Amiksin user manual
Amixin tablets are a pharmacological group of antiviral agents and inducers of endogenous interferon synthesis. Due to this they effectively suppress the replication of the virus inside the cells of the body, thus contributing to the speedy recovery in viral infections.
Form of issue and composition
Amixin tablets have a round biconvex shape and light yellow (yellow color is allowed). On a cross-section the tablets have a non-uniform structure, with a core saturated in orange. The active substance of this drug is tyrolon, in one tablet its content is 60 and 120 mg. Packed tablets in polymer bottles of 6 and 10 pieces. Also in one tablet Amiksin contains such auxiliary substances:
- The main magnesium is carbonate.
- Calcium stearate.
- Vaseline oil.
- Tropeolin O.
- Titanium dioxide.
The concentration of tyrolon in tablets of 60 (children's Amiksin) and 120 (tablets for adults) mg allows you to choose the optimal dosage for children and adults. In one cardboard package contains 1 polymer bottle with 6 or 10 tablets.
Tyrolon in tablets Amiksin is a representative of the pharmacological group of medicines - antiviral agents and inducers of endogenous interferon production. Interferon is one of the main biologically active compounds that is produced by cells in the immune system and has a protective effect against viruses (interferon α), by suppressing the translation process (the construction of protein molecules) of virus particles inside the infected cell. After accumulation of the therapeutic concentration of tyrolon in the body, liver cells, intestines, T-lymphocytes, granulocytes, after 4 hours begin to actively produce interferon. Thanks to stimulating antiviral immunity and suppressing the transmission of viral proteins, Amixin tablets are used to treat various viral infections. It also has other biological effects that contribute to the enhancement of the functional activity of the immune system:
- Enhancement of antibody production by B lymphocytes and plasma cells.
- Stimulation of stem cells of red bone marrow, which leads to an increase in the number of immune cells in the blood.
- Optimization of the ratio of T-lymphocytes and B-lymphocytes with their maximum protective properties.
After taking Amixin tablets inside, the active substance is absorbed from the intestine into the blood. The therapeutic concentration in the body is reached only 30 minutes after admission. Tyrolon freely penetrates into all tissues of the body, passes through the blood-brain barrier, placenta (enters the fetus during pregnancy) and penetrates into breast milk during lactation. From the body, the active substance of Amixin tablets is excreted unchanged in large part with feces (70%), partially with urine (7%). Half-life (the time for which half of the total drug concentration in the body is excreted) is 48 hours.
Indications for use
Due to their antiviral and immunomodulatory properties, Amixin tablets are indicated for a number of different diseases, which include:
- Viral hepatitis - A, B and C.
- Herpes viral infection, shingles .
- Infectious process caused by cytomegalovirus.
- Influenza and other acute respiratory viral infections (ARVI), in which Amixin tablets can be used to prevent infection and for treatment.
Immunomodulating properties and induction of endogenous interferon synthesis broaden the spectrum of indications. Amixin tablets can be used as a part of complex therapy of respiratory and urogenital chlamydia, pulmonary tuberculosis, viral and infectious-allergic encephalomeningitis (inflammation of the substance of the brain and its membranes).
Contraindications for use
Amiksin is a relatively safe drug, however, its use is contraindicated in such cases:
- Pregnancy at any time of the current.
- Lactation and breastfeeding period.
- Children under the age of 7 years.
- Individual intolerance of the active substance and the auxiliary components of the drug, the development of an allergic reaction to them.
Before starting taking Amixin tablets, it is necessary to make sure that there are no contraindications to the use.
Dosage and Administration
Amixin tablets are taken whole by mouth, without chewing and washing with water. It is advisable to take tablets not on an empty stomach, but after eating. Dosage and the course of application of Amixin tablets depend on the pathological process in the body, the severity of its course and the age of the person. The recommended dosages are:
- Viral hepatitis A - for prevention of 125 mg once a week for 6 weeks, treatment - the first day of 125 mg 2 times a day, then 125 mg every other day, a total of 10 tablets.
