Actiferrin Syrup: instructions for use
The drug Aktiferrin is used to replenish the amount of iron in the body.
Composition and form of release
This drug is available in the form of drops, capsules and syrup. In capsules, active substances are serine and iron sulfate monohydrate. Among the additional components: rapeseed oil, lecithin, beeswax and soybean oil.
In the syrup, the active substance is the same serine and iron sulfate heptahydrate, additional: flavors, plum, raspberry, ascorbic acid, purified water, ethanol and invert sugar syrup. In the drops the composition is the same as in the syrup, but to the auxiliary substances, potassium sorbate is added.
Iron is very important for the proper functioning of the body, it is a part of enzymes, hemoglobin, myoglobin, stimulates erythropoiesis, takes part in some redox reactions.
Serine promotes the intake and more efficient absorption of iron into the bloodstream, which allows you to quickly normalize its level in the body. This drug contributes to a gradual decrease in laboratory and clinical signs of anemia, and also replenishes the lack of iron.
When taken orally, iron is quickly and fully absorbed from the digestive tract into the systemic circulation. The higher the iron deficiency in the body, the better its absorption. The maximum level in the blood is observed in 2-4 hours after taking the drug. It is excreted with sweat, feces and urine.
Indications for use and dosage
The drug is used for latent iron deficiency, which is caused by excessive loss of iron or increased need for it (pregnancy time, lactation, malnutrition, certain therapy, peptic ulcer of the duodenum or stomach, chronic gastritis , prophylaxis after gastrectomy), iron deficiency anemia .
Actiferrin is used orally, during meals or before. Determination of the maximum daily dose is based on the age and body weight of the patient, as well as the level of hemoglobin.
Use of the actiferrin syrup is recommended from the age of 2. The medication should be accompanied by a large amount of water.
For children aged 2-6 years, the average dose is ½ teaspoon, 2-3 times a day; at the age of 6 to 12 years - 1 teaspoon 2-3 r / day; 12 and more years - 1 teaspoon 3 times a day.
The treatment period is appointed by a specialist, but often lasts 1 month. After the normalization of hemoglobin and serum iron is carried out preventive treatment for 8 to 12 weeks.
This drug has some side effects:
- Allergic manifestations - hives , itching, anaphylactic shock;
- Pain in the teeth;
- Flatulence, a bitter taste in the mouth;
- Diarrhea, constipation;
- Decreased appetite;
- Vomiting, nausea;
- Painful sensations in the abdomen.
Special instructions for use
This medication is prescribed with caution to patients with diverticulitis, allergic diseases, Crohn's disease, renal and hepatic insufficiency, enteritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ulcerative colitis, bronchial asthma, and chronic alcoholism.
In the form of a syrup, a preparation for diabetics is carefully used, since the composition contains a lot of glucose.
To avoid reducing the absorption of drugs, it is not consumed with milk, coffee or tea. The intake of raw cereals, eggs, solid foods, bread and dairy products also reduces the absorption of Actyferrin. The break between the intake of such food and medicine should be at least 2-3 hours.
To ensure that the teeth do not show plaque, you should take the syrup in a diluted form, after which it is desirable to brush your teeth.
Taking a medication causes staining of the feces in black, which is a normal indicator.
Concomitantly appointed permanent monitoring of hemoglobin and serum iron.
When taking a large amount of a drug, it is possible to manifest such symptoms:
- Pale skin;
- Reduction of blood pressure;
- Fatigue and weakness;
- Convulsions ;
- Diarrhea with blood;
- Confusion of consciousness;
- Symptomatic of hyperventilation;
The manifestation of acute renal and hepatic necrosis occurs in 2-4 days; vascular collapse - 30 minutes after admission; coma, metabolic acidosis, coma, leukocytosis for 12 to 24 hours.
In case of an overdose, the following treatment is performed:
- Rinsing of the stomach, taking a raw egg or milk;
- Parenterally or orally, deferoxamine is administered;
- In acute poisoning apply 5-10 grams of deferoxamine dissolved in large quantities of drinking water;
- For already absorbed iron, special therapy is performed, appointed by the doctor according to individual indices;
- In a state of shock, 1 g of the drug is administered for symptomatic therapy;
- In some cases, the appointment of peritoneal dialysis.
Interaction with other drugs
Absorption of Actyferrin decreases when taken together with such drugs:
- Preparations containing caffeine;
- Medications that reduce the acidity of gastric juice (which include carbonates, oxalates, bicarbonates, cimetidine);
- Tetracyclines, fluoroquinolones, penicillamine - recommended for use 2 hours before or after administration;
- Ascorbic acid increases the absorption of iron in the body;
- Ethanol increases the risk of developing toxic complications and increases iron absorption;
- Large dosages of Actyferrin reduce renal absorption of zinc preparations.
Storage of medicinal product
Actyferrin in the form of a syrup should be stored at temperatures up to 25 degrees. 2 years shelf life of the drug. After opening the medicament, its storage should not exceed a period of more than 1 month. Such a drug is prescribed by a doctor and is dispensed only by prescription.
Analogues of Actyferrin
There are no structural analogues at present.
Analogues with a similar effect: Ferroplex, Totema, Sorbifer, Ferrum-lek, Ferlatum, Venofer, Maltofer, Heferol, Memorin, Fenulles, etc.
Price for Actyferrin Syrup
Aktiferrin syrup, a bottle of 100 ml - from 219 rubles.