Amosin: instructions for use
ATX code: J01CА04.
Product: coated tablets.
Pharmaceutical form: flat-white or almost white tablets with a facet and a risk.
Clinico-pharmacological group: Antibacterial preparation of a broad spectrum of action of a group of penicillins.
Pharmacotherapeutic group: 4-hydroxyl analogue of ampicillin, penicillin semisynthetic
Actively active substance: amoxicillin trihydrate.
Excipients: magnesium stearate, potato starch, calcium stearate, povidone, magnesium hydrosilicate.
Semisynthetic drug from the penicillin group. The mechanism of action is based on its ability to specifically inhibit peptoglycans (enzymes of bacterial cell membranes). This leads to death and dissolution of the cell.
Amoxicillin is active against:
Gram-positive anaerobic bacteria: Staphylococcus spp. (Except shatmov, producing penicillinase), Staphylococcus spp.
Gram-negative bacteria: Klebsiella spp., Bacillus anthracis, Neisseria meningitidis, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Listeria monocytogenes /
Amoxicillin does not collapse under the influence of gastric juice and is almost completely adsorbed from the digestive tract. The maximum concentration in plasma reaches in 1-2 hours. The binding of an active substance with plasma proteins is 17%. The drug is distributed to all tissues and body fluids. Quickly wilts into the lung tissue, the fluid of the middle ear, bronchial secretion, urine and bile. In high concentrations, it accumulates in the liver. Concentration in the bile is 2 times higher than the concentration in the plasma.
The half-life is 1-1.5 hours. In patients of advanced years and newborns, T1 / 2 is more prolonged. With renal failure - up to 20 hours. About 60% of Amosin is excreted by the kidneys, a small part - by the intestine, along with feces. With inflammation of the soft medulla the drug is able to penetrate the blood-brain barrier, it is removed during hemodialysis. In the vessels of the umbilical cord and in the amniotic fluid, the concentration is 25-30% of the plasma level. Penetrates into the placenta and is excreted in breast milk.
Indications for use
- Acute infectious diseases of the upper respiratory tract;
- Acute infectious diseases of the lower respiratory tract ( bronchitis , pneumonia);
- Infections of ENT organs (acute otitis media, sinusitis, tonsillitis );
- Urogenital infections ( cystitis , pyelonephritis, urethritis, pyelitis, gonorrhea );
- Infectious diseases of the digestive tract (dysentery, abdominal type, salmonellosis, cholecystitis );
- Diseases of the skin and soft tissues (secondarily infected dermatosis, impetigo, erysipelas);
- Prophylaxis of endocarditis and surgical infection.
The drug is taken orally before or after a meal. The dosage regimen is set individually, taking into account the age of the patient and the severity of the infectious process.
Children older than 10 years, with a body weight of more than 40 kg and adults are prescribed 500 mg of the drug 3 times a day. In severe cases, 750 mg 3 times a day.
Children from 5 to 10 years - 250 mg 3 times a day.
In acute infectious diseases of the digestive tract and reproductive sphere, the dosage of the drug for adults is 1.5-2 g 3 times a day, or 1-1.5 g 4 times a day.
With streptococcal infection, the duration of Amosin intake is 10 days. Treatment should continue for another 2-3 days after the disappearance of clinical signs of the disease.
- On the part of the skin : urticaria , erythematous rashes, rhinitis, conjunctivitis , Quincke's edema , photosensitivity, anaphylactic shock, malignant exudative erythema, Lyell's syndrome (from ≥0.1% to <1%);
- Cardiovascular system : heart palpitations, phlebitis, lowering of arterial pressure, prolongation of the QT interval;
- Blood and lymphatic systems : leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, eosinophilia, neutropenia. Very rarely hemolytic anemia, pancytopenia, thrombocytopenic purpura;
- The digestive tract : nausea, stool disorders, taste changes, glossitis, stomatitis, an increase in liver enzymes, dyspeptic disorders, hepatitis, epigastric pain;
- Respiratory system : dyspnea, bronchospasm, allergic inflammatory processes in the lungs;
- Excretory system : interstitial nephritis;
- Nervous system : headache, drowsiness, nervousness, dizziness, increased anxiety, peripheral neuropathy, behavior change;
- Musculoskeletal system : myalgia, arthralgia, muscle weakness;
- Other : candidiasis of the vagina, febrile condition, shortness of breath.
With simultaneous use of amoxicillin with glucosamines, aminoglycosides, laxatives and antacids, a slow absorption is observed, when taken together with ascorbic acid, the metabolism rises.
Drugs that block tubular secretion, cause an increase in the concentration of amokitsillina, with the simultaneous use of methotrexate, the toxicity of the latter increases.
When used concomitantly with metronidazole, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and pain in the epigastric region often develop.
In combination with clavulanic acid, development of cholestatic jaundice, hepatitis, and erythema multiforme is possible.
Synergists of Amosin are cephalosporins, aminoglycosides, rifampicin, vancomycin, cycloserine, antagonists - sulfonamides, macrolides, tetracyclines and lincosamides.
Categorically contraindicated simultaneous use with disulfiramom. Care should be taken with simultaneous use of amoxicillin and anticoagulants (this may cause prolongation of prothrombin time.
Interaction with Probenecid increases the serum concentration of the antibiotic and reduces its excretion from the body. Amosin, like other antibacterial drugs, reduces the effectiveness of oral contraceptives.
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug;
- Hypersensitivity to penicillin and other beta-lactam antibiotics;
- Severe digestive disorders;
- Acute lymphoblastosis leukemia;
- Age to 3 years;
- Infectious mononucleosis;
- Bronchial asthma;
- Hay fever;
- Viral infections;
- Allergic diathesis.
Amosin should be used with extreme caution when prone to allergic reactions. Persons under the age of 18 and patients suffering from hepatic pathology are advised not to use the drug in combination with Metronidazole.
Due to the growth of microflora insensitive to the preparation, it is possible to develop superinfection, which requires forced antibacterial treatment.
In the treatment of mild forms of diarrhea, it is necessary to avoid anti-emergency drugs that help reduce intestinal peristalsis.
If the kidney function is impaired, the dose of the drug should be reduced, and the intervals between doses are increased. In the process of treatment, it is necessary to constantly monitor the work of the liver, kidneys and hematopoiesis. To reduce the risk of complications from the digestive tract (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, flatulence), it is recommended to take Amosin while eating. Data on the negative effects of drugs on the ability to drive vehicles is not available.
Terms of implementation
Amosin, a tablet, refers to prescription drugs.
Store in a dark place, protected from light and moisture, inaccessible to children, at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.
The drug is suitable for use within 2 years from the date of manufacture. Do not use the product beyond the expiry date printed on the package.
- Amoxicillin tablets
- Ranoxil tablets
- Flemoxin solute tablet
- Ospamox tablets
Prices for Amosin tablets
Amosin tablets 250 mg, 10 pcs. - from 26 rubles.
Amosin tablets 500 mg, 10 pcs. - from 54 rubles.