Allergodyl eye drops: user manual
- Allergodyl eye drops: user manual
Form of issue, composition
Allergodyl is available in the form of 0.05% eye drops, which contain 500 μg of azelastine hydrochloride.
Additional substances: water for injection, sorbitol, sodium hydroxide and edetat.
Eye drops Allergodyl is an antiallergic drug used in ophthalmology, a derivative of phthalazinone.
The active component of azelastine hydrochloride is a blocker of histamine H1 receptors, inhibits the synthesis and release of mediators of the early and late phase of allergic reactions, which provides a pronounced, prolonged antiallergic effect, eliminates tear and itching.
The drug does not have a negative effect on the cardiovascular system, in the blood plasma azelastine is not found to be practical, even with prolonged use.
The effect after topical application comes in 15-20 minutes. Reduces the swelling and redness of the eyes, the itching becomes less pronounced, the therapeutic effect can last from 10 to 12 hours.
Indications for use
Medication Allergoodil is prescribed for seasonal exacerbations of conjunctivitis, which is expressed by the following symptoms:
- Burning or itching in the eyes;
- Sensation of the presence of a foreign object;
- Redness and swelling;
- Tearing or vice versa, dryness of the eyeball.
Allergodyl can be used as a complex therapy for infectious eye injuries on the recommendation of a treating specialist.
The drug is used in children's practice (from 4 years) with an exacerbation of allergies. Allergodyl can be used as a prophylactic for children from 12 years and adults (for example, 10-14 days before the beginning of flowering plants that cause allergic reactions).
Mode of application
The drug is intended only for instillation into the eye. With the seasonal form of the disease, Allergodyl should drip 1 drop in each eye 2 times a day (morning and evening). In cases where the symptomatology of conjunctivitis is pronounced, then the drug intake can be increased to 3-4 times a day.
Allergodyl can also be taken as a preventive agent, before contact with an allergen is planned.
If a patient suffers from conjunctivitis, regardless of the season, then the following: 1 drop in each eye, no more than 2 times a day. An increase in the dose of the drug is possible, but after consulting with an ophthalmologist.
The maximum daily dose of the drug should not exceed 4 times. Allergodyl is not recommended for more than 2 months.
It is not allowed to bury your eyes while wearing lenses, but as a rule, the use of lenses is forbidden for this disease.
Drops should be instilled in the middle of the lower eyelid, slightly stretching it, not touching the dispenser of the eyeball. Before this procedure, you should always wash your hands thoroughly or disinfect.
Allergodyl in some cases can cause the following side effects:
- Eye irritation, dryness, redness;
- In more rare cases, bitterness in the mouth may occur;
- Sometimes, temporary deterioration of vision or fogging, therefore in the first days of treatment it is not recommended to drive a car and work with complex mechanisms;
- With prolonged treatment or if the patient is allergic to certain substances in the drops, the development of intolerance is possible (therefore, the drug should be replaced on the recommendation of a doctor or canceled).
In some cases, such effects can occur immediately after instillation, usually after a few minutes, burning or itching pass.
This medication can not be administered under the following conditions and pathologies:
- With possible intolerance of one of the substances in the preparation;
- In the period of infectious diseases of the eye of different etiology. It is necessary to eliminate the infectious process and prescribe a comprehensive treatment with Allergoodil;
- The drug is not used to treat children younger than 4 years old, as well as to prevent children under 12 years old.
Pregnancy and lactation
Drops Allergoodil can not be administered during pregnancy. Studies on the teratogenic effects on the fetus or placenta have not been conducted.
Also, it is not recommended to use this medication during breastfeeding, the active ingredients of the drug have the ability to penetrate into breast milk.
Allergodyl and other medicines
There were no negative reactions during the interaction of Allergoodil and other medications. However, when using this product and other eye drops, a doctor's consultation is necessary.
If the doctor has appointed Allergoodil in a complex with other eye drops, you should wait for the interval between taking medication 25-30 minutes.
Against the background of an overdose of the drug, there may be a burning sensation or presence in the eyes of a foreign object, for example, a feeling of sand. With this effect, it is necessary to thoroughly wash the eyes with running water, then you can apply compresses from the decoction of chamomile or calendula. If the symptoms of an overdose do not disappear within 24 hours, you should consult a doctor.
Intoxication of the body at the time of an overdose is not noted.
Drops must be stored at a temperature not exceeding +20 degrees. Shelf life 3 years from the date of issue. After first use, the product can be stored for no more than 30 days. After this period, treatment with the drug is impossible because of the lack of therapeutic effect of the main substance.
Using the drug Allergoodil, you must follow the following tips:
- This drug has the ability to accumulate in the body, this involves a gradual dose reduction, therefore, Allergoodil is recommended to dig in the conjunctiva 2 times a day;
- Before you start using these drops, you need to remove eye makeup and remove contact lenses;
- In the case where the drug is administered in combination with other drugs, an interval between doses of at least 30 minutes is required;
- Use of the drug should not exceed 5-6 months;
- The bottle after opening can be used only for 4 weeks, after the expiration of this period, the therapeutic effect of the medicine is lost;
- Preventive treatment Allergoline should begin 14 days before the alleged contact with the allergen.
Analogues of Allergodyl
To the structural analogues of the active substance can be attributed:
- Azelastine hydrochloride
- Allergodil S.
Prices for Allergodyl Eye Drops
Allergodyl drops eye 0.05%, a bottle of polyethylene 6 ml - from 408 rubles.