Actiferrin drops instructions for use
- Actiferrin drops instructions for use
- Structure of the preparation
- Pharmacological properties of the drug
- Pharmacokinetic properties
- The main indications for the use of the drug
- Methods of application and dosage
- Adverse Events
- Interaction with other medicinal products
- Overdose of the drug
- Treatment of overdose with iron
- Application of the drug during pregnancy and during breastfeeding
- Form of release and storage conditions
- Precautionary measures
- Analogues of Actyferrin
- Price for Actyferrin
Aktiferrin droplets belongs to the group of drugs that increase the level of iron in the human body.
Structure of the preparation
Aktiferrin is available in several forms. Drops for ingestion are a clear liquid with a brownish or yellowish-greenish tinge, which has a raspberry odor.
In 1 ml drops contains 47 mg of iron heptapgrite sulfate, as well as auxiliary substances - ascorbic acid, ethanol 96%, raspberry flavor, purified water, potassium sorbate.
Pharmacological properties of the drug
Aktiferrin drops for oral administration are intended to fill the iron deficiency in the body. Iron is a very important microelement and is part of hemoglobin, a protein that transports oxygen to all organs and tissues and stimulates the formation of erythrocytes. The composition of Aktiferrin contains alpha-amino acid serine, which improves the absorption of iron by the body and helps to quickly restore its optimal level in the blood. As iron deficiency is replenished, the patient's symptoms of anemia, such as weakness, pale skin, dizziness and palpitations, gradually disappear.
After taking the drops, the iron contained in the preparation is as much as possible absorbed by the walls of the small intestine and enters the systemic circulation. The maximum concentration of the drug in the blood is reached approximately in 3-4 hours after administration. The undigested iron is excreted together with urine and feces, which can result in the stool being blackened.
The main indications for the use of the drug
The drug Actyferrin is prescribed to patients in such cases:
- Pronounced iron deficiency anemia of various origin - most often develops in pregnant women, with significant blood loss, with inadequate or monotonous nutrition, with frequent viral infections and weak immunity;
- With the purpose of preventing anemia with constant blood donation;
- Chronic gastritis with secretory deficiency, as a result of which microelements and vitamins necessary for the body can not be fully absorbed from the food;
- Postponed operations, as a result of which the patient can not yet eat balanced and fully;
- Tumors of the esophagus, intestines, pancreas, which leads to a violation of iron absorption;
- The period of breastfeeding for women.
Methods of application and dosage
Actyferrin in the form of drops can be prescribed even to newborn babies who were born before the term, with congenital pathologies of the digestive system, or who receive an adapted milk formula from the first days of life. Dosage is calculated by 5 drops per 1 kg of the child's body weight.
For therapeutic purposes, Actyferrin is administered in the following dosages:
- Newborn children - 10-15 drops three times a day;
- Children of younger preschool age (from 1 to 3 years) - 25-30 drops three times a day;
- Children of school age (from 7 to 12 years) - 50 drops three times a day.
The duration of the use of Aktiferrin is determined only by the doctor, based on blood test parameters and the general condition of the patient, however, in order to replenish the iron stores, drops should be taken for at least 2-3 months. During this period, the body usually replenishes the iron deficiency and creates certain of its reserves. After normalization of blood test results, the patient passes to a maintenance dose of the drug.
In order for the body to absorb iron as much as possible, you need to know some of the features of taking the drug. Actiferrin take 1 hour before meals or 2-3 hours after eating, squeezed drops with acidified water, orange juice or plain clean water.
With uncontrolled use of Actyferrin or self-exceeding of the dose indicated by the doctor, the following side effects may develop:
- Appearance of metallic taste in the mouth;
- Violations of the stool, in particular the development of persistent constipation;
- Pain in the epigastric region;
- Nausea and sometimes vomiting;
- Pain in the right hypochondrium;
- Headaches and dizziness;
- Allergic skin reactions: rash, itching, urticaria , in rare cases, the development of Quincke edema or anaphylactic shock;
- Discomfort in the sternum.
As a rule, the drug is transferred very well and, if the dosage is properly met, there are no such phenomena. If side effects occur, stop taking the medication and consult a doctor. In most cases, to normalize the state, it is sufficient to reduce the dose.
Interaction with other medicinal products
When using Actiferrin it is important to remember that some medicinal substances can significantly reduce the absorption of iron by the small intestine. These include preparations containing calcium, antacids, enzymes (pancreatin, mezim, festal and others), penicillins, tetracyclines, preparations containing oxalates, phosphates, carbonates.
In addition, some foods and beverages can also significantly reduce iron absorption, namely: milk, eggs, bananas, cottage cheese, cream, cheese, coffee and caffeine containing drinks. The interval between the intake of iron preparations and these products should be 1-2 hours.
Absorption of iron preparations is enhanced by the simultaneous use of Actyferrin with ascorbic acid or ethanol, but this also increases the risk of side effects.
Overdose of the drug
If you misuse Aktiferrin and self-exceeding the dosage indicated by your doctor, it is possible to develop the following symptoms:
- Increasing weakness;
- Pale skin;
- Appearance of cold sticky sweat;
- Enlargement of the liver and spleen;
- Slight, threadlike pulse;
- Decrease in blood pressure;
- Cyanosis of the tips of the ears, nose, fingers and toes;
- Increased body temperature;
- The state of inhibition, as a result of which the patient can fall into a coma.
In the absence of timely medical care within 1-3 days, the patient develops acute renal and hepatic necrosis and death.
Treatment of overdose with iron
The main antidote of Actyferrin is Deferoxamine. When symptoms of an overdose of iron products are presented to the patient, it is necessary to stop taking them, inside to give milk or raw eggs, rinse the stomach, make a cleansing enema with soda. In severe poisoning with Actyferrin, the patient is administered parenterally Deferoxamine, previously dissolving 10-20 ampoules of the drug in clean drinking water.
To accelerate the excretion of iron from the body, you can use hemodialysis, but as an independent method for treating an overdose of Actyferrin it is not suitable.
Application of the drug during pregnancy and during breastfeeding
During the period of gestation, women regularly take blood tests. At the first symptoms of anemia and the reduction of iron in the blood test, it is advisable to use Aktiferrin. The dose of the drug and the duration of therapy are set by the doctor, depending on the severity of iron deficiency and the general condition of the woman.
In the period of breastfeeding, the child, along with milk, sucks out all the beneficial microelements and vitamins from the mother's organism, therefore, in order to prevent anemia in the mother and baby, it is advisable to use Aktiferrin. In the absence of iron deficiency in order to prevent anemia, only a maintenance dose is sufficient, which is determined individually for each woman.
Form of release and storage conditions
Aktiferrin is available in the form of drops for oral administration in a bottle of dark glass with a volume of 30 ml.
The drug should be kept in a dark cool place, not accessible to children. After opening the vial Aktiferrin is suitable for 1 month.
Precautions should be taken with caution in patients with inflammatory diseases of the small intestine, with peptic ulcer disease, hepatitis, renal insufficiency, or joint diseases.
Aktiferrin drops should be taken by diluting the preparation with a small amount of water or other suitable liquid, otherwise it is possible to color the tooth enamel in a dark color.
Analogues of Actyferrin
There are no structural analogues at present.
Analogues with a similar effect: Ferroplex, Totema, Sorbifer, Ferrum-lek, Ferlatum, Venofer, Maltofer, Heferol, Memorin, Fenulles, etc.
Price for Actyferrin
Aktiferrin drops for ingestion, a bottle of 30 ml - from 300 rubles.