Amosin: instructions for use
ATX Code: J01CA04.
Form release: coated tablets.
Dosage form: flat-cylindrical white or almost white tablets with chamfer and risky.
Clinico-pharmacological group: A broad-spectrum antibacterial drug of the penicillin group.
Pharmacotherapeutic group: 4-hydroxyl analog of ampicillin, semi-synthetic penicillin
Active ingredient: Amoxicillin trihydrate.
Excipients: magnesium stearate, potato starch, calcium stearate, povidone, magnesium hydrosilicate.
Penicillin semisynthetic drug. The mechanism of action is based on its ability to specifically inhibit peptoglycans (enzymes of bacterial cell membranes). This leads to the death and dissolution of the cell.
Amoxicillin is active against:
Gram-positive anaerobic bacteria: Staphylococcus spp. (except for penicillinase-producing patches), Staphylococcus spp.
Gram-negative bacteria: Klebsiella spp., Bacillus anthracis, Neisseria meningitidis, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Listeria monocytogenes /
Amoxicillin does not collapse under the influence of gastric juice and is almost completely adsorbed from the digestive tract. Maximum concentration in plasma reaches in 1-2 hours. The binding of the active substance with plasma proteins is 17%. The drug is distributed to all tissues and body fluids. Quickly droops into the lung tissue, middle ear fluid, bronchial secretions, urine and bile. In high concentrations accumulates in the liver. Concentration in bile is 2 times higher than plasma concentration.
The half-life is 1-1.5 hours. In elderly patients and newborns, T1 / 2 is longer. With renal failure - up to 20 hours. About 60% of Amosin is excreted by the kidneys, a small part by the intestines, along with feces. When inflammation of the pia mater, the drug is able to penetrate the blood-brain barrier, is removed during hemodialysis. In umbilical cord vessels and in the amniotic fluid, the concentration is 25-30% of the level in the plasma. It penetrates into the placenta and is excreted in breast milk.
Indications for use
- Acute infectious diseases of the upper respiratory tract;
- Acute infectious diseases of the lower respiratory tract ( bronchitis , pneumonia);
- Infections of ENT organs (acute otitis media, sinusitis, tonsillitis );
- Urogenital infections ( cystitis , pyelonephritis, urethritis, pyelitis, gonorrhea );
- Infectious diseases of the digestive tract (dysentery, abdominal type, salmonellosis, cholecystitis );
- Diseases of the skin and soft tissues (secondary infected dermatosis, impetigo, erysipelas);
- Prevention of endocarditis and surgical infection.
The drug is taken orally before or after meals. The dosage regimen is set individually, taking into account the age of the patient and the severity of the infection process.
Children over 10 years old, weighing more than 40 kg and adults are prescribed 500 mg of the drug 3 times a day. In severe cases of the disease - 750 mg 3 times a day.
Children from 5 to 10 years old - 250 mg 3 times a day.
In acute infectious diseases of the digestive tract and reproductive sphere, the dosage of the drug for adults is 1.5-2 grams 3 times a day, or 1-1.5 grams 4 times a day.
With streptococcal infection, the duration of Amosin is 10 days. Treatment should be continued for another 2-3 days after the disappearance of clinical signs of the disease.
- On the part of the skin : urticaria , erythematous rash, rhinitis, conjunctivitis , angioedema , photosensitization, anaphylactic shock, malignant exudative erythema, Lyell's syndrome (from ≥0.1% to <1%);
- cardiovascular system : rapid heartbeat, phlebitis, lowering blood pressure, prolongation of the QT interval;
- blood and lymphatic systems : leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, eosinophilia, neutropenia. Very rarely, hemolytic anemia, pancytopenia, thrombocytopenic purpura;
- digestive tract : nausea, stool disorders, changes in taste, glossitis, stomatitis, an increase in liver enzymes, dyspepsia, hepatitis, epigastric pain;
- respiratory system : dyspnea, bronchospasm, allergic inflammatory processes in the lungs;
- excretory system : interstitial nephritis;
- nervous system : headache, drowsiness, nervousness, dizziness, increased anxiety, peripheral neuropathy, behavior change;
- musculoskeletal system : myalgia, arthralgia, muscular weakness;
- other : candidiasis of the vagina, febrile state, shortness of breath.
With simultaneous use of amoxicillin with glucosamines, aminoglycosides, laxatives and antacids, slow absorption is noted, and when taken along with ascorbic acid, metabolism increases.
Drugs that block tubular secretion, cause an increase in the concentration of amoxicillin, while the use of methotrexate increases the toxicity of the latter.
When used concurrently with metronidazole, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and epigastric pain often develop.
In a complex with clavulanic acid, the development of cholestatic jaundice, hepatitis, and multiforme erythema is possible.
Amosin synergists are cephalosporins, aminoglycosides, rifampicin, vancomycin, cycloserine, sulfonamides, macrolides, tetracyclines and lincosamides are antagonists.
It is strictly contraindicated for simultaneous use with disulfiram. Special care should be taken when using amoxicillin and anticoagulants at the same time (this may cause prolongation of prothrombin time.
Interaction with Probenecid increases the serum concentration of the antibiotic and reduces its excretion from the body. Amosin, like other antibacterial drugs, reduces the effectiveness of oral contraceptives.
- Hypersensitivity to the drug;
- Hypersensitivity to penicillin and other beta-lactam antibiotics;
- Severe digestive disorders;
- Acute lymphoblastoid leukemia;
- Age up to 3 years;
- Infectious mononucleosis;
- Bronchial asthma;
- Hay fever;
- Viral infections;
- Allergic diathesis.
Amosin should be used with extreme caution when prone to allergic reactions. Persons younger than 18 years and patients suffering from liver pathologies are not recommended to use the drug in combination with Metronidazole.
Due to the growth of microflora insensitive to the drug, the development of superinfection may be required, requiring accelerated antibacterial treatment.
In the treatment of mild form of diarrhea, it is necessary to avoid emergency preparations that reduce intestinal motility.
In case of impaired renal function, the dose of the drug should be reduced, and the intervals between doses increased. In the process of treatment it is necessary to constantly monitor the work of the liver, kidneys and blood-forming organs. To reduce the risk of development of complications from the digestive tract (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, flatulence) Amosin is recommended to be taken with meals. Data on the negative effects of drugs on the ability to manage vehicles is not available.
Terms of implementation
Amosin, tablets, refers to prescription drugs.
Store in a dark, protected from light and moisture, out of the reach of children, at a temperature not exceeding 25 C.
The drug is usable for 2 years from the date of issue. Use of the product after the expiration date indicated on the package is prohibited.
- Amoxicillin tablets
- Ranoxyl tablets
- Flemoxine Solutab Tablets
- Ospamox Tablets
Amosin tablet prices
Amosin tablets 250 mg, 10 pcs. - from 26 rubles.
Amosin tablets 500 mg, 10 pcs. - from 54 rubles.