Aminalon instructions for use
Aminolone is a psychostimulating (nootropic) drug. Its main active substance is gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA). It is used in the complex therapy of acute circulatory disorders of the brain, atherosclerotic lesions of arterial vessels with localization of the process in the brain.
Form of issue and composition
Aminolone tablets of round shape, have a biconvex surface and white (white-cream color is allowed), they are covered with a shell. The main active substance gamma-aminobutyric acid in one tablet is contained in an amount of 0.25 g. Also in its composition are additional substances:
- Microcrystalline cellulose.
- Povidone 25.
- Colloidal silicon dioxide is anhydrous.
- Magnesium stearate.
- Opalium II white 85F18422, a mixture of compounds - polyethylene glycol, talc, titanium dioxide E 171, polyvinyl alcohol.
Tablets are packaged in a blister for 10 pieces. One cardboard bundle has 1, 2 and 5 blisters. This gives convenience for the use of the drug depending on the duration of the course of treatment.
The active substance of tablets Aminolone refers to nootropic medicines. Gamma-aminobutyric acid is a natural metabolite of the brain and stimulates the functional activity of the central nervous system, due to such pharmacological effects:
- Strengthens energy processes in neurocytes (cells of the nervous system).
- Improves the utilization of glucose by the cells of the nervous system, which improves the energy processes in the brain.
- It improves the dynamics of impulse transmission in the nervous synapses (contacts, between neurocytes), thereby improving memory, mental capacity for work, concentration of attention.
- It has an easy psychostimulating effect.
- Promotes the restoration of neurocytes after their damage of a different nature and nature, which leads to a faster recovery of motor activity, speech after a hemorrhagic or ischemic stroke of the brain.
- Promotes normalization of arterial pressure in hypertensive disease (prolonged increase in systemic blood pressure above normal).
- It has antihypoxic properties, reduces the need for neurocytes in oxygen.
- Has an easy anticonvulsant effect.
After taking the pill, GABA is rapidly absorbed into the blood from the small intestine, the therapeutic concentration in the body is reached after 30 minutes after ingestion. The active substance is distributed in the body, freely penetrates the blood-brain barrier and accumulates in the brain tissues. GABA also penetrates the fetus through the placenta during pregnancy and into breast milk while breastfeeding. It is metabolized in the liver and kidneys, with the formation of various intermediate decay products, which are largely excreted in the urine by the kidneys.
Indications for use
The main indications for the use of Aminolone tablets are various pathological states of the brain and structures of the central nervous system, which are accompanied by damage to the neurocytes. These include:
- Vascular pathology of the brain - atherosclerosis of the arteries, hypertension, leading to spasm of cerebral vessels and impairment of the intensity of blood circulation in its tissues.
- Chronic insufficiency of cerebral circulation, accompanied by a decrease in memory, concentration of attention, mental capacity for work, dizziness, noise in the ears, sleep disturbance (insomnia), coordination of movements.
- Children's cerebral palsy - damage to cells of the cerebral cortex due to acute hypoxia (insufficient oxygen supply) during the perinatal period.
- Encephalopathy - metabolic and energy disorders in neurocytes due to alcohol intoxication, after an ischemic or hemorrhagic stroke.
- The lag in the mental development of children older than 5 years, caused by various reasons.
- Age-related dementia is a marked decrease in intelligence and memory in people over 65 years old, associated with age-related changes in the cells of the nervous system.
- Treatment and prevention of abnormalities in the vestibular apparatus for sea or air sickness (manifested by severe dizziness, nausea, vomiting during motion sickness).
Indications for the use of Aminalon tablets are determined on the basis of the characteristic clinical symptoms and data of additional instrumental and laboratory tests.
Contraindications for use
Use of Aminolone in the form of tablets is contraindicated in such cases:
- Individual intolerance or allergic reaction, developing on the active ingredient or auxiliary components of the drug.
- Pregnancy at any time or breastfeeding.
- Children under 5 years.
Before you start using Aminalon tablets, you need to make sure there are no contraindications.
Dosage and Administration
Aminolone tablets are taken orally, before meals, wholly, with enough water. Adults, depending on the pathology and severity of its course, appoint 0.5-1.25 g of the drug (2-5 tablets) at one time. The daily dose should not exceed 1.5-3 g of GABA (6-12 tablets). Children older than 5 years of aminolone are prescribed depending on the type and severity of the pathology from 2 to 12 tablets per day for 2-3 doses. For the treatment of motion sickness, adults can use 2 tablets, and children older than 5 years, 1 tablet 2-3 times a day for 3 days. For the prevention of motion sickness, the same dosages are used 2-3 days before the proposed trip.
Since gamma-aminobutyric acid is a low-toxic product and is synthesized by the cells of the nervous system in its natural form, there are few side effects from using Aminalon tablets, these include:
- Dyspeptic syndrome - nausea, vomiting, bloating (flatulence), unstable stool (constipation is replaced by diarrhea and vice versa).
- Increased body temperature, a feeling of heat in the body.
- Fluctuations in blood pressure - its increase is replaced by a subsequent decrease.
- Allergic reactions to the skin in the form of rash, itching and urticaria (characteristic rash and swelling, reminiscent of a nettle burn). More severe allergic reactions in the form of Quincke edema (significant swelling of the skin and subcutaneous tissue with predominant localization on the face or genitals) or anaphylactic shock (systemic multi-organ failure in the background of a critical drop in blood pressure) develops extremely rarely.
When the dosage is reduced, these phenomena usually go away.
If the therapeutic dose of the drug is significantly exceeded or the regime of its reception is violated, manifestations may occur that occur with the development of side effects. In this case, the drug is discontinued, gastric, intestinal and symptomatic washing is performed.
Before using Aminalon tablets, you should read the instructions, with the obligatory attention to special instructions, which include:
- The first receptions of tablets should be carried out under the control of arterial pressure.
- It is not recommended to take the drug before going to bed, because in connection with its psycho-stimulating effect, the development of insomnia is possible.
- Alcohol intake during treatment with aminolone tablets is not recommended, since it can worsen the result of treatment and lead to the development of side effects.
- The use of the drug during pregnancy, breastfeeding and children under 5 years is not recommended.
- Aminalon tablets do not lead to a marked decrease in the concentration of attention and speed of psychomotor reactions. But at the first intake of tablets or with the long-term use of Aminalon tablets, the performance of work related to the need for concentration of attention and the speed of the psychomotor reaction is not recommended.
In pharmacies, the drug is dispensed without a prescription. In case of any questions or doubts about its reception, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life 2 years from the date of manufacture. Store in a dark place inaccessible to children at a temperature not exceeding + 25 ° C.
Analogues of Aminalon
Drugs that have a similar pharmacological effect are Biotropil, Vinpocetine, Vasavital, Glycine, Cavinton.
Prices for Aminolone
Aminanolone tablets coated with 250 mg, 100 pcs. - from 214 rubles.