Analgin injections instructions for use
- Analgin injections instructions for use
Analgin (Analginum) - non-narcotic pain reliever. It belongs to the group of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), has a pronounced analgesic, antipyretic and weak anti-inflammatory effect. It is used to relieve pain of various origins.
Release form and composition
Analgin is available in the form of a 25% or 50% solution for injection in ampoules of 1 ml and 2 ml, in packs of 10 ampoules.
The main active ingredient is metamizole sodium. 1 ml of solution contains 500 mg of metamizol.
The excipient is water for injection.
Pharmacodynamics. Metamizole is a derivative of pyrazolone. Like other NSAIDs, the drug nonselectively blocks cyclooxygenase, reduces the production of prostaglandins from arachidonic acid (cyclooxygenase and prostaglandins are involved in the development of inflammatory and pain processes).
The drug interferes with the conduction of pain impulses along the nerve fibers and raises the pain sensitivity center. It has an unexpressed anti-inflammatory effect, has little effect on the water-salt balance (retains sodium ions and water) and the mucous membrane of the digestive tract. It has analgesic, antipyretic and partial antispasmodic effect (in relation to the smooth muscles of the biliary and urinary tract).
Pharmacokinetics. When administered intramuscularly, metamizol is rapidly absorbed, enters the liver, where it is broken down to the active substance and inactive metabolites. A slight concentration of metamizole in unchanged form is found in the blood only after intravenous administration of the drug.
Metamizol begins to act within 20-40 minutes after administration, the maximum therapeutic effect is noted in 1.5-2 hours. The half-life of the active metabolites of metamizol is 2.5–3 and 6–8 hours. Metabolites are excreted by the kidneys. With repeated administration of pharmacokinetics does not change, the drug does not accumulate in the body.
Indications for use
Indications for the use of analgin are:
- febrile syndrome resulting from infectious and inflammatory diseases, insect bites or as a post-transfusion complication;
- pain syndrome of mild or moderate severity due to various causes (renal, biliary and intestinal colic, muscle and joint pain during arthralgia, myalgia, neuralgia, radiculitis and myositis, injuries and burns, toothache and headache, including migraine, algodimenorrhea, postoperative pain syndrome).
The use of Analgin contraindicated in:
- renal failure, pyelonephritis, glomerulonephritis and other kidney diseases;
- oppression of blood formation functions (cytostatic or infectious neutropenia, agranulocytosis);
- liver failure;
- anemia, including hereditary hemolytic anemia;
- susceptibility to bronchospasm;
- Neuritis of the optic nerve;
- severe myasthenia, accompanied by severe muscle weakness and fatigue;
- idiosyncrasy drug.
Also you can not use Analgin pregnant and lactating women, children under 3 months and weighing less than 5 kg.
Dosing and Administration
The solution is injected intramuscularly, with severe pain or with a dose of 1 g - intravenously. The temperature of the injected solution should be the same as the body temperature. The rate of intravenous administration of metamizol should not exceed 1 ml / min. The injection is carried out in the patient lying down, under the control of heart rate and respiratory rate, blood pressure. With the rapid intravenous administration of the drug, a sharp drop in blood pressure is possible, the development of shock.
Adults receive the drug 250–500 mg three times a day. The maximum single dose is 1 g daily - 2 g.
The recommended pediatric dosage is 5–10 mg per 1 kg of the child’s body weight. The frequency of administration - 2-3 times a day. The maximum daily dose should not exceed 1-1.5 g. For children under 1 year old, the drug is administered only intramuscularly for no longer than 3 days in a row.
The drug can cause undesirable side effects:
- from the hematopoietic system - thrombocytopenia, leukopenia, agranulocytosis;
- on the part of the excretory system - functional disorders of the kidneys, proteinuria, anuria, oliguria;
- on the part of the cardiovascular system - lowering blood pressure;
- allergic reactions - urticaria, angioedema , malignant exudative erythema, bronchospasm, anaphylactic shock.
- local reactions with intramuscular injections - infiltrates in the injection area.
In case of overdose, hypothermia, nausea and vomiting, tachycardia , pressure drop and shortness of breath, drowsiness and impaired consciousness, tinnitus, hemorrhagic syndrome, hepatic and / or renal failure, convulsions , respiratory muscle paralysis.
To eliminate the symptoms of an overdose, gastric lavage, artificial induction of vomiting, and hemodialysis are performed. Saline laxatives and sorbents are prescribed. In the event of convulsions, diazepam and rapid acting barbiturates are injected intravenously.
During treatment, it is important to consider:
- Metamizol is used with caution with long-term use of alcoholic beverages and in patients with alcohol dependence (the drug enhances the effect of ethanol, in combination with alcohol, regardless of dosage, has a toxic effect on the kidneys, liver and central nervous system);
- under strict medical supervision, intravenous administration of Analgin should be carried out in patients with a systolic blood pressure below 100 mm Hg. Art. either in the case of unstable blood circulation (against the background of a serious injury, myocardial infarction, etc.), in cases of renal impairment;
- in case of acute abdominal pain, it is not recommended to apply Analgin until the causes of the pain syndrome are ascertained;
- Analgin does not affect the speed of psychomotor reactions, the ability to control transport and other mechanisms;
- if necessary, long-term use of the drug (longer than 5 days) requires systematic monitoring of the composition of peripheral blood, to prevent possible oppression of blood formation;
- the drug is not recommended to use for more than 5 days without consulting a doctor;
- With long-term use, Metamizole may cause the urine to stain red, which passes immediately after discontinuation of the drug (it has no clinical significance);
- during treatment with Analginum, agranulocytosis can develop (manifested by inflammation of the oral mucosa, pharynx, nose, fever, ESR increase), which requires immediate discontinuation of the drug;
- in patients with asthma and pollinosis, the risk of developing allergy increases with the use of Analgin;
- For newborns and children up to 3 months Analgin is not prescribed (there is a high risk of developing disorders of the kidneys);
- do not mix the solution of Analgin with other drugs in the same syringe due to drug incompatibility;
- for intramuscular injections it is recommended to use syringes with a long needle.
Use during pregnancy and during breastfeeding
Analgin during pregnancy is prescribed only in situations where the expected benefit to the mother exceeds the possible risks to the fetus. The drug is prescribed in the minimum effective dosages. In the first trimester of pregnancy and 1.5 months before childbirth Analgin is not recommended.
Metamizole active metabolites penetrate into breast milk and may cause anemia in a child. Therefore, for the period of use of the drug from breastfeeding should be abandoned.
The solution for injection should be kept protected from sunlight, out of reach of children at a temperature of up to 25 ° C. Ampoule open immediately before use. Do not use the drug after the expiration date of 3 years (the date of manufacture and expiration date is indicated on the package, marked on the ampoules).
Analogs Injections Analgin
The drugs similar to the active substance include Analgin Quinine, Analgin Rusfar, Analgin Ultra, Analgin Bufus.
Prices for Analgin in ampoules
Analgin solution for intravenous and intramuscular administration of 500 mg / ml, 100 pcs. - from 89 rub.