Aminocaproic acid instructions for use
Aminocaproic acid is a drug that belongs to the pharmacological group of hemostatics (hemostatic or antihemorrhagic agents). It is used in various fields of medicine, including surgery and gynecology to stop bleeding.
Form of issue and composition
The drug Aminocaproic acid is available in two dosage forms - oral tablets and a solution for intravenous infusion. Tablets have a round shape, white color. There are several types of packing of tablets:
- In the cell outline package of 12 tablets, the cardboard bundle contains 1 or 2 contour cell packs (in 1 packet 12 and 24 tablets, respectively).
- In bottles of 50 tablets.
- In containers of 20 and 50 tablets.
The active substance of the drug is aminocaproic acid, its concentration in 1 tablet is 500 mg. In addition to the active ingredient, auxiliary components also include:
- Magnesium stearate.
- Silica colloidal anhydrous.
- Povidone (polyvinylpyrolidone).
- Croscarmellose sodium.
Solution for infusion of Aminocaproic acid is produced in 100 ml vials containing 5 g of aminocaproic acid (5% solution). Different dosage forms and the number of tablets make it possible to select the dosage and type of administration of the drug in the body, depending on the severity of bleeding and severity The main pathology.
In the process of clotting and resorption of thrombus (fibrinolysis), various enzymatic systems of the body participate, which catalyze the rate and intensity of the course of these processes. Prolonged and marked bleeding in the body develops with damage to the walls of vessels of different calibers, in which there is rapid dissolution of the thrombus. Aminocaproic acid inhibits (reduces activity) the processes of fibrinolysis due to blocking of the enzyme plasminogen and partial inhibition of plasmin (enzymes that catalyze resorption of blood clots in blood vessels). Also, aminocaproic acid inhibits the activity of other tissue enzymes, which reduce the processes of blood clotting - streptokinase, urokinase, trypsin, hyaluronidase. By reducing the permeability of the vessels of the microcirculatory bed, reducing the activity of production of antibodies, under the influence of aminocaproic acid, this drug has anti-inflammatory, antiallergic, immunosuppressive effect. Due to such effects, aminocaproic acid has a therapeutic effect in pathological processes in the body, which are accompanied by severe fibrinolytic activity. With respect to the influenza virus, this active substance has an antiviral effect, it oppresses the processes of its replication.
When taking the tablets inside, aminocaproic acid is quickly absorbed into the blood from the intestine, where it reaches the therapeutic concentration after 20 minutes. With the intravenous administration of the solution, the therapeutic concentration of the active substance in the blood is almost instantaneous. From the body the drug is excreted in a practically unchanged form mainly by the kidneys. Aminocaproic acid freely enters the fetus through the placenta during pregnancy.
Indications for use
The use of aminocaproic acid is indicated for various pathological conditions, accompanied by an increase in the activity of fibrinolysis processes in the body. These include:
- Stopping bleeding or preventing it, which is caused by increased fibrinolysis activity in the blood, a decrease in the level of fibrinogen (hypofibrinogenemia) or its absence (afibrinogenemia).
- Surgical surgical intervention, which is performed in organs that contain many enzymes of fibrinolysis activators (brain, lungs, prostate, pancreas, thyroid gland, adrenal glands, uterus).
- Burn disease - in case of burns of tissues of any etiology (thermal, chemical burn), a large number of tissue enzymes of fibrinolysis activators are released into the blood.
- Abortion, uterine bleeding.
- Any pathology (somatic or infectious) of internal organs, which is accompanied by a tendency to bleed.
- Pathology of the digestive system - liver, pancreas (accompanied by the release of a large number of digestive proteolytic enzymes in the blood).
- Hypoplastic or pernicious (malignant) anemia, leukemia (oncological processes of the blood system and red bone marrow).
- Allergic pathology - allergic rhinitis, tonsillitis , hemorrhagic vasculitis (allergic pathology, accompanied by increased bleeding from small vessels).
All these indications for the use of aminocaproic acid are determined by the doctor, on the basis of the clinical picture and the additional instrumental and laboratory examination performed.
Contraindications for use
The use of aminocaproic acid is contraindicated in certain pathological and physiological states of the organism, which include:
- Increased coagulability of blood with a high risk of formation of intravascular thrombi with their subsequent migration in the vascular bed and blockage of the arteries, which is accompanied by the development of acute circulatory disorders in the relevant organ (thromboembolism).
- Coagulopathy (violation of the blood coagulation system) due to the syndrome of disseminated intravascular coagulation (DVS-syndrome).
- Pregnancy at any time.
- Severe kidney pathology, accompanied by a violation of their functional activity and the development of renal failure.
Before using the drug, an exception is always made for the presence of contraindications.
Dosage and Administration
Tablets Aminocaproic acid is taken orally after a meal, wholly, with a sufficient amount of water. The average dosage for adults with a moderate increase in fibrinolytic activity of the blood is 2-3 g (4-6 tablets) at one time. The daily dosage is about 10-15 g (20-30 tablets). For children, the drug is used at the rate of 0.05 g of aminocaproic acid per 1 kg of body weight. Depending on the age, children with acute bleeding are prescribed such doses of the drug:
- 2-4 years - 1 g single dose, 6 g daily dosage.
- 5-8 years - 1-1.5 g single dose, 6-9 g daily dosage.
- 9-10 years - 3 g single dose, 18 g daily dosage.
The duration of treatment with aminocaproic acid depends on the type and severity of the underlying pathology, on average, it is a period of 3 to 14 days. According to these dosages, intravenous administration of a solution of Aminocaproic acid is also calculated. With conservative treatment of blood, liver, pancreas, allergic diseases, adults are prescribed 1-3 tablets 4-5 times a day, with a course of treatment of 14-30 days. The course of treatment, if necessary, can be prolonged, and laboratory monitoring of the functional state of the blood coagulation system is necessarily carried out.
When using the drug Aminocaproic acid, individual intolerance may develop, which manifests itself by such symptoms:
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
- Orthostatic hypertension - a decrease in systemic arterial pressure when the body moves into a vertical position.
- Rashes on the skin.
- Catarrh of the upper respiratory tract.
In case of side effects, it is necessary to reduce the dosage or stop using the drug.
Exceeding the recommended dose is accompanied by the appearance of signs of development of side effects. With a significant overdose, rhabdomyolysis (damage to the cells of the striated muscle) is possible with the appearance of myoglobin (transport muscle protein) in the urine and the development of renal failure.
Before you start using the drug, you should carefully read the instructions for its use. It is worth paying attention to the features of its use:
- Long-term administration of aminocaproic acid or its intravenous administration as a solution should be accompanied by laboratory monitoring of the functional state of the blood coagulation system.
- During the period of using the drug, it is necessary to refuse to take fatty foods, which can provoke thrombosis in the vessels with subsequent thromboembolism.
- Do not take Aminocaproic acid with oral contraceptives, as this can increase blood clotting.
- During the treatment period, it is impossible to perform work related to the need for increased concentration of attention and speed of psychomotor reactions.
In the pharmacy chain, Aminocaproic acid is released only on prescription.
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life is 3 years. Store in a dark place inaccessible to children, with a temperature not exceeding + 25 ° C.
The same active substance has a preparation Polikapran.
Aminocaproic acid: price
Aminocaproic acid solution for infusion, 100 ml bottle. - from 43 rubles.