Actiferrin instructions for use
Aktiferrin in capsules is a medicament that influences blood formation (hematopoiesis) and replenishes iron deficiency. It is prescribed for anemia. Packed in 20 and 50 capsules.
The active ingredients of the drug are ferrous sulfate (II) and D, L-serine. The first component is a part of enzymes and hemoglobin and is involved in oxidation-reduction reactions in the human body. The second - promotes better absorption and iron tolerance, which allows you to adjust the dosage.
Available in brown gelatin capsules. As auxiliary substances, yellow wax, lecithin, soybean oil (hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated) and rapeseed oil are used.
Pharmacological properties and indications for use
Aktiferrin in capsules has the following pharmacological properties:
- Normalizes the hematological parameters and the concentration of iron in the blood plasma;
- Stimulates erythropoiesis;
- Reduces the manifestations of laboratory and clinical symptoms of anemia - weakness, dry skin, tachycardia , increased fatigue and dizziness.
It is indicated as a curative and preventive agent for iron deficiency anemia in adults and children, and patients at risk. Among them - pregnant and lactating, patients after surgical interventions. In addition, bleeding and malnutrition are factors contributing to the development of anemia.
When using Actiferrin in capsules, it is important to systematically monitor hemoglobin.
Actiferrin in capsules is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Individual intolerance of components;
- Types of anemia not associated with iron deficiency (eg, anemia due to lead poisoning, megaloblastic, etc.);
- Hemosiderosis and hemochromatosis.
Actiferrin in capsules can be used by children from 6 years of age and adults. Directions for use - inside with food or before eating, drink with a sufficient amount of water.
With a good tolerance of the drug, adults and adolescents (from age 15) take 2-3 capsules per day for 1 capsule. With a bad number of Aktiferrin receptions are reduced, and the duration of the course is increased (until the hemoglobin level is normalized). After stabilization of hematological parameters, the drug is taken for 2-3 months.
Children are recommended to take the drug every day for 1 capsule.
The use of the drug by pregnant and lactating women is justified and safe if iron deficiency is clinically and laboratory established.
Actiferrin in capsules is well tolerated and absorbed. In rare cases, side effects from the digestive organs (flatulence, diarrhea or constipation, a feeling of heaviness and nausea) and allergic reactions in the form of skin rashes may occur.
Also, black staining of the stool is observed, which is not a side effect.
Interaction with other medicinal products and food products
The drug is fully fully absorbed, and the degree of absorption depends on the severity of iron deficiency (the greater the deficit, the better the adsorption).
The degree of absorption of Actyferrin is influenced by the following factors:
- If the drug is washed down not with water, but with coffee, milk or black tea;
- Products that impair iron absorption are eggs and milk, raw cereals and bread.
- Simultaneous use with certain drugs: antacids, calcium, magnesium and aluminum preparations, colestyramine, antibiotics penicillin and tetracycline series.
Strengthening erythropoiesis is observed when combined with glucocorticosteroids.
In case of an overdose, the following symptoms are observed:
- Pale, cyanotic skin, general weakness, sticky cold sweat;
- Low blood pressure, weak pulse;
- Diarrhea and vomiting, abdominal pain;
- Symptoms of hyperventilation (difficulty, rapid breathing, anxiety, cramps , loss of consciousness, poor eyesight, dry mouth, etc.).
As an antidote, Deferoxamine is administered - dissolved in drinking water, it binds iron that has not yet been adsorbed from the gastrointestinal tract, but is injected intramuscularly and intravenously by a drip-adsorbed. In addition, symptomatic therapy is performed, the stomach is washed, raw eggs and milk are given.
Storage temperature up to 25 ° C.
Analogues of Actyferrin
There are no structural analogues at present.
Analogues with a similar effect: Ferroplex, Totema, Sorbifer, Ferrum-lek, Ferlatum, Venofer, Maltofer, Heferol, Memorin, Fenulles, etc.
Price for Actyferrin in Capsules
Actiferrin capsules, 20 pcs. - from 300 rubles.