- Viral hepatitis B - in acute 125 mg twice a day for 2 days, then 125 mg every other day, for a total of 16 tablets, with a prolonged course of infection - the first 2 days 125 mg 2 times a day, then 125 mg every other day, in total 20 tablets.
- Chronic viral hepatitis B - primary treatment is the same as in the case of prolonged infection, maintenance therapy is 125 mg once a week, totaling 20 tablets. The dosage of maintenance therapy may vary depending on the severity of the course of chronic hepatitis B.
- Acute hepatitis C - the first day of 125 mg 2 times a day, then 125 mg every other day, a total of 20 tablets.
- Chronic hepatitis C - the initial treatment includes the same scheme as in the acute course, then switch to maintenance therapy, which includes 125 mg once a week, a total of 20 tablets. Dosage may vary depending on the laboratory and morphological parameters of the activity of the pathological process in the liver.
- Prevention of influenza and SARS - 125 mg once a week, 6 weeks (total 6 tablets).
- Treatment of acute respiratory infections or influenza - the first day of 125 mg once a day, then 125 mg every other day, totaling 6 tablets.
- Herpetic and cytomegalovirus infection - the first 2 days of 125 mg once a day, then switch to a dose of 125 mg every other day, in total 20 tablets.
- In the complex therapy of urogenital or respiratory chlamydia - the first 2 days 125 mg once a day, then 125 mg every other day, totaling 10 tablets.
- Complex treatment of neuroviral infections (viral or infectious-allergic encephalomeningitis) - there is no recommended dosage, it is established strictly individually, depending on the type and severity of the course of the infectious process. The average course of treatment is 4 weeks.
- Complex therapy of pulmonary tuberculosis - the first and second day of 125 mg twice a day, then 125 mg every other day, a total of 20 tablets.
Dosage for children older than 7 years is 60 mg. With various infectious diseases, it is different:
- Uncomplicated influenza or acute respiratory viral infection - 60 mg once a day on days 1, 2 and 4 (total 3 tablets of 60 mg).
- In severe ARVI and complicated influenza - 1 tablet of 60 mg is taken 1, 2, 4 and 6 days (4 tablets in total).
In most cases, dosage can be adjusted individually by the attending physician.
In general, the administration of Amixin tablets in a therapeutic dose is tolerated well, sometimes the development of such side effects is possible:
- On the part of the digestive system - nausea, vomiting, in some cases, pain in epigastrium.
- General reaction in the form of chills.
- Allergic reactions - a rash on the skin, itching, urticaria (a characteristic rash that resembles a nettle burn), Quincke's edema (considerable swelling of the skin and subcutaneous tissue in the face or genital area), anaphylactic shock (severe allergic reaction with the development of multiple organ failure).
In the event of one or more side effects, the taking of Amixin tablets should be discontinued and consult a doctor for advice.
In the case of a significant excess of the dose of Amixin tablets from the therapeutic dosage, symptomatology, characteristic of side effects, develops. In case of an overdose, stop taking the drug. To clean the digestive system, the stomach and intestines are washed. If necessary, symptomatic and detoxification therapy is performed.
Before taking Amixin tablets, it is absolutely necessary to read the instructions. There are several features of the drug:
- The use of Amixin tablets for pregnant women, breast-feeding women and children under 7 years of age is excluded.
- The drug is well tolerated, it does not interact with other medications.
- Data on the ability of Amixin tablets to reduce the concentration of attention and the speed of psychomotor reactions, no.
In pharmacies, the drug is dispensed without a prescription. If you have any doubts or questions, you should consult your doctor.
Terms and conditions of storage
The shelf life of Amixin tablets is 3 years from the date of manufacture. Keep in a dark, dry place with an air temperature of not more than + 25 ° C. Keep out of the reach of children.
Analogues of Amiksin
The same pharmacological properties and the main active substance have drugs Lavomax, Tilaxin, Tyloron.
Prices for Amiksin
Amiksin tablets, film-coated 125 mg, 6 pcs. - from 550 rubles.