Analgin injections instructions for use
- Analgin injections instructions for use
Analginum (Analginum) is a non-narcotic analgesic. Refers to a group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), has a pronounced analgesic, antipyretic and mild anti-inflammatory effect. It is used to relieve pain syndrome of various origin.
Form of issue and composition
Analgin is released in the form of 25% or 50% solution for injection in ampoules of 1 ml and 2 ml, in packages of 10 ampoules.
The main active substance is metamizole sodium. In 1 ml of the solution contains 500 mg of metamizole.
Ancillary is water for injection.
Pharmacodynamics. Metamizole is a derivative of pyrazolone. Like other NSAIDs, the drug nonselectively blocks cyclooxygenase, reduces the production of prostaglandins from arachidonic acid (cyclooxygenase and prostaglandins are involved in the development of inflammatory and pain processes).
The drug prevents the impulse of pain along nerve fibers and increases the sensitivity threshold of the pain center. Has an unexpressed anti-inflammatory effect, weakly affects the water-salt balance (retards sodium ions and water) and the mucosa of the digestive tract. Has analgesic, antipyretic and partial antispasmodic effect (for smooth muscles of the biliary and urinary tracts).
Pharmacokinetics. With intramuscular injection metamizole is rapidly absorbed, enters the liver, where it is cleaved to the active substance and inactive metabolites. An insignificant concentration of metamizole remains unchanged in the blood only after intravenous administration of the drug.
Metamizol begins to act 20-40 minutes after the administration, the maximum therapeutic effect is observed after 1.5-2 hours. The half-life of active metabolites of metamizole is 2.5-3 and 6-8 hours. Metabolites are excreted from the body by the kidneys. With repeated administration of pharmacokinetics does not change, the drug does not accumulate in the body.
Indications for use
Indications for the use of analgin are:
- Febrile syndrome resulting from infectious and inflammatory diseases, insect bites or as a post-transfusion complication;
- Pain syndrome of mild or moderate severity, caused by various causes (renal, biliary and intestinal colic, muscular and joint pain with arthralgia, myalgia, neuralgia, radiculitis and myositis, trauma and burns, dental and headache, including migraines, algodismenorea, Postoperative pain syndrome).
The use of analgin is contraindicated when:
- Renal failure, pyelonephritis, glomerulonephritis and other kidney diseases;
- Oppression of hemopoiesis (neutropenia cytostatic or infectious, agranulocytosis);
- Hepatic insufficiency;
- Anemia, including hereditary hemolytic anemia;
- Predisposition to bronchospasm;
- Optic neuritis;
- Severe myasthenia gravis, accompanied by severe muscle weakness and fatigue;
- Individual intolerance of the drug.
Also, Analgin should not be administered to pregnant and lactating women, children under 3 months of age and with a body weight of less than 5 kg.
Dosage and Administration
The solution is administered intramuscularly, with severe pain or with a dose of 1 g - intravenously. The temperature of the injected solution should be the same as the body temperature. The rate of intravenous metamizole should not exceed 1 ml / min. The injection is performed in the patient's prone position, under the control of the heart rate and frequency of breathing, blood pressure. With rapid intravenous administration of the drug, a sharp fall in blood pressure, the development of shock.
Adult drug is administered 250-500 mg three times a day. The maximum single dose is 1 g, the daily dose is 2 g.
Recommended infant dosage is 5-10 mg per 1 kg of the child's body weight. Multiplicity of administration - 2-3 times a day. The maximum daily dose should not exceed 1-1.5 g. Children younger than 1 year of the drug is administered only intramuscularly no longer than 3 consecutive days.
The drug can cause undesirable side effects:
- From the hemopoietic system - thrombocytopenia, leukopenia, agranulocytosis;
- From the excretory system - functional disorders of the kidneys, proteinuria, anuria, oliguria;
- From the side of the cardiovascular system - lowering of blood pressure;
- Allergic reactions - hives, Quincke's edema , malignant exudative erythema, bronchospasm, anaphylactic shock.
- Local reactions with intramuscular injection - infiltrates in the area of administration of the solution.
When the drug is overdosed, hypothermia, nausea and vomiting, tachycardia , pressure drop and shortness of breath, drowsiness and impaired consciousness, tinnitus, hemorrhagic syndrome, hepatic and / or renal failure, convulsions , paralysis of the respiratory muscles.
To eliminate symptoms of overdosage, gastric lavage, artificial induction of vomiting, hemodialysis is performed. Assign salt laxatives and sorbents. If there is a convulsive syndrome, diazepam and barbiturates of rapid action are intravenously injected.
During treatment it is important to consider:
- Metamizole is used with caution in long-term use of alcoholic beverages and in patients with alcohol dependence (the drug enhances the effect of ethanol, in combination with alcohol, regardless of dosages, has a toxic effect of the kidney, liver and central nervous system);
- Under strict medical supervision, intravenous administration of Analgin should be administered to patients with a systolic blood pressure reading below 100 mm Hg. Art. Or with unstable blood circulation (against a background of serious trauma, myocardial infarction, etc.), with violations of the kidneys;
- With acute pain in the abdomen, it is not recommended to use Analgin until the causes of the pain syndrome are clarified;
- Analginum does not affect the speed of psychomotor reactions, the ability to control transport and other mechanisms;
- If long-term use of the drug is necessary (longer than 5 days), systematic control of the peripheral blood composition is required to prevent possible oppression of hemopoiesis;
- The drug is not recommended for use for longer than 5 days without consulting a doctor;
- With prolonged use, metamizole can cause urine to turn red, which occurs immediately after the drug is withdrawn (it has no clinical significance);
- On the background of treatment Analgin may develop agranulocytosis (manifested by inflammation of the mucous membrane of the oral cavity, pharynx, nose, temperature increase, increased ESR), which requires immediate discontinuation of the drug;
- In patients with bronchial asthma and hay fever, the risk of developing allergies when using Analgin is increased;
- Newborns and children under 3 months of analgin is not prescribed (high risk of kidney disorders);
- It is impossible to mix the Analgin solution with other drugs in one syringe because of drug incompatibility;
- It is recommended to use syringes with a long needle for intramuscular injections.
Application in pregnancy and during breastfeeding
Analgin during pregnancy is prescribed only in situations where the expected benefit for the mother exceeds the possible risks to the fetus. The drug is given in the minimum effective dosages. In the first trimester of pregnancy and 1.5 months before delivery, Analgin is not recommended.
Active metamizole metabolites penetrate into breast milk, can cause the development of anemia in a child. Therefore, for the period of application of the drug from breastfeeding should be discarded.
The injection solution must be stored in a place protected from sunlight and out of reach of children at a temperature of up to 25 ° C. Open the ampoule immediately before use. Do not use the medicinal product after the expiry date of 3 years (the date of issue and the expiration date is indicated on the package, labeled on ampoules).
Analogues of injections Analgin
Analogous to the active substance are Analgin Quinine, Analgin Rusfar, Analgin Ultra, Analgin Bufus.
Prices for Analgin in ampoules
Analgin solution for intravenous and intramuscular injection 500 mg / ml, 100 pcs. - from 89 rubles.