Amizon instructions for use
Amizon tablets are a clinico-pharmacological group of antiviral agents for systemic use with immunostimulating action. The active substance of the tablets is enisamium iodide (amisone), which has an antiviral effect.
Form of issue and composition
Amizon is available in the form of tablets, they are round in shape, yellow or yellow-green in color and coated. Packed tablets in a blister for 10 pieces. Packages of 2 types - with one (10 tablets) and two (20 tablets) blisters. The active substance - amisone (enisamium iodide), is a derivative of isonicotinic acid. Tablets contain it in 2 concentrations - 250 mg (for adults) and 125 mg (for children). Also in the composition of the 1st pill are auxiliary substances, which include:
- Lactose monohydrate.
- Microcrystalline cellulose.
- Croscarmellose sodium.
- Calcium stearate.
Packaging with a different number of tablets allows you to choose from a different course of treatment.
Active substance tablets Amizon refers to the pharmacological group of antiviral agents for systemic use. It also has immunostimulating properties. In the human body, it has several therapeutic effects:
- Direct inhibition of viral replication (synthesis and assembly of viral particles within infected cells).
- The effect on hemagglutinins of virus particles, due to which they lose the ability to attach to the cells of the human body.
- Interferonogenic properties - the active substance of the drug has the ability to stimulate the synthesis of endogenous interferon by cells of the immune system. Interferon has antiviral activity.
- Immunostimulating action - the active substance of the drug stimulates the production of lysozyme (a substance that is contained in biological fluids of the human body and has antiseptic properties), the synthesis of antibodies by cells of the immune system.
- Anti-inflammatory effect - amyzon stabilizes the membranes of cells of the immune system, due to which the synthesis of mediators of inflammation of prostaglandins decreases.
- A small antipyretic effect - is realized due to the direct effect of the drug on the center of thermoregulation of the medulla oblongata.
- An easy analgesic effect - anesthesia during inflammation is achieved by providing the active substance with a drug inhibitory effect on the reticular formation of the brain.
The general result of pharmacological action of Amizon tablets is a pronounced antiviral effect. The active substance after taking the tablets is absorbed into the blood from the intestine. The therapeutic concentration in the body is reached only 30 minutes after taking the pill, the maximum content of the active substance - after 2-2,5 hours. From the tissues, the active substance enters the liver, where it is metabolized to intermediate decay products. They are excreted by the kidneys with urine. Half-life (the time for which 50% of the initial concentration of the active substance is excreted from the body) is 13.5-14 hours. Amizon freely penetrates into the tissues of the brain, spinal cord through the blood-brain barrier and into the fetus during pregnancy. Data on the penetration of the active substance of the drug into breast milk is not available.
Indications for use
Amizon tablets are indicated for the complex etiotropic treatment of various viral infections, which include:
- Acute respiratory viral infections (ARVI) - parainfluenza, adenovirus, rhinovirus, RS syncytial infection (common for these infections is the nature of the course that manifests itself as a cold).
- Influenza also refers to ARVI, but has a more severe course, which is often accompanied by the development of various complications.
- Children's viral infections - rubella, epidparotitis (mumps), chicken pox, measles (these infections are allocated to the children's group, due to the highest incidence in childhood).
- Infectious mononucleosis.
- Nonspecific prophylaxis of viral hepatitis A, E in case of an epidemic outbreak and a high risk of infection with the virus.
- Complex therapy of viral infections associated with bacteria - angina , erysipeloid, meningitis and meningoencephalitis of the viral nature, felinosis ("cat scratch disease").
- Diseases caused by herpes viruses - shingles , herpes.
Due to their easy analgesic properties, Amizon tablets are also used in complex therapy of locomotor system diseases accompanied by pain syndrome (osteochondrosis, osteoarthritis, protrusion or herniated discs, arthritis of various etiologies).
Contraindications for use
The use of Amisone tablets is contraindicated in case of allergic reactions to its active ingredient or auxiliary components, their individual intolerance, severe organic pathology of the liver or kidneys. The drug is absolutely contraindicated in pregnant women in the first trimester of pregnancy.
Method of application and dosage
Amizon tablets are taken orally after meals. Dosage and course (duration) of admission depends on the main pathology and the purpose of using Amizon tablets. With a therapeutic purpose it is taken in such dosages:
- Treatment of influenza or ARVI - adults and children over 12 years of age 250-500 mg 2-4 times a day 5-7 days, children 6-12 years 125 mg 2-3 times a day for 5-7 days.
- For the treatment of viral meningitis or meningoencephalitis - adults and children over 16 years of age 250 mg 3 times a day for 10 days.
