Aeralt tablet user manual
Tablets Aertal relate to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. They are used as an anesthetic drug for various inflammatory, degenerative-dystrophic diseases of organs and structures of the musculoskeletal system.
Form of issue and composition
Tablets Aertal are available in a dosage form - coated tablets. Their shape is round, the color is white. The main active ingredient is aceclofenac, which is contained in the amount of 100 mg in 1 tablet. It also includes a number of auxiliary connections, which include:
- Glycerol distearate.
- Croscarmellose sodium.
- Microcrystalline cellulose.
- The shell is sepilafilm 752, white (hypromelose, microcrystalline cellulose, titanium dioxide (E 171), macrogol stearate).
Packaging of tablets is made in blisters of 10 pieces. One cardboard package can contain 1,2,4, 6 and 9 blisters, with the corresponding total number of tablets.
The active substance of the drug aceclofenac is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory and antirheumatic drug. The mechanism of action of this active substance is to reduce the synthesis of prostaglandins, which are the main mediators of inflammation. They are synthesized by cells of the immune system with damage to the structures of the musculoskeletal system and have such biological effects, which are the basis of the inflammatory reaction:
- Hyperemia - increased blood flow to the area of the inflammatory process due to the effect of prostaglandins on venules with their narrowing.
- Edema of the tissues - prostaglandins increase the permeability of the walls of the vessels of the microcirculatory bed, which leads to the exit of the liquid part of the blood (plasma) into the intercellular substance of the inflammatory reaction area.
- Pain - appears due to direct irritation of sensitive nerve endings with prostaglandins and their mechanical compression during swelling of tissues.
Synthesis of prostaglandins in the region comes from the precursor - arachidonic acid. Aceclofenac blocks the enzyme cycloxygenase (COX), which catalyzes the conversion of arachidonic acid to active prostaglandins. Due to this, Avertal tablets help to reduce the concentration of prostaglandins and the severity of the inflammatory reaction and pain sensations.
After taking the pill Aerelt in, aceclofenac is absorbed into the blood from the intestine, its therapeutic concentration is reached after 30 minutes, the maximum concentration - after 1.5-3 hours. The active substance of the drug is distributed throughout the body. In a larger amount, it accumulates in the synovial fluid of the joint, the cartilaginous and connective tissue. To a lesser extent, aceclofenac penetrates the structures of the central nervous system through the blood-brain barrier. It can also penetrate the placenta into the developing fetus during pregnancy and into breast milk during lactation. From the body the active substance of the drug is excreted mainly with urine by the kidneys, after its partial processing in the liver. The half-life (the time of deducing 50% of the entire dose) is 4 hours.
Indications for use
The use of Avertal tablets is indicated in a number of diseases of the structures of the musculoskeletal system accompanied by the development of inflammatory reaction and pain, these include:
- Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune pathology in which antibodies are produced against tissues and joint structures. In this case, their damage and inflammatory reaction in the joint.
- Arthritis - inflammation of joint tissues caused by infection (more often bacteria) or local supercooling.
- Osteoarthrosis is an inflammatory reaction that has developed in the joint due to degenerative-dystrophic processes in its cartilages with their destruction.
- Osteochondrosis - pathology of the spine as a result of the defeat of cartilaginous intervertebral discs. May be accompanied by the development of protrusion (protrusion without breaking the membrane) or disc herniation (the formation of a hernial sac with damage to the peripheral fibrous membrane of the disc).
- Periarthritis is an inflammatory process in the periarticular tissues and ligaments.
- As an anesthetic, Avertal tablets can be used for toothache, dysmenorrhea (painful menstruation), muscle or lumbar pain after excessive physical exertion.
In general, Avertal tablets are used in the complex therapy of inflammatory diseases of the musculoskeletal system as a symptomatic means for reducing the severity of inflammation and the intensity of pain.
Contraindications for use
Receiving pills Aertal is contraindicated in a number of pathological and physiological conditions of the body, which include:
- The presence of a stomach or duodenal ulcer with a high risk of bleeding from it - in this case aceclofenac can cause deterioration of the state, the development of bleeding by blocking the synthesis of prostaglandins in the stomach, necessary to protect its mucosa from the damaging effect of hydrochloric acid of gastric juice.
- The presence of gastrointestinal bleeding in the past, especially provoked by the intake of any non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Violation of blood clotting - the active substance of the drug reduces coagulability of the blood and in this case can lead to the development of internal or external bleeding.
- Hepatic or renal failure, which disrupts the process of removing the active substance from the body.
- Decompensated heart failure with marked worsening of the pumping function of the heart.
- Individual intolerance to aceclofenac or excipients.
- Allergic reaction to the components of the drug, which can be accompanied by the development of asthmatic conditions (narrowing of the bronchi with the development of dyspnea), allergic rhinitis (inflammatory reaction of the nasal mucosa to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), rashes on the skin with or without edema.
