Almagel T tablets instructions for use
- Almagel T tablets instructions for use
- Composition of the preparation and form of release
- Pharmacological properties of the drug
- Indications for use
- Contraindications for use
- Use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation
- Methods of administration and dose
- Adverse Events
- Interaction of the drug with other medicinal substances
- Storage and dispensing conditions
- Analogues of Almagel T in tablets
- Prices Almagel T in tablets
Almagel T tablets is a drug that belongs to the group of antacid substances and is used in gastroenterology for the prevention and treatment of many diseases. Active active substances of the drug neutralize the adverse effects of hydrochloric acid on the mucous membranes of the stomach and duodenum.
Composition of the preparation and form of release
The drug Almagel T is available in the form of tablets with a dosage of 500 mg in blisters and cartons. The tablets are covered with a coating, they are white in color and have a horizontal notch on one side.
The main active ingredients of one tablet are aluminum compounds and a magdrate, as well as auxiliary components - magnesium stearate, microcellulose, sorbitol.
Pharmacological properties of the drug
Almagel T tablets have a pronounced antacid properties, that is, neutralize the aggressive effects of hydrochloric acid and bile on the mucous membranes of the digestive canal. Getting into the gastric tract tablet during dissolution forms a protective film that covers the mucous membranes and prevents hydrochloric acid and enzymes from irritating and destroying them.
Indications for use
Tablets Almagel T are prescribed for the therapeutic and prophylactic purpose of such conditions:
- Reflux disease - this condition is caused by throwing the contents of the stomach into the esophagus as a result of weakening of the upper sphincter of the stomach;
- Increased secretion of hydrochloric acid;
- Inflammatory processes of the gastric mucosa of the chronic course during the acute phase;
- The condition after food poisoning in order to protect the mucous membranes and shake the digestive tract;
- Dyspepsia of different origin;
- Peptic ulcer of the stomach or duodenum caused by the influence of poor quality food or drugs, in particular acetylsalicylic acid on the mucous membranes;
- Symptomatic treatment of heartburn, belching and burning in the epigastric zone, which result from the abuse of vinegar, bitter pepper, spices or spicy condiments;
- Abuse of coffee, resulting in the patient experiencing stomach pain.
Contraindications for use
Tablets Almagel T have a number of contraindications to use:
- Individual intolerance to the components of the drug;
- Reduced acidity of the stomach;
- Atony and putrefactive processes in the stomach and intestines, as a result of inadequate production of bile or other enzymes for the breakdown of food;
- Acute or chronic renal failure;
- Increased aluminum and magnesium in the blood;
- Children up to 12 years;
- Reduced phosphorus content in the body.
Use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation
Tablets of Almagel T are not recommended for future mothers in the first trimester of pregnancy, as in these months, the formation and formation of all organs and systems of the fetus takes place. The use of any medications can roughly break this delicate process and lead to congenital malformations in the child or miscarriage in the early term.
The use of this drug in the second half of pregnancy is possible only for the purpose of specialists, provided that the benefits for women will be much higher than the possible negative consequences for the fetus and the further course of pregnancy.
The use of Almagel T tablets during breastfeeding is possible only under the supervision of a specialist.
The use of the drug in pediatric practice was not observed, as a rule, Almagel in the form of tablets is not prescribed for the treatment of children under 12 years.
Methods of administration and dose
The dosage of the drug and the duration of the course of treatment are determined by the doctor individually for each individual patient.
Tablets are taken orally an hour before meals, not strictly chewing. Drink plenty of fluids.
For medicinal purposes with gastritis and peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum, the drug is taken 1 tablet three times a day. With severe pain in the epigastric region, accompanied by belching and heartburn, this dose can be increased, but take no more than 5 tablets per day!
Children over 12 years of age are prescribed 1 tablet 2-3 per day, depending on the indications and severity of symptoms. The duration of therapy for diseases of the digestive tract with this drug in children and adults is at least 10 days.
If there are uncomfortable and painful symptoms in the stomach and esophagus, which are due to the abuse of acute spices or vinegar, a single pill is sufficient.
In most cases, the drug is well tolerated by patients, but sometimes with hypersensitivity to the components of the drug or a significant increase in dosage, the following side effects may occur:
- Feeling of heaviness in the stomach;
- Nausea and vomiting;
- Dryness of the mucous membranes of the oral cavity and increased thirst.
With uncontrolled and prolonged use of the drug, blood test parameters change, namely, a decrease in the level of calcium and phosphorus.
Interaction of the drug with other medicinal substances
It is important to remember that Almagel T tablets work on the mucous membranes of the stomach, so they can reduce the absorption of other drugs. If you use any medication with Almagel at the same time, you should maintain an interval of 2 hours.
During the treatment with Almagel, alcohol and coffee are not recommended, as they lead to a decrease in the therapeutic effect of the drug.
The simultaneous use of Almagel T tablets with indomethacin, tetracyclines, macrolides, psychotropic medications, iron preparations, their reduced absorption and insufficient therapeutic effect can be observed. If you are taking one of the listed medicines, you should consult an expert before starting to use Almagel.
Storage and dispensing conditions
Almagel T tablets are dispensed in pharmacies without a prescription. The drug should be stored at room temperature out of the reach of children. Shelf life of the medicine is 2 years from the date of manufacture, which is indicated on the package.
Analogues of Almagel T in tablets
Structural analogues of the active substance : Ajfluks, Almol, Alumag, Almagel A, Anacid forte, Gastracid, Maalox, Maalox mini, Rivolux.
Analogues for the pharmacological group (antacids): Aktal, Alfogel, Alugastrin, Anacid forte, Antareit, Bacarbon, Gastal, Gasterin, Gastric, Gastoromazole, Gaviscon, Gaviscon forte, Gelusil, Gelusil lac, Gelyusil, Gestid, Dajin, Magalphil 800, Magnatol, Magnistad, Milk of magnesia, Reltzer, Renni, RioFast, Rockel, Rutatsid, Simalgel VM, Skoraleit, Talcid, Tams, Tannakomp, Tisatsid, Topalkan, Fosfalugel, Andrews antacid.
Prices Almagel T in tablets
At the moment, Almagel in the form of tablets in pharmacies in Moscow is missing.