Amizon instructions for use
Amizon tablets belong to the clinico-pharmacological group of antiviral agents for systemic use with an immunostimulating action. The active ingredient of the tablets is enisamide iodide (amizon), which has an antiviral effect.
Release form and composition
Amizon is produced in the form of tablets, they have a round shape, yellow or yellow-green color and are coated. Packaged tablets in a blister of 10 pieces. Packages of 2 types - with one (10 tablets) and two (20 tablets) blisters. Active ingredient - amizon (enisamium iodide), is a derivative of isonicotinic acid. Tablets contain it in 2 concentrations - 250 mg (for adults) and 125 mg (for children). Also in the composition of the 1st tablet includes excipients, which include:
- Lactose monohydrate.
- Microcrystalline cellulose.
- Croscarmelose sodium.
- Calcium stearate.
Packaging with a different number of tablets allows you to make a choice with a different course of treatment.
The active ingredient of the tablets Amizon belongs to the pharmacological group of antivirals for systemic use. It also has immunostimulating properties. In humans, it has several therapeutic effects:
- Direct suppression of virus replication (synthesis and assembly of viral particles inside infected cells).
- The effect of viral particles on hemagglutinins, due to which they lose their ability to attach to human cells.
- Interferonogenic properties - the active ingredient of the drug has the ability to stimulate the synthesis of endogenous interferon by the cells of the immune system. Interferon has antiviral activity.
- Immunostimulating action - the active ingredient of the drug stimulates the production of lysozyme (a substance that is contained in the biological fluids of the human body and has antiseptic properties), antibody synthesis by cells of the immune system.
- Anti-inflammatory effect - amizon stabilizes the membranes of cells of the immune system, thereby reducing the synthesis of prostaglandin inflammatory mediators.
- A small antipyretic effect is realized due to the direct effect of the drug on the thermoregulation center of the medulla oblongata.
- A slight analgesic effect - anesthesia during inflammation is achieved by providing the active ingredient of the drug with an inhibitory effect on the reticular formation of the brain.
The overall result of the pharmacological action of Amizone tablets is a pronounced antiviral effect. The active substance after taking the pill is absorbed into the blood from the intestine. Therapeutic concentration in the body is achieved within 30 minutes after taking the pill, the maximum content of the active substance - in 2-2.5 hours. From the tissues, the active substance enters the liver, where it is metabolized to intermediate degradation products. They are excreted by the kidneys with urine. The half-life (the time during which 50% of the initial concentration of the active substance is excreted from the body) is 13.5-14 hours. Amizon freely enters the tissues of the brain, spinal cord through the blood-brain barrier and into the fetus during pregnancy. There are no data regarding the penetration of the active ingredient of the drug into breast milk.
Indications for use
Amyzon tablets are indicated for the complex etiotropic treatment of various viral infections, which include:
- Acute respiratory viral infections (ARVI) - parainfluenza, adenovirus, rhinovirus, RS-syncytial infection (for these infections, the nature of the course is common, which manifests as a cold).
- Influenza - also applies to SARS, but has a more severe course, which is often accompanied by the development of various complications.
- Children's viral infections - rubella, epidparotitis (mumps), chicken pox, and measles (these infections are divided into a group of children, due to the highest incidence in childhood).
- Infectious mononucleosis.
- Nonspecific prophylaxis of viral hepatitis A, E in the event of an epidemic outbreak and high risk of contracting the virus.
- Combined therapy of viral infections associated with bacteria - angina , erisipeloid, meningitis and meningoencephalitis of viral nature, fellinoz (“cat scratch disease”).
- Diseases caused by herpes viruses - shingles , herpes.
Due to its easy analgesic properties, Amizon tablets are also used in the treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system, accompanied by pain syndrome (osteochondrosis, osteoarthritis, protrusion or hernia of intervertebral discs, arthritis of various etiologies).
The use of Amizon tablets is contraindicated in case of allergic reactions to its active substance or auxiliary components, their individual intolerance, severe organic pathology of the liver or kidneys. The drug is absolutely contraindicated for pregnant women in the first trimester of pregnancy.
Dosing and Administration
Amizon tablets are taken orally after meals. The dosage and the course (duration) of administration depends on the underlying pathology and the purpose of using Amizon tablets. For therapeutic purposes, it is taken in the following dosages:
- Treatment of influenza or ARVI adults and children over 12 years old, 250-500 mg 2-4 times a day for 5-7 days, children from 6 to 12 years old 125 mg 2-3 times a day for 5-7 days.
