chestnut) - 1.62 mg;
- rutoside trihydrate (from peppermint) - 32.66 mg.
Auxiliary components: lactose, povidone 25, sucrose, talc, titanium dioxide, croscarmellose sodium 20, polyvinyl acetate, corn starch, stearic acid, colorants.
The drug is available in the form of a dragee, 60 pieces per pack. A liquid dosage form in the form of drops and coated tablets is also produced.
Pharmacodynamics . Substances that make up the drug have beneficial effects on blood vessels. Dihydroergocristine is a semisynthetic derivative of a group of alkaloids. It blocks α-adrenergic receptors, thereby reducing the tone of smooth muscles and the overall peripheral resistance of the vessels. Helps strengthen and increase the elasticity of the venous walls. Eskulin and rutozid are substances of natural origin. Reduce the permeability and fragility of the vascular walls, have anti-inflammatory and anti-edematous effect.
Pharmacokinetics. In the digestive tract, about 25% of dihydroergocristine is absorbed. 68% of the active substance binds to blood plasma proteins. The elimination period is 14 hours. Dihydroergocristine is excreted with bile. It penetrates the placental barrier and is absorbed into breast milk.
Rutozid is absorbed into the blood. Its maximum concentration in the blood is reached after 1-9 hours. The half-life of rutozide is 10-25 hours. It is derived mainly in the form of metabolites, a small part - in an unchanged form.
Data on the pharmacokinetics of esculin are absent.
Indications for use
Anvenol is prescribed for various pathologies of venous vessels, namely:
- chronic venous insufficiency (stagnation of blood in the veins of the lower extremities);
- Varicose disease (varicose veins);
- pre-acute syndrome - sensation of "tired" legs (precedes the development of varicose veins);
- mechanical damage to veins;
- deep vein thrombosis of the lower limbs in the initial stages;
- trophic lesions of tissues (trophic ulcers) against the background of angiopathy, diabetes, thrombophlebitis;
- inflammatory processes in the veins;
- violations of blood circulation in the vessels of the lower limbs, caused by trauma or prolonged involuntary immobility.
The use of Anvenol is contraindicated when:
- any bleeding;
- individual intolerance to the components of the drug;
- under the age of 15;
- organic lesions of the liver and kidneys.
Dosing and Administration
Anvenol can be prescribed both in complex treatment and independently. Dragee is taken orally after eating, without chewing, with a small amount of liquid.
In the first week of treatment 2 tablets are taken 3 times a day, then a maintenance dosage is prescribed - 1 tablet a day three times a day. The duration of the therapeutic course is determined by the doctor, on average, maintenance therapy lasts 2-3 months.
The drug is well tolerated. But sometimes the use of Anvenol can provoke unwanted side effects:
- allergic reactions - skin itching, rash, hives;
- headache and dizziness, rapid fatigue, decreased concentration and attention, speed of psychomotor reactions;
- nausea and vomiting, diarrhea;
- swelling of the nasal mucosa;
- menorrhagia (excessively profuse menstruation);
- metrorrhagia (irregular uterine bleeding).
If side effects occur, immediately stop taking the medication and consult a doctor.
With Anvenol overdose, there may be a blockage of the vessels of the mucous membranes, dyspeptic phenomena (diarrhea, nausea and vomiting), dizziness, loss of consciousness, tremor. There is no specific antidote to the drug. When symptoms of an overdose occur, gastric lavage is performed, sorbents and preparations for symptomatic treatment are appointed (depending on the clinical signs of an overdose). Symptomatic treatment is aimed at restoring normal operation of the cardiovascular system and water-salt balance in the body.
Anavenol is used with caution when:
- severe liver disease;
- severe violations of kidney function;
- arterial hypotension (low pressure);
- heart failure;
- Bradycardia (heart rate below 60 beats per minute).
When managing transport and other mechanisms, the work, which requires the speed of reactions and the concentration of attention from taking Anavenol, it is better to refuse.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
The drug may be given in the second half of pregnancy after assessing the ratio of benefit to the mother and the risk to the fetus. In the first half of pregnancy, as well as during breastfeeding Anvenol is not applied.
Interaction with other drugs
Simultaneous administration of Anavenol with other drugs may lead to an increase or decrease in the therapeutic effect of drugs. The action of Anvenol is enhanced by simultaneous application with:
- Some antibiotics (erythromycin, tetracycline, oleandomycin, doxycycline);
- vasodilator preparations (nitroglycerin, papaverine, no-spa, propranolol, caffeine, nadolol, euphyllin);
- other means (salbutamol, fenoterol, phentolamine).
The action of Anvenol is reduced with simultaneous admission with α-adrenergic stimulants and preparations of the vasoconstrictor group.
The combination of Anavenol with reserpine can cause a sharp drop in blood pressure.
Terms and conditions of storage
The drug is stored in a place protected from light, inaccessible to children, at a temperature of no higher than 25 ° C. Shelf life - 3 years.
There are no preparations analogous to Anavenol according to its composition at the moment. To medicines that have a different composition, but which have similar effects to Anvenola, include: Venoplant, Escuzan, Venen, Glivenol, Dikvertin, Pileks, Escizan, Cyclo 3 Forte.
Price for Anavenol
Anavenol pills, 60 pcs. - from 166 rubles.