- Pregnancy in the early stages (there is a risk of developing heart defects in the fetus), breastfeeding (there is no reliable data on the harm of the drug, as in the milk the active ingredient is in low concentration, nevertheless, it is recommended to refrain from taking the drug).
- Admission to children under the age of 18 years is contraindicated.
Determination of the presence of contraindications to the use of the drug is always carried out before its application.
Dosage and route of administration
Tablets Aertal are taken whole, not liquid. After taking them, drink plenty of water. It is advisable to take the food after a meal, because on an empty stomach their negative effect on the mucous membrane of the stomach or duodenum can be strengthened. The maximum daily dose of the drug is 200 mg (2 tablets in 2 divided doses at regular intervals). There is no need to reduce the dose for elderly patients, but you need to carefully monitor the functional state of the liver and kidneys. With caution, the drug is used for people with a pathological process in the liver or kidneys. The recommended course of treatment is not more than 5 days. In general, the smaller the course of treatment, the less the risk of side effects or complications from the use of the drug.
In connection with the partial suppression of the synthesis of prostaglandins, which are necessary for the normal course of a number of physiological processes in the body, the use of Avertal tablets may lead to the development of such side effects from various organs and systems:
- Digestive system - nausea, vomiting, pain from epigastrium (upper half of abdomen) or above the entire abdomen of spastic nature (sometimes the pain can develop as colic), bloating (flatulence), unstable stool (constipation can be replaced by diarrhea and vice versa). In rare cases or with improper application (on an empty stomach and for a long time), gastrointestinal bleeding may develop, perforation of the ulcer (the formation of a through hole in the wall of the stomach or duodenum in the area of the ulcer), pancreatitis (acute inflammation of the pancreas).
- Nervous system - insomnia, headache, periodic dizziness. Less often, disorientation in space and time, marked excitement, visual impairment, hearing, perception of taste sensations, noise in the ears, tremor (trembling) of the hands, convulsions of varying severity are more likely.
- Kidneys are hematuria (the appearance of blood in the urine), less often the development of interstitial nephritis (inflammation) and renal failure.
- Liver - increased activity of hepatic enzymes transaminases (ALT, AST), which indicates the destruction of hepatocytes (liver cells).
- Red bone marrow and hematopoiesis system - leukopenia (a decrease in the number of leukocytes in the blood), hemolytic or aplastic anemia (decrease in the number of erythrocytes and hemoglobin level in the blood), thrombocytopenia (decrease in the number of platelets in the blood with the development of increased bleeding from small vessels).
- Cardiovascular system - tachycardia (increased heart rate), increased systemic blood pressure (arterial hypertension), the development of heart failure.
- Allergic reactions - depending on the severity of such a reaction, a skin rash, itching, urticaria (characteristic rash and swelling in the form of nettle), angioedema of Quincke (pronounced edema of the skin and subcutaneous tissue with predominant localization in the face and external genital organs ). Severe allergic reactions are accompanied by bronchospasm and asthmatic condition (constriction of bronchi with dyspnea), development of anaphylactic shock (multiple organ failure on the background of lowering blood pressure with impaired consciousness).
In case of appearance of one or several manifestations of side effects, taking the drug should be stopped immediately and seek medical help.
Before you start taking Avert tablets, you should carefully read the instructions. It is important to pay attention to a number of special instructions regarding their use:
- With prolonged use of the drug, periodic laboratory monitoring of the functional state of the liver, kidneys and peripheral blood should be performed.
- With special care the drug is used for people with kidney, liver, stomach and duodenal pathology.
- The combined use of Avtal tablets with other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and hormonal drugs of the corticosteroid group may increase the risk of side effects.
- Joint use of the drug and potassium-sparing diuretics can lead to an increase in the level of potassium ions in the blood (hyperkalemia).
- To reduce the risk of developing reactions from the gastrointestinal tract in the form of erosions, ulcers and bleeding from them, the drug should be used in a minimal concentration and a small course.
- During the treatment of Avertal tablets, it is desirable to abandon the activity associated with the need for increased concentration of attention and a high rate of psychomotor reactions.
In pharmacies, the drug is dispensed by prescription. In case of any doubts or questions regarding his admission, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
If the therapeutic dose of the drug Aertal is exceeded, the symptoms that are characteristic of its side effects develop. In this case, the taking of tablets is stopped, in the conditions of a hospital, gastric, intestinal and symptomatic washing is performed. There is no specific antidote.
Analogues of tablets Airtal on the mechanism of action of the main active substance are - Acefen, Tronak, Zerodol, Asefil.
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life of Airtal tablets from the date of manufacture is 4 years. Keep in a dark place inaccessible to children at an ambient temperature of + 25 ° C.
Aertal tablets, film-coated 100 mg, 20 pcs. - from 310 rubles.