Amiksin instructions for use
Amixin tablets belong to the pharmacological group of antiviral agents and inducers of the synthesis of endogenous interferon. Due to this, they effectively suppress the replication of the virus inside the cells of the body, thereby contributing to the speedy recovery from viral infections.
Release form and composition
Amixin tablets have a round biconvex shape and light yellow (yellow color is allowed). The cross-section of the tablets have a heterogeneous structure, with the core is saturated orange. The active ingredient of this drug is tirolone, in one tablet its content is 60 and 120 mg. Prepackaged tablets in polymer bottles of 6 and 10 pieces. Also in one tablet Amixin contains such excipients:
- The main magnesium carbonate.
- Calcium stearate.
- Vaseline oil.
- Tropeolin O.
- Titanium dioxide.
Concentration of tirolone in tablets of 60 (children Amiksin) and 120 (tablets for adults) mg allows you to choose the optimal dosage for children and adults. In one cardboard pack of the drug contains 1 polymer bottle with 6 or 10 tablets.
Amirixin is a representative of the pharmacological group of drugs - antiviral agents and inducers of the production of endogenous interferon. Interferon is one of the main biologically active compounds that is produced by cells of the immune system and has a protective effect against viruses (interferon α), by suppressing the translation process (building protein molecules) of virus particles inside an infected cell. After the accumulation of therapeutic concentrations of tirolone in the body, the cells of the liver, intestines, T-lymphocytes, granulocytes, already after 4 hours, begin to actively produce interferon. By stimulating antiviral immunity and suppressing the translation of viral proteins, Amixin tablets are used to treat various viral infections. It also has other biological effects that enhance the functional activity of the immune system:
- Enhancement of antibody production by B-lymphocytes and plasma cells.
- Stimulation of red bone marrow stem cells, which leads to an increase in the number of immune cells in the blood.
- Optimization of the ratio of T-lymphocytes and B-lymphocytes with their maximum protective properties.
After taking Amixin tablets inside, the active substance is absorbed from the intestine into the blood. Therapeutic concentration in the body is reached within 30 minutes after ingestion. Tyrolone freely penetrates into all tissues of the body, passes through the blood-brain barrier, the placenta (enters the body of a growing fetus during pregnancy) and enters breast milk during lactation. The active substance of the tablets Amixin is excreted from the body unchanged to a greater extent with feces (70%), partly with urine (7%). The half-life (the time during which half of the total concentration of the drug in the body is displayed) is 48 hours.
Indications for use
Due to its antiviral and immunomodulatory properties, Amixin tablets are indicated for a number of different diseases, which include:
- Viral hepatitis - A, B and C.
- Herpetic viral infection, shingles .
- Infection process caused by cytomegalovirus.
- Influenza and other acute respiratory viral infections (ARVI), in which Amixin tablets can be used to prevent infection and for treatment.
Immunomodulating properties and induction of the synthesis of endogenous interferon broaden the range of indications. Amixin tablets can be used as part of the complex therapy of respiratory and urogenital chlamydia, pulmonary tuberculosis, viral and infectious-allergic encephalomeningitis (inflammation of the substance of the brain and its membranes).
Amiksin is a relatively safe drug, however, its use is contraindicated in such cases:
- Pregnancy at any time course.
- Lactation and breastfeeding period.
- Children under the age of 7 years.
- Individual intolerance to the active substance and auxiliary components of the drug, the development of an allergic reaction to them.
Before you start taking Amixin tablets, you must make sure that there are no contraindications to use.
Dosing and Administration
Amiksin's tablets accept inside entirely, without chewing and washing down with water. It is advisable to take tablets not on an empty stomach, but after a meal. The dosage and course of use of Amixin tablets depend on the pathological process in the body, the severity of its course and the age of the person. Recommended dosages are as follows:
- Viral hepatitis A - for the prevention of 125 mg 1 time per week for 6 weeks, treatment - the first day 125 mg 2 times a day, then 125 mg every other day, for a total of 10 tablets.
