Acesol instruction manual
- Acesol instruction manual
- Form of formulation and composition of the preparation
- Pharmacological properties of the preparation
- Indications for use of the drug
- Contraindications for use
- Method of administration and dosage
- special instructions
- Adverse effects when using the solution
- Use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation
- Conditions of drug storage and dispensing in pharmacies
- Acesol analogues
- Acesol price
The drug Acesol is a combined salt drug, which is used in medicine to restore the water-salt balance during dehydration and strong intoxication of the body.
Form of formulation and composition of the preparation
The drug Acesol is available as a solution for injection and intravenous infusion in 200 ml and 400 ml vials. The preparation contains potassium chloride 5 g, sodium acetate trihydrate 2 g and water for injection. The contents of the vial are sterile!
Pharmacological properties of the preparation
The active substances of the drug Acesol according to the instructions have an antiaggregant property, remove toxins from the body, restore the water-electrolyte balance, prevent the development of acidosis (mixing the pH of the blood in the acidic side), prevent blood clotting and clumping of red blood cells with each other, eliminate the symptoms of shock.
Indications for use of the drug
The drug Acesol is prescribed to patients to eliminate such conditions as:
- Dehydration of the body as a result of severe food poisoning, accompanied by multiple abundant vomiting, diarrhea;
- Massive blood loss, when you need to quickly restore the level of electrolytes in the body - is prescribed as part of a comprehensive therapy with blood substitutes;
- Heavy alcoholic intoxication of the body, not due to loss of fluid;
- Dysentery or cholera - infectious diseases, accompanied by abundant uncontrollable vomiting and diarrhea, resulting in the patient quickly dehydration of the body;
- Various foodborne infections;
- Acetonemic syndrome, as a result of which the patient significantly reduced the volume of circulating fluid in the body;
- Burns 2 and 3 degrees in the complex therapy.
Contraindications for use
The drug Acesol is contraindicated under such conditions:
- Alkalosis - a shift in the pH level of the blood in the alkaline side;
- Individual intolerance to one of the components of the drug;
- Chronic kidney failure;
- Other contraindications to the introduction of a large amount of liquid into the body;
- Severe heart failure;
- Elevated levels of potassium in the blood;
- Edema of the brain or other edema of unexplained etiology.
Method of administration and dosage
Dosage and duration of therapy with the drug Acesol is calculated by the doctor, depending on the severity of the patient's condition, indications, individual body characteristics, body weight and age. To treat severe forms of intoxication of the body or volume of blood loss, the drug is injected intravenously for up to 3 hours in a row until at least 10% of the lost fluid is replenished from the body. After passing the danger to the life of the patient and improving his health, the drug Acesol can be injected intravenously at a rate of 60 to 120 drops per minute, depending on the indications. The amount of the administered substance is determined by the doctor, depending on the degree of intoxication and dehydration of the body.
Before the introduction of the solution of Acesol it needs to be warmed up to 36-38 degrees, that is, to the temperature of the patient's body. This is necessary for the fact that the body did not spend its resources on heating the medicine and did not expend the last forces, which is especially important in severe conditions.
During the period of using the Acesol solution as a medicine, it is necessary to regularly monitor the blood test parameters of the patient, paying special attention to the water-salt balance and hematocrit.
The total amount of the injected Acesol must correspond to the volume of the lost fluid from the body.
Adverse effects when using the solution
With proper use of the drug, side effects in patients are rare. Depending on the course of the pathological process and the degree of dehydration, the patient may develop the following side effects:
- Heart palpitations;
- Increase in blood pressure indicators;
- Chills and shortness of breath;
- Increase of potassium content in blood serum.
During the application of the Acesol solution intravenously, doctors constantly and regularly monitor the patient's blood and if they notice that as a result of the drug in the blood serum of the patient the potassium level has increased, then the salt solution of Acesol is replaced with a solution of Disol. This drug quickly restores the optimal level of salts and trace elements in the blood.
Use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation
In medicine, there is no evidence of the harmful effects of the drug Acesol on the course of pregnancy or intrauterine development of the fetus. If necessary, this drug can be used to treat pregnant women, but only under the strict supervision of doctors and with constant monitoring of the arterial pressure indicators of women, water-salt balance of blood and hematocrit.
The use of this drug for the treatment of nursing women is possible by indications. At intoxications of an organism or strong poisonings of a feeding mother it is necessary to solve a question on time termination of thoracal feeding as pathological microorganisms and toxins with milk can easily get into an organism of the child.
Conditions of drug storage and dispensing in pharmacies
The drug Acesol is sold in pharmacies without a prescription. The shelf life of this medication is 2 years from the date of manufacture, which is indicated on the package. After the expiration date the drug can not be used. It is also forbidden to use Acesol if any flakes or suspensions are present in the bottle, or if the contents of the vial are clouded.
The sealed vial should be stored at a temperature of no more than 25 degrees in a dark place inaccessible to children. Ensure that the bottle is not exposed to direct sunlight. The opened vial should not be stored for more than 3 days in the refrigerator, heating up to 38 degrees before administration to the patient.
The structural analogue of Acesol (Potassium chloride + Sodium acetate + Sodium chloride) is the drug Hlosol
Acesol solution for infusions, a bottle of 200 ml - from 32 rubles.