Allopurinol user's manual
- Allopurinol user's manual
Allopurinol - a drug that has antipodagric effects on the body and helps reduce the concentration of uric acid.
Form of the preparation
The drug Allopurinol is available in the form of coated tablets, with a dosage of 100 and 300 mg.
Pharmacological properties of the preparation
Tablets Allopurinol when ingested contribute to the dissolution of urate stones and reduce the concentration of urea in the body.
When taking a single dose the maximum concentration of the main active ingredient - allopurinol, in the serum is reached after 5 hours. The active substance of the drug quickly decays into the products of metabolism, and some of it is excreted naturally through the kidneys.
Indications for use of the drug
The main indications for the use of Allopurinol tablets are the following:
- Increased concentration of uric acid in the blood serum - this condition is checked by means of blood tests that are given up on an empty stomach;
- Identified stones and sand in the urinary tract and kidneys - the drug is shown only if the stone does not overlap the ureter, and its size does not exceed 2 mm in diameter;
- Gout ;
- Violations of metabolic processes in the body, namely purines and pyrimidines;
- As part of complex therapy for acute and chronic myeloid leukemia;
- In the complex treatment of acute leukemia;
- In the complex treatment of lymphosarcoma;
- Psoriasis ;
- Numerous injuries and pathologies of the motor apparatus, which can lead to numerous violations of metabolic processes in the body;
- Side effects that develop in the patient as a result of prolonged or uncontrolled treatment with glucocorticoids or their analogs of synthetic origin;
- After the passed course of chemotherapy of cancers in order to prevent the formation of urate stones in the organs of urination.
Before using this medication, you should carefully read the instructions. Therapy Allopurinol is categorically contraindicated in the following conditions:
- Individual intolerance to the components of the drug;
- Age to 15 years;
- Hepatic or renal insufficiency in the stage of decompensation;
- The period of breastfeeding or pregnancy.
Dosing and Administration
Tablets Allopurinol should be taken orally, without chewing after eating. For each individual patient, the doctor determines the optimal and effective dose, which directly depends on his diagnosis, body weight, age and the presence of concomitant pathologies. The average daily norm of the drug for an adult is from 100 to 900 mg. The number of appointments per day is determined by the doctor, but, as a rule, the tablets should be taken 2-3 times a day at regular intervals.
In pediatric practice, this drug is not used, except for persons under 15 years of age who are undergoing treatment for oncological neoplasms and they develop severe metabolic disorders, accompanied by an increased content of uric acid in the body.
In most cases, this drug is well tolerated by the patient, provided that they accurately observe the dosage indicated by the doctor. Sometimes the patient may develop side effects during treatment with Allopurinol, which are manifested by the following symptoms:
- – боли в животе, понос, рвота, тошнота, обильное слюноотделение, воспаление печени и ее увеличение в размерах, развитие язвочек в ротовой полости; On the part of the organs of the digestive system - abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, excessive salivation, inflammation of the liver and its increase in size, the development of ulcers in the oral cavity;
- – замедление количества сердечных ударов минуту, повышение артериального давления, ощущение, что пациент сейчас задохнется; From the side of the cardiovascular system - slowing down the number of heart beats a minute, increasing blood pressure, feeling that the patient is now suffocating;
- — нарастающая слабость, сильные головные боли или головокружения, подавленность и депрессия, апатия к происходящему, заторможенность, сонливость, снижение остроты зрения; From the side of the central nervous system - increasing weakness, severe headaches or dizziness, depression and depression, apathy to what is happening, inhibition, drowsiness, decreased visual acuity;
- – развитие воспалительных процессов почечной ткани, отеки, уремия, значительное повышение количества эритроцитов в моче, в результате чего она приобретает красноватый цвет, трудности с наступлением зачатия, гинекомастия у мужчин – увеличение грудных желез, нарушения эрекции; From the side of the urinary and genital system - the development of inflammatory processes of the kidney tissue, swelling, uremia, a significant increase in the number of erythrocytes in the urine, resulting in a reddish color, difficulties with the onset of conception, gynecomastia in men - breast enlargement, erectile dysfunction;
- – уменьшение количества тромбоцитов в анализе крови, развитие апластической анемии, уменьшение количества лейкоцитов; From the hematopoietic system - a decrease in the number of platelets in the blood test, the development of aplastic anemia, a decrease in the number of leukocytes;
- – появление сыпи на коже, зуд кожи, повышение температуры тела, не обусловленное простудными или инфекционными заболеваниями, боли в области суставов, покраснение кожных покровов; Allergic reactions - the appearance of rashes on the skin, itching of the skin, increased body temperature, not caused by cold or infectious diseases, pain in the joints, redness of the skin;
- ; Development of alopecia ;
- . The appearance of boils in different parts of the body .
Tablets Allopurinola with extreme caution should be given to patients who have abnormalities in the functioning of the thyroid gland or other organs of the endocrine system. In addition, tablets of this drug with caution should be taken in patients with severe impairment of kidney and liver.
During the treatment with this drug, the patient must closely monitor the daily volume of fluid used, which is at least 2 liters.
During the course of therapy with allopurinol, care should be taken to manage the transport, since the effect of the active substances on the central nervous system may slightly suppress, or slow down the reaction rate.
Allopurinol and alcoholic drinks are absolutely incompatible, therefore during the period of drug use it is strictly forbidden to drink alcohol.
Storage, dispensing and shelf life of the drug
Tablets should be stored in a dark, cool place, out of the reach of children. Shelf life of the drug is 3 years from the date of manufacture, which is indicated on the package. Allopurinol is dispensed in pharmacies without a prescription.
Analogues of Allopurinol tablets
Analogs for the active ingredient: Allopurinol Aegis; Allpol; Alopron; Purinol; Sanphipurol
Prices of Allopurinol
Allopurinol tablets 100 mg, 50 pcs. - from 408 rubles.