Amigrenin instructions for use
Amigrenin tablets are a tool that is used to treat migraine. They contain the main active ingredient sumatriptan, which belongs to the pharmacological group of serotonergic drugs. It has several biological effects, which result in a decrease in the intensity of headaches during migraine.
Release form and composition
Amigrenin is available in pill form. They have a round shape, a biconvex surface and white color. Outside the tablet is coated. Packing tablets is carried out in a blister (contains 2 tablets) or a glass bottle of dark glass (10 tablets.) One package contains 1 blister or 1 glass bottle. The main active ingredient of the drug sumatriptan is contained in 1 tablet in an amount of 0.05 g. Excipients are potato starch, milk sugar, magnesium stearate, sodium carboxymethyl starch, oxlipropylcellulose, and methoxypropylcellulose. Different packing of the drug in 2 and 10 tablets makes their choice convenient for different duration of the course of treatment.
Sumatriptan, which is the active ingredient of Amigrenin tablets, has an effect on type 5 5-hydroxytryptamine receptors, which are localized in the smooth muscle cells of the cerebral arterial vessels. Due to this effect, sumatriptan leads to an increase in their tone, without having a pronounced effect on arteries located in other organs. Sumatriptan also reduces the functional activity of the trigeminal nerve (V pair of cranial nerves). The cumulative effect of such effects is to reduce the intensity of migraine headaches within half an hour after taking the pill.
When ingested tablets Amigrenina maximum concentration in the blood of sumatriptan is reached after 45 minutes. The active substance freely penetrates the blood-brain barrier, which gives him the opportunity to exert effect directly in the brain tissues. It also enters the body of a growing fetus during pregnancy and into breast milk. Sumatriptan is metabolized in the liver cells, its decay products are mainly excreted by the kidneys in the urine. The elimination half-life (elimination half of the total concentration in the body) is 2 hours.
Indications for use
Amigrenin tablets are shown to patients with migraines to reduce the intensity of headache during an attack. The drug can be used to treat migraine with or without aura.
Amigrenin tablets are contraindicated for use in such pathological or physiological conditions of the body:
- Individual intolerance or allergic reaction to sumatriptan or excipients of the drug.
- Myocardial infarction is an acute circulatory disorder in the heart muscle, accompanied by necrosis (death) of its area.
- Ischemic heart disease with or without angina pectoris — sumatriptan can provoke a spasm of the coronary vessels (arteries of the heart) and lead to a sharp deterioration in the blood supply to the heart, even to the development of myocardial infarction.
- Arterial hypertension - an increase in systemic arterial pressure, especially if it is long and uncontrolled (it is difficult to treat with antihypertensive drugs).
- Cerebral atherosclerosis is the deposition of cholesterol in the walls of arterial vessels of the brain with the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
- Hemorrhagic (hemorrhage) or ischemic (marked impairment of blood circulation) brain stroke.
- Transient ischemic attack - transient deterioration of blood circulation in the brain.
- Occlusive pathology of peripheral arterial vessels, accompanied by impaired blood flow in them.
- Severe hepatic or renal failure.
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding, children under the age of 18 and people over 65 years of age.
These contraindications must be considered before you start taking Amigrenin tablets.
Dosing and Administration
Amigrenin tablets are taken entirely inside, without chewing and drinking water, regardless of the meal. The dosage depends on the intensity of the headache during a migraine attack. The initial dose of the drug is 0.05 g (1 tablet). In the absence of effect, it is increased to 0.1 g (2 tablets). In order to avoid overdose and the development of side effects, the daily dose should not exceed 0.3 g (6 tablets). If after a certain period of time after taking Amigrenin and relieving the condition, the headache has resumed, the drug can be taken repeatedly at a dose of 0.05 g (1 tablet), provided that at least 2 hours have passed since the first pill was taken.
Sumatriptan or excipients Amigrenin tablets after taking them can lead to the development of a number of side effects from various organs and systems:
- Cardiovascular system - increase or decrease in systemic arterial pressure, violation of heart rate (arrhythmia) with their increase ( tachycardia ) or decrease (bradycardia).
- Disruption of the peripheral blood flow in the arterial vessels - deterioration of blood circulation in the lower extremities ( Raynaud's syndrome ).
- Eyes - diplopia (double vision), nystagmus, partial deterioration of visual acuity.
- The digestive system - nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain (epigastric area), ischemic colitis (inflammatory process in the large intestine against the background of deterioration of its blood supply).
- Liver - an increase in the level of enzymes (ALT, AST), indicating damage to the hepatocytes (liver cells).
- Central nervous system - general weakness, dizziness, epileptic seizures, convulsions, drowsiness, feeling of marked fatigue.
- Allergic reactions - skin rash, itching, urticaria (characteristic rash on the background of a small swelling of the skin, resembling a nettle burn), angioedema of the skin and subcutaneous tissue ( Quincke's edema ), anaphylactic shock (severe allergic reaction with the development of multiple organ failure, progressive reduction of arthritis, progressing arthritis pressure and impaired consciousness, up to its loss).
The development of one of these side effects is a reason to stop taking Amigrenin tablets.
Excess doses of the drug above the level of the average therapeutic dosage, develop symptoms of side effects. When they occur, you must stop taking the pills and seek medical help.
Before you start taking Amigrenin tablets, you must carefully study the instructions for its use and make sure there are no contraindications. It is important to pay attention to such features for its use:
- Amigrenin tablets are not used to prevent a migraine attack, they only help to relieve the intensity of the headache during its development.
- The first techniques (2-3 doses) are preferably carried out only under the supervision of a physician, since there is a risk of developing a spasm of the coronary arteries with a sharp deterioration in the blood supply to the heart.
- The drug must be used with caution in the presence of arterial hypertension, which can be controlled with antihypertensive drugs.
- Amigrenin tablets should not be taken in conjunction with drugs based on ergot alkaloids and MAO inhibitors. Moreover, the drug is not recommended for 2 weeks after the last use of these medicines.
- After taking Amigrenin tablets, you can not engage in activities associated with the need for increased concentration or speed of psychomotor reaction.
In pharmacies, the drug is released only by prescription. In case of any doubts or questions regarding the use of Amigrenin tablets, you should consult with your doctor.
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life tablets Amigrenin - 2 years from the date of manufacture. Keep them in a dark, cool and out of reach of children. Air temperature should not exceed + 25 ° C.
Analogues of Amigrenin tablets are Antimigren, Sumamigren, the active ingredient of which is also sumatriptan.
Prices for Amigrenin
Amigrenin tablets 50 mg - from 150 rubles.
Amigrenin tablets 100 mg - from 252 rubles.