Aeralt tablets instructions for use
Aertal tablets are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. They are used as an anesthetic for various inflammatory, degenerative and dystrophic diseases of organs and structures of the musculoskeletal system.
Release form and composition
Aertal tablets are available in dosage form - coated tablets. Their shape is round, white color. The main active ingredient is aceclofenac, which is contained in an amount of 100 mg in 1 tablet. It also includes a number of auxiliary compounds, which include:
- Glycerol distearate.
- Croscarmelose sodium.
- Microcrystalline cellulose.
- The shell is sepyfilm 752, white (hypromellose, microcrystalline cellulose, titanium dioxide (E 171), macrogol stearate).
Packaging tablets produced in blisters of 10 pieces. One carton may contain 1,2,4, 6 and 9 blisters, with a corresponding total number of tablets.
The active ingredient of the drug aceclofenac is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory and antirheumatic agent. The mechanism of action of this active ingredient is to reduce the synthesis of prostaglandins, which are the main mediators of inflammation. They are synthesized by cells of the immune system in case of damage to the structures of the musculoskeletal system and have the following biological effects, which are the basis of the inflammatory response:
- Hyperemia - increased blood flow to the area of the inflammatory process due to the effect of prostaglandins on the venules with their narrowing.
- Edema of the tissues - prostaglandins increase the permeability of the walls of blood vessels of the microvasculature, which leads to the release of the liquid part of the blood (plasma) in the intercellular substance of the inflammatory response region.
- Pain - appears due to direct irritation of the sensitive nerve endings with prostaglandins and their mechanical compression during swelling of the tissues.
Synthesis of prostaglandins in the region comes from the precursor arachidonic acid. Aceclofenac blocks the enzyme cycloxygenase (COX), which catalyzes the conversion of arachidonic acid to active prostaglandins. Due to this, Aertal tablets help to reduce the concentration of prostaglandins and the severity of the inflammatory reaction and pain.
After taking the pill Aertal inside, aceclofenac is absorbed into the blood from the intestine, its therapeutic concentration is reached after 30 minutes, the maximum concentration - in 1.5-3 hours. The active ingredient of the drug is distributed throughout the body. In larger quantities, it accumulates in the synovial fluid of the joint, cartilage and connective tissue. To a lesser extent, aceclofenac penetrates into the structures of the central nervous system through the blood-brain barrier. It can also cross the placenta into the body of a developing fetus during pregnancy and into breast milk during lactation. From the body of the active ingredient of the drug is excreted mainly in the urine by the kidneys, after its partial processing in the liver. The half-life (elimination time 50% of the entire dose) is 4 hours.
Indications for use
The use of Aertal tablets is indicated for a number of diseases of the structures of the musculoskeletal system, accompanied by the development of an inflammatory reaction and pain, these include:
- Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune pathology that produces antibodies against the tissues and structures of the joints. When this happens, they are damaged and an inflammatory reaction in the joint.
- Arthritis is an inflammation of the tissues of the joint caused by an infection (usually bacteria) or local hypothermia.
- Osteoarthritis is an inflammatory reaction that has developed in the joint as a result of degenerative-dystrophic processes in its cartilage and their destruction.
- Osteochondrosis is a pathology of the spine as a result of damage to the cartilaginous intervertebral discs. May be accompanied by the development of protrusion (protrusion without destruction of the shell) or disc herniation (the formation of a hernial bag with damage to the peripheral fibrous membrane of the disc).
- Periarthritis is an inflammatory process in the periarticular tissues and ligaments.
- As an anesthetic, Aertal tablets can be used for toothache, dysmenorrhea (painful menstruation), muscle or lumbar pain after excessive exercise.
In general, Aertal tablets are used in the treatment of inflammatory diseases of the musculoskeletal system as a symptomatic remedy for reducing the severity of inflammation and the intensity of pain.
Aertal tablets are contraindicated in a number of pathological and physiological conditions of the body, which include:
- The presence of gastric or duodenal ulcers with a high risk of bleeding from it - in this case, aceclofenac can cause deterioration of the condition, the development of bleeding by blocking the synthesis of prostaglandins in the stomach, necessary to protect its mucosa from the damaging effects of hydrochloric acid of gastric juice.
- The presence of gastrointestinal bleeding in the past, especially those triggered by the use of any non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Blood coagulation disorder - the active ingredient of the drug reduces blood clotting and in this case can lead to the development of internal or external bleeding.
- Hepatic or renal failure, in which the process of removing the active substance from the body is disturbed.
- Decompensated heart failure with a marked deterioration in the pumping function of the heart.
- Individual intolerance to aceclofenac or excipients.
- Allergic reaction to the components of the drug, which may be accompanied by the development of an asthmatic condition (narrowing of the bronchi with the development of shortness of breath), allergic rhinitis (inflammatory reaction of the nasal mucosa to nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), rashes on the skin with or without its swelling.
