Anaprilin tablets instructions for use
- Anaprilin tablets instructions for use
- Form of issue and composition
- pharmachologic effect
- Indications for use
- Dosing and Administration
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Use in pregnant women and during breastfeeding
- Anaprilin in children
- Application in the elderly
- Storage conditions
- Analogues of tablets Anaprilin
- The price of tablets Anaprilin
Anaprilin is a cardiovascular drug of the group of β-adrenoblockers for the treatment of arterial hypertension and cardiac pathologies. Reduction of pressure is observed after a single dose of Anaprilin, and by the third week of regular use of the drug, a stable antihypertensive effect is achieved. In patients with coronary heart disease, when the drug is used, the frequency of angina attacks decreases and the need for nitroglycerin decreases, physical exercises are easier to tolerate. The threat of recurrent myocardial infarction and sudden death by 20-50% is decreasing.
Form of issue and composition
The main active ingredient Anaprilina is propranolol hydrochloride.
Excipients: microcrystalline cellulose, corn starch, talc, colloidal silicon dioxide, calcium stearate, hypromellose.
Anaprilin is available in the form of tablets in dosages of 10 mg and 40 mg, 10, 50 and 100 tablets per package. An injection form for the release of a medicinal product has also been developed.
Pharmacodynamics. Propranolol has antiarrhythmic, antianginal and hypotensive effects due to inhibition of β-1 and β-2 adrenergic receptors. Reduces the contractility of the myocardium (strength and heart rate), the need for cardiac muscle in oxygen, cardiac output. Reduces blood pressure and increases peripheral resistance of blood vessels. Along with the main action of propranolol due to blocking of β-2 receptors increases the tone of the bronchi, increases uterine contraction, helps stop post-operative and postpartum hemorrhages, stimulates the secretory and motor functions of the digestive system.
Pharmacokinetics. Anaprilin is rapidly absorbed into the blood. The half-life of propranolol is between 3 and 5 hours, with prolonged use of the drug, it reaches 12 hours. Propranolol is excreted by the kidneys in the form of metabolites (up to 90%), about 1% remains unchanged.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, indications for the use of Anaprilin are:
- Violation of the heart rhythm caused by rheumatic heart lesions (arrhythmia, tachyarrhythmia, sinus and paroxysmal tachycardia );
- Angina pectoris ;
- cardiac ischemia;
- Poisoning with cardiac glycosides, namely - digitalis preparations;
- Thyrotoxicosis (as an additional treatment);
- Pheochromocytoma (prescribed in combination with α-blockers).
Anaprilin is also recommended for prolonged prophylactic treatment after a previous myocardial infarction and for the prevention of migraine.
Contraindications to the use of Anaprilin include:
- Acute form of myocardial infarction;
- Cardiogenic shock;
- Asthmatic disease and propensity to bronchospasm;
- Violation of peripheral circulation;
- Acidosis, including sugar ketoacidosis;
- Sinus bradycardia;
- Atrioventricular blockade complete and incomplete;
- Uncontrolled heart failure;
- Spastic colitis;
- hay fever;
- Chronic liver diseases;
- Individual intolerance of the components of the drug.
Dosing and Administration
Anaprilin is taken 10-30 minutes before meals, washed down with a sufficient amount of liquid. Doses and the frequency of reception are determined depending on the main and accompanying diseases, the age of the patient. The duration of treatment is also determined by the doctor. On average, the duration of treatment of cardiovascular pathologies is 3-4 weeks. According to the indications, the course can be repeated. The interval between therapeutic courses should be 1-2 months. Below are the average recommended dosages of Anaprilin for adults according to the instructions for use.
Arrhythmia. Anaprilin is prescribed for 10-30 mg 3-4 times a day.
Arterial hypertension. The initial dose of the drug is 160 mg (80 mg twice a day). If necessary, the dose can gradually be increased to 320 mg per day.
Migraine. The daily dosage of Anaprilin is from 80 mg to 160 mg.
Angina pectoris. The first three days of the drug is taken at 20 mg four times a day, the next three days the dose is increased to 40 mg three times a day and 20 mg to the fourth dose. From the seventh day the agent is taken at 40 mg four times a day. If necessary, increase the dose to 200 - 240 mg per day (40 mg 5-6 times a day). After myocardial infarction, anaprilin is taken at 160 mg per day (40 mg 4 times a day).
According to strict indications, the drug can be administered to children over 3 years in a dosage of 0.25-0.5 mg per 1 kg of body weight. Multiplicity of admission - 3-4 times a day.
The drug is well tolerated. But in some cases, the use of Anaprilin can cause unwanted side effects, among which:
- From the cardiovascular system - sinus bradycardia and worsening of blood circulation, expressed arterial hypotension, aggravation of the progression of heart failure;
- From the hematopoietic system - agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia, leukopenia;
- From the nervous system - headache and dizziness, malaise, sleep disorder and mental disorders, depression, decreased speed of psychomotor and motor reactions;
- From the respiratory system - cough and shortness of breath, pharyngitis , bronchospasm and laryngospasm;
- From the digestive tract - dyspeptic phenomena (diarrhea, nausea, vomiting), pain in the epigastric region;
- Skin reactions: itching and rash, exacerbation of psoriasis, alopecia;
- From the side of the eyes - dryness and pain in the eyes, keratoconjunctivitis, reduced visual acuity;
- Potential reduction and weakening of libido are possible.
In case of an overdose of Anapril, dizziness, arrhythmia, heart failure, bradycardia, severe hypotension, difficulty breathing, convulsions , bronchospasm. When symptoms appear, gastric lavage is performed, adsorptive drugs and symptomatic agents are prescribed.
When taking Anaprilina, systematic monitoring of heart rate and blood pressure is necessary. After prolonged treatment, a sharp drug cancellation is unacceptable: the dose should be reduced gradually, under the supervision of a doctor.
Concomitant diseases, in which Anaprilin is used with caution:
- Bronchitis ;
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease);
- Controlled heart failure;
- Kidney failure;
Use in pregnant women and during breastfeeding
The drug is prescribed only in the case when the intended benefit for a woman exceeds the potential risk to the fetus. During the application of Anaprilin requires strict control of the fetus. For 3 days before delivery, the drug must be canceled. Possible negative effects on the fetus: bradycardia, hypoglycemia, intrauterine growth retardation. Also, the drug can cause fetal death or premature birth.
The active substance is absorbed into breast milk, so breastfeeding women should be abstained from breastfeeding during treatment.
Anaprilin in children
For children, the drug is prescribed only for strict medical indications.
Application in the elderly
Patients with advanced age take with caution. Once every few months, blood glucose is measured in patients with diabetes mellitus and renal function is monitored in elderly patients. Also, careful medical control requires the simultaneous administration of Anaprilin with hypoglycemic drugs (to prevent the development of hypoglycemia).
The drug is stored in a dark place at a temperature of 8 ° C to 25 ° C. Keep out of the reach of children!
Analogues of tablets Anaprilin
Similar to the active ingredient preparations are:
The price of tablets Anaprilin
Anaprilin tablets 10 mg, 50 pcs. - from 17 rubles.