- Viral hepatitis B - with acute for 125 mg 2 times a day for 2 days, then 125 mg every other day, a total of 16 tablets, with a protracted infection - the first 2 days 125 mg 2 times a day, then 125 mg every other day for a total 20 tablets.
- Chronic viral hepatitis B - the primary treatment is the same as with a protracted infection, supportive therapy is 125 mg 1 time per week, for a total of 20 tablets. The dosage of maintenance therapy may vary depending on the severity of chronic hepatitis B.
- Acute hepatitis C - the first day 125 mg 2 times a day, then 125 mg every other day, for a total of 20 tablets.
- Chronic hepatitis C - the initial treatment includes the same scheme as for the acute course, then switch to supportive therapy, which includes 125 mg once a week, a total amount of 20 tablets. The dosage may vary depending on laboratory and morphological indicators of the activity of the pathological process in the liver.
- Prevention of influenza and ARVI - 125 mg 1 time per week, 6 weeks (for a total of 6 tablets).
- Treatment of SARS or influenza - the first day 125 mg 1 time per day, then 125 mg every other day, for a total of 6 tablets.
- Herpes and cytomegalovirus infection - the first 2 days 125 mg 1 time per day, then switch to a dose of 125 mg every other day, for a total of 20 tablets.
- In the treatment of urogenital or respiratory chlamydia, the first 2 days, 125 mg once a day, then 125 mg every other day, a total of 10 tablets.
- Comprehensive treatment of neurovirus infections (viral or infectious-allergic encephalomeningitis) - there is no recommended dosage, it is set up individually, depending on the type and severity of the infection process. The course of treatment is on average 4 weeks.
- Combined therapy of pulmonary tuberculosis - the first and second day, 125 mg 2 times a day, then 125 mg every other day, for a total of 20 tablets.
The dosage for children over 7 years old is 60 mg. In various infectious diseases, it is different:
- Uncomplicated influenza or ARVI - 60 mg 1 time per day 1, 2 and 4 days (3 tablets of 60 mg each).
- In severe acute respiratory viral infections and complicated flu - 1 tablet of 60 mg is taken 1, 2, 4 and 6 days (4 tablets in total).
In most cases, the dosage can be adjusted individually by the attending physician.
In general, the administration of Amixin tablets at a therapeutic dose is well tolerated, sometimes the development of such side effects is possible:
- On the part of the digestive system - nausea, vomiting, in some cases, pain in the epigastrium.
- General reaction in the form of chills.
- Allergic reactions - a rash on the skin, itching, hives (characteristic rash resembling a nettle), angioedema (significant swelling of the skin and subcutaneous tissue in the face or genitals), anaphylactic shock (severe allergic reaction with the development of organ failure).
In the event of one or more manifestations of side effects, taking Amixin tablets should be stopped and consult a doctor for advice.
In the case of a significant excess of the dose of Amixin tablets from a therapeutic dosage, symptoms develop, which are characteristic of side effects. In case of overdose, the drug is stopped. To clean the digestive system is performed washing the stomach and intestines. If necessary, symptomatic and detoxification therapy is performed.
Before taking Amixin tablets, it is imperative that you read the instructions. There are several features of the drug:
- The use of Amixin tablets for pregnant women, breastfeeding women and children under 7 years of age is excluded.
- The drug is well tolerated, does not interact with them when taking other medicines.
- Data on the ability of Amixin tablets to reduce concentration and speed of psychomotor reactions, no.
In pharmacies, the drug is available without a prescription. If you have any doubts or questions, you should consult with your doctor.
Terms and conditions of storage
Amixin tablets shelf life is 3 years from the date of manufacture. It is necessary to store in a dark, dry place with an air temperature no higher than + 25 ° C. Keep out of the reach of children.
The same pharmacological properties and the main active ingredient are drugs Lavomax, Tilaxin, Tiloron.
Amiksin tablets, film coated 125 mg, 6 pcs. - from 550 rubles.