- Pregnancy in the early stages (there is a risk of heart defects in the fetus), breastfeeding (there is no reliable data on the dangers of the drug, since the active substance in milk is in insignificant concentration, however, it is recommended to refrain from taking the drug).
- Taking the drug to children under the age of 18 years is contraindicated.
Determining the presence of contraindications to the use of the drug must be carried out even before its use.
Dosage and method of use
Aertal tablets are taken whole without chewing. After taking them wash down with plenty of water. It is advisable to take after meals, because on an empty stomach, their negative effect on the gastric or duodenal mucosa may increase. The maximum daily dose of the drug is 200 mg (2 tablets in 2 divided doses at regular intervals). There is no need to reduce the dose for elderly patients, but the functional state of the liver and kidneys must be carefully monitored. The drug is used with caution to people with pathological processes in the liver or kidneys. The recommended course of treatment is no more than 5 days. In general, the smaller the course of treatment, the lower the risk of side effects or complications from the use of the drug.
In connection with the partial suppression of the synthesis of prostaglandins necessary for the normal course of a number of physiological processes in the body, the use of Aertal tablets can lead to the development of such side effects from various organs and systems:
- The digestive system - nausea, vomiting, pain from the epigastrium (upper abdomen) or over the entire surface of the abdomen of a spastic nature (sometimes the pain may develop in the form of colic), bloating (flatulence), unstable stool (constipation can be replaced by diarrhea and vice versa). In rare cases or with improper use (on an empty stomach and for a long time), gastrointestinal bleeding, ulcer perforation (formation of a through hole in the wall of the stomach or duodenum in the ulcer process), pancreatitis (acute inflammation of the pancreas) may develop.
- Nervous system - insomnia, headache, intermittent dizziness. Less common is disorientation in space and time, pronounced agitation, visual impairment, hearing, taste perception, tinnitus, tremor (trembling) of the hands, convulsions of varying severity.
- Kidney - hematuria (the appearance of blood in the urine), less likely the development of interstitial nephritis (inflammation) and renal failure.
- Liver - increased activity of liver enzymes transaminases (ALT, AST), which indicates the destruction of hepatocytes (liver cells).
- Red bone marrow and hematopoietic system - leukopenia (decrease in the number of leukocytes in the blood), hemolytic or aplastic anemia (decrease in the number of erythrocytes and hemoglobin level in the blood), thrombocytopenia (decrease in the number of platelets in the blood with the development of increased bleeding from small vessels).
- Cardiovascular system - tachycardia (increased heart rate), increased systemic blood pressure (hypertension), the development of heart failure.
- Allergic reactions - depending on the severity of such a reaction, a rash on the skin, itching, urticaria (characteristic rash and swelling in the form of nettle burn), angioedema of the Quincke (pronounced swelling of the skin and subcutaneous tissue with predominant localization in the area of the face and external genital organs) may develop. ). Severe allergic reactions are accompanied by bronchospasm and asthmatic condition (narrowing of the bronchi with dyspnea), the development of anaphylactic shock (multiple organ failure with a decrease in blood pressure with impaired consciousness).
In the event of one or more manifestations of side effects, the drug should be immediately stopped and seek medical help.
Before you start taking Aertal tablets, you must carefully read the instructions. It is important to pay attention to a number of specific instructions regarding their use:
- With prolonged use of the drug, it is necessary to conduct periodic laboratory monitoring of the functional state of the liver, kidneys and peripheral blood.
- With extreme caution, the drug is used for people with pathology of the kidneys, liver, stomach and duodenum.
- Combined use of Aertal tablets with other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and hormonal preparations of the corticosteroid group may increase the risk of side effects.
- The combined use of the drug and potassium-sparing diuretics can lead to an increase in the level of potassium ions in the blood (hyperkalemia).
- To reduce the risk of development of reactions from the gastrointestinal tract in the form of erosions, ulcers and bleeding from them, it is advisable to use the drug in the minimum concentration and a small course.
- During treatment with Aertal tablets, it is advisable to abandon activities related to the need for increased concentration and high speed of psychomotor reactions.
In pharmacies, the drug is available on prescription. In the event of any doubts or questions regarding his admission, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
In case of exceeding the therapeutic dose of the drug Aertal, symptoms characteristic of its side effects develop. In this case, the pills are stopped, in the conditions of the hospital is carried out lavage of the stomach, intestines and symptomatic therapy. There is no specific antidote.
Analogues of Aertal tablets on the mechanism of action of the main active ingredient are Acefen, Tronak, Zerodol, Asefil.
Terms and conditions of storage
Aertal tablets have a shelf life of 4 years. It is necessary to store in a dark place inaccessible to children at an air temperature not higher than + 25 ° C.
Aertal film-coated tablets 100 mg, 20 pcs. - from 310 rubles.