Amigrenin instructions for use
Amigrenin tablets are a remedy that is used to treat migraine. They contain the main active substance sumatriptan, which belongs to the pharmacological group of serotonergic drugs. It has several biological effects, which result in a decrease in the intensity of migraine headache attacks.
Form of issue and composition
Amigrenin is available in the form of tablets. They have a round shape, biconvex surface and white color. Outside, the tablet is coated. The packing of tablets is carried out in a blister (contains 2 tablets) or a glass bottle of dark glass (10 tablets.) One package contains 1 blister or 1 glass bottle. The main active substance of the drug sumatriptan is contained in 1 tablet in the amount of 0.05 g. Auxiliary substances - potato starch, milk sugar, magnesium stearate, sodium carboxymethyl starch, oxylpropylcellulose and methoxypropylcellulose. Different packaging of the drug for 2 and 10 tablets makes it convenient to choose them for different lengths of treatment.
Sumatriptan, which is an active substance of Amigrenin tablets, affects 5-hydroxytryptamine type 1 receptors that are localized in the smooth muscle cells of the arterial vessels of the brain. Due to this effect, sumatriptan leads to an increase in their tone, without exerting a pronounced effect on arteries located in other organs. Also, sumatriptan reduces the functional activity of the trigeminal nerve (V pair of cranial nerves). The overall effect of such effects is to reduce the intensity of attacks of headache with migraine after half an hour after taking the pill.
When taking Amigrenin tablets, the maximum concentration in the blood of sumatriptan is reached after 45 minutes. The active substance freely penetrates the blood-brain barrier, which allows him to exert an effect directly in the brain tissues. It also penetrates the body of the growing fetus during pregnancy and into breast milk. Metabolized sumatriptan in the liver cells, the products of its decay are excreted mainly by the kidneys with urine. Half-life (the time of deducing half of the total concentration in the body) is 2 hours.
Indications for use
Amigrenin tablets are indicated for patients with migraine to reduce the intensity of the headache during an attack. The drug can be used to treat migraine with or without an aura.
Contraindications for use
Tablets Amigrenin are contraindicated for use in such pathological or physiological states of the body:
- Individual intolerance or allergic reaction to sumatriptan or excipients of the drug.
- Myocardial infarction - acute violation of blood circulation in the heart muscle, accompanied by necrosis (death) of its site.
- Ischemic heart disease with or without angina pectoris - sumatriptan can trigger a spasm of the coronary vessels (arteries of the heart) and lead to a sharp deterioration of the blood supply to the heart until the development of myocardial infarction.
- Arterial hypertension is an increase in systemic arterial pressure, especially if it is prolonged and uncontrolled (poorly treatable with antihypertensive drugs).
- Cerebral atherosclerosis - the deposition of cholesterol in the walls of arterial vessels of the brain with the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
- Hemorrhagic (hemorrhage) or ischemic (marked deterioration of blood circulation) stroke of the brain.
- Transient ischemic attack - transient deterioration of blood circulation in the brain.
- Occlusion pathology of peripheral arterial vessels, accompanied by a violation of blood flow in them.
- Pronounced hepatic or renal insufficiency.
- Pregnancy, breast-feeding, children under the age of 18 and people over 65years old.
These contraindications must be taken into account before taking Amigrenin tablets.
Dosing and Administration
Amigrenin tablets are taken whole inside without chewing and drinking with water, regardless of the meal. Dosage depends on the intensity of the headache during a migraine attack. The initial dose of the drug is 0.05 g (1 tablet). In the absence of effect, it is increased to 0.1 g (2 tablets). To avoid overdose and the development of side effects, the daily dose should not exceed 0.3 g (6 tablets). If after a certain interval after taking Amigrenin and relieving the condition, the headache resumed, the drug can be taken repeatedly at a dose of 0.05 g (1 tablet), provided that at least 2 hours have elapsed since the first tablet was taken.
Sumatriptan or excipients of Amigrenin tablets after their administration may lead to the development of a number of side effects from various organs and systems:
- Cardiovascular system - increase or decrease in systemic arterial pressure, violation of heart rate (arrhythmia) with their increase ( tachycardia ) or a decrease (bradycardia).
- Violation of peripheral blood flow in arterial vessels - worsening of blood circulation in the lower extremities ( Raynaud's syndrome ).
- Eyes - diplopia (double vision), nystagmus, partial deterioration of visual acuity.
- The digestive system - nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain (epigastric region), ischemic colitis (inflammatory process in the large intestine against the background of worsening of its blood supply).
- Liver - increase in the level of enzymes (ALT, AST), indicating damage to hepatocytes (liver cells).
- The central nervous system - general weakness, dizziness, epileptic seizures, drowsiness, a feeling of severe fatigue.
- Allergic reactions - a rash on the skin, itching, urticaria (a characteristic rash on the background of a small swelling of the skin, reminiscent of a nettle burn), angioedema, swelling of the skin and subcutaneous tissue ( Quincke's edema ), anaphylactic shock (severe course of allergic reaction with the development of multiple organ failure, Pressure and disturbances of consciousness, up to its loss).
The development of one of these side effects is the basis for stopping Amigrenin tablets.
Exceeding the dose of the drug above the level of the average therapeutic dosage, the symptoms of side effects develop. If they occur, stop taking the pills and seek medical help.
Before you start taking Amigrenin tablets, you should carefully read the instructions for its use and make sure there are no contraindications. It is important to pay attention to such features to its application:
- Amigrenin tablets are not used to prevent a migraine attack, they only help to relieve the intensity of the headache during its development.
- The first tricks (2-3 doses) should be performed only under the supervision of a doctor, since there is a risk of developing spasm of the coronary arteries with a sharp deterioration of the blood supply to the heart.
- The drug should be used with caution in the presence of arterial hypertension, which can be controlled with antihypertensive drugs.
- Tablets Amigrenin can not be taken together with drugs based on ergot alkaloids and MAO inhibitors. Moreover, taking the drug is not recommended also within 2 weeks after the last use of these medicines.
- After taking Amigrenin tablets, you should not engage in activities involving the need for increased concentration of attention or speed of the psychomotor reaction.
In pharmacies, the drug is dispensed only on prescription. If you have any doubts or questions regarding the use of Amigrenin tablets, you should consult your doctor.
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life Amigrenin - 2 years from the date of manufacture. Keep them in a dark, cool and inaccessible place for children. The air temperature should not exceed + 25 ° C.
Analogues of Amigrenin tablets are Antimigren, Sumamigren, whose active ingredient is also sumatriptan.
Prices for Amigrenin
Amigrenin tablets 50 mg - from 150 rubles.
Amigrenin tablets 100 mg - from 252 rubles.