Analgin tablets instructions for use
Analginum (Analginum) is a non-narcotic anesthetic that belongs to the group of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Release form and composition
The drug is available in tablets in a dosage of 0.5 g of 10 tablets per pack. Tablets are white or yellowish, round, with a flat surface and a dividing line.
The main active ingredient is metamizole sodium. 1 tablet contains 500 mg of metamizol.
Excipients: calcium stearate, powdered sugar, potato starch, talc.
Pharmacodynamics. It is a derivative of pyrazolone. It is characterized by a pronounced analgesic, antipyretic and minor anti-inflammatory action.
Analgesic action is provided by the ability of the active substance to inhibit cyclooxygenase and the synthesis of prostaglandins (they take part in the development of inflammatory and pain reactions). In addition, Metamizole blocks the transmission of pain impulses and increases the threshold of sensitivity of pain centers, reduces the response of brain structures to pain caused by a particular irritant.
Anti-inflammatory effect of metamizol is also caused by inhibition of prostaglandin production.
The antipyretic effect of Analgin is ensured by the ability to reduce production and release of chemical substances that affect heat production.
Analgin also has an antispasmodic effect on the smooth muscles of the biliary and urinary tract.
Pharmacokinetics. Analgin is rapidly absorbed in the digestive tract. Half an hour after taking the drug, therapeutic concentration of Metamizole in the blood is reached. The maximum concentration of the active substance is determined after 1.5 hours. A small part of metamizol binds to plasma proteins. The active substance is cleaved in the liver into active metabolites and inactive chemical compounds. The drug is excreted by the kidneys. Penetrates through the placental barrier, is absorbed into breast milk.
Indications for use
The main indication for the use of analgin is pain syndrome of various origin:
- headache (including migraine);
- colic (kidney, intestinal, biliary);
- pain after injury or burns.
The drug can be used for pain after surgery or diagnostic measures.
To reduce the temperature, Analgin is prescribed in cases when other antipyretic drugs are ineffective.
Contraindications to the use of Analgin are:
- individual intolerance to pyrazolone / pyrazolidine derivatives, allergic reactions to auxiliary components of the medicinal product;
- renal failure;
- liver failure;
- oppression of blood formation and violation of bone marrow functions (including after taking cytotoxic drugs);
- leukopenia, hereditary hemolytic anemia and other types of anemia;
- rheumatic fever;
- dysmenorrhea ;
- "Aspirin" asthma or intolerance syndrome nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and analgesics;
- children under 10;
- first and third trimesters of pregnancy.
Dosing and Administration
Tablets are taken after a meal, drinking plenty of water. Duration of application - no longer than 5 days.
The dosage is determined by the intensity of the pain syndrome and the body's response to taking Analgin. Below are the average recommended doses of the drug.
For adults and children over 14 years. The drug is taken at 0.5 g to 3 times per day. The maximum permissible single dosage is 1 g (2 tablets), the maximum daily dosage should not exceed 4 g.
For children from 10 to 14 years old (weighing from 32 kg to 53 kg). The recommended single dose of Analgin is 0.5 g. The maximum daily dose is not more than 2 g of metamizole sodium.
The undesirable side effects of analgin include:
- lowering blood pressure;
- skin rashes;
- agranulocytosis (the risk of agranulocytosis increases with the continuous use of Analgin for 7 days);
- acute deterioration of renal function, leading to the development of proteinuria, anuria, oligonuria, or acute renal failure;
- development of hepatitis.
In case of overdose, dyspnea, palpitations, nausea and vomiting, tinnitus, impaired consciousness, and convulsive syndrome may occur. Acute renal / hepatic failure, agranulocytosis may develop.
To eliminate the symptoms of overdose, artificial induction of vomiting, gastric lavage, and intake of saline laxatives and sorbents is necessary. Symptomatic treatment is carried out to restore and maintain important body functions.
During treatment with Analgin, it is important to take into account some points:
- do not take analgin for relief of acute abdominal pain before identifying the causes of pain and the diagnosis of pathology;
- during treatment, control of the composition of peripheral blood (leukocyte formula) is required to prevent hematopoietic suppression;
- for elderly patients, as well as patients with impaired renal function (with glomerulonephritis, pyelonephritis), therapeutic doses should be reduced, since a slowing down of the drug from the body is possible;
- when prescribing Analgin in patients with acute cardiovascular disease, strict control of heart rate and blood pressure, respiratory rate is necessary;
- use with caution in patients with alcohol dependence;
- with caution to appoint patients who are prone to allergies (the risk of anaphylactic shock to the drug increases in patients with asthma, chronic urticaria, intolerance to dyes and alcohol);
- during treatment, urine may stain red, which is associated with excretion of metabolites (no diagnostic value);
- use of Analgin in the second trimester of pregnancy is possible only after a thorough assessment of the benefits to the mother and the risk to the fetus, the drug is contraindicated in the first and last 3 months of pregnancy;
- Do not take Analgin during breastfeeding;
- taking Analgin does not affect the speed of motor and mental reactions, ability to drive and control complex mechanisms;
- the drug is not recommended for a long time due to its myelotoxic effect.
Terms and conditions of storage
The drug is stored in its original packaging, protected from sunlight and moisture, out of the reach of children at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C. The shelf life of tablets Analgin is 5 years. Do not use the drug after the expiration date indicated on the package.
Analogs of Analgin
The drugs similar for the active substance include: Analgin Ultra, Analgin UBF, Analgin Quinine, Analgin Rusfar, Analgin Bufus, Optalgin.
Prices for tablets Analgin
Analgin tablets 500 mg, 10 pcs. - from 10 rubles.