Aminalon instructions for use
Aminalon is a psychostimulant (nootropic) drug. Its main active ingredient is gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA). It is used in the complex therapy of acute circulatory disorders of the brain, atherosclerotic lesion of the arterial vessels with localization of the process in the brain.
Release form and composition
Aminalon tablets are round in shape, have a biconvex surface and white (white-cream color is allowed) color, they are coated. The main active ingredient gamma-aminobutyric acid in one tablet is contained in an amount of 0.25 g. It also contains additional substances:
- Microcrystalline cellulose.
- Povidone 25.
- Colloidal silica anhydrous.
- Magnesium stearate.
- Opadry II white 85F18422, mixture of compounds - polyethylene glycol, talc, titanium dioxide E 171, polyvinyl alcohol.
The tablets are packaged in a blister of 10 pieces. One carton pack has 1, 2 and 5 blisters. This gives convenience for the use of the drug, depending on the duration of the course of treatment.
The active ingredient of the tablets Aminalon is a nootropic drug. Gamma-aminobutyric acid is a natural metabolite of the brain and stimulates the functional activity of the central nervous system, due to these pharmacological effects:
- Strengthens energy processes in neurocytes (cells of the nervous system).
- Improves glucose utilization by the cells of the nervous system, thereby improving energy processes in the brain.
- It improves the dynamics of the transmission of impulses in nerve synapses (contacts, between neurocytes), thereby improving memory, mental capacity, and concentration.
- It has a slight psychostimulant action.
- It contributes to the restoration of neurocytes after their damage of different nature and nature, which leads to a more rapid recovery of motor activity, speech after suffering a hemorrhagic or ischemic stroke of the brain.
- Contributes to the normalization of blood pressure in hypertensive disease (prolonged increase in systemic blood pressure above normal).
- It has antihypoxic properties, reduces the need for neurocytes in oxygen.
- It has a slight anticonvulsant effect.
After taking the pill, GABA is rapidly absorbed into the blood from the small intestine, the therapeutic concentration in the body is reached within 30 minutes after ingestion. The active substance is distributed in the body, freely penetrates the blood-brain barrier and accumulates in the brain tissues. GABA also penetrates the fetus through the placenta during pregnancy and into breast milk during lactation. It is metabolized in the liver and kidneys, with the formation of various intermediate decay products, which are largely excreted in the urine by the kidneys.
Indications for use
The main indications for the use of Aminalon tablets are various pathological states of the brain and structures of the central nervous system, which are accompanied by damage to neurocytes. These include:
- Vascular pathology of the brain - atherosclerosis of the arteries, hypertension, leading to vasospasm of the brain and a violation of the intensity of blood circulation in its tissues.
- Chronic cerebrovascular insufficiency, accompanied by a decrease in memory, concentration, mental disability, dizziness, tinnitus, sleep disturbance (insomnia), coordination of movements.
- Cerebral palsy - damage to the cells of the cerebral cortex due to acute hypoxia (lack of oxygen) in the perinatal period.
- Encephalopathy - metabolic and energy disorders in neurocytes due to alcohol intoxication, after suffering ischemic or hemorrhagic stroke.
- The mental retardation of children over 5 years of age due to various reasons.
- Age-related dementia is a pronounced decrease in intelligence and memory in people over 65 years of age, associated with age-related changes in the cells of the nervous system.
- Treatment and prevention of disorders in the vestibular apparatus in case of sea or air sickness (manifested by severe dizziness, nausea, vomiting during motion sickness).
Indications for use Aminalon tablets are determined on the basis of the characteristic clinical symptoms and data of additional instrumental and laboratory examination.
The use of the drug Aminalon in the form of tablets is contraindicated in such cases:
- Individual intolerance or allergic reaction developing on the active ingredient or auxiliary components of the drug.
- Pregnancy at any time or breastfeeding.
- Children under 5 years old.
Before starting the use of Aminalon tablets, you must ensure that there are no contraindications.
Dosing and Administration
Aminalon tablets are taken orally before meals, entirely, drinking a sufficient amount of water. Adults, depending on the pathology and severity of its course, are prescribed 0.5-1.25 g of the drug (2-5 tablets) at one time. The daily dose should not exceed 1.5-3 g of GABA (6-12 tablets). Depending on the type and severity of the pathology, from 2 to 12 tablets per day for 2-3 doses is prescribed to children older than 5 years. For the treatment of motion sickness, adults can use 2 tablets, and for children over 5 years old, take 1 tablet 2-3 times a day for 3 days. For the prevention of motion sickness, the same dosages are used 2-3 days before the intended trip.
Since gamma-aminobutyric acid is a low-toxic product and is synthesized by the cells of the nervous system in its natural form, there are few side effects from the use of Aminalon tablets, these include:
- Dyspeptic syndrome - nausea, vomiting, abdominal distension (flatulence), unstable stool (constipation is replaced by diarrhea and vice versa).
- Increased body temperature, sensation of heat in the body.
- Blood pressure fluctuations - its increase is replaced by a subsequent decrease.
- Allergic reactions on the skin in the form of a rash, itching, and urticaria (characteristic rash and swelling, resembling a nettle burn). Heavier allergic reactions in the form of angioedema (significant swelling of the skin and subcutaneous tissue with predominant localization on the face or genitals) or anaphylactic shock (systemic multiple organ failure with a critical reduction in blood pressure) is extremely rare.
When reducing the dosage usually these phenomena disappear.
With a significant excess of a therapeutic dose of the drug or a violation of its reception regime, manifestations may occur that occur with the development of side effects. In this case, the use of the drug is stopped, the gastric and intestinal lavages and symptomatic therapy are performed.
Before using Aminalon tablets, it is necessary to read the instructions, with the obligatory attention to special instructions, which include:
- The first pill pills should be carried out under the control of blood pressure.
- It is not recommended to take the drug at bedtime, as insomnia may develop due to its psychoactive effect.
- Taking alcohol during treatment with Aminalon pills is not recommended, as it can worsen the outcome of treatment and lead to the development of side effects.
- The use of the drug during pregnancy, breastfeeding and children under the age of 5 years is not recommended.
- Aminalon tablets do not lead to a marked decrease in concentration and speed of psychomotor reactions. But the first time taking pills or long-term use of pills Aminalon, the performance of work related to the need for concentration and speed of the psychomotor reaction is not recommended.
In pharmacies, the drug is available without a prescription. In case of any questions or doubts regarding his reception, it is necessary to consult with a doctor.
Terms and conditions of storage
The shelf life of the drug is 2 years from the date of manufacture. It is necessary to store in a dark place inaccessible to children at a temperature not higher than + 25 ° C.
Drugs that have similar pharmacological effects are Biotropil, Vinpocetine, Vasavital, Glycine, Cavinton.
Aminalon tablets, coated 250 mg, 100 pcs. - from 214 rubles.