Anaprilin tablets instructions for use
- Anaprilin tablets instructions for use
- Release form and composition
- pharmachologic effect
- Indications for use
- Dosage and administration
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Use in pregnant women and during breastfeeding
- Anaprilina use in children
- Use in the elderly
- Storage conditions
- Analogs of tablets Anaprilin
- The price of tablets Anaprilin
Anaprilin is a cardiovascular drug of the β-blockers group for the treatment of arterial hypertension and cardiac pathologies. A decrease in pressure is noted after a single dose of Anaprilin, and by the third week of regular use of the drug, a stable antihypertensive effect is achieved. In patients with ischemic heart disease, when using the drug, the frequency of strokes decreases, the need for nitroglycerin is reduced, and exercise is more easily tolerated. The risk of recurrent heart attack and sudden death is reduced by 20–50%.
Release form and composition
The main active ingredient Anaprilina - propranolol hydrochloride.
Excipients: microcrystalline cellulose, corn starch, talc, colloidal silicon dioxide, calcium stearate, hypromellose.
Anaprilin is available in the form of tablets in dosages of 10 mg and 40 mg, 10, 50 and 100 tablets per pack. Also developed an injectable release form of the drug.
Pharmacodynamics. Propranolol has an antiarrhythmic, antianginal and hypotensive effect due to the inhibition of β-1 and β-2 adrenoreceptors. Reduces the contractility of the myocardium (strength and heart rate), the need of the heart muscle for oxygen, cardiac output. Reduces blood pressure and increases peripheral vascular resistance. Along with the main action, propranolol, due to the blockade of β-2 receptors, increases the tone of the bronchi, increases the contraction of the uterus, helps to stop postoperative and postpartum hemorrhage, stimulates the secretory and motor functions of the digestive system.
Pharmacokinetics. Anaprilin is rapidly absorbed into the blood. The half-life of propranolol is from 3 to 5 hours, with prolonged use of the drug, this figure reaches 12 hours. Propranolol is excreted by the kidneys as metabolites (up to 90%), about 1% remains unchanged.
Indications for use
According to the instructions indications for use Anaprilina are:
- heart rhythm disturbance due to rheumatic heart disease (arrhythmia, tachyarrhythmia, sinus and paroxysmal tachycardia );
- angina pectoris ;
- coronary heart disease;
- poisoning by cardiac glycosides, namely, digitalis preparations;
- thyrotoxicosis (as an additional treatment);
- pheochromocytoma (assigned in conjunction with α-blockers).
Anaprilin is also recommended for long-term prophylactic treatment after myocardial infarction and for the prevention of migraine.
For contraindications use Anaprilina include:
- acute myocardial infarction;
- cardiogenic shock;
- asthma and propensity to bronchospasm;
- violation of peripheral circulation;
- acidosis, including sugar ketoacidosis;
- sinus bradycardia;
- atrioventricular block is complete and incomplete;
- uncontrolled heart failure;
- spastic colitis;
- hay fever;
- chronic liver disease;
- individual intolerance to the components of the drug.
Dosage and administration
Analillin taken 10-30 minutes before meals, washed down with a sufficient amount of liquid. Doses and frequency of administration are established depending on the main and associated diseases, the patient's age. The duration of the course of treatment is also determined by the doctor. On average, the duration of treatment of cardiovascular pathologies is 3-4 weeks. According to the testimony of the course can be repeated. The interval between therapeutic courses should be 1-2 months. Below are the average recommended dosage of Anaprilina for adults according to the instructions for use of the drug.
Arrhythmia. Anaprilin is prescribed 10-30 mg 3-4 times a day.
Arterial hypertension. The initial dose of the drug - 160 mg (80 mg twice a day). If necessary, the dose can be gradually increased to 320 mg per day.
Migraine. The daily dosage of Anaprilina ranges from 80 mg to 160 mg.
Angina pectoris The first three days, the drug is taken in 20 mg four times a day, in the next three days, the dose is increased to 40 mg three times a day and 20 mg in the fourth dose. From the seventh day, the agent is taken 40 mg four times a day. If necessary, increase the dose to 200 - 240 mg per day (40 mg 5-6 times a day). After myocardial infarction, Anaprilin is taken 160 mg per day (40 mg 4 times a day).
According to strict indications, the drug can be administered to children over 3 years old at a dosage of 0.25–0.5 mg per 1 kg of body weight. The frequency of admission - 3-4 times a day.
The drug is well tolerated. But in some cases, the use of Anaprilina can cause undesirable side effects, including:
- on the part of the cardiovascular system - sinus bradycardia and worsening of blood circulation, severe hypotension, aggravated progression of heart failure;
- on the side of the hematopoietic system - agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia, leukopenia;
- on the part of the nervous system - headache and dizziness, malaise, sleep disorder and mental disorders, depression, a decrease in the speed of psychomotor and motor reactions;
- on the part of the respiratory system - cough and shortness of breath, pharyngitis , bronchospasm and laryngism;
- on the part of the digestive tract - dyspeptic symptoms (diarrhea, nausea, vomiting), pain in the epigastric region;
- skin reactions: itching and rash, exacerbation of psoriasis, alopecia;
- on the part of the organs of vision - dryness and soreness in the eyes, keratoconjunctivitis, decreased visual acuity;
- possible reduction of potency and weakening of libido.
With an overdose of Anaprilina, dizziness, arrhythmia, heart failure, bradycardia, severe hypotension, difficulty in breathing, convulsions , bronchospasm are noted. If symptoms occur, gastric lavage is performed, absorbent drugs and symptomatic agents are prescribed.
When taking Anaprilina requires systematic monitoring of heart rate and blood pressure. After prolonged treatment, abrupt withdrawal of the drug is unacceptable: the dose should be reduced gradually, under the supervision of a physician.
Concomitant diseases in which Anaprilin is used with caution:
- bronchitis ;
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease);
- Controlled heart failure;
- renal failure;
Use in pregnant women and during breastfeeding
The drug is prescribed only in cases where the intended benefit to the woman outweighs the potential risk to the fetus. During application Anaprilina requires strict monitoring of the condition of the fetus. For 3 days before delivery, the drug must be canceled. Possible negative effects on the fetus: bradycardia, hypoglycemia, intrauterine growth retardation. Also, the drug can cause fetal death or premature birth.
The active substance is absorbed into breast milk, so lactating women during treatment should cancel breastfeeding.
Anaprilina use in children
For children, the drug is prescribed only for strict medical reasons.
Use in the elderly
Elderly patients take the drug with caution. Once every few months, blood glucose is measured in patients with diabetes mellitus and kidney function is monitored in elderly patients. Also, careful medical monitoring requires the simultaneous use of Anaprilin with hypoglycemic drugs (to prevent the development of hypoglycemia).
The drug is stored in a dark place at a temperature of from 8 ° C to 25 ° C. Keep out of the reach of children!
Analogs of tablets Anaprilin
For drugs similar to the active substance include:
The price of tablets Anaprilin
Anaprilin tablets 10 mg, 50 pcs. - from 17 rubles.