Acesol instructions for use
- Acesol instructions for use
- Release form and composition of the drug
- Pharmacological properties of the drug
- Indications for use of the drug
- Dosage and administration
- special instructions
- Side effects when using the solution
- Use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation
- Conditions of storage of the drug and leave in pharmacies
- Acesol analogues
- Acesol prices
The drug Acesol is a combined salt drug, which is used in medicine to restore the water-salt balance during dehydration and severe intoxication of the body.
Release form and composition of the drug
The drug Acesol is available in the form of a solution for injection and intravenous infusion in vials of 200 ml and 400 ml. The preparation contains potassium chloride 5 g, sodium acetate trihydrate 2 g and water for injection. The contents of the vial are sterile!
Pharmacological properties of the drug
The active ingredients of the drug Acesol according to the instructions have antiplatelet properties, remove toxins from the body, restore water and electrolyte balance, prevent the development of acidosis (mixing the pH of the blood in the acidic side), prevent blood clots and adhesion of red blood cells with each other, eliminate the symptoms of shock.
Indications for use of the drug
Acesol is prescribed to patients to eliminate such conditions as:
- Dehydration of the body as a result of severe food poisoning, accompanied by repeated abundant vomiting, diarrhea;
- Massive blood loss, when you need to quickly restore the level of electrolytes in the body - is assigned as part of complex therapy with blood substitutes;
- Severe alcohol intoxication of the body, not caused by loss of fluid;
- Dysentery or cholera - infectious diseases, accompanied by abundant uncontrollable vomiting and diarrhea, as a result of which the patient quickly becomes dehydrated;
- Various foodborne diseases;
- Acetonemic syndrome, as a result of which the patient has significantly decreased the volume of circulating fluid in the body;
- Burns 2 and 3 degrees in the complex therapy.
The drug Acesol is contraindicated in such conditions:
- Alkalosis - the shift of blood pH to the alkaline side;
- Individual intolerance to one of the components of the drug;
- Chronic renal failure;
- Other contraindications to the introduction of a large amount of fluid in the body;
- Severe heart failure;
- Increased potassium in the blood;
- Cerebral edema or other edema of unexplained etiology.
Dosage and administration
The dosage and duration of therapy with the drug Acesol is calculated by the doctor, depending on the severity of the patient's condition, indications, individual characteristics of the organism, body weight and age. For the treatment of severe forms of intoxication or blood loss, the drug is administered intravenously in a stream up to 3 hours in a row, until at least 10% of the lost fluid from the body is replenished. After the danger to the life of the patient has passed and the state of his health improves, Acesol can be administered intravenously at a rate of 60 to 120 drops per minute, depending on the indication. The amount of the substance injected is determined by the doctor depending on the degree of intoxication and dehydration of the body.
Before the introduction of Acesol solution, it must be heated to 36-38 degrees, that is, to the patient's body temperature. This is necessary in order that the body did not spend its resources on heating the medicine and did not spend the last strength, which is especially important in difficult conditions.
In the period of using Acesol solution as a medicine, it is necessary to regularly monitor the patient's blood test indicators, paying particular attention to the water-salt balance and hematocrit.
The total amount of the administered drug Acesol should correspond to the volume of fluid lost from the body.
Side effects when using the solution
With proper use of the drug, side effects in patients are quite rare. Depending on the course of the pathological process and the degree of dehydration, the patient may develop the following side effects:
- Increased blood pressure;
- Chills and shortness of breath;
- Increased serum potassium.
During the use of Acesol solution intravenously, doctors constantly and regularly monitor patient blood and if they notice that as a result of the administration of the drug, the level of potassium in the patient's serum is increased, then Acesol saline solution is replaced with Disol solution. This drug quickly restores the optimal level of salts and trace elements in the blood.
Use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation
In medicine, there is no evidence of the detrimental effect of Acesol on pregnancy or fetal development. If necessary, this drug can be used to treat pregnant women, but only under the strict supervision of doctors and with constant monitoring of blood pressure of women, water-salt balance of blood and hematocrit.
The use of this drug for the treatment of lactating women is possible according to indications. In case of intoxication of the body or severe poisoning of a nursing mother, it is necessary to decide on the temporary cessation of breastfeeding, since pathological microorganisms and toxins with milk can easily penetrate into the body of a child.
Conditions of storage of the drug and leave in pharmacies
Acesol is sold in pharmacies without a prescription. The shelf life of this drug is 2 years from the date of manufacture, which is indicated on the packaging. After the expiration date of the drug can not be used. It is also forbidden to use Acesol if there are any flakes or suspensions in the bottle, as well as when the contents of the bottle are clouded.
The sealed bottle should be stored at a temperature not exceeding 25 degrees in a dark place out of the reach of children. Ensure that direct sunlight does not fall on the bottle. Open the vial to store no more than 3 days in the refrigerator, heating up to 38 degrees before the introduction of the patient.
The structural analogue of Acesol (Potassium Chloride + Sodium Acetate + Sodium Chloride) is Chlosol
Acesol solution for infusions, a bottle of 200 ml - from 32 rubles.