- For the treatment of viral meningitis or meningoencephalitis - adults and children over 16 years old 250 mg 3 times a day for 10 days.
- Treatment of measles, rubella, chicken pox - children 6-7 years old 125 mg 3 times a day, children 8-12 years old - 125 mg 4 times a day, children 12-16 years old - 250 mg 3 times a day, adults 500 mg 3 times a day.
- Treatment of epidparotitis - children 12-14 years old, 250 mg 2-3 times a day, adults 250 mg 2-3 times a day, a course of treatment 6-7 days.
- Prevention of epidparotitis - 250 mg 2 times a day for adults.
- Treatment of infectious mononucleosis - adults 125 mg 3-4 times a day and 125 mg 3 times a day for children. With severe course - the first 3 days of 1.5-2 g per day for adults, up to 1 g per day for children. After clinical and laboratory improvement, the dosage can be halved.
- Fellinoz treatment - adults 250 mg 2-3 times a day with moderate course of the disease, in case of severe course of pathology 500 mg 2 times a day.
- Treatment of the cutaneous-articular form of erysipeloid in adults - 500 mg 2 times a day for adults, the course is 1-2 weeks.
- Prevention of viral hepatitis A, E - adults 250 mg 3 times a day.
- Comprehensive treatment of pneumonia (pneumonia) - 250 mg 3 times a day for 10-15 days.
- Comprehensive treatment of angina - with severe pathology - 500 mg 3 times a day, for the moderate course of the disease - 250 mg 3-4 times a day.
- Comprehensive treatment of pain in diseases of the musculoskeletal system - from 250 to 500 mg 3 times a day, depending on the intensity of pain.
For the prevention of acute viral infections and flu Amizon tablets are used in such doses:
- Adults - 250 mg per day for 5 days, then - 250 mg 1 time every 2-3 days for 3 weeks.
- Children aged 6-12 years - 125 mg every other day for 2-3 weeks.
- Children aged 12-16 years - 250 mg every other day for 3 weeks.
The maximum dose for one administration of the drug Amizon should not exceed 1000 mg, the maximum daily dose is 2000 mg. The average recommended course of use of Amizon tablets is from 5 to 30 days.
The use of Amizon tablets can lead to the development of such side effects from various systems:
- Allergic reactions to the active ingredient of the drug or excipients - are characterized by the appearance of skin rash, itching, development of urticaria (rash with a slight swelling that resembles a nettle burn), angioedema of the skin and subcutaneous tissue predominantly located on the face or genitals ( Quincke edema ). In severe cases, the development of anaphylactic shock is possible - a progressive increase in multiple organ failure with a decrease in blood pressure.
- The digestive system - nausea, vomiting, heartburn, abdominal pain with a feeling of heaviness in the right hypochondrium, diarrhea and bloating (flatulence), hypersalivation (increased salivation), swelling of the oral mucosa, dryness in it, feeling of bitterness in the mouth, yellow patina language.
- Respiratory organs - shortness of breath, sore throat.
In isolated cases, there was a change in blood pressure with a decrease in its level, headache, and general weakness.
In case of a significant excess of the dose above the permissible level, symptoms of the side effects of the drug develop. In such cases, you must stop taking it and seek medical attention. Treatment of overdose consists in washing the stomach, intestines and performing intravenous drip detoxification of the body.
Amizon tablets are well tolerated. Before using them, be sure to read the instructions. It is important to pay attention to a number of special instructions:
- Pregnant women in the I trimester use of the drug is prohibited. During the II and III trimester taking tablets is possible only for the purpose and under the supervision of a physician.
- Children under the age of 6 years Amizon in the form of tablets does not apply.
- Amizon tablets enhance the effect of antibiotics when they are used together.
- For a better therapeutic result, Amizon tablets should preferably be used in conjunction with vitamin C or multivitamin preparations.
- Taking Amizon tablets does not affect the concentration of attention and the speed of psychomotor reactions.
Pharmacies Amizon is available without a prescription. In case of any doubts or questions about the drug, it is advisable to consult a doctor.
Terms and conditions of storage
The shelf life of the drug is 3 years from the date of manufacture. The drug is stored in a dark and out of reach of children at a temperature not higher than + 25 ° C.
Regarding the mechanism of the antiviral effect, analogues of Amizon tablets are Arbivir, Arbidol, Armenicum, Groprinosin, Imustat, Novirin.
Currently there is no drug in Moscow pharmacies.
In Kiev, prices for Amizon formed as follows:
Amizon tablets 10 pcs. - from 30 UAH
Amizon tablets 20 pcs. - from 55 UAH.