- Treatment of measles, rubella, chicken pox - children 6-7 years 125 mg 3 times a day, children 8-12 years - 125 mg 4 times a day, children 12-16 years - 250 mg 3 times a day, adults 500 mg 3 times a day.
- Treatment epideparotita - children 12-14 years, 250 mg 2-3 times a day, adults 250 mg 2-3 times a day, the course of treatment 6-7 days.
- Prevention of epidparotitis - 250 mg 2 times a day for adults.
- Treatment of infectious mononucleosis - adults 125 mg 3-4 times a day and 125 mg 3 times a day for children. In severe cases - the first 3 days of 1.5-2 g per day for adults, up to 1 g per day for children. After clinical and laboratory improvement, the dosage can be reduced by half.
- Treatment of felinosis - adults 250 mg 2-3 times a day with a moderate course of the disease, in the case of severe pathology, 500 mg 2 times a day.
- Treatment of the cutaneous-articular form of erysipeloid in adults - adults of 500 mg 2 times a day, the duration of the course is 1-2 weeks.
- Prevention of viral hepatitis A, E - adults 250 mg 3 times a day.
- Complex treatment of pneumonia (pneumonia) - 250 mg 3 times a day for 10-15 days.
- Complex treatment of angina - in severe cases of pathology - 500 mg 3 times a day, for the medium-severe course of the disease - 250 mg 3-4 times a day.
- Complex treatment of pain syndrome in diseases of the musculoskeletal system - from 250 to 500 mg 3 times a day, depending on the intensity of pain.
For the prevention of acute viral infections and influenza, Amizon tablets are used in such doses:
- Adults - 250 mg per day for 5 days, further - 250 mg 1 time in 2-3 days 3 weeks.
- Children aged 6-12 years - 125 mg every other day for 2-3 weeks.
- Children aged 12-16 years - 250 mg every other day for 3 weeks.
The maximum dose for a single dose of Amisone should not exceed 1000 mg, the maximum daily dose - 2000 mg. The average recommended course of application of Amizon tablets is from 5 to 30 days.
The use of Amizon tablets can lead to the development of such side effects from different systems:
- Allergic reactions to the active substance of the drug or auxiliary substances are characterized by the appearance of a rash on the skin, its itching, the development of urticaria (a rash with a small swelling that resembles a nettle burn), angioedema, swelling of the skin and subcutaneous tissue with predominant localization on the face or genitals ). In severe cases, it is possible to develop anaphylactic shock - a progressive increase in multiorgan failure on the background of lowering blood pressure.
- The digestive system - nausea, vomiting, heartburn, abdominal pain with a sense of heaviness in the right hypochondrium, diarrhea and bloating (flatulence), hypersalivation (increased salivation), swelling of the oral mucosa, dryness in it, bitterness in the mouth, yellow coating on the mouth language.
- Respiratory organs - shortness of breath, swelling in the throat.
In isolated cases, there was a change in blood pressure with a decrease in its level, headache, general weakness.
In the case of a significant excess of the dose above the permissible level, the symptoms of the side effects of the drug develop. In such cases, you must stop taking it and seek medical help. Treatment of an overdose consists in washing the stomach, intestines and carrying out an intravenous drop detoxification of the body.
Amizon tablets are well tolerated. Before using them, you should always read the instructions. It is important to pay attention to a number of special instructions:
- Pregnant women in the first trimester use of the drug is prohibited. During the second and third trimester, the taking of tablets is possible only for the intended purpose and under the supervision of the doctor.
- Children under the age of 6 years Amizon in the form of tablets does not apply.
- Tablets Amizon strengthen the effect of antibiotics when they are used together.
- For better therapeutic results, Amisone tablets should be used together with vitamin C or multivitamin preparations.
- Receiving tablets Amizon does not affect the concentration of attention and the speed of psychomotor reactions.
In pharmacies, Amizon is dispensed without a prescription. In case of any doubts or questions about the drug, it is advisable to consult a doctor.
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life of the drug is 3 years from the date of manufacture. The drug is stored in a dark place inaccessible to children at a temperature of not more than 25 ° C.
Analogues of Amizon
With regard to the mechanism of antiviral effect, analogues of Amizon tablets are - Arbivir, Arbidol, Armenicum, Groprinosin, Imustat, Novirin.
Prices for Amizon
At the moment, there is no drug in Moscow pharmacies.
In Kiev, prices for Amizon were formed as follows:
Amizon tablet 10 pcs. - from 30 UAH
Amizon tablets 20 pcs. - from 55 UAH.